Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2975 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.1

FLAVOR
Situated in a small valley, an expanse of abnormal grass tucked away between barren hills, was the graveyard of Selah.

There were generations on generations of residents buried here, but it was far from full. There were no more than 300 headstones in the full plot. The size of the town and lack of any nearby development ensured it would be a long time before this place's hunger for death was sated.

The town had begun to bury many of the latest losses: LavarManos, Datisi, marcistar, a marker for the long-missing Lady Lambdadelta. One could easily piece together a few trends from this somber place: Some years of death seemed lacking entirely, while others seemed to be particularly prone to misery and despair. The 1800s brought years of disease, the 1900s years of war, but one year was ubiquitous, the number of deaths overwhelming.

2011. The year of the town's first rebellion against the Lamborghini Mafia. Take a look and count the names: MagnaofIllusion, silavor, SpyreX, Ban, Benmage, Hinduragi...

Once it seemed unfathomable that these names would be irrelevant, lost to time and to memory. The painful truth is that for many of the younger residents of Selah, it's unfathomable that these names ever mattered at all.

Would they share the same fate?

PlayerVotes
Dunnstral
(2)
gorilla (2885), Meuh (2886)
gorilla
(1)
Fey (2919)
Fey
(1)
Bell (2968)
Not Voting
(5)
fireisredsir, Dunnstral, Rhyme and Reason, Gammagooey, Kovu (2846)

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-28 16:45:00).

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu
gorilla

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Kovu »

Hello? Anyone there??
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Meuh »

Helloooooooooooooo
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Kovu »

Meuh, who are you thinking is town right now and why?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:35 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2978, Kovu wrote:Meuh, who are you thinking is town right now and why?
Well I think you're town and I'm willing to just accept the loss if you aren't.

Tbh I'd say my second biggest townread here is Gamma. I don't recall their interactions with Marci particularly looking S/S. Also, none of Gamma's content actually looks scummy to me, and they have a few moments I think look good. Things like insisting to not vote until everyone checks in, or asking for a massclaim.
It's small stuff but I like it.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Kovu »

Ok, so you TR me and gamma, and gamma is convinced I'm a wolf, so like, if your 2 top TRs have conflicting reads, why have you not really said anything? like, Gamma has BEEN vocal about me being the deepwolf, I'm 3rd bottom read for gamma... like, gamma seems pretty set I'm a wolf.. and you had nothing to say with our interaction?

Also, it took 20 minutes to say "I tr you and gamma" ?? hmmm...

Well, I don't have gamma as a TR, so like yeah.. largely due to how gamma is going at me like "there's probably a deepwolf so it's you!!" but not citing anything... then gamma didn't even respond to my last message..

So gamma is town for "not wanting to rush a vote" and "asking for massclaims" like.. if that's the bar, we should TR everyone else here too.. Like, a player like gamma, putting a bunch of thought into every post, and you're just like "not rushing vote makes them town" idk, I mean, I guess in a way this is helpful cause I TR gamma over you for sure right now, like, I hate all this generic talk... "interactions with maf looked fine" like, this is exactly why I'm SRing gamma. Generic statements not backed up by anything... like, want to give post numbers for where these good posts are? you know.. something to like actually convince me you believe in this tr?
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 279, Fey wrote:VOTE: Bell

Skimmed Lavar and Bell, Lavar feels... in his own little world sort of deal. Like the read on Dunnstral of all people as potentially shady feels out there in a world where scum!Lavar probably doesn't need to be right now. Is a weird place to fixate. Just seems like he's doing his own thing.

Bell feels on the fringes and like. I dunno. I have an expectation of something "more" as vague as it is, but he feels very shady with the things he's posting and also just like "eh, whatever" to questions, all that. A presence that doesn't really want to be around at all but knows he has to be, and like... throwing out whatever thoughts because he has to, given prior games where he spews out his thoughts and boom everyone reads him right.

@Someone, I think VP asked me about Marci and what she could/couldn't post, compare to like, Holiday Dance Party, where she was a lot more sheepish I feel. Here she's all attitude and bite and I feel that's more of a hallmark of her as town.
In post 1745, Fey wrote:
In post 1743, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1732, Dunnstral wrote:Dwlee can you now explain how what you post in relates to this game

So you've pointed out something in another game, but where does it come up in this game? The so-called derisive OMGUS, as it were.
In post 1733, Dunnstral wrote:Also I'm interested in what the tonal differences you mentioned in are
You are being more differential I think. Like posts like these feel very appeasy is the way I would put it, which is also what Noraa has described as being your scum game
What part of these are appeasing...?
In post 2074, Fey wrote:Anyways,

Still voting Dwlee, if that wagon's not a thing then RIP. I don't actually know how to read Dunn.

If Meuh flares up I'll go there. Sure. Why not.
In post 2316, Fey wrote:Shrug, I kind of like how Dunn is approaching things and get the vibe that Gamma’s showing up here to try and shove me out over Cakez rn.
Okay, I've calmed down.

Fey basically has been defending Dunn for most of the game without giving so much as a meaningful read on him. It's absolutely terrible, and the rationale in the last post quoted is absolute nothingg. Compared to the vigor with which she's attacked multiple towns it's jarring. Dunn has done fucking nothing all game and she's barely interested in invetigating him.

I think Fey and Dunn are joined at the hip, and her counter-pushing Gammagooey makes sense if he's the most accurate townie in the game. I think it's flatly absurd to scumread gammagooey over Dunnstral off content.

You give me a gun, I shoot those two in the head and clear Gamma if they're both scum. That turns the game into easy mode.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Meuh »

I was eating a popsicle :cry:
tbh I forgot about Gamma's read on you
Unsure if it's too out of left field to be scum or if they're that desperate to broaden the POE. Meh. I think scumreading you is bad, I'd have to reread Gamma's post for bad intentions because I don't think it's inherently scummy.

I don't remember other specific instances of towniness, tbh. I barely had a read on Gamma before day 3, I was just like "he's around enough and doesn't look scummy so I'm willing to accept he's town for now". In a 20 person game my mind has not had the space to read everyone, especially people making content that doesn't stick out to me. (Like Gamma. Val early on and Datisi too)

Idk Kovu I've technically read Gamma's longer posts but I don't remember much that got said in them. They just didn't stick to me, a lot of things just aren't sticking to me this game. So I'm commenting on what has. Maybe I should care more about truly absorbing the posts getting made but it doesn't really seem worthwhile at the moment.

Imo just pew pew pow Dunn, Gorilla and Fey ASAP and if the game isn't over we look at Fire and Gamma. That's about where I'm at. :?

It's less simple for you since you have no confirmation of my alignment, I guess. I wish I could just control where our kills went but alas.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:59 am

Post by gorilla »

Think the theories Meuh continues to push look more like agenda-ed nonsense given how they evolved but I'm heavily biased there. I mostly feel like sticking to my earlier townreads still.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:59 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2982, Meuh wrote:I was eating a popsicle :cry:
Unsure if it's too out of left field to be scum or if they're that desperate to broaden the POE. Meh. I think scumreading you is bad, I'd have to reread Gamma's post for bad intentions because I don't think it's inherently scummy.

I don't remember other specific instances of towniness, tbh. I barely had a read on Gamma before day 3, I was just like "he's around enough and doesn't look scummy so I'm willing to accept he's town for now". In a 20 person game my mind has not had the space to read everyone, especially people making content that doesn't stick out to me. (Like Gamma. Val early on and Datisi too)

Idk Kovu I've technically read Gamma's longer posts but I don't remember much that got said in them. They just didn't stick to me, a lot of things just aren't sticking to me this game. So I'm commenting on what has. Maybe I should care more about truly absorbing the posts getting made but it doesn't really seem worthwhile at the moment.

Imo just pew pew pow Dunn, Gorilla and Fey ASAP and if the game isn't over we look at Fire and Gamma. That's about where I'm at. :?

It's less simple for you since you have no confirmation of my alignment, I guess. I wish I could just control where our kills went but alas.
Literally never allow this to endgame. If you do it's a gamethrow.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Meuh »

(Last post is all @Kovu)

@Gorilla
Yeah, I guess Dunn/Fey/Fire is a reasonable solve. :cool: (I know it wasn't said but I'm a townie and in that theoretical Gamma and Gorilla also are) I don't think Gorilla's plan is bad here. I think with all 3 of them + Gorilla out of the game we just win either way. If we lose there it'd be like a Gamma/Dunn/Gorilla team or a Gamma/Fey/Gorilla team; which I guess is possible but I don't see as particularly likely.

Pedit: You can kill me before endgame if you kill the 4 I've just proposed. I don't care at this point
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Meuh »

Maybe I should be less apathetic so we progress more.

HEY GUYS LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LET'S WIN THIS GAME!!! WE LIKELY HAVE 5 KILLS AND 2 CONFIRMED TOWN, WE CAN DO THIS!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE HAVE TO DO IT!!! LET'S GO TEAM!!!! FINALLY KILL THE MAFIA!!
(as an aside the game flavour's been fun, thanks Prism!)
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:07 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2985, Meuh wrote:(Last post is all @Kovu)

@Gorilla
Yeah, I guess Dunn/Fey/Fire is a reasonable solve. :cool: (I know it wasn't said but I'm a townie and in that theoretical Gamma and Gorilla also are) I don't think Gorilla's plan is bad here. I think with all 3 of them + Gorilla out of the game we just win either way. If we lose there it'd be like a Gamma/Dunn/Gorilla team or a Gamma/Fey/Gorilla team; which I guess is possible but I don't see as particularly likely.

Pedit: You can kill me before endgame if you kill the 4 I've just proposed. I don't care at this point
fair enough yeah, I don't think kovu or gamma are likely to be scum at all
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 2982, Meuh wrote:I was eating a popsicle :cry:

> I'd have to reread Gamma's post for bad intentions because I don't think it's inherently scummy.
You were just telling me gamma's posts were towny? like, what posts are you reading? I'm talking about day 4 gamma posts.. like there was even just a list of reads where I was at the bottom, doesn't take much reading to see that.. and my interactions with gamma today have been "why am I automatically maf cause you think there's a deepwolf" Like, why do I out my fire hood at day 2 start as scum? no benefit to outing it.

>I barely had a read on Gamma before day 3, I was just like "he's around enough and doesn't look scummy so I'm willing to accept he's town for now"
This is literally just saying "you're town for coasting" like.. yeah, why do you think we can't recall ANYTHING from gamma until here where the lim actually matters? Like, just being around, but not standing out? that doesn't scream scum to you? scum is trying to blend in. especially with invictus, like, scum doesn't want to be standing out, think about marci. marci wasn't really standing out, was all buddy buddy with you, but was avoiding anything controversial, and once marci went "hot take, kovu maf" I tunneled her, and she died. like, scum sees that, and goes "ok... just gonna blend in" cause town is shooting low poe, or taking a hero shot.

See, I don't like the concept of "lim these 3 in any order, if wrong, just go here" like, at this point in the game we need actual reads, cause surely you know you're in the list of "just lim these people, if wrong go elsewhere" like, if we lim town, and invictus town here, we lose. game over. And people need to at least try here, and if you're not putting in an effort to find maf, you need to at least work on proving your towniness... and that goes for all town here, cause we have exactly a 0% chance of winning if town doesn't wanna try.

Kinda along those lines, @Dunn.. where are you and who do you TR?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2988, Kovu wrote:> I'd have to reread Gamma's post for bad intentions because I don't think it's inherently scummy.
You were just telling me gamma's posts were towny? like, what posts are you reading? I'm talking about day 4 gamma posts.. like there was even just a list of reads where I was at the bottom, doesn't take much reading to see that.. and my interactions with gamma today have been "why am I automatically maf cause you think there's a deepwolf" Like, why do I out my fire hood at day 2 start as scum? no benefit to outing it.
I was referring to Gamma's read on you. I don't think scumreading you is an inherently scummy thing. I think it's incorrect, yes, but not necessarily scummy.
I'm saying there's been moments of "oh, okay he's probably town" that I've had with Gamma, not that his posting overall has been townie. I'm kinda neutral on a lot of his posts iirc.

I don't think you're scum, I'm not arguing in favour of Gamma's logic. I think it's a bit silly to assume you're a deepwolf, but I also very much can see a townie get paranoid about one existing, and if so, you and Fire are the only candidates. Fire being a much more reasonable potential deepwolf, though. I think you've had too many moments that seemed very genuine to be scum, but I think your posting style of often switching up reads and votes, seemingly unprompted could be seem as scummy. (I'd assume a large part of this was because of hood discussion?) I've been called out for similar reasons in games before and I see the mindset behind it, and also know that it's very very often NAI or even town indicative. I'd even say it is for myself.

But I should probably properly take a look at Gamma's push against you. If his logic or tone is bad, then maybe he has ill-intentions here.
In post 2611, Gammagooey wrote:@Meuh - Dunn Fey and a deepwolf - probably one of fire/Kovu, and if I had to say this instant I'd say Kovu. I know that people will think that opinion is garbo but I really think that one scum has likely been putting a ton of effort into the game and set themselves up to actually live through the ridiculous number of Invictus shots this game has, because otherwise you're just asking to get gunned down halfway through the game by random Invictus shots.
Okay look at this, it's townie logic. The only scenario where I see Gamma push you as scum like this is if he's very desperate and also partnered with Fire. (Pushing you over Fire would be bad if you and Fire were town/town.) But those 2 things seem contradictory. A Gamma/Fire/anyone else team was - and imo still is - lined up for a win. So I just don't see scum!Gamma saying this.

I do see town!Gamma saying it though. Being scared, seeing the gamestate as worse for town than it realistically is, and having a scumread on someone who clearly isn't going to get limmed anytime soon seems like ridiculous scum play. Wouldn't the best angle for scum!Gamma to go with like, actually to just try to pocket you?

this is just so good. Like is it very likely wrong? Yes. Is it genuine and coming from someone trying to solve? Also yes. too. This is not a push being made by scum.
The read evolves naturally, doesn't benefit a scum agenda and Gamma's posts on the topic have good tone. I townread him more now tbh
In post 2988, Kovu wrote:>I barely had a read on Gamma before day 3, I was just like "he's around enough and doesn't look scummy so I'm willing to accept he's town for now"
This is literally just saying "you're town for coasting" like.. yeah, why do you think we can't recall ANYTHING from gamma until here where the lim actually matters? Like, just being around, but not standing out? that doesn't scream scum to you? scum is trying to blend in. especially with invictus, like, scum doesn't want to be standing out, think about marci. marci wasn't really standing out, was all buddy buddy with you, but was avoiding anything controversial, and once marci went "hot take, kovu maf" I tunneled her, and she died. like, scum sees that, and goes "ok... just gonna blend in" cause town is shooting low poe, or taking a hero shot.
Nonono, I'm not saying he's town for coasting. He didn't stick out to
me
, and me specifically. He played relatively visibly and actively, I think.
If I thought he was deliberately trying to fade in and not draw too much attention to himself I'd find it scummy, but that's not the impression I got. The idea of him fading in makes even less sense with Marci!scum, since why would he deliberately 1v1 with her if he was trying to stay in the background?
My point was that his posts specifically didn't stick to me, they specifically didn't really catch my eye or had me think about them much.
To note that the main other 2 people who I felt similarly about, Datisi and Val, were both town. It's a personal thing that explains my own read, I'm not saying Gamma was trying to fade in.
I think your point about how scum want to disappear and not draw much attention makes sense, especially considering the setup. I'm saying I don't think it really applies to Gamma. Though actually, looking at it now; his post count is strikingly low. His content to post ratio is significant, but still I thought he had made more. I guess not.
In post 2988, Kovu wrote:See, I don't like the concept of "lim these 3 in any order, if wrong, just go here" like, at this point in the game we need actual reads, cause surely you know you're in the list of "just lim these people, if wrong go elsewhere" like, if we lim town, and invictus town here, we lose. game over. And people need to at least try here, and if you're not putting in an effort to find maf, you need to at least work on proving your towniness... and that goes for all town here, cause we have exactly a 0% chance of winning if town doesn't wanna try.
This is fair, I've been pretty lazy. We're a group and me throwing out an order of action isn't productive. There's no reason for people to stick to it, and even if they do the mafia might have some PR in their back pocket just to obliterate us, which would suck and derail any plans. Plus you guys reading me accurately would be nice!
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Kovu »

ok so like, no one really wants to do much of anything... I'm good with voting Meuh here, I'll wait till RR isn't busy to actually vote, but it's like, we genuinely can get anything done... we have 9 alive and 3 of us talking here. I wanna say Fey is town, and wanna believe gorilla town. that leave Meuh/Dunn/gamma/fire, and the way gamma is trying to push me but not actually push has me thinking gamma maf. Dunn just doesn't want to participate in day 4? and meuh.. like, it doesn't take 30-60 minutes to respond to me here, like I was wanting a conversation. we haven't talked all game, surely you'd want to talk here, especially if I really am your #1 TR as you say I am?
And well, if fire is maf, that hood is freaking impressive, so it's like, is the team just meuh/dunn/gamma? and we're just sitting here.... like, I understand RR not being here, but like, Dunn if you're town, come on.. like, hello? I guess we're sitting here doing nothing for 48 more hours... for no one to change their mind/do anything... this is just sad/boring tbh, like PEOPLE!!! I was having fun!!! helloooooo

OH SNAP WE GOT A MEUH RESPONSE !!!! that's getting its own post
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Meuh »

I'm sorry that last phrase in my post read passive-aggressive, I genuinely meant it
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Meuh »

Despite me playing chat mafia plenty before, I have a bad habit on this site of taking way longer than I should on posts, I get sidetracked easily >_<
I'm good with engaging in more quickfire discussion, my post also took longer because I delved into Gamma's ISO to get a better assessment of his play.
Doubt I'm hitting the post cap either way.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Kovu »

> I was referring to Gamma's read on you. I don't think scumreading you is an inherently scummy thing. I think it's incorrect, yes, but not necessarily scummy.
* It's not scummy that gamma is calling me scum, yet not actually committing to the read? like, he's doing everything in his power to just avoid justifying me as scum using any reasoning other that "probably a deepwolf" like, what posts have I said that make him feel that way? He said our plan was for me to bus marci, yet I never jumped on the day 1 marci wagon, I called that out and he refuses to talk about that. I raised good points, and gamma has been responding to everyone else, yet ignoring me..

> I think it's a bit silly to assume you're a deepwolf, but I also very much can see a townie get paranoid about one existing, and if so, you and Fire are the only candidates.
* Just cause fire and I are neighbors that have been giving this game 100% effort, that makes one of us a deepwolf? like, my issue with the deepwolf "case" is that yall are just "one likely exists... yeah.. probably" like, COME UP WITH READS AND JUSTIFY THEM. cause it's really feeling like scum hasn't touched fire/I solely to cast doubt on both us being real.

>I think you've had too many moments that seemed very genuine to be scum, but I think your posting style of often switching up reads and votes, seemingly unprompted could be seem as scummy.
* This feels like you're reading a line that was given to you.. which vote switchup do you hate? I believe I gave reasons in the moment for all of them, like, again. I CAN'T STAND THE GENERIC STATEMENTS. If you're going to call me out for some generic thing.. PROVIDE THE PROOF TO BACKUP YOUR CLAIM.

> But I should probably properly take a look at Gamma's push against you. If his logic or tone is bad, then maybe he has ill-intentions here.
* I've only said ALL DAY about how it's bad... yeah... maybe it is worth looking into.

> Okay look at this, it's townie logic. The only scenario where I see Gamma push you as scum like this is if he's very desperate and also partnered with Fire. (Pushing you over Fire would be bad if you and Fire were town/town.) But those 2 things seem contradictory. A Gamma/Fire/anyone else team was - and imo still is - lined up for a win. So I just don't see scum!Gamma saying this.
* What town says this? like, are you TMI'ing Gamma town here? like, you "read" a gamma post, and now you're just declaring gamma as town, based on minimal thinking. like, hello?? we HAVE to lim scum here. and you're just "I don't see scum gamma saying this 1 line" like, that is a TERRIBLE read.. like, level 0 thought process... you're acknowledging deepwolf possible, that deepwolf couldn't be gamma? like, you seem VERY against a gamma lim/SR, almost with the level of confidence I had for Cakez... only the difference here is Gamma is NOT even close to as towny as cakez was.

> I do see town!Gamma saying it though. Being scared, seeing the gamestate as worse for town than it realistically is, and having a scumread on someone who clearly isn't going to get limmed anytime soon seems like ridiculous scum play. Wouldn't the best angle for scum!Gamma to go with like, actually to just try to pocket you?
* You're like convincing yourself you believe Gamma is town, but like, you don't believe it... and I genuinely can not see this being a read TOWN makes,
- having a scumread on someone who clearly isn't going to get limmed anytime soon seems like ridiculous scum play.
* That is EXACTLY what marci did... so "why would scum do the same thing twice" really isn't a solid argument.. again, gamma really isn't pushing me, just trying to cast enough doubt my way... Why would gamma try to pocket me? Fire has me pocketed, Fire has known every single one of my thoughts. Gamma came out with a SR on me basically right after I told fire I thought gamma was maf, so to me it looks like gamma knows he has 0 chance of pocketing me.. oh wait, you're not reading any of these posts, just saying stuff

ok, I have to go. but I swear.. this read.. Meuh is not living past today at this rate. I need to TR Dunn for some reads to make perfect sense, but not like dunn is trying, but Meuh's stance in regards to gamma here is like... actually bad... I.. aghh I have to run to the vet, but Meuh is so maf

*uhhh this is in response to that big post before my last post idk post number
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:50 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2993, Kovu wrote:> I think it's a bit silly to assume you're a deepwolf, but I also very much can see a townie get paranoid about one existing, and if so, you and Fire are the only candidates.
* Just cause fire and I are neighbors that have been giving this game 100% effort, that makes one of us a deepwolf? like, my issue with the deepwolf "case" is that yall are just "one likely exists... yeah.. probably" like, COME UP WITH READS AND JUSTIFY THEM. cause it's really feeling like scum hasn't touched fire/I solely to cast doubt on both us being real.
The reason I'm saying you or Fire has to be the deepwolf (if there are any, which Gamma seems to think) is that no one else even meets the towncred criteria to be one.
Bell and R&R are confirmed.
Cakez, Fey, Dunn, Enchant and I clearly weren't/aren't townread enough to be deepwolf.
Gorilla, Val and Gamma were more trusted, but still had significant doubt cast against them.
You and Fire are the only ones that actually fit the criteria of what a deepwolf is.
I think you've asked later why I don't think Gamma can be a deepwolf and I mean the answer is that he literally can't be a deepwolf. His name has been thrown around as potential scum way too much to be one.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2993, Kovu wrote:>I think you've had too many moments that seemed very genuine to be scum, but I think your posting style of often switching up reads and votes, seemingly unprompted could be seem as scummy.
* This feels like you're reading a line that was given to you.. which vote switchup do you hate? I believe I gave reasons in the moment for all of them, like, again. I CAN'T STAND THE GENERIC STATEMENTS. If you're going to call me out for some generic thing.. PROVIDE THE PROOF TO BACKUP YOUR CLAIM.
Kovu here it just feels like you're going with the worse possible interpretation of what I'm saying. :?
I DON'T THINK YOU'RE SCUM. I DON'T THINK YOU SWITCHING YOUR VOTES AROUND OR CHANGING YOUR MIND A LOT IS SCUMMY.
I even said in that very post it's something I do myself and that I find to be town-indicative a good bit of the time.
You switching up your mind a lot isn't something I remember specific examples of? This is a general assessment of the way you've played this game. It feels like sudden turns in some directions at times, and I think Gamma himself said something to that effect when pushing against you. It's a surface level scummy thing that a lot of people give weight to. I don't think it's unrealistic for Gamma to think that way.

From what I recall you've been vehemently against any doubt cast against you this game and I'd like you to please take a step back and consider that we don't all have the same outlook on the game, not the same instincts when scum hunting, and townies are very often wrong.

What I'm saying is that throughout my games, I've seen plenty of townies have similar thought processes to Gamma here, I'd even go as far as to say that the reasoning Gamma has for his read on you is town-indicative on him. It feels natural, he doesn't read agenda based and his tone is nice.
I also like that he seems to be coming into it with the mentality of town doing poorly.
As I've already said earlier this game, I think townies think of the game as more scum-sided than it really is, and scum see it as more town-sided as it really is.

For Gamma's read, it seems to be intertwined with the idea that town aren't doing well and that we're losing. It's coming from the perspective of someone legitimately anxious about if we will be able to catch all scum.
That's why I like it.
Gamma's push on you doesn't feel faked. There's progression on it, there's genuine townie reasoning leaking through, it doesn't benefit a scum agenda nor does it read like it's based on one.
It just feels right for Gamma to say.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2993, Kovu wrote:> Okay look at this, it's townie logic. The only scenario where I see Gamma push you as scum like this is if he's very desperate and also partnered with Fire. (Pushing you over Fire would be bad if you and Fire were town/town.) But those 2 things seem contradictory. A Gamma/Fire/anyone else team was - and imo still is - lined up for a win. So I just don't see scum!Gamma saying this.
* What town says this? like, are you TMI'ing Gamma town here? like, you "read" a gamma post, and now you're just declaring gamma as town, based on minimal thinking. like, hello?? we HAVE to lim scum here. and you're just "I don't see scum gamma saying this 1 line" like, that is a TERRIBLE read.. like, level 0 thought process... you're acknowledging deepwolf possible, that deepwolf couldn't be gamma? like, you seem VERY against a gamma lim/SR, almost with the level of confidence I had for Cakez... only the difference here is Gamma is NOT even close to as towny as cakez was.
This is how I operate. Single posts can sway me. That one post from Gamma was a meeting point of many things I think are town indicative. It's a package of many things I look for when town hunting.
Also am I TMing Gamma as town or am I partnered with him? Did your read on the scumteam change or was that just a passing thought? Do you think the way I'm defending Gamma here is partner indicative?
I've already stated why in my previous post, but yeah, there's a lot to like from Gamma there.
I looked at several of his posts that all felt very good, and I put into words why they do.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2993, Kovu wrote:> I do see town!Gamma saying it though. Being scared, seeing the gamestate as worse for town than it realistically is, and having a scumread on someone who clearly isn't going to get limmed anytime soon seems like ridiculous scum play. Wouldn't the best angle for scum!Gamma to go with like, actually to just try to pocket you?
* You're like convincing yourself you believe Gamma is town, but like, you don't believe it... and I genuinely can not see this being a read TOWN makes,
- having a scumread on someone who clearly isn't going to get limmed anytime soon seems like ridiculous scum play.
* That is EXACTLY what marci did... so "why would scum do the same thing twice" really isn't a solid argument.. again, gamma really isn't pushing me, just trying to cast enough doubt my way... Why would gamma try to pocket me? Fire has me pocketed, Fire has known every single one of my thoughts. Gamma came out with a SR on me basically right after I told fire I thought gamma was maf, so to me it looks like gamma knows he has 0 chance of pocketing me.. oh wait, you're not reading any of these posts, just saying stuff
:cry:
I BELIEVE IT. GAMMA IS VERY LIKELY A TOWNIE. It was a weak townread at first when I mentioned it earlier, but small things are enough to sway me when I honestly just do not have very strong opinions on several players. Then I looked for the read on you in his ISO and every post involved with it was really good. You can criticize my gameplay for this but it's natural, it's how I flow.

I'VE READ EVERY SINGLE POST IN THIS GAME. Have I forgotten a lot of what has been said? Absolutely. But I'm recalling what I remember, and it's disheartening to actually look into Gamma's ISO and get new significant feelings about someone's alignment and for you to respond to it this way.
It's not particularly enjoyable and if you wanna complain about the people not putting in effort, why me when I'm actually trying to work with you to help you gauge my alignment and the game at large better? This is also why I lost motivation after the response to my Gorilla/Marci read. Maybe I'm too sensitive, whatever. It's frustrating. The second something finally clicks for me it's immediately shut down and it's just not enjoyable.

Like I think you have good intentions but it doesn't feel like it rn. It feels like you're interpreting what I have to say in the worse possible way and not even considering my thoughts. Yes you have put more work into this game, yes you probably understand it better than I do. This doesn't render my ideas meaningless though, and I wish you saw that. You're the one who asked me to prove my towniness in the first place, and I want to do it; but it's impossible if you aren't open-minded here.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:35 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im tired

i kinda just wanted to sheep the conftown here but they're not even really playing the game so

town leader kovu? she found marci scum when most people had forgotten she existed

idk

ive been looking at vote movements over d1 and d2 and nothing is really changing my mind about the likelihood of a meuh/fey/gamma team so far. the way fey and meuh handled marci both look pretty paired to me, and it combines well with gamma who was sort of tunneling on marci (luke, are you still reading this? this is for you. maf can be tunneling) and probably if that's the team he would be looking to go the distance

i think in general meuh has, like, all game hopped onto reads after other people make them even when it doesn't really make sense given her read on the person, and it's really scummy, actually. it's like a very consistent pattern that she does this. she did it with lavar. she did it with enchant. she did it with gorilla about me. she consistently shifts her reads and interactions to treat whoever she's talking to as more towny regardless of if that makes sense with her reads and progressions.

actually i don't really think her progression on me makes sense at all, i didn't feel like her responses to my push on her earlier ever really questioned my motivations or alignment. it didn't feel like she was trying to sort me back, which would make sense if she was actually starting to feel paranoia about me like she claims she was.

i just think that her backing out of the 1v1 with gorilla and pivoting into sheeping him on dunn and me is hard to see coming from a town mindset. she leaves that engagement with a dunn/fey/fire read in . but then once fey is back in thread, she's following her on some weird point about my tone, and goes back to a gorilla/fire/dunn read in . and then is suddenly back in the mindset of thinking gorilla is scum. then she wants dunn/gorilla/fey dead in . but then when gorilla shows up again, she says that a dunn/fey/fire team is a decent solve in . it's just all slimy and political and all she seems to care about is being on the side of whoever is currently in the thread that she's talking to. it's classic chat maf scum play, thriving in the real time engagements and the social game and leaning on them heavily but lacking a consistent town mindset when you step back and look at the bigger picture
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:43 am

Post by Bell »

Here. Give me a minute to talk it over with the pair in the PT.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”