Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Battousai »

Ok, I'll lynch guardian on page 1 :)

You wanna know the reason for the double wagon vote? To see how people would react. I didn't think it was scummy, though so I wasn't trying to see who would jump on me for being scummy.

Also, I haven't played with guardian, but I would think that L-2 on page 1 where both votes were random = pressure. That's just me though.

Concerning the scum pairs: I think it is pretty early to be calling them now. From the people that are active, the person I think is most likely scum is Adel (info after random vote).

Adel: What's your position on guardian-
batt
scum pair, adel-batt scum pair, or the one where I'm not scum? Instead of sitting back and watch two people have a "scum fight."
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Battousai »

[quote="Lord Gurgi"]JDodge is town. This is based on meta. It will
additionally be based upon his response to this statement.
Let's see where it goes.[/quote

Doesn't stating the above italic sentence negates your ability to formulate a hypothesis towards Jdodge's guilt based on the idea that Jdodge is now aware that you are looking for a certain reaction from him?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Battousai »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:JDodge
is
may be (~65%) town. This is based on meta. It will additionally be based upon his response to this statement. Let's see where it goes.
I am almost completely apathetic about this statement. A little curious as to why you think I'm town, yet apathetic.
Revised.

Batt, that was a very good post to say absolutely nothing.

In other news, why is Guardian still breathing?
What I meant was that you basically said, "I think Jdodge is town because of his meta, unless he reacts scummy when I post this." I guess for my post to actually say something like your meaningful "why is Guardian still breathing? post," I should add in: I think you posted the meta/plus disclaimer post so as to appear to side with JDodge, but if he does something scummy you can fall back on and still say you had doubts because of his ambigous response to that post.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Battousai »

Damn laptop, erased my whole post right when I got done with the top half....

LG:
Why am I lurkerscum for posting once at the beginning of twilight and stop posting, IIRC, for 2 hours at the time of the comment? Why is Adel not lurkerscum for not posting at all?

Sens is the most likely lynch target today, yet you defend him. Why would you defend Sen by attacking JDodge's reasoning? Is it because you are trying to protect your scumbuddy?

Sens:
You hammer Guardian, paraphrasing here, because at least one other townsperson was on the wagon and 3 people were calling for his lynch (who were already on the wagon). You didn't want your voice to be more important than the majority. (You also thought he was scummy for his MOS post). I see it as you finding an easy lynch, and relying on the scum numbers and the WIFOM to avoid a lynch.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Battousai »

Adel: Why shouldn't I be considered lurkerscum at this point? Simple, I post. This game is similar to the beginning of one of the games JDodge and I were in and is still on going. I post my usual amount, but it gets lost in the influx of posts made by other players when I'm not on.

LG: My question wasn't meant to be a loaded question, I meant for it to state my suspicion on you via rhetorical question.
I'd like to see some arguments from you, rather than sitting back as you are.
Well I joined this game to learn how to play mafia better, especially with player types like JDodge's. The best way for me to learn is watch, but I'll try to add more content into the posts that I make when I get on, just for you ;).

Adel: Do you plan on focusing on Sens, or will you be as "aggressive" with other players? Do you think me and sen are a scumpair? Did you think Guardian was scum near the lynch?

JDodge: Why would you hammer Guardian on page 2? His MOS, IMO, was just him trying to get out of the random stage by discussing theory and get reactions (unfortunately the reaction was to lynch him). Don't you think it would have been best if he wasn't hammered so as to get as much info towards the next lynch on the off chance that he wasn't scum?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Battousai »

Sens: I know this isn't a newbie game, but everyone should still learn in every game they are in. Thinking anything other than that is asinine. Also I'm not just sitting back and watching as you make it sound. By my post I meant that I was here, reading, posting, but my posts were less contentful than what LG wanted. I'm trying to get in by asking a few questions in which I can counter their response with a formulated opinion. I tried that with my last post with JDodge/Adel but they haven't answered yet.

LG: Maybe if you wait untl he answers. Maybe he will have a different answer.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Battousai »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I'll give a crack at this meta strategy that seems so popular, Batt, can I get a list of all games you have played? Seperated by alignment and such.
It'll take me a bit since I don't keep them tabbed in my watched like Sens, so I'll finish what I was going to say now and then include the list in my next post

JDodge: So, according to your first reason in your last post, you thought Guardian was a detriment to the town regardless of alignment. I don't remember there being a policy on lynching people for potentinaly being bad towards town (especially when we are given only 1 mislynch, which makes the second day even harder due to all the townies needing to agree or lose). Also you went after Sens for hammering because you thought he was trying to shed the responsibility of the lynch. If the lynch was so full of win, why would scum want to shed the responsibility off (3 people called for the lynch and if Sen is scum that meant that 2 townies were on the lynch as well, so he could have had their support as well).

Adel wrote:
Battousai wrote:Adel: Do you plan on focusing on Sens, or will you be as "aggressive" with other players? Do you think me and sen are a scumpair? Did you think Guardian was scum near the lynch?
1. I will be aggressive with other players.
2. No telling at this point. As an exercise in intellectual honesty, please point out what evidence might lead a rational observer to think that you could be scum with SensFan.
3. No, I didn't have any reason to think he was scum. I was happy with pressure being applied to him because it would help illuminate his alignment.
2.I was just wondering because you said that if guardian wasn't scum I have to be scum. Since you are focusing on Sen right now over me, I figured you thought we were both scum together.
3.You didn't think he was scum?
Adel wrote:I think it is obvious that if Guardian isn't scum
(though I think he is scum)
then batt must be scum. I can't see Adel being scum with anyone else.
Just so everyone knows who I think is scum: Adel/LG
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Battousai »

Woah, I go and get the list of my games and you guys write a fury of posts. I'll post my list now before I jump in.

Newbie Scum

542 Thread messed up, most posts deleted.
569 (my favorite newbie game)

Newbie Town

531 (my ashamed game)
583 (replaced in. first post on page 7)
595 (replaced in. first post on page 21)
647 (replaced in. first post on page 8)

Mini Town

611a (replaced in. first post on page 3)
611b
624 (replaced in. first post on page 14)

Mini Scum

549 (replaced in. first post on page 14)
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Battousai »

I'm not going to vote today. Sorry, but I would like Adel to come back with a new perspective and hopefully the rest of you will too.

To some everything up, either the scum are JDodge and Adel or Sens and LG. If the scum were on both wagons, all they would have had to do was switch their vote to win the game.

Adel: It seems my playstyle has offended you. So you know I think you read the wrong quote. Here is the quote I have of you saying you though Guardian was scum. I cut out what I said and your answers to the other questions as I felt they didn't pertain to what I was trying to explain.
Adel wrote:
Battousai wrote:Ok, I'll lynch guardian on page 1 :)

You wanna know the reason for the double wagon vote? To see how people would react. I didn't think it was scummy, though so I wasn't trying to see who would jump on me for being scummy.

Also, I haven't played with guardian, but I would think that L-2 on page 1 where both votes were random = pressure. That's just me though.

Concerning the scum pairs: I think it is pretty early to be calling them now. From the people that are active, the person I think is most likely scum is Adel (info after random vote).

Adel: What's your position on guardian-
batt
scum pair, adel-batt scum pair, or the one where I'm not scum? Instead of sitting back and watch two people have a "scum fight."
I think it is obvious that if Guardian isn't scum (though I think he is scum) then batt must be scum. I can't see Adel being scum with anyone else.
Posting this before I totally finish for the night so you know I had the chance to hammer and win for scum if I was scum.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Battousai »

I'm 75% sure of who is scum and that's probably the highest it's going to get. Now I have something I want answered to reassure my decision.

LG: Called JDodge town, based on meta (and reaction to this claim). Then after my post says JDodge is 65% town.
Please explain why you thought JDodge was town at that time, why you switched to 65%, and what kind of reaction would have made him look scum, town.

After reading through the thread again, I found it interesting that Sens/LG and Adel/Jdodge were linked together early and often. I guess me and guardian were linked as well. 'I wonder how different this game would have went if someone in another pairing was lynched D1.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Battousai »

After reading the thread a few times, looking at other games, I feel that LG/Sen are the scum pair.

Vote: Sen
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Battousai »

I feel disappointed. It took me a long, long time to acquire all the games I've been in and sort them, only to have no one look at them...
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Battousai »

I was voting scumpairs, not single scum. I felt it there was a stronger link between Sen/LG than Adel/JD. Also, I added in scummy things by LG to Sen and it was more convincing than all of Adel/JD's.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Battousai »

WTF farside, I was just about to say that ;)

Ya, hunchback finally openned up, so I can't take in any more games.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”