Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1921, Elsa Jay wrote:I mean I got a new spicy theory for scum Crescent if you wanna hear it Eira. I know it's getting old there but whatever.

Though if the Crescent Mastermind theory isn't worth pursuing it's something along the lines of either Vivax today. Or NotMaf has to go since if we're wrong again we're in MyLo and unable to just Launch NotMaf day 4.
Oh lord there's multiple good cases to call me scum now the way I've played. Hell, just tell me what the case is. I respect good cases! I could make a good scumcase on myself~

And Vivax still has somehow never made a good one.

I actually think being injured and still trapped at home has
really
messed me up.

At least the Gibus claim isn't on me. I was against that one!

...Well unless Gibus turns out to be scum and you can argue I told him to make a bizarre claim. Gibus is scum CONFIRMED.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Eiralox »

could be ELsa/Gera
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Crescent »

Alex, Gibus, and I were the only 3 people on both votes that killed someone... And I was the vote after Alex both times. Yep that doesn't look good either.

And Alex was one of the most townread and influential players in the game so yep I'd still have thought about shooting him if I were scum last night even if it made me look bad.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:52 pm

Post by Eiralox »

i mean scum eiether lucked out or knew bout vig. seems to be proof of scum rb from pr claims.. so idk
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1926, Eiralox wrote:could be ELsa/Gera
The problem is there's a good argument for calling almost every player in the game scum right now.

It's hard to parse it all.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by Eiralox »

well some pairings at least make more sense than others, i've only done a simple votecount thus far. real analysis still forthcoming, for now i want vivax to enlighten us on crescent, geraintm, corwin. if there's scum there, how and why
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1928, Eiralox wrote:i mean scum eiether lucked out or knew bout vig. seems to be proof of scum rb from pr claims.. so idk
Alex was among the best possible kills last night regardless of his flip. Maybe they scanned him night 1, maybe not. He was influential and heavily townread.

Good scum don't fear power roles. They fear power players.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

I was scum reading BBT for the wrong reasons, shit happens. It's unfortunate because I like playing with him too... his lack of self-preservation didn't really help though.

Today's our biggest gain in scum equity on NM, we need to make a decision on what to do with that slot now.
In post 1520, Crescent wrote: NM is tomorrow's policy elim if he doesn't get shot tonight, I think. I don't think it should go the full 7 days, either. Just policy him out after like, two days, so the game doesn't stagnate waiting to kill him.

Honestly though, this post super gives me vibes to how I saw George as the "compromise" yesterday since Corwin didn't seem to have the oomph required and it was obvious George, who also had scum equity, did. I can see the same thought process in your distinction of BBT and Elsa in this post.
This post alone has a shit ton of scum equity. Never telegraph what your team's actions next day are. If town wasn't so hell bent on cannibalizing itself you probably could have been lynched on this alone. This is pretty much the same as telling someone you're going to fold if they bet when playing poker.

I really need to stop compromising on launches.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1932, Corwinoid wrote:I was scum reading BBT for the wrong reasons, shit happens. It's unfortunate because I like playing with him too... his lack of self-preservation didn't really help though.

Today's our biggest gain in scum equity on NM, we need to make a decision on what to do with that slot now.
In post 1520, Crescent wrote: NM is tomorrow's policy elim if he doesn't get shot tonight, I think. I don't think it should go the full 7 days, either. Just policy him out after like, two days, so the game doesn't stagnate waiting to kill him.

Honestly though, this post super gives me vibes to how I saw George as the "compromise" yesterday since Corwin didn't seem to have the oomph required and it was obvious George, who also had scum equity, did. I can see the same thought process in your distinction of BBT and Elsa in this post.
This post alone has a shit ton of scum equity. Never telegraph what your team's actions next day are. If town wasn't so hell bent on cannibalizing itself you probably could have been lynched on this alone. This is pretty much the same as telling someone you're going to fold if they bet when playing poker.

I really need to stop compromising on launches.
I still think it's probably what we should do today, so....
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by Crescent »

The people who are acting like NM ever has a shot of being nightkilled regardless of his alignment absolutely blow my mind by the way.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by Crescent »

Well, aside from you know, being vigged.

But vig is dead, so...
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh and if we're killing NM we don't go the full 7 days. That would be an abject disaster that would completely stagnate the game to a halt regardless of his flip. Even in games with 48 hour days, you don't go the full length because it really messes the game up.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1930, Eiralox wrote:well some pairings at least make more sense than others, i've only done a simple votecount thus far. real analysis still forthcoming, for now i want vivax to enlighten us on crescent, geraintm, corwin. if there's scum there, how and why
There are some scumteams we can probably cross off, true.

Like Vivax/Like half the game make no sense as scum together.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Eiralox »

@gibus i see no reason for u to be silent after a pr claim. vivax asked what ur doin' i wanna know 2
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1904, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1894, geraintm wrote:Hello all, popping in quickly to see what has happened :(

Is anyone else missing....besides not mafia?
Well Crescent hasn't showed up yet. And Corwin hasn't started yelling yet. And NotMaf isn't doing anything yet. So.

Missing quite a lot of people.
We got our Corwin yelling too!

ALL IS AS IT SHOULD BE
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Yeah, but have you done the work to understand why beyond knowing low info players are bad for town? The conclusion is right, but it's like you're twisting or ignoring all of the actual reasons for it, and using them to handcuff the rest of us into a particular day action today. 1520 is basically "HEY, SCUM TEAM!!! You don't have to respect the possibility of that slot being a PR because I'll make sure town launches him tomorrow instead of sorting him with a NA."

Basically, yeah, today would have been our best day for it, but you fucking crippled us by telegraphing it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1938, Eiralox wrote:@gibus i see no reason for u to be silent after a pr claim. vivax asked what ur doin' i wanna know 2
Better question why is Gibus on Vivax to begin with
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Sorting hat wants to sort him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1940, Corwinoid wrote:Yeah, but have you done the work to understand why beyond knowing low info players are bad for town? The conclusion is right, but it's like you're twisting or ignoring all of the actual reasons for it, and using them to handcuff the rest of us into a particular day action today. 1520 is basically "HEY, SCUM TEAM!!! You don't have to respect the possibility of that slot being a PR because I'll make sure town launches him tomorrow instead of sorting him with a NA."

Basically, yeah, today would have been our best day for it, but you fucking crippled us by telegraphing it.
Irrelevant. There was a 0% chance scum was ever nightkilling that spot.

I know you hate my guts, but please pick fights that actually matter. After this game, I'll make sure to never share a game with you again.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh wow that Gibus Vivax vote was the first post of the entire day and essentially the only thing he's even done today.

...Nice.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh also I'm taking the rest of the night off because Corwin once again being an insufferable prick because he hates me is making me kinda mad and I'm just not dealing with it this game anymore. I'm not letting him drag me down to his level again.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1924, Eiralox wrote:
In post 1921, Elsa Jay wrote:I mean I got a new spicy theory for scum Crescent if you wanna hear it Eira. I know it's getting old there but whatever.

Though if the Crescent Mastermind theory isn't worth pursuing it's something along the lines of either Vivax today. Or NotMaf has to go since if we're wrong again we're in MyLo and unable to just Launch NotMaf day 4.
always up for theories elsa : P

what about gibus? u trust the claim at this point? Is gera on the table? Corwin conf town 2 u?
Actually the theory involves both Cres AND Gibus here honestly.

Let's be honest with ourselves. Do we really think there's 2 Protectives left, especially since the JOAT also had a 1-shot protective as well as a commuter? No. So while I want today to also focus on the other slots so we can find the partner, Gibus is probscum.

Let's start with Combined Doctor Checker as the first claim. Then in my first post after this I claimed [Redacted]-Enabler Bodyguard.

So while I mentioned it today, I also hinted earlier after Crescent ruthlessly tried to argue my [Redacted] was a scum claim because it implied a fifth PR. The mistake there was not assuming it was for any of the other claimed roles at the time. Slight shading there maybe? Not as important.

Then I get too confident and basically out what I really was with my hypothetical post mentioning scum Roleblocker. Didn't mean to basically spell it out there but oh well. So it's also why I believed at the time there was a Doctor Checker because it specifically also mentioned a Roleblocker counter ability while mine was an enabler.

But is it really surprising SCUM knows about a Roleblocker? And a Doctor who "heals" Crescent as the possible partner to basically garuntee they just never actually heal to prove it? Hell while I did crumb I was healing Crescent all signs pointed to Gibus wanting to heal Eira. His direct quote was "Eira Cres Alex, preferably Eira". It felt more weird to heal the same person twice in a row when as doc you'd rather try healing the Vigilante. Unless Gibus has mentioned anything about thinking Cres was Vig I don't think healing Cres is the town move there.

That and compared to Bodyguard who still gives scum a kill via my death to save someone, Doctor would prevent a kill entirely. If it wasn't a JOAT with two forms of protection available you could've argued Doctor was valid but it makes way more sense for it to be Bodyguard.

Here's the Flipped PRs

Non-consecutive Vigilante
Detective
JOAT (Follower Commuter Rolestopper Rolecop)

Does town seem better with a Doctor who appearantly KNOWS when they get Roleblocked, or a Bodyguard who's trying to die to disable a scum Roleblocker they enable? Town enabling Scum abilities is as common as well as town ones so I wasn't sure at the time but this confirms it to me.

I think Gibus is actually the Roleblocker claiming to be a doctor to have avoided getting launched and/or to get the actual PR to out themselves. But I think because I mentioned possibly being Roleblocker enabler they just probably Roleblocked me to prevent me from dying to keep their ability AND to keep cover. Particularly after the JOAT flip. Plus they'd still want to hunt the Vigilante too.

But with literally all the Other PRs dead I've outlived my usefulness so I'm dying tonight if we get Gibus, or if we didn't focus on us we would've been the two fighting in MyLo. Hence me stating it now Gibus is probably the evil one.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1943, Crescent wrote:I know you hate my guts
Do I now? What makes you think I wouldn't want to play with you again? "Hate" is a pretty strong word, and it feels like you're using it here to get a particular reaction.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1945, Crescent wrote:Oh also I'm taking the rest of the night off because Corwin once again being an insufferable prick because he hates me is making me kinda mad and I'm just not dealing with it this game anymore. I'm not letting him drag me down to his level again.
Dangit don't leave just when I get my long theory post out. I was typing that for like 15-20 minutes on my phone. Come Baaaacccckkkk.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1945, Crescent wrote:Oh also I'm taking the rest of the night off because Corwin once again being an insufferable prick because he hates me is making me kinda mad and I'm just not dealing with it this game anymore. I'm not letting him drag me down to his level again.
So now I'm pressing you on things you've actually done and not just disliking the way you post, your defense is "Corwin hates you, and I'm going to hide from this because he's a 'prick'?"

VOTE: Crescent Okay.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”