Mafia Universe Championships - Let's enter this year

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by AniX »

To be clear, while users are welcome to suggest ways of deciding a nominee, this is a sitewide event where all of mafiascum is represented and the entire userbase should be involved in agreeing to and deciding upon that method before it is instituted.

Also, speaking as a regular user who will be represented and not a mod and not reflecting any determination, decision, or opinion of the moderation team, I do echo LLD's concern, Koba, that I don't know how valuable or reflective of community sentiment a method devised by single user competing for another team, drawn from a list composed by a single user competing for another team, run and with terms and deadlines set by a single user competing for another team is. I think it is certainly a fine method of deciding and one I think the user base could certainly decide will reflect the opinon of the user base. But I think you ought to hold off on creating a deadline until the user base has weighed in.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by AniX »

I don't think there is anything wrong with you going "I think this would be a good method of deciding". But when you speak with authority as to how it is going to be run, complete with soliciting and composing the list and setting deadlines, you create the risk of people who otherwise might weigh in with a different method of deciding or different thoughts on how it should be run feeling the decision has already been made. We already see here good faith criticism with how your process works and you arguing back on that criticism. That's great and debate makes the system stronger, but that process gets cut short when you post in the manner you originally did.

Also, it isn't about anyone believing you are going to sabotage. I don't think anyone does. It is simply a matter of creating an environment that is most welcoming to the most amount of voices and someone competing for another team running "tryouts" for this site simply...does not do that. I don't play a ton of sports so this metaphor might get away from me, but even if you trust another coach not to sabotage, you still wouldn't let them set your lineup. You are absolutely a member of this community except in the limited scope of this competition where you are openly engaging in it for a different site.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 52, DkKoba wrote:I think you all confused "nominate someone" for "force them to play".

My plan was to contact anyone who received a 2nd nom (which I was going to do now for CabD+Pooky)

Since not every player camps active threads, especially some that are very good nominations.

But sure, if the majority of active people here want to do volunteers I will simply send out a mass PM to people I think would be interested and do well and we can go from there. I will wipe the OP and start from that.
Speaking as a regular user (that is, you are free to do whatever you want in the end in terms of PMing people), but I think you ought to really consider taking a step back and letting someone else take point on this, especially since volunteers wasn't even a part of the process you originally favored and especially because I think there is going to be a concern that "people you think will be interested" is not a comprehensive list.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by AniX »

The decision of the mods to take a hands-off approach was not a resource issue so much as it was a policy determination that we were and are uncomfortable with having too great a hand in the decision-making process here. I am speaking as a mod but not FOR the mod team when I say that if people feel a separate, more formal thread would help facilitate the process rather than hinder it, I don't think that would be objectionable.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 71, DkKoba wrote:I do not see why you are so against me, when this is simply clerical work and organizing info into 1 place and updating a thread.

I am not someone who is immune to input, as I've already even updated the OP to reflect the requested self nom system
(something I feel was something you pushed for your own self interest due to your self nom being inserted and nobody nominating you)
- But At the end of the day I am not choosing who goes, I am definitely offering my input and discussion however and you will not silence me as an active player.
Let's keep remarks like this out of the discussion, please. The process cannot work if criticism of the process is mixed in with accusations and implications about user's personal positions. You asked others not to speculate about you and whether you taking a greater hand in organizing was indicative of sabotage and that is a fair thing to ask. You need to extend the same to others.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by AniX »

Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN

Return to “Mafia Discussion”