Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

vote: xtoxm

He was scum in the last game I played with him, therefore he's scum now. That's an iron-clad case against you, mind as well give yourself up. :P
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:21 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Hate to do this, but it's so early in the game that maybe it won't matter too much.

I'm going to be on vacation from today until Nov 8th. Internet access will probably be expensively limited.

unvote
. Just in case.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'm back.

Is Crazy's vote random or is he sincerely grasping at straws?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Crazy wrote:Why does a vote have to either be for a completely random reason or a completely real reason?
Because I'm new here and I don't know you. Does it really bug you that much that someone you've never met or played with is asking you to clarify your reason for voting?

If you want the random segment to end and scum-hunting to begin, then eventually some semi-serious questions have to start being asked.
Natirasha wrote:
See sig.
I don't know who Stoofer is. I don't care who Stoofer is.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

StrangerCoug wrote:Don't give us this newbie card crap.
Huh?
Crazy wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
Natirasha wrote:
See sig.
I don't know who Stoofer is. I don't care who Stoofer is.
How the hell is Mr Stoofer relevant to what Natirasha is referencing?
Could be my mistake.. I'm thinking that Natirasha is telling me to look at Crazy's sig as an answer to my question. What is Natirasha referencing, then?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Natirasha wrote:
-TinVision- wrote:
Natirasha is now V/LA. If activity levels don't pick up by Tuesday, a deadline may be imposed.
At least our mod realized what I was saying.
Ah. Sorry. Just got back from vacation, didn't realized your sig had changed. :oops:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Don't give us this newbie card crap.
Huh?
When you attacked Crazy for making a semi-random vote, he responded by asking why votes have to be either completely random or completely serious. You answered by saying you're new, which 1.) is scummy and 2.) I see as BS anyway since your account is three months old.
Well, popsofctown already answered for me. When Crazy voted for you, he gave an in-game non-meta weak reasoning behind his vote. All I asked was whether or not it was a random vote or a serious one. He asked me why I would ask such a question and I responded that I was new and didn't know him well enough (at all, really) to make that call.

I understood Crazy's answer, I was just letting him know why I asked it.

That's the second time you've "made a case" against someone during this 2-page long game. First you FOSed Natirasha for self-voting, then you vote for me for saying that I'm new. Do you actually have a strategy in doing this, or are you just in a hurry to get the day over with?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

popsofctown wrote:Let's get at the spirit of the rule instead of the letter Xtoxm. You haven't made a meaningful post this game. Are you lurking? Are you scum? Do you have somewhere you want to put suspicion or vote?
Heh. The only person here that I have played with and know his meta is Xtoxm. And in the game I played with him he lurked so much he had to be proded 2-3 times and was threatened with losing his IC status. He was scum in that game.

I'm thinking that we should make an effort to not forget that Xtoxm is playing and put him on the hotseat every once in a while.
StrangerCoug wrote:
I have a strategy, and it involves hunting scum.
Random voting has to end sometime, and I say it's perfectly acceptable to make two cases so soon. We know there are two mafia, and even though the chances of me being right about you and Natirasha are very low, that doesn't deprive me the right to go after you both. I think you're jumping to conclusions as to my wanting the game to end as early as you think I do.

I remember somebody defending Natirasha as someone who always self-votes in the random voting stage,
but I'm not 100% sure who exactly it was and I'm too lazy to go back and check.
I know that different people has different playing styles and all.. But what the hell kind of strategy is that? You've pounced on the tiniest of scraps of "evidence" and you're refusing to keep track of who says what?

You're not letting people make mistakes. It's too aggressive. It just reeks of... trying too hard.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

popsofctown wrote:I can't really FoS or vote {Xtoxm} yet, i don't know what's going on with him and that seems unfair, since there's a totally legit explanation for his actions. I'm very concerned though.
I'll throw a vote on him then. An "influx of work" could just be a lie to cover his lurking. He's made 3 posts (no meaningful content) in 8 days. If he honestly is so busy with work that he can't play the game, then he should have asked to be replaced. Since he didn't ask to be replaced, it means he has the time to play and he's just choosing to remain out of the spotlight and in the shadows.

vote: Xtoxm
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #67 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:58 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

StrangerCoug wrote:OK, I know what I said, but have you checked Xtoxm's other games to verify that he's lurking? If he's active and contributing in his other current games while posting absolutely nothing of value here, then yes, your vote is legitimate. If this is a problem in multiple games, then I would not question his being so tied up with work if I were you.
:?: Uh... I know you refuse to be motivated to read old info as a meta, but you only had to scroll up to post 55 (11 posts ago! same page!). The highlights are: I've played with him before, he lurked a lot then, he was an effective scum due to lurking.

Since you want me to do more work... According to his profile, he posts as average of 15.13 posts a day.
11/11 - 7 posts on games in this site (including 1 this game)
11/10 - 19 posts
11/09 - 4 posts
11/08 - 3 posts
11/07 - 10 posts
11/06 - 10 posts
etc..

Xtoxm has plenty of time to play this game, but he's not. He's actively lurking. That is a very scummy thing to do.
StrangerCoug wrote:So basically, don't make assumptions.
Lacking any solid facts, assumptions are all the uninformed majority have to go on.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Xtoxm wrote:Try again, failtown didn't want any cop results this time. Your choice, I guess.
You could have offered a defense instead of sarcasm or a content-free vote. It's sorta of a a new fed sweeping these boards.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Natirasha wrote:Sorry, I just wanted a lynch. I'm bloodthirsty that way. I don't beleive you about the cop thing, either.
A fourth-page speedlynch while there is an active deadline? I can see why you're hoping he's not a cop.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #101 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Well, I'm really glad that we have one of the scum exposed.

Nobody else should vote at this point. Let's have some discussion and try to out the second one.

Looking at the other two players of this game: Crazy & Natirasha.. It's not looking good for you Nat. You were out of town for most of the day, then you pop back in out of nowhere to hammer for whimsical reasons. Want to offer up a defense for your actions?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

popsofctown wrote:I was wrong about one of you two, but apparently I was right about one of you. Vote: StrangerCoug
What did I just say? No voting until we get some discussion about the second scum.

What do you think of Natirasha or Crazy?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #116 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Crazy: why the hell did you vote so fast while it was a lynch and lose situation?

Nat & SC are the mafia scumpair. They must be because Nat turned up non-werewolf.

What a horrible game for the town.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #120 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

:|
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #127 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

StrangerCoug wrote:Thank you. And with that, I congratulate the town with a good job.
Good job? Man, town was lucky as hell..

Hell, I still suspect Natirasha of being scum and the game is over. Plus it looks like you could have convinced him that you were still the Seer on Day 3.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

I agree, it was a great gambit. But I thought that SC's seerclaim was so bad that I could hold off counter-claiming for a few days while some discussion got started by everyone else on the second scum. I did still have you in mind as a poss. suspect, but much, much lesser so than Nat. But by the time I got home from work, Crazy & Nat already voted.

If when SC was lynched for his false claim and turned up mafia (which he would have), then nat would have had to have a golden defence to not be 2nd mafia.

I don't think you can be too mad at SC. There's no way he could have won on Day 3 unless Nat is really dense. So yeah, the town won because we played worse than a scum team could possibly except. A pretty hollow victory.

BTW - why did you target ortolan on Night 1? I expected that if Nat & ortolan were town, they would be kept alive as good lynch bait for Day 2.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #133 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

StrangerCoug wrote:ortolan was killed because popsofctown thought he was scummier than me, and for the gambit to work, I had to be the scummiest player and my claim could not have been believable.
Scummier than Nat....?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #135 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

F'ed up, man...
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #152 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@farside22 - I think the setup is a winner. Big props to Adel!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #156 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:14 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

StrangerCoug wrote:May I ask how the hell that's pro-town?
It's not. I think their point is that when you're dealing with a town that makes rash impatient moves, then starting off Day 3 with a whopper of a lie might have actually worked.

Noticed that you not only had to vote yourself, but also had to explicitly lay out the case against yourself for Natirasha to vote with you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”