Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:42 am

Post by roflcopter »

/confirm lets do this
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:54 am

Post by roflcopter »

vote: korts
experience shows that he is always scum.

plus, omgus
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:15 am

Post by roflcopter »

pshaw, your facts will do nothing to sway me
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by roflcopter »

gentlemen, please, no need for jealousy, there's enough of me to go around
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Post by roflcopter »

...?

i have an opinion on that move, but i want to hear what else is said on the subject, notably from those not already voting korts
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by roflcopter »

um.. wow

i was wrong about korts' gambit, good thing ice lynched him before i came back online to unvote

i really have no read on anyone, except a marginally pro town vibe from sc's last post before the hammer happened.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

percy wrote:@roflcopter: What was you opinion on Korts' play before he got quicklynched? You thought he was town doing a pro-town move?
yeah i thought it was a town tell. the game was pretty clearly beginning to stall a bit, with nothing but random votes and non game related comments at one another, and it looked to me like he was doing something to give the game some real momentum, which is definitely pro town (well, that is what he was doing, but it didn't mean what i thought it meant). i didn't say anything to begin with, or unvote immediately, because i thought reactions would be valuable, and that scum would be the ones clammering to policy lynch korts for self voting.

basically, the opposite of what i thought was going to happen ended up happening.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:23 am

Post by roflcopter »

i find that its always better to acknowledge something that happens in thread rather than simply lurk, even if all you're acknowledging is that you're waiting to say something.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by roflcopter »

caboose, keep in mind the first two pages suddenly constituted the entirety of day one, when 12 hours earlier we had still be random voting and having fake fights over who i liked more irl

that caught me a little off guard
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Post by roflcopter »

where is everybody?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:37 am

Post by roflcopter »

(shhh)
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:22 am

Post by roflcopter »

StrangerCoug wrote:Do we really need to restart random voting?
i certainly hope not

percy and zaz need to post soon, or be prodded
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by roflcopter »

something is niggling me about the way people are very, very slowly trying to build up support to start voting me.

sc is at least doing so for ostensibly in game reasons, but caboose is just fanning the flames with a broad meta argument.

so i'm ready to start things with a
vote: caboose
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:34 am

Post by roflcopter »

say, caboose, i hate to fight meta with meta, but i distinctly recall you espousing in another game how very much you hate to see meta used basically at all, so its pretty suspect that you're using meta to vote for me
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Caboose wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Vote: Caboose
for OMGUS.
I called out rofl way before he voted me. So really, he's the only one OMGUSing.
you called me out on meta reasons, but when i question your use of meta, you explain your vote is not based on meta, its a response to MY vote, which is in fact the classic definition of OMGUS. good try though.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i am not the doctor, which means percy is telling the truth.

that makes my decision much easier than his, since i now know for certain who the scum is -
vote: strangercoug

percy wrote:I'd like for both of you to post your opinions of myself and the other guy.
since you're now confirmed town, it would be a waste of time for either of us to give opinions of you. i'll put together a case on sc shortly, and it will come down to your decision. it goes without saying that coug will be voting for me in his next post.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:06 am

Post by roflcopter »

Percy wrote:Goddamn. rofl, please post your reasons ASAP.
getting on that after dinner. it'll happen tonight.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Vote: roflcopter
for his being psychic and his connections with Caboose yesterday.
my connection with caboose... what the heck?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:53 am

Post by roflcopter »

StrangerCoug wrote:
BOTH
Korts's L-1 self vote and icemanE's temptation to hammer Korts for it strike me as odd. We really don't want to rush the day, and I don't see how that turn of events is pro-town.

Unvote: roflcopter
Vote: icemanE
for wanting to hammer Korts at the top of page two.
HoS: Korts
for self-voting.
this post is incredibly important. he's trying really hard to prevent ice from lynching korts, going so far as to vote ice for threatening to do so. but simultaneously, he's hedging his bets with an HoS against korts, a great way to distance, and an attempt to have his cake and eat it too.
StrangerCoug wrote:The Korts/roflcopter connection makes some sense to me, but I do buy roflcopter's defense for the most part.
of course he buys my defense, since he knows i'm town, but sc is planting the seed of doubt here against me without actually backing it up with anything at all.
StrangerCoug wrote:roflcopter for his connections with Korts, but weakly so. I do see Caboose's meta on him working against him as well, but I wouldn't count on it.
coug seemed to be slowly inching his way towards voting for me, laying the groundwork some more here, but then...
StrangerCoug wrote:
for OMGUS.
he suddenly does a 180 and votes caboose. maybe he thought i'd be the better endgame lynch?
StrangerCoug wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
You had a back-and-forth with Caboose the day of his lynch. He questioned my voting him for OMGUS because he called you out well before he voted you. I need to look over you and Caboose again, but connections =/= buddy or buddying per se (I'm not on my home computer, so I don't have a way of typing the inequation sign proper without copying and pasting it from somewhere else).
it seems to me like he's trying to imply that i am scum simply because caboose was town, which is a false analogy. this sort of argument would have been easy to plan for, since i started the drive against caboose and he just came along for the ride, and he would have known a) that caboose would be a mislynch and b) that he'd leave me alive for the endgame.

doing that made me realize how incredibly short this game has been. thats what i've got.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 am

Post by roflcopter »

its interesting that sc did nothing but mount a defense

responses coming shortly
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:30 am

Post by roflcopter »

StrangerCoug wrote:Regarding Korts's self-vote:
roflcopter wrote:i have an opinion on that move, but i want to hear what else is said on the subject, notably from those not already voting korts
If you had an opinion, then why didn't you make it known and why are you asking others for their input first?
thats strange, i could have sworn i already answered that question, and not only that, but you publically declared your acceptance of what i had said on the subject
roflcopter wrote:i was wrong about korts' gambit, good thing ice lynched him before i came back online to unvote
Wrong about what? I don't know what you're referring to, and there aren't a lot of things town should be hiding.
see above, this was also already dealt with, and i thought you had put it to bed by saying you accepted my position. interesting turnaround now.
roflcopter wrote:
percy wrote:@roflcopter: What was you opinion on Korts' play before he got quicklynched? You thought he was town doing a pro-town move?
yeah i thought it was a town tell. the game was pretty clearly beginning to stall a bit, with nothing but random votes and non game related comments at one another, and it looked to me like he was doing something to give the game some real momentum, which is definitely pro town (well, that is what he was doing, but it didn't mean what i thought it meant). i didn't say anything to begin with, or unvote immediately, because i thought reactions would be valuable, and that scum would be the ones clammering to policy lynch korts for self voting.
OK, now I know, but you think self-voting is pro-town? Are you crazy!?

And if you thought reactions are valuable, then why did you react by keeping to yourself, which really
ISN'T
valuable?
hmm, maybe you should have brought this up yesterday, instead of joining the wagon on caboose? and it seems we disagree on a point of mafia theory. but to be clear, i didn't say i think ALL self voting is pro town, i said i thought this instance of it was pro town.
roflcopter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
BOTH
Korts's L-1 self vote and icemanE's temptation to hammer Korts for it strike me as odd. We really don't want to rush the day, and I don't see how that turn of events is pro-town.

Unvote: roflcopter
Vote: icemanE
for wanting to hammer Korts at the top of page two.
HoS: Korts
for self-voting.
this post is incredibly important. he's trying really hard to prevent ice from lynching korts, going so far as to vote ice for threatening to do so. but simultaneously, he's hedging his bets with an HoS against korts, a great way to distance, and an attempt to have his cake and eat it too.
First off, you said this earlier:
roflcopter wrote:i really have no read on anyone, except a marginally pro town vibe from sc's last post before the hammer happened.
Wait just a minute. My last post before Korts was hammered is the same post as you're attacking right now. What changed?
as you said, information from the caboose lynch, and the knowledge that, in this endgame situation, you are scum, and i was incorrect in my earlier read of you.
My only problem with icemanE's threat to hammer at that point is that we did not have a lot to go on for Day 1. In addition, policy lynches like icemanE's generally aren't considered pro-town. Korts flipped scum and icemanE flipped cop as he claimed, but regardless of the former, if the latter had survived Night 1 I was ready to go after him at full force. Instead, we struggle to get things moving on Day 2. You acknowledge my attempts to do so.

As for my simultaneous suspicions Korts, self-voting is not pro-town, period.
roflcopter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:The Korts/roflcopter connection makes some sense to me, but I do buy roflcopter's defense for the most part.
of course he buys my defense, since he knows i'm town, but sc is planting the seed of doubt here against me without actually backing it up with anything at all.
StrangerCoug wrote:roflcopter for his connections with Korts, but weakly so. I do see Caboose's meta on him working against him as well, but I wouldn't count on it.
coug seemed to be slowly inching his way towards voting for me, laying the groundwork some more here, but then...
StrangerCoug wrote:
for OMGUS.
he suddenly does a 180 and votes caboose. maybe he thought i'd be the better endgame lynch?
I had as weak reads of the game at that point as you, which explains the 180 you speak of.
thats a convenient excuse. a "weak read." what does that even mean?
roflcopter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
You had a back-and-forth with Caboose the day of his lynch. He questioned my voting him for OMGUS because he called you out well before he voted you. I need to look over you and Caboose again, but connections =/= buddy or buddying per se (I'm not on my home computer, so I don't have a way of typing the inequation sign proper without copying and pasting it from somewhere else).
it seems to me like he's trying to imply that i am scum simply because caboose was town, which is a false analogy. this sort of argument would have been easy to plan for, since i started the drive against caboose and he just came along for the ride, and he would have known a) that caboose would be a mislynch and b) that he'd leave me alive for the endgame.
Nice straw man. You are ignoring the fact that we gained information from Caboose's lynch, a mislynch though it was. I was trying to hint at that information since I now know what he was talking about in terms of the OMGUS bit. Raemember also that I said he attacked my voting him for OMGUS and defended it with his calling you out long before you voted him.

Basically, try again.
not a strawman. so you're saying that yesterday you thought caboose was spewing bs so you lynched him, but today all the sudden you "know what he was talking about." how convenient, that now that he's dead and confirmed town, you can suddenly agree with him, too bad you failed to do so yesterday when it could have saved his life.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by roflcopter »

darn.

i'm so bad at being mafia.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Post by roflcopter »

you would think i was more convincing, you knew i was full of shit
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by roflcopter »

someday we'll be scumpartners again and you
won't
get hammered on page two
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”