fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:33 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3448, Menalque wrote:This game should probably be filed under “looking for associatives with good scum players is a bad idea”
we spent so long working on trying to make it so meuh was the most likely gamma partner and that i was paired with fey so that after meuh flips fey would be a more likely shot than gamma

ignoring the associatives and just shooting gamma amyway even after the meuh flip killed that plan, so props for that
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Bell »

Thank you for the game Prism.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Prism »

I have a small set of awards I'd like to give out for this game!

First, we have the award for "Best Losing Performance". This one was honestly really tough; there's no clear town player who played better than the rest. Virtually every player had at least one mafia but struggled to get more than two or three. That said, I think this player was the key in storming back from the brink:

Spoiler: Best Losing Performance
Bell!

IMO, Bell was the key to town storming back near the end. He made the smart choice to defer to gorilla on Dunn, and had a strong scumread on Gammagooey that Rhyme followed in turn. Gamma's strategic positioning all game was frankly
awesome
, completely convinced gorilla that he should be untouchable, and I fully expected Gamma to be the last scum standing, so seeing him shot by Rhyme was a real surprise. Bell was meandering and middling as a clear early but I think he had his moment of vindication, taking gorilla's best suggestion while being vindicated at gorilla's expense in other ways. His Day 1 was also rough, but avoiding a full-claim was the key to dodging the scum RB that would have doomed him.

Next, we have the "Most Enjoyable Player to Watch" award. This isn't necessarily connected to how well someone played, and I enjoyed watching most of you. That said, this person stood out above the crowd to me and I enjoyed every second of f5ing to a new post of theirs:

Spoiler: Most Enjoyable Player to Watch
Kovu!

I loved Kovu this game and I will defend her with my life. She is completely insane (???? 1500 posts in a neighborhood HELP) but I will defend her with my life. I'd tab in and she'd be 4/4. I'd come back 5 minutes later and she was 1/4. I'd tab in and fireisredsir was definitely scum and it was time to 1v1 powertunnel. I'd f5 the next minute and fireisredsir is obviously town. She was passionate, she was energetic, she was indecisive, she was extremely sharp, she was extremely forgetful. Kovu was beautiful. I can't count how many posts I linked to fferyllt accompanied by a simple "???? what the fuck" or by "how on earth or her reads so good right now?", often minutes apart. Look, there were times when if I were a player I might have malded (Ex. The fakeclear on Cakez, the readflips and the sheer amount of times someone was definitely scum or definitely town). I wasn't a player, I don't care. Kovu #1. I will die for her.

It was always a matter of roulette where her reads would land at the end of the day, and it made for a 10/10 spectator sport.

The next award goes to my favorite moment of the game, the one that had me jumping up and down with glee and enjoying every second of watching it go through every twist and turn before finally unfolding into the most beautiful outcome imaginable.

Spoiler: Favorite Moment of the Game
Lukewarm/VP Baltar shooting each other like total dorks!

I hate gambits. Truly, I do. That said, Luke's idea of controlling a second vig shot honestly wasn't a bad idea. I expected something like this, though, and made sure mafia had ways to punish it in the form of the roleblocker. Luke claimed something the scum knew couldn't exist, finally got it fished out that it was a form of vig shot, Luke keeps trying to be greedy and get more from it instead of being direct, mafia now can work out he's a vig...but it doesn't happen. He's about to be rewarded, and I'm irrationally salty because god do I hate gambits. He's going to shoot Dunnstral and get rewarded.

Instead he shoots VP Baltar, who in turn shoots him because Luke's claim is plausibly scum while a straightforward vig wouldn't have been. The cherry on top was that Enchant
wanted
to chain a vig/invictus shot in this way, was jumping up and down ready to volunteer, and got told no.

I'm not actually trying to be mean. You shoot, you're wrong. You try a gambit and it doesn't work. It happens: to them, to me, to everyone, and it's not a reflection of how good both of these players are. That said, is this a bit of schadenfreude on my end? Maybe. Was it beautiful to watch those two nerds shoot each other as a result of Luke refusing to give up the ghost on the gambit? Absolutely.

Finally, we have the MVP award! Obviously this will go to someone on the scumteam, but who? Someone mentioned earlier that this was a real team effort, and I'd agree. fireisredsir obviously clutched out the W, Gammagooey was responsible for much of the strategic positioning and seemed fit to endgame before Bell and Rhyme called their shot, and Dunnstral dodged a near-miraculous number of invictus targets and the E-1 wagon. marcistar, while the weakest link, still made it to Day 2 and played an important part in her interactions. So who's the winner?

Spoiler: Most Valuable Player
fireisredsir!

Okay, they might have been the obvious choice after all, but what a performance. They started out the game strongarming towntells while keeping frankly underrated strategic angles in their interactions and how they pushed slots, and as a result went as a near-universal townread all the way up to Day 4. The only reason they ever got doubted at all is because they made the (IMO correct) decision to be less crisp in interactions and to YOLO it more for the sake of setting their team up to go further, which bought everyone a few more days. Finally, when it looked like it might backfire with the unexpected Gammagooey shot, they still managed to clutch out the three way and convince Kovu to hammer Fey instead despite the neighbor speculation.

And how did they convince Kovu? 112 pages and 1000+ posts in a neighborhood, many packed with solving attempts, player thoughts, and fake tone. This was all in addition to the extensive posting he had in the main thread. I think all of the scumteam was underrated, but at the end of the day fireisredsir takes it.

Congratulations to the winners of these moderator mini-awards, and thanks all for playing! Know that I enjoyed everyone this game regardless of whether or not it is reflected in the above.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Prism »

Also, as the winner of the "Guess the length of the Kovu/fireisredsir PT!" minigame, Lukewarm with the help of marcistar has given me a wonderful new icon for the next 72 hours.

For posterity:

Horrible. I love it!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3453, Prism wrote:Also, as the winner of the "Guess the length of the Kovu/fireisredsir PT!" minigame, Lukewarm with the help of marcistar has given me a wonderful new icon for the next 72 hours.

For posterity:

Horrible. I love it!
He is wearing a sundress so you can join the Marci and Meuh Sundress club <3
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3453, Prism wrote:Also, as the winner of the "Guess the length of the Kovu/fireisredsir PT!" minigame, Lukewarm with the help of marcistar has given me a wonderful new icon for the next 72 hours.

For posterity:

Horrible. I love it!
GLORIOUS

also have you been playing FE Warriors 3 hopes? Saw that you did another avi change before this one to hilda
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Prism »

I don't yet have Hopes b/c I'm a broke ass bitch but I love FE3H, am very hype for when my quarter-collecting seeker yellowjackets bring back enough money for it

Hilda will be back after this 72 HOUR DISGRACE
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3456, Prism wrote:I don't yet have Hopes b/c I'm a broke ass bitch but I love FE3H, am very hype for when my quarter-collecting seeker yellowjackets bring back enough money for it

Hilda will be back after this 72 HOUR DISGRACE
Should have just won all of the bets tbh
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 3454, Lukewarm wrote:

For posterity:

Horrible. I love it!
He is wearing a sundress so you can join the Marci and Meuh Sundress club <3
Omg yesss a new member <3
You're invited to the yacht party :heart_eyes_cat:
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by marcistar »

NOO ICONIC
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by marcistar »

its based off my iconic jowoe biden

i was trying to make this a bit more personalized to prism though,
an early preview of the process:
yes, if you take away all the sparkles and glam there is a pink cowgirl hat.
it represents the yeehaw prism put into the deadthread.

Spoiler: idk what the point of typing this is but..
the original vibes i wanted to go for were "aesthetic baddie cowgirl", when i got some research done there was alot of pink, sparkles, and angel stuff.. which is why ultimately i drew wings on the profile pic and kept the white around muwusk. (originally i was going for a drop shadow effect but this just SUITED it better)

at one point i even colored over muwusks suit in a skin tone i colorstole from the image, but i figured it looked too weird sooo... the sundress i added on wasn't executed the best because of this, and i kept trying to make it better but it never vibed quite right...
i believed i even tried a wig! it was much funnier without though : (

another element i added based on my research, the background. its a collage i found online. i added it because one of the baddie cowgirls in my research was posing in her room and had a collage on her wall.

i was deadass gonna edit it to lukes suggestions more but i was at work :kekw:

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 3456, Prism wrote:Hilda will be back after this 72 HOUR DISGRACE
nooo pls muwusk for life :oops:

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by marcistar »

For posterity:

Horrible. I love it!
i hope u actually love it tho..

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Prism »

It's a quality shitpost, you made me proud marci
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by marcistar »

: DD

did u gasp when u saw it...

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Prism »

No

I went UwU
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by marcistar »

have u ever tried making edits like that its legit so fun

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by Prism »

I, uh, no...Absolutely I never bust out random image edits...
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Prism »

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”