Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Like fine I really don’t know if Lukewarm is experienced Scum who would have positioned around their Partner upon them slipping by pointing it out and burying them for it. I haven’t played with them enough. But on average, I don’t think so, and I’m skeptical that this is the easiest explanation. Someone with an eye for math would have surely gotten interested in the numbers Ircher was putting out, and very quickly realized that they had to be assuming we’re in a 17:4 game - which is not immediately obvious. This gets at what people look for or what they’re interested in, in part. So yeah no I don’t buy it that Lukewarm is Scum because they pointed out the assumption first. I would have panicked there and truly ignored it unless they couldn’t get out from under it.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1625, Ydrasse wrote:Can we all just play mountainous and be productive busy bees
We could, but your vote is still on Roden and I‘m trying to shield that
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1622, Vivax wrote:And I don‘t know how Luke cooks posts so quickly but it‘s sort of scary and feels very reactive.
I secretly have 1,000 monkeys constantly typing away at keyboards in an office building, and I am just scanning through looking for the best ones to cop and paste. They have gotten pretty good at it, my posts in my first few games were nearly unintelligible.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:34 pm

Post by Vivax »

Lukewarm scum here just eats you for breakfast in every scenario and it looks like a player that should murder scum with a snip of the fingers judging by the lightning speed they write these walls of text
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1629, Vivax wrote:Lukewarm scum here just eats you for breakfast in every scenario and it looks like a player that should murder scum with a snip of the fingers judging by the lightning speed they write these walls of text
Do you actually think that my typing speed and post length are different across alignments?

Or are you just complementing my middle school typing teacher, and hating on the fact that I am in fact a wall poster?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1622, Vivax wrote:
In post 1620, Andresvmb wrote:No it was to you Luke and to Vivax at the same time. I criticized the calculation of the average use per player because it makes it seem less difficult for the average to be <75% if Vivax used 100%. That’s more why. But I don’t think we disagree.
I don‘t know why this is relevant in Roden‘s regard, or why it‘s less difficult to be less when I use more as it‘s the opposite. You wouldn‘t happen to have not understood that it‘s the productivity we don‘t use that fuels the power roles?

The more role usage, the more kills scum gets, simply put.

And I don‘t know how Luke cooks posts so quickly but it‘s sort of scary and feels very reactive.
In post 1623, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1613, Andresvmb wrote:And since the mechanic is only influenced by the choices made by the Town, I have to think mastina influenced the score. I would be more skeptical of mastina if the Scum had only had one kill, and you were here claiming a Vig shot. Then, they probably lied about their use of productivity points.
I agree with you that Vivax + Peta (+1) likely needed to be pretty low to get us to the bonus kill, based on the numbers.

So, from that it does feel safe to conclude that there is at least 1 more strong town PR out there after Vivax and Peta.

If Mastina is town, then that is her.

But if she is scum, that just means that there is a strong PR out there who has not claimed that they are a strong PR.

I don't agree that that means town bin mastina. But I have also resigned to the fact that she gets to day 4 before she is sorted, so maybe we will see such a flip or have such a claim happen by then, and we can pick it up from there I think.
Okay but I didn’t say town bin mastina forever. Until you see someone else claim a strong PR and high productivity usage, I think it makes sense to assume mastina is Town. I just wanted to put that out there, because it seems to me that Vivax is focused on the wrong players. I need to read how Roden has gone about defending themselves and see whether I think it’s Towny (I haven’t read it), but I absolutely wanted to put that thought out there. That’s all.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by Vivax »

I‘m not complimenting you, I‘m trying to stop you from leading a pack down a cliff.
But sure, you can take that as a compliment at the same time.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Vivax »

Oh good to know a Roden voter didn‘t even read them, Andres.
That surely warrants you acting like some sort of Luke extra head here
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Been thinking over Roden, and I still want Titus to be todays elim.

I was town reading him before the obstinate stuff, and I kinda think that Vivax is right that he might just be... less obstinate if he was scum.

I also think that his role being 5%, and not growing each usage, while not being consistent with the flipped PRs, does not seem completely outside of the realm of possibilities, beacause the ones that grow are actually good lmao. Also, it has a hidden negative utility, in that it created false guilties from Peta's role, something that would actually already become a stronger and stronger negative the longer the game went on, and the likely hood that they would over lap would increase.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1633, Vivax wrote:Oh good to know a Roden voter didn‘t even read them, Andres.
I haven’t read the last 8 pages or so. What’s your problem? You have a view, and since you’re not getting your way, you’re pouting. And what have I said that is a rehash of what Luke has said? Please, enlighten me.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1635, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1633, Vivax wrote:Oh good to know a Roden voter didn‘t even read them, Andres.
I haven’t read the last 8 pages or so. What’s your problem? You have a view, and since you’re not getting your way, you’re pouting. And what have I said that is a rehash of what Luke has said? Please, enlighten me.
I believe he said that because you lean town on me, and you posted why you are leaning town on me.

I am his strongest scum read.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1626, Andresvmb wrote:Like fine I really don’t know if Lukewarm is experienced Scum who would have positioned around their Partner upon them slipping by pointing it out and burying them for it. I haven’t played with them enough. But on average, I don’t think so, and I’m skeptical that this is the easiest explanation. Someone with an eye for math would have surely gotten interested in the numbers Ircher was putting out, and very quickly realized that they had to be assuming we’re in a 17:4 game - which is not immediately obvious. This gets at what people look for or what they’re interested in, in part. So yeah no I don’t buy it that Lukewarm is Scum because they pointed out the assumption first. I would have panicked there and truly ignored it unless they couldn’t get out from under it.
He was referencing this post.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1635, Andresvmb wrote:
Luke just towned it up in my book by agreeing to find a better lim than Roden, you‘re forcing me to respond to two issues at once with a bad mech argument for mastina being town. Aside from the factoid that this wordiness isn‘t something I was expecting from you considering how much it is in contrast to your D1 posts.

Even if mastina i town here, you vehemently harping that it has anything to do with productivity submission in lieu of the Ircher vote issue suggests you lack suspicion on that slot and might just be doing it for performative reasons.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

It’s not a bad mechanical argument. You’re just tunneled. You saying it’s bad doesn’t make it bad.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

All I did was explain that mechanics point to there most likely being another strong PR, or another Town player that used up a significant amount of productivity points. Until you see someone claim it, it’s seems a decent assumption to make that it was mastina. If mastina is trying to sus out a strong PR, that would be a bad trade (1 Scum for 1 PR), and so I’m discounting it. Hence, my conclusion. I don’t even think the logic is that complicated.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1639, Andresvmb wrote:It’s not a bad mechanical argument. You’re just tunneled. You saying it’s bad doesn’t make it bad.
I‘m saying that if anyone had a good reason to vote Ircher, it was Luke over mastina. My accusation towards mastina is that she concealed the true reason for being the first to vote Ircher, and is now leading a Roden mislim with that cred.

On the other hand, it‘s Titus who has been vocal about the possibility of a mastina bus world, so now I‘m wary that it‘s the first alternative to roden that Luke suggested
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1639, Andresvmb wrote:It’s not a bad mechanical argument. You’re just tunneled. You saying it’s bad doesn’t make it bad.
What do you mean I‘m tunneled? I’m not defending mastina while having my vote on a player I claim to not have read, broseph
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1642, Vivax wrote:
What do you mean I‘m tunneled? I’m not defending mastina while having my vote on a player I claim to not have read, broseph
I’m done talking to you - you’re acting a fool.

I don’t care to defend anyone. It’s about getting the right answer. And you’re acting like I haven’t read any of the game. So go away with that.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

well apparently mastina leading mislims isn't bad because we're yeeting her d5 or whatever immediately if we don't get results from the ability she claims

at least, that's according to S_S

fwiw, i don't think roden is the right lim today but in terms of information, i don't think it's the worst

for those who want RC, what are we waiting for from that slot in particular
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

who want RCs input* i should say
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1643, Andresvmb wrote:

I don’t care to defend anyone. It’s about getting the right answer. And you’re acting like I haven’t read any of the game. So go away with that.
Go away with what? Scumreading mastina that you‘ve been trying to dissuade me from?
I‘m sure that she could make that argument just as well if not better, if you weren‘t going into hyperdrive to do just that for her.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1646, Vivax wrote:

Go away with what? Scumreading mastina that you‘ve been trying to dissuade me from?
I‘m sure that she could make that argument just as well if not better, if you weren‘t going into hyperdrive to do just that for her.
Sure buddy.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1641, Vivax wrote:On the other hand, it‘s Titus who has been vocal about the possibility of a mastina bus world, so now I‘m wary that it‘s the first alternative to roden that Luke suggested
I-
I'm the one who made a whole thing about Mastina likely having bussed Ircher.
In post 1454, Lukewarm wrote:I struggle to believe that town!Mastina actually has this level of certainty on her Ircher read without that, and I think it makes much more sense that this is a patent pending, Mastina designed, scum/scum partner interaction.
Like, your whole argument on Mastina is almost a copy paste of my own.

Titus has Mastina as town.
In post 1325, Titus wrote:Mastina is highly unlikely to be scum.
And, "wary that it's the first alternative to roden that Luke suggested" like I did not write out a whole case on Titus.

You are are not even reading my posts, just popping in to tell every one repeatedly how evil I am.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1647, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1646, Vivax wrote:

Sure buddy.
In post 1644, Uncrowned wrote:well apparently mastina leading mislims isn't bad because we're yeeting her d5 or whatever immediately if we don't get results from the ability she claims

at least, that's according to S_S

fwiw, i don't think roden is the right lim today but in terms of information, i don't think it's the worst

for those who want RC, what are we waiting for from that slot in particular
Why does the opinion of S_S on mastina matter to you when you‘re voting him?
Where am I

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”