Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1067, mastina wrote:
In post 1042, Roden wrote:
In post 1037, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1036, Roden wrote:Wow, that's really annoying. I targeted Peta last night.
Pray continue....
I'm a Mailman with a modifier. I sent him a message asking for advice on how to effectively play my role, and let him know I chose him since I believed he would be the most likely person to give solid advice regardless of his own alignment or his read on me.
Btw there's actually TWO reasons for why I think that this is a scumclaim from Roden, maybe 3.
jjh can probably get 1-2 of them, small outside chance of all 3.

But,
VOTE: Roden

Roden is effectively confscum with that claim.
In post 1069, mastina wrote:I don’t see myself ever pivoting off of Roden.

Roden was already scum by play to me, but that claim was 200% damning in ways that Roden couldn't even know.

If we wanna go 2 for 2 on scum eliminations, y'all should be voting for Roden today.
In post 1119, mastina wrote:
In post 1071, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1067, mastina wrote:Btw there's actually TWO reasons for why I think that this is a scumclaim from Roden, maybe 3.
It's independently a pretty sketchy claim. But do you think scum would have Ircher's role and that?
Explicitly so, yes, for multiple reasons.
Feel free to state these reasons, thanks.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1122, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1115, Vivax wrote:
In post 1111, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1097, Vivax wrote:
In post 1093, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1090, Vivax wrote:P-edit: Always try to follow the guide of some fella called ace when vig. Kill coinflips early. Less wiggle room to push a mislim, and disencourage that type of play.
I think you don't understand how D1 went down.

How many larges how have you played?
Enough
But let's consider this: The ones who called it weird either don't reply (FG) or believe it (Fire)
While Luke goes on attack mode after not commenting, supposedly having no info whatsoever of how many extra kills scum had. At the very least, you'd have reason to assume Luke has an agenda or ulterior motive here.
My vote on you came before you posted this day phase, so acting like I am pushing you in response to your comments this day phase is pretty silly.

I started typing my case out on you immediately after reading 1072, it just took me me a bit to pull together the relevant quotes.

(Which is why 1082 has no comment on your vig claim, because it was written before I read the posts you pedit'ed me with)
That would mean you don't find the BBT kill weird enough to believe he was vigged. But then, why don't you agree with suspecting those who did if you are town?
I never said that it was unbelievable for a vig to have targeted BBT.

I don't think that it was even that weird of a thought to have had, so not sure what you are asking me here.

Do I think that it is possible for a townie to think that BBT was a vig kill? Yes.
Do I think it possible that the scum team would target him thinking he is a PR? Yes.

Did I think that you were scummy before your claim? Yes.
You just made three strawmans you could answer yourself.

The sentence: 'I don't think anything about the BBT kill' would have achieved the purpose of communicating that.

And why is it relevant if you thought I was scummy before? So did a bunch of others. This reads like you are pre-empting backing off the read, but you missed that train...
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I think at least 1 of Mastina's points relates to the specific implementation of the role, so it would be wise for you to state exactly what mailman means in the context of this game
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1124, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1123, Andresvmb wrote:Look my view of the game just got blown up. The two Town that died yesterday I was positive on, particularly Nero Cain
can you expand on this, i don't quite follow
I was beginning to trust Nero Cain pretty strongly, and unfortunately they were NK’ed (most likely), I was skeptical of the slip (and I was wrong), and the one player I most strongly suspected is probably Town via claim. I am assuming (as I think is most likely), that productivity did not drop below 50%. I don’t see the Scum shooting BBT there N1, but obviously if Vivax is full of shit, then they did. So, the few things I was trying to anchor my view of the game around are not here or are not reliable. Which means, I need to put in work.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1060, Andresvmb wrote:@Roden yeah maybe. But you also have to make a decision as Scum. Either you push Ircher right then and there about a potential slip that Ircher may be able to get away from (I didn’t find the “slip” killer, the freezing is what did Ircher in), or you hold off, and you position yourself around the flip that started seeming more and more inevitable as the day went on. Look at Vivax’s play and tell me that’s not what you see.

Look Vivax could have just been wrong and Town that’s always possible. But they were definitely the one player I thought was the Scummiest yesterday. It’s hard for me to look away right now.
I think any scum who joined the Ircher wagon would do so nonchalantly, the slip would've panicked the scum team and they wouldn't be sure whether or not Ircher could get away with it in the moment. The pile up happened so quickly that scum would most likely feel too self-conscious to make a big deal out of it or make a hard push, in fear of coming off as informed.

If I had to guess, I'd say two scum on wagon, one scum off.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1129, Roden wrote:
In post 1060, Andresvmb wrote:@Roden yeah maybe. But you also have to make a decision as Scum. Either you push Ircher right then and there about a potential slip that Ircher may be able to get away from (I didn’t find the “slip” killer, the freezing is what did Ircher in), or you hold off, and you position yourself around the flip that started seeming more and more inevitable as the day went on. Look at Vivax’s play and tell me that’s not what you see.

Look Vivax could have just been wrong and Town that’s always possible. But they were definitely the one player I thought was the Scummiest yesterday. It’s hard for me to look away right now.
I think any scum who joined the Ircher wagon would do so nonchalantly, the slip would've panicked the scum team and they wouldn't be sure whether or not Ircher could get away with it in the moment. The pile up happened so quickly that scum would most likely feel too self-conscious to make a big deal out of it or make a hard push, in fear of coming off as informed.

This does not at all square with your vote on Titus. Like not the least bit. Do you not see the inconsistency? Why aren’t you pressuring RCEnigma then?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1127, jjh927 wrote:I think at least 1 of Mastina's points relates to the specific implementation of the role, so it would be wise for you to state exactly what mailman means in the context of this game
I just send a message to someone and they are told that it came from me, that's pretty much it. It isn't called Mailman, the actual name is Flirt, but it's essentially just the same as the Mailman role.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1126, Vivax wrote:You just made three strawmans you could answer yourself.

The sentence: 'I don't think anything about the BBT kill' would have achieved the purpose of communicating that.

And why is it relevant if you thought I was scummy before? So did a bunch of others.
I was confused by the question. "That would mean you don't find the BBT kill weird enough to believe he was vigged. But then, why don't you agree with suspecting those who did if you are town?"

"That would mean [something that I never said or thought]" Like you made up something I thought, and then tried to use that as a gatcha question on me.

Your example sentence does not even accurately portray my thoughts, because on the flip my first thought about BBT was that his kill was odd given the scum reads on him. My second thought was that the scum team must have guessed he was a PR based on his lurking.

So, I did not think it odd that other people came to the conclusion that it could be a vig kill. It is just a different conclusion from the same thought about the kill.

-----
This reads like you are pre-empting backing off the read, but you missed that train...
As I was typing it, was I thinking about
In post 1109, jjh927 wrote:I highly doubt productivity dropped below 50% simply because of how averages are gonna work here
Because, I had not actually thought about the productivity levels until I read it. I was more focused on the fact that we had no way to know if there even was a vig in this game, because the mechanics of the game gives scum an unknown number of kills. Which also makes this a game where scum could totally fake claim vig. And it also would make sense for you in particular to fake claim it since you got several votes right off the bat start of the day.

But, then I saw the jjh post. And
In post 1005, Datisi wrote:jailkeeper + 1 day neighbourizer [cost: 30%
In post 1005, Datisi wrote:doctor [cost: 30%;
Actually looking at the productivity levels needed to power the PRs, I think that he might be right.

So thats fun. Seems the most likely out come for me this game now is that I am getting Vig shot tonight

VOTE: Titus
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1130, Andresvmb wrote:

This does not at all square with your vote on Titus. Like not the least bit. Do you not see the inconsistency? Why aren’t you pressuring RCEnigma then?
In post 1039, Roden wrote:VOTE: Titus

Titus has the greatest motivation to kill Peta ASAP despite the scum reads going his way yesterday.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1131, Roden wrote:
In post 1127, jjh927 wrote:I think at least 1 of Mastina's points relates to the specific implementation of the role, so it would be wise for you to state exactly what mailman means in the context of this game
I just send a message to someone and they are told that it came from me, that's pretty much it. It isn't called Mailman, the actual name is Flirt, but it's essentially just the same as the Mailman role.
How were you expecting to get an answer on how best to use your role?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Roden »

@Vivax:
I'd prefer if you shot me over Luke tonight so that Mastina can't hide behind her fake scum read on me all game.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

You’re using the NK to justify your vote, which is always suspect (it’s like you haven’t even considered that Scum make kills to confuse / frame the Town). But the single most important way you’re pointing to for identifying Scum in the game from day play conflicts directly with that vote. The fact that you’re not even acknowledging that is bizarre.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Vivax »

Peer pressure is pushing Roden, among other...Things. I have no idea why people scumread Roden, his tone is very annoyed as scum

Spoiler:
10/3/2020 relevant around here? Anyone ever had anything 'beam' into them?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1135, Roden wrote:
@Vivax:
I'd prefer if you shot me over Luke tonight so that Mastina can't hide behind her fake scum read on me all game.
What?

Why would Mastinas read on either of us matter for his vig kill, and in case you missed it I am her second strongest scum read, so that seems to be of little difference lol
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1134, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1131, Roden wrote:
How were you expecting to get an answer on how best to use your role?
I left it up to Peta on whether he openly addressed it or not.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Did you say how much it cost in %
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1059, Roden wrote:It's tiered, if I don't use my modifier it only costs 5%. That's the version
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1132, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1126, Vivax wrote:You just made three strawmans you could answer yourself.

And why is it relevant if you thought I was scummy before? So did a bunch of others.
I was confused by the question. "That would mean you don't find the BBT kill weird enough to believe he was vigged. But then, why don't you agree with suspecting those who did if you are town?"

"That would mean [something that I never said or thought]" Like you made up something I thought, and then tried to use that as a gatcha question on me.

Your example sentence does not even accurately portray my thoughts, because on the flip my first thought about BBT was that his kill was odd given the scum reads on him. My second thought was that the scum team must have guessed he was a PR based on his lurking.

So, I did not think it odd that other people came to the conclusion that it could be a vig kill. It is just a different conclusion from the same thought about the kill.

-----
This reads like you are pre-empting backing off the read, but you missed that train...
As I was typing it, was I thinking about
In post 1109, jjh927 wrote:I highly doubt productivity dropped below 50% simply because of how averages are gonna work here
Because, I had not actually thought about the productivity levels until I read it. I was more focused on the fact that we had no way to know if there even was a vig in this game, because the mechanics of the game gives scum an unknown number of kills. Which also makes this a game where scum could totally fake claim vig. And it also would make sense for you in particular to fake claim it since you got several votes right off the bat start of the day.

But, then I saw the jjh post. And
In post 1005, Datisi wrote:jailkeeper + 1 day neighbourizer [cost: 30%
In post 1005, Datisi wrote:doctor [cost: 30%;
Actually looking at the productivity levels needed to power the PRs, I think that he might be right.

So thats fun. Seems the most likely out come for me this game now is that I am getting Vig shot tonight

VOTE: Titus
Nah, the most likely outcome is simple...Failure
Big, overarching, systemic failure caused by crowds. Because they forgot the game they were forced into.

VOTE: Lukewarm

Though I have low hopes of this wagon going through
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah I was hoping for some elaboration without specifically asking for elaboration as I was in fact fully aware of that post but oh well
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Interesting line of thought.

What is your take on Klick right now
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1096, PenguinPower wrote:...you really want me to scum read you don't you.
If you really want to do it, I won't stand in the way of your dreams.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1119, mastina wrote:Explicitly so, yes, for multiple reasons.
Share with the class?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by jjh927 »

@Vivax:
In post 1137, Vivax wrote:Peer pressure is pushing Roden, among other...Things. I have no idea why people scumread Roden, his tone is very annoyed as scum

Spoiler:
Also find it amusing that these posts were made so close to each other
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1136, Andresvmb wrote:You’re using the NK to justify your vote, which is always suspect (it’s like you haven’t even considered that Scum make kills to confuse / frame the Town). But the single most important way you’re pointing to for identifying Scum in the game from day play conflicts directly with that vote. The fact that you’re not even acknowledging that is bizarre.
I'm voting Titus because it's a read on how she plays the game as scum. She kills threats and stays low key. I can scum read her independently of how I think the scum team played around Ircher's slip. If you think that's a scummy thought process then you're gonna have to explain why because I don't get it.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1147, jjh927 wrote:
@Vivax:
In post 1137, Vivax wrote:Peer pressure is pushing Roden, among other...Things. I have no idea why people scumread Roden, his tone is very annoyed as scum

Spoiler:
Also find it amusing that these posts were made so close to each other
Wish I could be as amused, because someone is raining bad vibes and I usually barely feel anything save like a giant sponge

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”