He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1296, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1291, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1281, Ausuka wrote:I guess it doesn't matter that much but I just fundamentally disagree with this line of thinking. Sure you might not individually make much difference but cumulatively people thinking this way can absolutely give mafia free kills
I understand your point. Running that role at 100% productivity is probably optimal.

But I also don't think that it is unreasonable for him to have come to the conclusion that his own 5% didn't matter because it was so low.
Yeah I mean I'm just voting him because I think he's been scummy now which is also the reason I did it in the first place so
In post 1237, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: Roden

I think this is also a good wagon and would like to see a full claim here
I mean you pretty much said here you just voted me to get a full claim

You never mention me before that vote
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:04 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean I haven't been that talkative in general, I do think your d1 was scummy and that was the main reason I voted
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:06 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1280, furtiveglance wrote:Talk more about
1) your read on Mastina
I've seen mastina abuse/take control of mechanics as scum before. There is a very low chance she's actually broken the game, and if she's town what she's doing has significant downside and I'm dubious that Datisi would have put something in that gives her that much upside without the risk of being killed. (Since she presumably wouldn't announce this if scum could just kill her to stop whatever it is.) Plus, her read on me feels like TMI, since she clearly thinks she knows something about my role and I don't see how she can be that confident about it (even if she is right).
2) Scumpool/likely vote destination today
Not voting, probably. But I guess I can sort the players into "probably would vote" and "probably wouldn't vote".
Probably would vote: Ausuka, Malakittens, Roden, Uncrowned, Andresvmb, RCEnigma, Klick, Ydrasse, fireisredsir
Probably wouldn't vote: PenguinPower, Lukewarm, furtiveglance, Titus, Vivax, mastina, jjh927
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:07 am

In post 1286, Lukewarm wrote:I think that Mastina is actually always scum here, but I also don't think that anyone is going to consider voting her prior to her finishing her day 4 schtick
I'll consider it, but I probably won't do it. But I'd definitely vote her on day 4.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:07 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1298, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1293, Roden wrote:
In post 1289, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1288, Roden wrote:
In post 1284, Ausuka wrote:I am hoping she has an extremely good reason for doing so
Scum response
Lol
-5% is scummy

-100% earns a shrug

That's not a townie thought process
After I realised you used the 5% version I haven't called it scummy once
I don't understand why you're arguing the logistics of using a 5% ability then.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1297, Roden wrote:
In post 1294, Lukewarm wrote:For what its worth Roden, I feel like the way that Ausuka has been questioning you looks townie, even if she is wrong.
I don't think she's questioning me at all. It's busy work with clear intent to get me with a "gotcha" moment without doing anything to actually solve me or try to read me.
I disagree :shrug:

I think that her posts about you make more sense if she is town.

Scum know that you are telling the truth about your percentage points, and as such I don't think that "Roden is posting like his role does not have a percentage point requirement" - is an angle that scum would be as likely to come up with naturally.

So, I think that she is town who thinks that you are scum.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1301, Ausuka wrote:I mean I haven't been that talkative in general, I do think your d1 was scummy and that was the main reason I voted
The reason you gave for voting me was that you wanted a full claim. You didn't mention anything about your read on me or what you found scummy.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:12 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1305, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1297, Roden wrote:
In post 1294, Lukewarm wrote:For what its worth Roden, I feel like the way that Ausuka has been questioning you looks townie, even if she is wrong.
I don't think she's questioning me at all. It's busy work with clear intent to get me with a "gotcha" moment without doing anything to actually solve me or try to read me.
I disagree :shrug:

I think that her posts about you make more sense if she is town.

Scum know that you are telling the truth about your percentage points, and as such I don't think that "Roden is posting like his role does not have a percentage point requirement" - is an angle that scum would be as likely to come up with naturally.

So, I think that she is town who thinks that you are scum.
I really don't think it's impossible for scum to fake a reason to scum read someone
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 1302, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1280, furtiveglance wrote:Talk more about
1) your read on Mastina
I've seen mastina abuse/take control of mechanics as scum before. There is a very low chance she's actually broken the game, and if she's town what she's doing has significant downside and I'm dubious that Datisi would have put something in that gives her that much upside without the risk of being killed. (Since she presumably wouldn't announce this if scum could just kill her to stop whatever it is.) Plus, her read on me feels like TMI, since she clearly thinks she knows something about my role and I don't see how she can be that confident about it (even if she is right).
2) Scumpool/likely vote destination today
Not voting, probably. But I guess I can sort the players into "probably would vote" and "probably wouldn't vote".
Probably would vote: Ausuka, Malakittens, Roden, Uncrowned, Andresvmb, RCEnigma, Klick, Ydrasse, fireisredsir
Probably wouldn't vote: PenguinPower, Lukewarm, furtiveglance, Titus, Vivax, mastina, jjh927
how do you say all this just to put her in your probably wouldn't vote section
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:16 am

Post by Uncrowned »

the tmi thing specifically
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:17 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1307, Roden wrote:I really don't think it's impossible for scum to fake a reason to scum read someone
That is not what I said.

My point is that if she is scum, faking a reason to scum read you, I don't think that that is the reason she would have come up with.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:23 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1310, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1307, Roden wrote:I really don't think it's impossible for scum to fake a reason to scum read someone
That is not what I said.

My point is that if she is scum, faking a reason to scum read you, I don't think that that is the reason she would have come up with.
What stops her from doing that?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:32 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1250, Datisi wrote:
vote count 2.02

with 17 votes in play, it takes 9 to make a decision. day 2 ends in (expired on 2022-10-04 01:00:00).

firing
Roden [5]:
mastina, Andresvmb, Klick, Ausuka, Uncrowned
Titus [3]:
Roden, fireisredsir, Lukewarm
Vivax [2]:
Ydrasse, furtiveglance
Lukewarm [1]:
Vivax
furtiveglance [1]:
Malakittens

not voting [5]:
PenguinPower, Titus, jjh927, RCEnigma, Something_Smart

mod notes~ this is a mod note.

flavourImage

flavour
now playing...
Bijelo Dugme - Ne spavaj mala moja muzika dok svira

▶ ❚❚ ─────────────────●─────────────  1:21 / 2:30
Ignore my last post btw. It was rather jokish (funny if true)
The Titus wagon sticks out to me for its constituents
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:34 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1269, Roden wrote:
In post 1262, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1254, Roden wrote:
In post 1245, Ausuka wrote:Why did you decide to use this role?
...What? Why does anyone ever use a role?
Could you elaborate on the full percentage costs including the extra for the reply thing?
I already did........
So you're saying the whole thing including the extra for the reply is 5%, or have I missed something?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:42 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1311, Roden wrote:
In post 1310, Lukewarm wrote:
That is not what I said.

What stops her from doing that?
Scum can *do* literally anything, so this is a silly question.

I am saying that, in my opinion, a town mindset is more likely to come up with it then a scum mindset, so I am leaning town on her for this interaction.

You said you think that I am town, so I was trying to give you an outside prospective because I find it harder to see when you are the person being scum read.

But if you disagree, I guess that's it. She is not in danger of elim right now, so it does not seem urgent to convince you of my read there.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:56 am

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: roden

Sheep Mastina.

Mastina has solid reads and from my past games with her this feels more like town-Stina rather than scum-her! The reasons she elaborated on doesn’t feel made up or fluffy so hence why she’s solid town for me.

I do believe vivax so not touching there with a 10 foot pole.

I will have more later but I’m at work and kinda skimmed.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:06 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1279, Roden wrote:If I got seen by a Tracker or Watcher it's a better play for town to just say I targeted someone who died than to let a town PR potentially out themself with a false guilty
I think Roden is town, I see the reason for claiming now.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Malakittens »

Yeah bud scum can also have that mindset plus you don’t know what type of other roles are in play so it could be a pre strategy for a nice scum fake claim
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1316, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1279, Roden wrote:If I got seen by a Tracker or Watcher it's a better play for town to just say I targeted someone who died than to let a town PR potentially out themself with a false guilty
I think Roden is town, I see the reason for claiming now.
I also think that Roden is town
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Titus »

Please be patient. A colleague just got admitted to the hospital last night.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Titus »

I plan to review tonight.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:41 am

In post 1308, Uncrowned wrote:how do you say all this just to put her in your probably wouldn't vote section
Because if she's town it's really silly to have allowed her to grant scum an extra kill but not allow her to do anything with it.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:00 am

Post by Uncrowned »

i feel like that thought process could end up disastrous unless you're confident of hitting scum in the next couple of days, which i feel like you aren't?

i've played with you once before but you were scum, and although it was a while back you felt similarly non-committal

is this also a feature of your townplay?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:03 am

Yep, I'm super afraid of making decisions. :]

Why's it disastrous? You think we might lose before D4?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Uncrowned »

not that we'd lose, but that it would cause a difficult situation if scum!mastina was a thing

like say d4 or d5 hits and we aren't seeing any of the stuff mastina has spoken about as being part of her role, what's your course of action? are you leading the charge on that? if you already think she's +scum, you're basically letting her go unpressured for multiple days. if she's a scum PR that becomes even worse

i'd suppose it's not a huge deal considering this is a large (outside of the multi-kill stuff) but i feel like from your perspective it's weird you wouldn't even really prod in that direction at all, outside of some shading here and there. is town!you really happy to just vibe with her possibly leading miselims (if you think she's scum)?

i'm just not really understanding the thought process

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”