Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Isis »

Aristeia town
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by skitter30 »

coral assorted observations (tm):

- she came into the game scumreading pav, and townreading meuh. i think that this does throw some water on my coral/meuh theory: if coral is scum, she set up good pav associatives from fairly early on, but treated the meuh slot completely differently. i'ts possible that scum-her felt like she needed to hedge her bets against partner-pav flipping, and felt partner-meuh was in a better position so didn't need to set up such associatives, but i feel like the sort of player who sets up pav-associatives would also make sure to set up somethinig to fall back on for meuh, and at least thus far (~2009) i'm not seeing it

-
In post 2042, Coral wrote:skitter feels like she is looking one step ahead, to have scumreads ready for the future once the scummiest scum have escaped. It kinda feels like she's getting ready to say "oops!" after the scummiest scum escapes.
(i still think this is silly esp in light of voting out scum ...)

- honestly the more i'm reading i'm feeling more like coral just has a very different pov of the game than me. not sure that makes her scum tho ig

- - i'm actually finding this set of heals p interesting: 3/3 ended up on the confirmed list. if you actually look back at the total heal vc (), gl and meuh are the only other person who got 2 conftown, and most people only got one. i'm kinda wondering if there's a correlation between this list and who ended up conftown: scum thought these people were ridiculously townie and were unflippable and thus conftowned them, and when asked to share townreads, taht's who they picked.
i'm still kinda baffled by coral being relatively widely townread yestrday and having such good reads that natural fit with the townblock, and then not being in the townblock. i don't know how to reconcile that. also she didn't put in isis but seems to be townreading her?

- i don't really see a point in rehashing my earlier arguments with her

- i'm also baffled how she's townreading meuh for hopping off of pav (as early as ) - this is just like not how mafia works in my universe

- also despite scumreading pav p hard all ady yesterday, she never ended up on wagon ... (there's a few posts, like, that indicate that she hadn't thought of the hammer + escape thing, if anybody is going to ask why scum-her didn't hammer)
(there's actually an unusual number of posts focusing on the hammer + escape thing, which i don't think many other people have particularly focused on - i think this is lowkey scummy because scum by nature care more about the implciations of said strategy and would be viewing the game through that lens)

- (also i'm honestly lost how people *off* the scum wagon can in full honesty say that me being *on* the scum wagon is scummy. it just doesn't compute as a real argument that makes sense to me. both of them scumread pav and were literally *off* the wagon flipping him. like ??? )

ok i'm coming out of this feeling more sus of her before, esp. since she scumread pav the whole game but didn't vote him and also because of her heal list and unusual emphasis on the escape + hammer thing
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by Aristeia »

tbf coral did have intent to hammer at and and I told her to wait a bit to let Faker fully catch up and you were on VLA at the time.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ok, that is fair and i missed that in my skim
i do think that is p late to get on the wagon tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 3551, skitter30 wrote:ok i'm coming out of this feeling more sus of her before
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Coral »

I've had a busy day but I saw this and would like to respond, partly because some of it annoyed me (not in a you're-being-unpleasant way, just in a i-think-you're-scum way). There's a couple other things I want to talk about but that will have to come later.
In post 3551, skitter30 wrote:- honestly the more i'm reading i'm feeling more like coral just has a very different pov of the game than me. not sure that makes her scum tho ig
I think this is true. I talked about this on d1 in post . At the time I thought that you were pocketing Meuh. That's obviously changed, but still, I think we have been seeing the game from very different angles. I do think that's often likely to be meaningful in some way and I understand why you'd be suspicious of it, since I was as well.

Honestly, actually, looking back at my thought process here, I'm having a slight moment of worry that Meuh has realigned herself intentionally and I did have it backwards. I'll shelve that idea for now and look at it later.
i'm actually finding this set of heals p interesting: 3/3 ended up on the confirmed list. if you actually look back at the total heal vc (2581), gl and meuh are the only other person who got 2 conftown, and most people only got one. i'm kinda wondering if there's a correlation between this list and who ended up conftown: scum thought these people were ridiculously townie and were unflippable and thus conftowned them, and when asked to share townreads, taht's who they picked.
I'm guessing they got picked for the block because they were the strongest pushers of Pav, not because they were ridiculously townie outside of that. I don't really know what to say here. They're people that I townread. Why would I as a partner to Pav heal people who are pushing him hardest? I still had doubts about Isis at the time, if I remember right. I don't think I was exactly to the point of townreading her, and I was mildly concerned that her approach towards me could be a pocket attempt.
i'm also baffled how she's townreading meuh for hopping off of pav (as early as 2549) - this is just like not how mafia works in my universe
Your link is wrong, so I'm not sure what post you mean. I think it's , but that's before Pav flipped, so I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be preflip scumreading her for it. But regardless, this is pretty insidious, actually. You say that you scumread Meuh for hopping off Pav. You ask me what I think of it. I respond, saying that in a world where scum don't think Pav is going through, they don't gain much for hopping off him, and that I believe it's reasonable to think scum thought that. You then take that answer and use it to say that my entire townread on Meuh is based on it. So let me be clear. My townread on Meuh isn't at all based on that. I was challenging your scumread on that point because I don't think the pieces quite fit. But my actual read on Meuh is based on other factors. A lot of it actually comes down to me thinking you're scum and unpaired with her. The rest I think you probably already know about because you just read through my ISO, so...
- (also i'm honestly lost how people *off* the scum wagon can in full honesty say that me being *on* the scum wagon is scummy. it just doesn't compute as a real argument that makes sense to me. both of them scumread pav and were literally *off* the wagon flipping him. like ??? )

This, again, I'm just... to borrow a phrase, like ???

Where did I say that you being on the wagon is scummy? I said that I think it's believable that you would be on the wagon as scum. I considered possible plans and possible worlds and possible rationales you might have and weighed them up to see if they made sense. I did not ever say that you being on the wagon made you more likely to be scum.

Both of these last two points I have a hard time thinking they're made in good faith because we already had this discussion. You already know this. I don't know why it would be hard for you to understand. It feels like you are intentionally misrepresenting here.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by Faker »

I think the 25 page chunks I've tackled have been a good balance of doable without zoning out/losing a ton of depth. That said I know time is ticking so we'll see, hoping it speeds up when the pages turn half into me spamming worthless trash 10 posts at a time.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 3554, Faker wrote:
In post 3551, skitter30 wrote:ok i'm coming out of this feeling more sus of her before
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Ahhhhhhhh i read that post and changed my mind, i'm leaning towards not-scum now

I'm going back and forth on this one a bit >.>

And i think if i'm actually being honest i might be subconsciously lumping u in with meuh because i'm annoyed i'm getting scumread, which isnt right or helpful

I need to take a step back and think abt this some more
Show
Hiatus once more.

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by Isis »

I have a date this weekend!
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by Isis »

I added a pavowskiless version of my selfie to my dating app to show my royalty apparently that worked
"Well, I..."
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3559, Isis wrote:I have a date this weekend!
this is so exciting yay!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by Isis »

boba
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by Isis »

Idt the aggregate townieness of the other slots is so high that PoEing Cakez feels good but if Cakez escapes like do we really reread the game and solve
"Well, I..."
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by Aristeia »

boba tea?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by Isis »

Yes
"Well, I..."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Faker »

all of you filth are out here being social, making friends, making plans, enjoying the fruits of modernity

not me. i choose a different path. i live with my southern yellowjackets, my flip phone, survive by eating dirt straight out of a bucket. fellow humans are necessary only for playing mafia games, at least until the yellowjackets figure out how to coalesce into a keyboard-operating superbrain

you people SICKEN ME
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Hi Tea looks pretty nice
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Post by Faker »

you are necessary for my hobby but ONE DAY these yellowjackets will be better mafia players than any of you THE DAY WILL COME
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I think fruit tea with cream foam is delicious and really nice in the summer.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm a big fan of roasted oolong but can never go wrong with thai milk thea or taro
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by Coral »

Hokkaido milk tea is my favorite!! :)
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I miss Hokkaido. it is such a pretty island.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Skimmed since my last post and will try to do some real playing tomorrow am

I don't think it's safe to assume Faker town though honestly that's largely a legacy scumread on Gamma. Some of her play feels a little agenda driven but need to actually really digest her ISO before I can feel good about assessing it.

I get bad vibes from that skitter case on Coral, parts of it felt reachy, Corals reply covers a lot of my same feelings. And I think anyone advocating for scum!Coral needs to also explain why scum!tw behaves like he did, the argument with Ari doesn't feel like something that would have riled him up so much if he had a red role pm.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:39 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I guess if you really need to make a case for why duckie gets that upset at me, it would be that he thought I said to him that he didn't deserve to flip me because he wasn't posting enough and that somehow triggered him despite him knowing I am town and he is mafia? Like maybe he felt I was being unreasonably entitled in the way I was defending myself.

I really don't want to think he would get that upset as mafia though :<

Return to “Completed Open Games”