Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Isis »

Pavowski luigi
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Isis »

Is your skitter townread articulable? I'm writing coral off as town
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Aristeia »

I feel like I should know more at this point but I don't and it's ick.

GuiltyLion's case on Marci resonates with me but he was also wrong on Beat so I'm not really comfortable giving him a second shot atp even though I think Beat was pretty scummy[cuz pretty scummy townies look pretty scummy to mafia too and GL's good enough of a scum to know to push people who look scummy]

I agree that Marci looks kind of scummy now.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2027, Isis wrote:Is your skitter townread articulable? I'm writing coral off as town

I just feel the way she approached pushing me felt like town being genuinely worried that scum!me was taking control of thread and game state and cleverly plotting a course for the iceberg.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2026, Isis wrote:Pavowski luigi
This made me laugh the hardest I have in a while and I’m in the middle of a math class so it was very embarrassing :lol:
Thank you for this though I needed that laugh

Will answer what I’ve been asked when I have the opportunity to!
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:59 am

Post by marcistar »

just elim me if u guys want to so badly
like im not gonna really fight it i dont have the motivation for that
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:59 am

Post by Aristeia »

marci nooooooooo :(
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Coral »

aw

i do try not to be but i am highly vulnerable to appeals like that

:(
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:05 am

Post by marcistar »

like its true

idrc for being forced to give reads
even so, i dont even knowwhat my reads are rn, im so confused abt everything and i was purposely trying to fade out yeah.

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Aristeia »

marci ilu even if you're mafia
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Aristeia »

sundress sisters for life
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2028, Aristeia wrote:I feel like I should know more at this point but I don't and it's ick.

GuiltyLion's case on Marci resonates with me but he was also wrong on Beat so I'm not really comfortable giving him a second shot atp even though I think Beat was pretty scummy[cuz pretty scummy townies look pretty scummy to mafia too and GL's good enough of a scum to know to push people who look scummy]

I agree that Marci looks kind of scummy now.
I think this is fair, like I myself don't want to be calling all the shots necessarily especially if marci is town then game is in a bad state - I should prob be suspicious of anyone sheeping me too easily

I just don't like the Isis wagon and it does feel marci is a good bet for scum on the wagon

I could be convinced to sheep elsewhere if the case is good, but realistically that'd probably only be Gamma on the wagon currently? She's the only slot a decent number of my townreads are suspecting. Everyone else I don't want to paranoia re-evaluate yet nor do I like the current pushes against them (thinking of votes on Titus/Isis mainly).

one problem is I'm a very "things need to be happening to put scum in difficult situations" player and we have a number of players in this lobby (Fruit, marci, Pav, Cakez, even skitter on occasion) who seem content to either not vote or let their vote sit on a vanity wagon for extended periods of time, and when that happens every impulse in me is to fill the void and try to create a significant wagon

if I don't get to call the shot today then I need some other folks to step up and lead
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2034, marcistar wrote:like its true

even so, i dont even knowwhat my reads are rn, im so confused abt everything and i was purposely trying to fade out yeah.
like, if you're town here, this is just not helpful

you don't have to give reads on everyone but at least put a vote down and stand for
something

if you believe Gamma's scum you're never going to get them eliminated with this attitude so to me it's hard to see a genuine townie trying to win
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:21 am

Post by Aristeia »

can you articulate why you townread Isis?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:31 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 2038, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2034, marcistar wrote:like its true

like, if you're town here, this is just not helpful

you don't have to give reads on everyone but at least put a vote down and stand for
something

if you believe Gamma's scum you're never going to get them eliminated with this attitude so to me it's hard to see a genuine townie trying to win
maybe i would be more helpful if u STOPPED TRYING TO FORCE ME TO DO STUFF

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1979, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1950, skitter30 wrote:Also i'm not sure i understand your isis townread - can you elaborate plz?
there's a bunch of posts from Isis where she's making insightful reads and pushing the game in a way that feels like authentic scumhunting. The latest such post that really made me feel "yup Isis town" is for example - I don't think it's as likely scum would have a) identified and remembered that marci's attitude towards Fruit changed specifically after Fruit called her out, b) thought to push it at this juncture in the game when marci isn't exactly a popular scumread.

and there's posts like this all over her ISO. your argument against her hasn't been convincing to me - like it feels like you're taking a post like far too seriously when you say it's "putting blame on Ari", and you're also holding onto as if it's some super indicative thing when to me it seems like you just don't like the explanation/thought process moreso than it being something that town wouldn't post.
I took a stab at it here

I think another way for me to try to summarize it is the level of depth/complexity to her reasoning is something I generally think is difficult for scum to fake without starting to sound disingenuous or manipulative. The marci read I mentioned here is a good example, another random one I am pulling out of ISO is - if we were in a world where it's scum!Isis and town!Gamma, I don't think she's likely to come up with that sort of reasoning, because it's hard to think of these types of thought processes or reactions without it either a) sounding too much like BS or b) being self-conscious of the fact that it's BS. instead to me it feels genuine, like a player who is freely trying to capture and express things they don't like in others' posts

it's not a "she's never scum here" level of confidence but I'd much rather be chasing the more conventionally scummy slots first before getting too in my head about a world where Isis might be deep scum.

if I'm wrong I'd like to see Isis scum readers point out where exactly they think she's fabricating beliefs or twisting events to present a narrative. I know skitter hates but that's like the only example anyone's given that I can recall off the top of my head.

also if skitt is town here I think she's so focused on trying to find the deepwolf that she's going to bat too much for the slots that have decent odds of being wolves on account of non-impactful/scummy play (Pav, marci, Gamma)
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Coral »

In post 2041, GuiltyLion wrote:also if skitt is town here I think she's so focused on trying to find the deepwolf that she's going to bat too much for the slots that have decent odds of being wolves on account of non-impactful/scummy play (Pav, marci, Gamma)
This is connected to why I'm becoming more suspicious of skitter.

My understanding of the setup is that we generally want to be hunting the scummiest scum first, because we get significant benefit for eliminating them (5 town clears if we do it today, and victory if we do it tomorrow), and if we don't eliminate them, oops, they just escape. We can't save them for later. And one deepwolf can't win the game alone, they need to make it to endgame first.

skitter feels like she is looking one step ahead, to have scumreads ready for the future once the scummiest scum have escaped. It kinda feels like she's getting ready to say "oops!" after the scummiest scum escapes.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Coral »

I guess we could eliminate any scum and win the game tomorrow. Maybe I'm thinking about things wrong.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Aristeia »

well if we elim scum today we go into tomm with 5 clears and 2 scum

if we elim town today we go into tomm with no clears and 2 scum and scummiest scum escapes
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Aristeia »

if scum don't bus it will be very hard for 7 out of 9 town to agree on an elim

the game feels slow for some reason
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Spoiler: Gamma recent posts on Isis
In post 1678, Gamma Emerald wrote:Again, who are these alleged partners Isis says I have
In post 1681, Gamma Emerald wrote:It shouldn’t be that hard if you’re forming that sort of theory
VOTE: Isis
Feels like you’re trying to force a miselim on me.
In post 1830, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1805, Isis wrote:
In post 1275, marcistar wrote:pls guys fruits my friend and he isnt used to how ppl on forums play hes just playing with what he knows from (he does irl maf with friends) and discord maf

its prob a cultural shock for him :pensive::v:
In post 1520, marcistar wrote:ugh fruits always just such a frustrating player to deal with.

he calls me filler, but thats just exactly what he is.
refuses to read at times, complains about wagons in a way that it seems like hes trying to prevent progression, only focusing on reading skitter, a weird lack of reads in his iso.

i know hes perfectly capable but also i know he just generally likes shitting around and being stubborn
In post 1534, marcistar wrote:i dont scumread fruit im just statimg facts

when hes town he usually gets in the way of good scumhunting where we play
I think the thing really sinister about this progression is that after 1275, TUF has been granted agency. If 1275 is taken well by the other players, modest efforts of scumhunting from fruit will followed up on, rather than if she didn't post it, then we might view it as being too low effort to signal boost compared to other people in the town.

After 1534 TUF doesn't have agency. He's discredited. If you engage the lines he's questioning along you're participating in "getting in the way of good scumhunting".

The thing that changed was that TUF suspected her.

1275 is perhaps the scummier feather on the scale in the end. She probably has long held a belief that fruit is ineffective, but she characterized his posting favorably in 1275 because she expected fruit to just bloc with her for free since he doesn't know anyone else in the game. She'd be interested in doing that as both alignments but more interested as scum because town!marci doesn't know whether she needs to just kill TUF d1 because he's scum (she's never actually posted an affirmative reason to townread him, all game)
This is actually rather compelling
In post 2007, Gamma Emerald wrote:Looking at VCs I feel like 25% more confident Isis is scum

Gamma can you walk me through the mindset of post

how compelling is it really if you're keeping your vote on Isis and still think Isis is scum? I'm trying to check why your vote is on Isis and I get that you don't like her SR on you but where you then point out a good point she made against marci feels incongruent with the rest of this progression. I'm not seeing why you posted if you're ultimately ignoring it
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2019, Coral wrote:Meuh, what are your feelings on skitter? Do you think you came to your reads independently of her and by your own reasoning? Or did you find her cases convincing?

I'll probably look to see for myself but I'm curious if you have any thoughts on the subject :)
Skitter's someone I've been feeling conflicted on. :eek:
At the very start of the game I felt good about her, then later on I didn't really like the way her and Isis interacted and had generally been feeling less good about her.
Then I started feeling like she was just town again
and now she's taking stances that feel mindmeldy and that's very comforting. It's just nice to have someone else with a similar outlook on the game. Tonally though? I've been mostly meh on her since the very start
In post 2017, Isis wrote:Meuh what would help you see me town bc unlike skitter I think you rolled town so

How do we learn eachothers language
Hmm I'm not too sure... I find your alignment a bit hard to discern from your posting. Should probably give you a proper reread.
Maybe we should just talk, that usually works :cool:
About what? Idk
Admittedly I think I give whether or not people agree with me too much weight. That likely doesn't help.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2043, Coral wrote:I guess we could eliminate any scum and win the game tomorrow. Maybe I'm thinking about things wrong.
I thought about this at the start of the game, forgetting that scum have a free escape at EoD2 if we mislim twice. There's no benefit to purposely mislimming today, as funny as that would be :cry:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2048, Meuh wrote:
In post 2043, Coral wrote:I guess we could eliminate any scum and win the game tomorrow. Maybe I'm thinking about things wrong.
I thought about this at the start of the game, forgetting that scum have a free escape at EoD2 if we mislim twice. There's no benefit to purposely mislimming today, as funny as that would be :cry:
Wait I misread your post oops
disregard

Return to “Completed Open Games”