Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:01 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 673, jjh927 wrote:My gut reaction is that you have placed much higher value on broadcasting the fact that you have reads and making sure everyone else knows you have reads than I would expect of town
Ok. Thanks for actually answering my question. If you're talking about , , , it's deliberately performative. I wanted to interact with someone instead of just dumping some early
reads
down, which I had formed from
reading
the game for
reads
. Helped me form a
read
on Ydrasse, which is another
read
I now have. Hence the 'coy' little game around
reads
. Since , I've been really clear. The thing is, if you
read
, my big list of
reads
, including the spoilered text, you'll understand why I have the
reads
I have. Did you?

Reads
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:04 am

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah, the gut read was very much based on the earlygame. We're moving into logic territory now as the gears are turning and I'm now also concerned by your lack of interaction with your scumreads
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:07 am

Post by jjh927 »

For the record, I have read your list of reads, both while just keeping up and also while rereading the whole game a couple of hours back.

But yeah, generally speaking, your scumreads look entirely observational in nature and you don't seem to have made an effort to verify that. Ircher being absent makes that understandable to an extent but I'd feel better if you'd had a meaningful interaction with Roden somewhere
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:07 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 674, jjh927 wrote:You hope others will townread you because of your reads, draw attention to them as a defence, and generally seem more preoccupied with ticking that "thing that town players do" box rather than using it as a tool to spur conversation and more accurately place people
At the base level, you appear to prioritise being townread over gaining information with which to eliminate scum.
This is definitely a hot scenario, and I wish I had a cool flavour name like 'Inspector Clipboard', but alas it wasn't to be.

I have some questions for you (which I think you will struggle to answer, so partly rhetorical):

What is missing from my ISO (non-reads content) that other players have?

When have I drawn attention to my reads as a defence this game?

How does one usually gain the information with which one eliminates scum?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

logic in a mafia game? What is this, 2011?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:13 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 678, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 674, jjh927 wrote:You hope others will townread you because of your reads, draw attention to them as a defence, and generally seem more preoccupied with ticking that "thing that town players do" box rather than using it as a tool to spur conversation and more accurately place people
At the base level, you appear to prioritise being townread over gaining information with which to eliminate scum.
This is definitely a hot scenario, and I wish I had a cool flavour name like 'Inspector Clipboard', but alas it wasn't to be.

I have some questions for you (which I think you will struggle to answer, so partly rhetorical):

1: That's a bit of an arbitrary one. Can't really answer that in a meaningful way.
2. It's kinda my main take out of that argument we had where we both missed each other's points. Your scumread of Ircher is at the crux of that argument no matter how your shake it.
3. We're doing it right now. This kind of conversation. Observation is no replacement for getting stuck right into it
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 680, jjh927 wrote:
In post 678, furtiveglance wrote:

1: That's a bit of an arbitrary one. Can't really answer that in a meaningful way.
2. It's kinda my main take out of that argument we had where we both missed each other's points. Your scumread of Ircher is at the crux of that argument no matter how your shake it.
3. We're doing it right now. This kind of conversation. Observation is no replacement for getting stuck right into it
1. Exactly, my point is proven.
2. I already stated this and it looks like you disagreed rather than missing it: I was not using scumreading Ircher to defend myself, I was questioning (not even attacking) your confused gut (which is a metaphor for a strong, powerful feeling).
3. Good point - arguing does have value in mafia, but so does making clear where your thoughts are. Maybe your philosophy is that reads are redundant, mine isn't.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:21 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I'm guessing you'll push back on point 2, but I've said all there is to say on it.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:29 am

Post by jjh927 »

Ah, so to clarify, my "gut" is a remnant of a very lazy playstyle I used for a period that I've integrated into my current playstyle. It's my thoughts on the matter without tangibly putting those thoughts into words. Near enough my subconscious
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:32 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 683, jjh927 wrote:Ah, so to clarify, my "gut" is a remnant of a very lazy playstyle I used for a period that I've integrated into my current playstyle. It's my thoughts on the matter without tangibly putting those thoughts into words. Near enough my subconscious
Ok, this is slightly confusing.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:33 am

Post by jjh927 »

Regardless of how I'm reading you, you seem like a good person to bounce things off of. What do you think of malakittens
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:34 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 391, fireisredsir wrote:didn't really feel like you had an actual interest in sorting me, felt like you were just checking a box on a list of things you're supposed to be doing in a mafia game. feels a little artificial

which is kinda how ive felt about a lot of your posting so far. it kinda reminds me of how i like to play scum actually, which maybe is why i noticed. it feels like you're playing with the goal of generating townreads on yourself and not with the goal of finding scum

does not apply to furtive, furtive seems towny
i thought this was funny

probably not meaningful, but interesting how a description that i applied to uncrowned and then specifically say doesn't apply to furtive is later applied to furtive by someone else
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:38 am

Post by jjh927 »

Amusingly I also townread uncrowned
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:39 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 685, jjh927 wrote:Regardless of how I'm reading you, you seem like a good person to bounce things off of. What do you think of malakittens
Glad you asked, I was about to give some other reads on players I didn't mention in that readslist (probably to your ire). I have Malakittens as a scumlean, along with Ausuka. As for Klick, that's a townlean. I know Mala likes a meme as either alignment, but when they get into a game as town they go beyond memes into quite heavy pushing of scumreads (see Newbie 2093 in which they got their paws into me). Some of the capsing early on felt quite easy to do as mafia.

I know you didn't ask but:

Ausuka: Seems very different to Mini Normal 2279 in which they were my first townread and pretty much a UTR from the get go. Could be due to RVS wagon, larger game or anything else but notable.

More on Klick later I need to go but wanted to get this out in real time.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:42 am

Post by jjh927 »

Might want to discuss some of these in more detail, particularly over the weekend if you are around, but perhaps not right now.

I'm reaching the point where I gotta turn off for the day. Too much thinking.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:46 am

Post by jjh927 »

That doesn't mean sleeping fwiw, that means watching trashy anime and maybe shitposting
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 616, jjh927 wrote:Town:
Lukewarm
Klick

Is this sorted?

If yes, why am I at the top?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:54 am

Post by jjh927 »

It is sorted

Gut
It was fairly arbitrary but it's absolutely sorted by confidence of how I felt at the time
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:57 am

Post by jjh927 »

I did particularly like 588, not just the post but the fact it even exists
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Klick »

In post 666, fireisredsir wrote:i don't really get the mindset behind "hammer or move on" followed by "i want to vote RCE but don't want to dampen ircher wagon"

can you explain that more

specifically about the "or move on"
Ircher looks like he might get eliminated here
I am satisfied with that outcome

It also looks possible that the wagon will dissolve and other wagons will form
I'm not as happy with that outcome because I think Ircher is a better elimination than we would likely get if things were to dissolve. But it is an acceptable outcome and one we can work to our advantage

What I DON'T want is 'let's leave Ircher at L-2 for a few days while we don't do other things and
then
get cold feet and vote elsewhere' (which does commonly happen)
Because the stagnation would kill momentum in what's currently an active and fun and highly-Klick-motivating game
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:58 am

Post by jjh927 »

How would you feel about exploring other options and then ultimately coming back to ircher if we feel like it later
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:01 am

Post by Klick »

jjh I want to hear you talk about Mala

PEdit: I don't trust that people would actually go back to Ircher
The wagon is there now
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Klick »

I also have very close to zero confidence in my ability to persuade people towards things that align with my reads and therefore and resistant to shifts away from gamestates that work with my reads
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Klick »

In post 697, Klick wrote:I also have very close to zero confidence in my ability to persuade people towards things that align with my reads and therefore
am
resistant to shifts away from gamestates that work with my reads
EBWOP
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:03 am

Post by jjh927 »

To be honest I'd rather wait for Mala to show up and talk to Mala about Mala if that's alright

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”