Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8114 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Do normal games have a standard for role PM’s nowadays?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8189 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:25 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, this game was close, and I don't think the town fighting each other was as bad as people say it was. There were times when we nearly had a VPB-Fire-DV-Yeet-Myself town block, but scum was able to break it before it got built. One or two clutch scum fades could have opened up this game heavily.

I also feel the 5 scum is being downplayed to how powerful that truly is to have an extra voice for scum play.

There weren't any like Hard Inno slots, which automatically make it so scum don't get boxed in, and scum can fake claim and mess with the setup so they don't get boxed in.

With 5 scum, yes, there's gonna be strong PR's, and personally, I don't think there was that many overly strong PR's, which showed. I don't think there was a single scum PR claim other than Eyes, and that was done at a decent albeit after I found out it was A50, and reanalyzed, it did come off as super scummy.

But yeah, the mere fact there were 5 scum is why it was hard to get on the same page as town because it ended up with multiple townies being right, but that is the premise of this setup (and every game to a certain extent), but if town is able to collectively get together, then they pull it off.

We were close to doing so, and I believe Tene vs Scorp, finding out they were both town, would have been the last key to pulling this game off for town.

It's one of the reasons I'm not the biggest fan of having that extra traitor as scum because it always feels rough as scum to have to play against a setup like that no matter what, especially considering you don't fully feel like a 5 person scum team.

Years back we had a large extra traitor slot meta for some reason, and it always feels like it sucks for scum when you're playing.

I do think town were working together as much as they could, and we were super close.

For instance, my moment of doubt and paranoia on VP Balter and Cape and compromising rather than holding the ground could have changed the game, but Frogster actively played that VPB/Frogster into my head, whether by accident or not, so scum did heavily effect the day play.

STD also coasted on me and it protected Frogster.

I do think it's slightly scum sided based on that extra slot, but it wasn't like broken scum sided.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8203 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

This game was so good, it got me wanting to mod a game.

So I'm modding a Micro with the flavor being a short story I wrote. Will be mostly Normal.

Bringing back my Cryptids, 9p, would love anyone from this game to join, I found this game to be mostly pleasant.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8204 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 8202, Nero Cain wrote:2 shot vig provides some swing and is a pretty powerful role regardless but could have negatively impacted town but was a conditional IC.
I kind of liked the Alien being able to completely counter if the Vig claimed too early, which happened here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8205 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 8202, Nero Cain wrote:I could maybe see where scum argues that none of the PRs were limable and their lim pool was the 7 non PRS (I'm counting cape)
They are limable if scum messed with setup spec more. They didn't need to, but it is an option that's there.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8210 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 8207, Galron wrote:Boon, I love you brother but man looking at this as a townie would, I would've been on your ass like a tick on a toe.
I don't mind being pushed. I can handle it. I gotta read the scum pt still.

I actually prefer being town and scum read.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”