ScumChamps 2022 is over!

This forum is for playing games of Chess.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:27 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I need to get back into thinky chess instead of just playing stupid gambits in online blitz. This seems like a good way.

/in
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:05 am

I've been enjoying 1. e4 c5 2. a3 Nc6 3. b4 quite a bit, a kind of Wing Gambit variant. It's not super unsound even against best play, and you get a nice center and a lot of open lines if they accept it.

I do play the Stafford as well, though I should probably stop and learn actual openings as black. Even if you don't get a quick win, you get a position that's much easier to play than your opponent's, which is pretty valuable in blitz.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:19 am

That seems fine. I'm pretty sure in round-robin tournaments if someone drops out it's standard to award their future opponents a forfeit win.

Also, if I wanted to continue a game despite my opponent's time expiring, would I be allowed to do that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:23 am

Yeah, that makes sense. I would only do it once per game, and only if I didn't already feel I was going to win.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:03 pm

My game with Mist has ended in a timeout win for me (black): viewtopic.php?f=81&t=89178

I'm ready for my final game with Vash whenever he is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Tue May 31, 2022 10:10 am

It would only be a 2-way tie, right? Vash only has 3 points, I think.

Return to “Chess Games”