Micro 1056: Moderators of the Discord Server [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Faker »

You seemed to take a particular interest in how the Sillyposting loss happened.
In post 641, marcistar wrote:im at work rn, so my posts may be spread out a bit.

ill read tho, im curious why that happened
Did you read it and not find any of it noteworthy? Perhaps you just forgot that it was interesting.

Or most likely: Did you just feel pressured to keep up some appearance of WIM and solving?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by marcistar »

i forgot to read it deeply
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by marcistar »

oh its just cuz everyone was stubborn

did pooky even push it at all? it looked like it just happened as a result of penguin x luke fight

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Faker »

It happened because I reined in the wild horses and prevented Lukewarm from rapidvoting Penguin who hadn't posted, only to have him rapid-vote Pooky instead.

Maybe I spewed a partner in all of that posting I made in that time, which was not all at those 3, since that again was claimed to be something you were actively hoping for in a scum Faker.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Faker »

You can focus on SGB, there is no point in reading my slot and trying to outguess me. I hope you are equally difficult to see through in your interactions. I am looking forward to it.

I just find it curious that your actions do not match your tonal presentations or ideas for solving whatsoever.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by Faker »

My point here with the above two posts isn't that marcistar needs to or should listen to me. From her point of view I'm scum and obviously shouldn't.

She was willing to go toe-to-toe with me when it was tonal blitzing, but when it comes to substantive holes or inconsistencies, she's nervous. What I just pointed out isn't a big deal at all and honestly isn't even that scum indicative. I think her discomfort in the engagements show a lot more.

I gave this time to let it become apparent: The nail in the coffin imo is the complete lack of care about being on the verge of defeat. Town has lost one minigame, and there's neither indignant fire or flailing despair. She's frozen but knows the game isn't over if she gets voted out, and that there exists a safety net of another partner in a scumsided game to pull the win out if she fails.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 648, RH9 wrote:Honestly, I agree with Dwlee that we should resolve MD next.
It feels somewhat safer because I trust Meuh more to make a good decision.
Tracking through your posts, you think marcistar is the scum in this minigame. 277 seems to be your best statement of it: It's all related to earlygame with Dwlee99 and her initial votelock on SGB.

Has your read on this game evolved as we've continued to play? You also haven't ventured a read on me at all, which I find pretty surprising.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm also kind of curious if Dragons has any questions for myself and marcistar.

Don't get me wrong-I'm happy to see you giving content in SGB.

...But is it really okay for you to leave me to run unchecked in MD?
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 681, Faker wrote:
In post 648, RH9 wrote:Honestly, I agree with Dwlee that we should resolve MD next.
Tracking through your posts, you think marcistar is the scum in this minigame. 277 seems to be your best statement of it: It's all related to earlygame with Dwlee99 and her initial votelock on SGB.

Has your read on this game evolved as we've continued to play? You also haven't ventured a read on me at all, which I find pretty surprising.
Yeah. My read has evolved. I've been starting to reconsider my read on Dwlee. In a vacuum, they actually seem all right though a bit non-committal as seen in .
However, this conflicts with my read on STD, who reads as wrongly tunnelled Town as in his latest stream of posts.
Especially, the amount of insight that he has put in. If I had to bet for scum out of my minigame, I would be forced to say Dwlee despite improvements in my read of them.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:11 pm

Post by RH9 »

As for my read on you, I have complex opinions.
In post 284, Faker wrote:Man, I really hope I don't get nightkilled this game.
The quoted made me feel like it was dumbtell because I would expect you to know that GotF had no NK.
Your jovial tone during D1 also brought up alarm bells because you almost never act tongue-in-cheek in every game that I've played with you and during those games, you were Town.

However, from D2 onwards, your tone started to improve and partially due to my SR on marci, you're now a TR.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 670, Faker wrote:RH9, what do you make of Dwlee99 instantly joining marcistar in SGB?

This could be coordinated, but it heavily restricts any swaps. Autoloss is not hard to dodge in a scenario, but scum are now forced to take one of those two players and put them in whichever game winds up with 2 town.

This double-lock again happened before they have any idea of what the town players were thinking or what their reads were.
I think that since Pooky flipped, it's likely that scum!Pooky with his expertise and experience, made a plan and convinced marci and Dwlee to follow along.
It's likely that Dwlee had intentionally joined marci so that Town, not expecting two scum to engage in such a risky behaviour, would view this as unaligned. I also think that Pooky engineered his interactions with both so that when Sillyposting flipped (as is the norm), whoever the Town are in SGB would be convinced that Dwlee was Town.
I think that swapping marci was always the plan but when it came out that they needed to swap marci into MD, the scum decided to leave you with her, because I had already suggested my belief that marci and Dwlee was aligned and "possibly even scum together".

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:23 pm

Post by Faker »

284 was a complete joke where the punchline was that I couldn't get nightkilled. I expected no one to think I forgot one existed. It was also partially a reference to this account's last game, Coalition, where I replaced in for night phase but was instantly nightkilled and never got to play.

The Newbie we played I wasn't very joking, but I'm a born shitposter at heart. I have a duality of being probably one of the most intense players to ever touch the site, but outside of the game I'm a much more jester-like personality and take virtually nothing seriously. Some games are heavier on one side than others, for this one I have tried extremely hard to keep a balance of intense but not venomously so. This is a long-term project of mine and I'm happy with this game so far. The short episode with Penguin was acrimonious but both an exception, and progress compared to how vicious I can often be with my critique.

Anyway, if my jovial tone becomes a concern at any point, you can see the competing venomous/shitposting switches on display in plenty of town games of mine. Chara's Folly, Mini Normal 2181, and Slaughter Hour (all on Prism) just to name a few. This account's 9:12 also was very lighthearted until a very serious accusation got thrown out.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:28 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 686, Faker wrote:284 was a complete joke where the punchline was that I couldn't get nightkilled. I expected no one to think I forgot one existed. It was also partially a reference to this account's last game, Coalition, where I replaced in for night phase but was instantly nightkilled and never got to play.

The Newbie we played I wasn't very joking, but I'm a born shitposter at heart. I have a duality of being probably one of the most intense players to ever touch the site, but outside of the game I'm a much more jester-like personality and take virtually nothing seriously. Some games are heavier on one side than others, for this one I have tried extremely hard to keep a balance of intense but not venomously so. This is a long-term project of mine and I'm happy with this game so far. The short episode with Penguin was acrimonious but both an exception, and progress compared to how vicious I can often be with my critique.

Anyway, if my jovial tone becomes a concern at any point, you can see the competing venomous/shitposting switches on display in plenty of town games of mine. Chara's Folly, Mini Normal 2181, and Slaughter Hour (all on Prism) just to name a few. This account's 9:12 also was very lighthearted until a very serious accusation got thrown out.
Oh.
I see.

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:30 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 683, RH9 wrote:
In post 681, Faker wrote:

Yeah. My read has evolved. I've been starting to reconsider my read on Dwlee. In a vacuum, they actually seem all right though a bit non-committal as seen in .
However, this conflicts with my read on STD, who reads as wrongly tunnelled Town as in his latest stream of posts.
Especially, the amount of insight that he has put in. If I had to bet for scum out of my minigame, I would be forced to say Dwlee despite improvements in my read of them.
I think two factors are in Dwlee99's favor here:

1) Doublelocking instantly is very bold, see the restrictions on swaps I talk about in 670.
2) The level of interactions between all three of Pooky, marcistar, and Dwlee99. Posts like this would be very impressive.

I'm not really sure I'd call Dragons tunneled right now. He's questioning and giving thoughts and trying. I don't see any problem with that, but I also think it's extremely within his range. (I think Dwlee's posts in a non-flipped vacuum, and yours, are also within your respective ranges for the record)
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:30 pm

Post by Faker »

Oh you responded to 670 already, my bad. I'll work through and chew on your response.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:55 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 685, RH9 wrote:I think that since Pooky flipped, it's likely that scum!Pooky with his expertise and experience, made a plan and convinced marci and Dwlee to follow along.
Mmmmm knowing Pooky I strongly disagree with this. Even in his best scum games he's not really dictatorial and is more focused on having fun with his partners and kind of trolling around hoping for the best. You can see this free-wheeling style on display in these two scum PTs, which weren't cherrypicked but were just the first games I thought of where he rolled scum. If he sees a great strategic plan he will advance it, but telling his partners exactly where to go and what to do pregame isn't his style.

If it happened at all, it was probably a joking suggestion by one of the parties where they all just say YOLO and go for it. They then debate the merits of the swaps overnight.
In post 685, RH9 wrote:It's likely that Dwlee had intentionally joined marci so that Town, not expecting two scum to engage in such a risky behaviour, would view this as unaligned.
I think it's certainly plausible to do so, but why do you think it's likely?
In post 685, RH9 wrote:I also think that Pooky engineered his interactions with both so that when Sillyposting flipped (as is the norm), whoever the Town are in SGB would be convinced that Dwlee was Town.
I think Pooky having good interactions with his partners is a given. I could nitpick but I don't think it'd be productive; I just think this is a hasty conclusion to assume he planned this far in advance before the swaps were even decided. He didn't interact with Dwlee99, or any SGB poster, much on Day 2.
In post 685, RH9 wrote:I think that swapping marci was always the plan but when it came out that they needed to swap marci into MD, the scum decided to leave you with her, because I had already suggested my belief that marci and Dwlee was aligned and "possibly even scum together".
Swap speculations are difficult because we're kind of working backwards here: You came up with a world where Dwlee99/marci decide to swap you and marcistar. This is really hard to put stock in here, though, because of what I talked about earlier with Dragons: Dragons really did not enjoy a previous 3 way with me, and there's a good chance he never wants to touch any minigame with me.

If both teams would make this specific swap, it's hard to say that knowing why they would inherently makes this one team more likely than the other. Swapping me/Dragons doesn't seem terrible, admittedly, and that would have been an option for Dragons/marcistar.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:52 pm

Post by RH9 »

Meuh, who do you want eliminated the most from SGB?
Same goes for Faker and marci.
I want to see your reads because it could potentially impact my decision if we are to resolve SGB after MD.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:59 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 690, Faker wrote:
In post 685, RH9 wrote:I think that since Pooky flipped, it's likely that scum!Pooky with his expertise and experience, made a plan and convinced marci and Dwlee to follow along.
Mmmmm knowing Pooky I strongly disagree with this. Even in his best scum games he's not really dictatorial and is more focused on having fun with his partners and kind of trolling around hoping for the best. You can see this free-wheeling style on display in these two scum PTs, which weren't cherrypicked but were just the first games I thought of where he rolled scum. If he sees a great strategic plan he will advance it, but telling his partners exactly where to go and what to do pregame isn't his style.

If it happened at all, it was probably a joking suggestion by one of the parties where they all just say YOLO and go for it. They then debate the merits of the swaps overnight.
I see.
In post 685, RH9 wrote:It's likely that Dwlee had intentionally joined marci so that Town, not expecting two scum to engage in such a risky behaviour, would view this as unaligned.
I think it's certainly plausible to do so, but why do you think it's likely?
I think so because that's exactly the sort of thing scum!me would do. Flip most people's expectations.
There's nothing better than making people think that it's impossible because people are easily tricked into believing anything that fits their narrative.
In post 685, RH9 wrote:I also think that Pooky engineered his interactions with both so that when Sillyposting flipped (as is the norm), whoever the Town are in SGB would be convinced that Dwlee was Town.
I think Pooky having good interactions with his partners is a given. I could nitpick but I don't think it'd be productive; I just think this is a hasty conclusion to assume he planned this far in advance before the swaps were even decided. He didn't interact with Dwlee99, or any SGB poster, much on Day 2.
I see.
In post 685, RH9 wrote:I think that swapping marci was always the plan but when it came out that they needed to swap marci into MD, the scum decided to leave you with her, because I had already suggested my belief that marci and Dwlee was aligned and "possibly even scum together".
Swap speculations are difficult because we're kind of working backwards here: You came up with a world where Dwlee99/marci decide to swap you and marcistar. This is really hard to put stock in here, though, because of what I talked about earlier with Dragons: Dragons really did not enjoy a previous 3 way with me, and there's a good chance he never wants to touch any minigame with me.

If both teams would make this specific swap, it's hard to say that knowing why they would inherently makes this one team more likely than the other. Swapping me/Dragons doesn't seem terrible, admittedly, and that would have been an option for Dragons/marcistar.
That's true.
Thanks for the food for thought.
I'll consider these swap scenarios.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:05 pm

Post by RH9 »

To be honest, I would like to hear more from Dwlee.

v/la every weekend

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:12 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 678, Faker wrote:It happened because I reined in the wild horses and prevented Lukewarm from rapidvoting Penguin who hadn't posted, only to have him rapid-vote Pooky instead.
oh so u pushed towards the scum wincon!!! lovely :roll:

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:17 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 680, Faker wrote:I think her discomfort in the engagements show a lot more.

I gave this time to let it become apparent: The nail in the coffin imo is the complete lack of care about being on the verge of defeat. Town has lost one minigame, and there's neither indignant fire or flailing despair. She's frozen but knows the game isn't over if she gets voted out, and that there exists a safety net of another partner in a scumsided game to pull the win out if she fails.
im notbuncomfortable with engaging with anybody, just havent had the need to engage when its just 90% of ur bs filling up the thread :oops:

stop framing things like i dont care, i care as much as the next person does. ive been busy with work, i havent been "frozen" but ur loving to jump to any conclusion thatll make me seem scummier

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:19 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 691, RH9 wrote:Meuh, who do you want eliminated the most from SGB?
Same goes for Faker and marci.
I want to see your reads because it could potentially impact my decision if we are to resolve SGB after MD.
dwlee

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:21 am

Post by marcistar »

i still think rh9 is thinking of things backwards,

clearly faker is just egging them on.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 671, marcistar wrote:i think dragons is trying to think thru as many possiblitieieieieieieis as he can so i think thats townie :>

dwlees absence from thread just really makes them super scummy tbhs
Me busy
Did sightseeing, eating, hiking, sleeping, and work
In post 673, marcistar wrote:maybe i tunneling on dwlee too much but i dont really have much reason to think otherwise,
i dont see anything wrong in rh9s plays rn, so im curious about dragons read there alot!! everything hes said as of recently is confusing me LOL
If I was scum why would I swap you out of my game?
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:31 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

It's likely that Dwlee had intentionally joined marci so that Town, not expecting two scum to engage in such a risky behaviour, would view this as unaligned. I also think that Pooky engineered his interactions with both so that when Sillyposting flipped (as is the norm), whoever the Town are in SGB would be convinced that Dwlee was Town.
I think that swapping marci was always the plan but when it came out that they needed to swap marci into MD, the scum decided to leave you with her, because I had already suggested my belief that marci and Dwlee was aligned and "possibly even scum together".
Only someone who hasn't played with scum Pooky would think he tells his teammates what to do or makes overarching plans
I prefer they, thanks :)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”