Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by Masquerader Red »

Salutations!

What plagues you, RH?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:19 pm

What brings you to the ball, Magenta?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:50 pm

In post 24, Masquerader Blue wrote:I do not necessarily endorse the opinions or reads of the previous guest with the blue mask.
Are there any of your previous incarnation's opinions that you do particularly endorse or disagree with? I think they've been the life of the party thus far, as they were the first to really point any fingers.

I like Purple and Olive's entrances, and I like Yellow calling out Green.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:51 pm

Purple, what makes you read Olive as intruder when the one thing they've done is give a read you agree with?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:16 pm

In post 32, Masquerader Purple wrote:Are you still confused about why you should not trust olive, red?
Well, I'm certainly less confused as to why you don't trust them.

I don't think expressing difficulty logging in is meaningful in the way you describe; it seems more personality-driven than alignment-driven. I find it hard to believe that there are many people who, after having difficulty logging in, would specifically make a post complaining about that as scum but not as town. Unless your opinion is more tone-driven, in which case, well, shrug.

I think calling Blue town at that moment is a good sign; Blue had made that post about ten minutes ago, so it shows both willingness to comment in the moment and potentially willingness to dialogue. Ascribing it with intent to get others to like them seems very hasty.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:20 pm

In post 33, Masquerader Blue wrote:I don't know about Yellow's acting confused about what Intruder does though. Seems a bit like a move scum would do to give off town vibes.
It's possible but I don't see the lampshading on this page of calling themself out on lamist is particularly likely to come from scum so early on.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:01 am

I feel there are significant odds that Purple and Olive are TvT. I don't feel confident on it but I do feel confident that we would all be better served by seeing more from the 4/9 slots that have posted 0-2 times before drawing too confident of conclusions. It could always be one of those games where scum are in the lurkers; I at least don't particularly find any of the active posters scummy, and I find every lurker quite viably scum.

Regarding Purple's :
In post 47, Masquerader Purple wrote:That being said, while I believe you may be a skilled writer and sincere in your attempts to discover the intruders, I do not like your argument in the quote above. It reads to me like a version of refuge in audacity (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... n_Audacity) which is a mistake to adopt by principle; and I disagree that it's even relevant to olive.
I do not see any relationship between refuge in audacity and the argument I'm making; I suppose we agree that it's not relevant to olive? I'm not claiming that complaining about difficulty logging in is something that scum would do as a gambit because it would seem so audacious for them to do. Quite the opposite, I'm claiming that the act of making that post is likely motivated in a way that is completely unrelated to alignment. I don't see where you're drawing the comparison.
In post 47, Masquerader Purple wrote:they are so uninterested in playing the game due to immediately perceiving us all as bumbling masqués that the most stimulating experience for them thus far (after meeting their intruder companion, which they will be careful to not imply) was logging into their account.
This seems uncharitable. Olive made a second post six minutes later with game-related content.
In post 47, Masquerader Purple wrote:While I do not believe olive expressing difficulty logging into their account is either bold or audacious or something especially unlikely an intruder would think of doing, I find teal's formal request to be paired with a moderator to be quite audacious, and is something I would be too timid to even think of doing myself regardless of alignment! Do you believe that teal is more likely to be sincere due to an intruder being unlikely to request pairing with a moderator?
I don't. I think teal's posting in isolation is fairly neutral; I think in the context of them now not having participated for a full day (p-edit: speak of the devil), it casts their apparent vivaciousness (and lack of actual content in their two posts) in a suspicious light.
In post 47, Masquerader Purple wrote:(If you noticed what I did there, yes it was intentional: do you think an intruder is especially unlikely to express difficulty understanding how to divide your post into separate quotes and respond to all of them within the same reply? Do you believe that is a good reason for you to trust me? I encourage you to distrust both olive and myself for implying you should think so.)
I have to agree with Olive's sentiment here; while I think I understand the gist of what you're saying, the specifics elude me.
(is this pronoun acceptable to you, red, or do you prefer they or she or something else?)
Any pronoun is fine.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:04 am

In post 55, Masquerader Teal wrote:I track people by avatars so having them all be the same but colorswapped is going to be difficult for me.

Holy hell what is even going on in purple's posts

I don't think I like calling green mafia for posting just to post while being sick, I think that's an easy trap to fall for but doesn't actually tell you anything AI
This post is awfully lacking in real stances. Do you have any real opinion on Purple, or on the people (Yellow, myself, and Blue) who expressed that sentiment toward Green?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:06 am

And another p-edit.

I'm not writing them off as TVT, I just think
they
are writing each other off as scum prematurely. Having read Purple more closely than when I started that post I think they're at least somewhat viably scum but I don't think they've done anything actively suspicious; I do think them casting themself as obvious town and those discrediting them as detractors is a bit.... gauche.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:14 am

In post 60, Masquerader Teal wrote:No, I don't because the game just started and just because it's 6 days long doesn't mean it doesn't take me like 6 days to figure out where my head's at. I'm not going to lie and pretend like I know what I'm doing already when half the field has barely posted.
While that's partially fair, you've still given barely an inkling of suspicion toward anyone's alignment, good or bad. If your intent is to catch up and do so then by all means go ahead; for what it's worth, your participation can chop that fraction of the field that has barely posted down to a third.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Regarding Teal: I don't care if people have strong suspicions at this juncture (I myself don't have strong suspicions, just some inklings). I do think it's important, even more so than in a normal game, to give reads and interact with other players quickly. Others have alluded to meta being a crutch more than they may have realized, and together with the short deadlines and nature of dance setups, we have every reason to put ourselves out there quickly so we have material to sort out. This can include townreads. Teal being willing to give a gut townread on Olive, at the least, is something. However, it did feel like drawing blood from a stone, and it does feel somewhat placative being given a single gut townread, especially in a post where Teal said they were "doubling down" on "still parsing things" (even if, I think, that phrase was referring specifically to giving scumreads).

Regarding Cyan: it certainly would be lovely if they'd follow this advice to engage with the game as well.

Regarding Purple's page 4 solve: I can understand seeing those posts from Green as team-y toward Yellow, but I don't think it's anywhere near ironclad, and I still don't really buy Yellow as particularly suspicious (and it seems Purple's logic starts with finding Yellow suspicious). I more see those posts from Green as somewhat dubious in isolation - the "out of context" thing feels like an excuse to push the person who happened to call them scummy earlier, and I particularly don't like , which feels dismissive, because this feels like a somewhat arbitrary line in the sand:
Green wrote:Yellow was the only one to take a specific line of text and misrepresent it.

It feels to me like Green has already decided to suspect Yellow (perhaps because Yellow was the first one to call out Green's first post), and now that they're being called out by a player like Purple, feel the need to justify it with some sound looking logic. But I don't see why "taking a specific line of text and misrepresenting it" should be the distinguishing factor, logically. It feels manufactured.

Regarding the Yellow half of Purple's solve, I'm willing to listen to arguments, but I feel Purple's wall decrying Yellow was a bit of a mountain from a molehill; for one, Purple spent three full paragraphs lambasting the phrase "agenda driven", which has now also been used by both Olive and Magenta. I've mentioned thinking Yellow is townish, and I think the continuation of their play is as well. It feels, I suppose, not especially agenda driven, like they're just calling out reads they have and going with the flow of the thread. (And also, I think their reads are very good).

If there's anything in this game that's been audacious so far, it's the degree of Purple's surety at any given juncture.

My reads are in flux, but right now I like Olive, Blue, and Yellow (and since there's been so much ambiguity over this throughout this game so far... "like" means "consider likely town"). Purple is an interesting case, because the more they post, the more I realize it's going to be exceedingly difficult to feel confident about them in the absence of meta. There are definitely players on this site who would relish the opportunity to take a scum draw in an anonymous game and play it in this manner. I think my impression of their slot on the whole is still more likely town than not. Magenta (and of course, Cyan) have yet to leave a strong impression, and Teal and Green are where my current suspicions lie.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:13 am

In post 92, Masquerader Magenta wrote:Red feels very negative in general, not liking the vibes. also, talk to me, not about me if you want to sort me
Sure. Could you justify your read on Purple in more depth? Why is the purple prose comment townish, and why is their reconsidering on Teal townish in the context of it being because they wanted to lock in this Green+Yellow solve? I can see why reconsidering there (and trying to push me to reconsider as well, which is actually probably pretty townish) looks good in one sense, but it's also just a natural consequence of their hard calling out two specific players as scum.
In post 104, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Why do you consider these three to be likely Invitees? Specifically Blue.
I think Blue's first incarnation had +town posts. immediately giving five reads is simply very pro-town in this game for the reasons I gave; I don't overly care what the reasons they gave are on page one. I liked the new Blue's response to my inquiry in at the time for continuing to give a lot of reads, though looking at it again now it is somewhat waffly. On Magenta, Blue says something isn't scummy but something else is, and on Yellow they give both a positive and a negative without describing the overall affect, which can be from scum wanting to look like they're being ponderous. I think the main issue with the slot at this point is just falling off, but I do think their posting on the whole so far is pretty likely town (I weigh post 16 fairly significantly in a hidden alt game).

Yellow, I described a bit in one of the last paragraphs in and I also liked their quick willingness to give many stances and the way they handled their "lamist" debacle.

Olive, I liked their opening and I like their response to Purple; it feels righteously indignant. I also like their general vibe in the thread, though that's less tangible.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:16 am

In post 113, Masquerader Yellow wrote:
In post 86, Masquerader Purple wrote:This game is won on the first elimination if we force yellow and green to pair with each other.
I would be open to that at this point.
Why is this? Do you think Green is town or, are you willing to exit with them either to get rid of them or to assuage Purple?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:22 pm

In post 144, Masquerader Magenta wrote:Re: reds big wall from before, I felt it was vaguely shady on most slots but without any really clear X is scum because. I've seen scum rely on it as a crutch before.
I did say two people (Teal and Green) were my scumreads. And I gave reasons for both of them. So I'm uncertain what your insinuation here is.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:25 pm

I think the Purple offering to all but two people thing is a shtick, and it does have obvious utility as scum but there's also intrinsic risk to making that post and I don't think it's like Purple was particularly likely to be left out by taking a different tact. So I don't really think it was Purple panicking as scum. The invitee thing is, eh, more or less meaningless in my mind. Purple could be scum who didn't realize that town are invitees, but in some respect I'd think if Purple were scum they'd have been more careful about that; I don't think they're particularly more likely to make that mistake as scum than as town.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:29 pm

Olive, what are you liking recently from Green? I can see Cyan being more town in the past page.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:33 pm

I will also
invite Blue to dance.

I'm happiest with pairs if Green/Teal/Magenta form a pair and one is left out. I feel there's solid odds both intruders are in that set. I think the cyan/yellow pair forming is fine.
Purple wrote:Red will likely be an ideal target to be killed with an automaton and being paired with new blue may be a double edged-sword.
For what it's worth, I feel confident I've gone to enough lengths to conceal my identity. I don't think there's any player on this site who would be able to identify me. I also don't think Blue is particularly identifiable at least yet... so I'm not sure why they'd be a particular risk.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:57 pm

Was Blue ever prodded? They haven't posted for 4 days of a 6 day deadline... and there's 1 day left.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:11 am

Indeed. I think their catchup posting so far is, well... fine in form, alarming in content (in particular, the three people they like on page 3 being precisely my current scumpool/sort of the consensus scumpool/the three currently-unpaired individuals, which is unnerving).

In principle I'm open to arguments from Blue about the Green/Teal/Magenta crowd, but I'm doubtful I'll be swayed to the point that I wouldn't want them all gone first. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern right now because I do think the game has good odds of ending once those three are gone. If it does not end, then we can re-evaluate based on what has happened - if no scum are in those three then we'll need some soul-searching (and also we'll need to be extremely careful with our identities, as a single correct guess from scum could end the game). To some degree we may need to weigh exactly how afraid we are of the Automaton mechanic, as if we do fear it, we may need to hasten our solving and not give scum time to suss out who's who. That said, I at least personally suspect that there aren't any pairs that have yet formed that are vulnerable to the mechanic.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:13 pm

In post 205, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 204, Masquerader Red wrote:Indeed. I think their catchup posting so far is, well... fine in form, alarming in content (in particular, the three people they like on page 3 being precisely my current scumpool/sort of the consensus scumpool/the three currently-unpaired individuals, which is unnerving).
well if I'm wrong about my reads it would become obvious when the flips occur no?
Yes, I just wonder how you feel about going so against the grain; your reads list is so starkly against consensus that it feels contrarian, and it makes me curious whether that contrariness is coincidental or intentional (presumably as scum). The read on Green being (presumably, as Yellow implied, though you haven't stated it outright) at least partially meta based is interesting. And I do like the line of posting toward Cyan, there are some good points (the long formal mech post does feel like a scum cliché).

I have mixed feelings on Cyan's responses to Blue on the whole. feels townish to me, it feels earnest and the right amount of defensive. I think it is hard to glean Cyan's internal thought process because they aren't providing a whole lot of justification for where they're coming from most of the time (the main instance of this that I can see is when they agreed with me on the first Blue's "wafflyness" while disagreeing with me on their opening being towny). Cyan's posting reads to me as someone who wants to actively engage with people and to reason with them, and my reading of that right now is that they are an invitee who is trying to work with people, but I wouldn't fault a reading that emphasizes their aiming for agreeability and reasonability as emblematic of valuing appearances over substance.

This is all to say, I think it would be helpful if Cyan could justify some of their reads in more depth, in their own words.

I don't have a strong preference for who gets left out. I don't want whatever pair forms last reaching endgame, essentially irrespective of the left-out masquerader's alignment, and I intend to vote for them first.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:56 am

In post 244, Masquerader Green wrote:whatever
it's plain as day no one actually likes hearing what I have to say
thanks for validating all my worst paranoia, this sucks but I think playing this game was a good choice in the end

also Red sus as fuck for forcing the pairing with Blue despite disagreeing with their reads so much
I know you're on death's door but heavens, this is slanderous.

I offered to dance with Blue and pointed out that Blue hadn't been prodded.

Blue then got replaced.
Then
Blue espoused reads that I disagreed with, and I returned to the thread to find that the new Blue had accepted my invitation. If you were criticizing me for offering to dance with an afk slot, then sure, but your criticism here is factually inaccurate.

Besides that, I would have offered to Blue even after seeing their reads that were very different from mine because they were by a good margin my strongest townread among those still unpaired at that point, and that matters much more than having agreeable reads.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:30 am

In post 256, Masquerader Blue wrote:my read of the gamestate on replace in is that I think both scum were already paired by the time I replaced in because it didn't feel like there was a lot of interest in deciding who the elimination was or who got paired among the final five - it felt like the game was somewhat stagnant by that point and people were just ok with sleepwalking through this part of the game despite it being really the most exciting part.
This is an interesting observation because I did get this vibe to some extent specifically from Purple, because they'd been so involved early on and that involvement tapered off so sharply. I didn't opt to comment on it because their one recent post was to some extent involvement (telling you to pair with me) but moreso because I myself had a kernel of ennui of just wanting to wait for the phase to be over so I could see one of my scumpool-of-three flip and then get on with voting the other two, and I recognized that maybe Purple felt something similar. I am more curious to their take on the new gamestate than anyone else's, given their early posturing - it seemed like they were the kind of player who wanted to control the thread from early on, and their letting that go was somewhat unexpected.
Masquerader Blue wrote:I don't think either of Teal or Magenta really tried very hard to get paired at any point throughout the game and I don't really understand their team strategy if they are a scum team together.
I think it's fair that they're unlikely to both be scum. It would be far too easy an answer and would require scum almost having given up before the game really started.

However. I still think there is good scum equity in the pair. I think your points on Teal have some merit but I think particularly since they were ill and forced to be absent from part of the proceedings, their pairing with both other players is sensible from scum who does not have time to regain their composure. If you were scum and in the situation of having been absent during most pair formation, it's certainly the practical choice to simply get into a pair at all costs, and offering to both others is one way to do that. It can also be self-preservation as town, of course, but I don't think it's enough to give them a free pass.

Magenta's trajectory on me is troubling; they seemingly tried to start something against me and then abandoned it (or at least, let up on the gas) when they couldn't find purchase. in particular is troubling in this way, because it feels like walking back an attempt to throw shade on a widely-townread slot. They'd acknowledged their opinion on me might not be popular, which is fine, but the way in which they toned down their opinion feels like scum who does not want to rock the boat too hard. Their posting about Purple and their overall attempt to PoE things/their insistence on them finding townreads easier to acquire is alright, but I don't think it'd be particularly hard to fake.

VOTE: Teal/Magenta
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:13 pm

In post 258, Masquerader Blue wrote:If Teal+Magenta are not scum/scum then your scum pool is wrong and there is at least one scum in Olive-Yellow-Cyan-Purple.

If there is exactly one scum in Teal + Magenta, which player in Olive/Yellow/Cyan/Purple feels aligned with that scum? I have a hard time seeing a 1-1 relationship between the four and one of teal/magenta .
A great question. If I'm correct, then it becomes twice as easy to answer once I know which one of Teal/Magenta are scum, as I'd only need to think about half as many pairings.

Our PT hasn't had much engagement as of yet but I expect that to change. Olive, I'd quite like to hear from Purple - they haven't spoken in even longer than Magenta, and haven't said anything of substance in much longer. You say they're engaging in your PT. Is there a reason they aren't engaging in the thread?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:27 pm

I'm pretty busy tonight/tomorrow but suffice to say I'm still here.

Olive, is your Magenta read based mostly on that post or is it wholistic?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:06 pm

In post 269, Masquerader Red wrote:Olive, is your Magenta read based mostly on that post or is it wholistic?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:11 pm

I'm the new Red.

I'm the color of love and blood. Maybe God had a kink?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:56 am

Does anyone townread Yellow?

VOTE: Yellow

Yellow stood out to me as someone I want to sort. I also want to see how my townreads react.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:16 pm

Here's the situation

If we have scum paired together, we'll have to lim.
If scum are separate, then we have to do a leave.

Assessing our hoodmates has to be number one here.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:12 am

I think we need to identify T v T hood. Everyone else should leave. Towards that end, might be best if Magenta. I am worried about that given the last flip.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:46 am

In post 384, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 382, Masquerader Red wrote:I think we need to identify T v T hood. Everyone else should leave. Towards that end, might be best if Magenta. I am worried about that given the last flip.
the issue with this strategy is that if there is an s/s hood we just lose
I was going to say no, but I realized that's correct thinking it through.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:36 pm

In post 390, Masquerader Olive wrote:
In post 387, Masquerader Blue wrote:the way magenta is shading teal doesnt really feel theatrey

it is paving the way for an elimination in that pair and i dun see why he would do that unless galaxybraining?

- so if magenta/teal isnt s/s ; then there should be at least one scum in purple/olive/red.

i can see eliminating to flip teal but im worried that if teal is town then we just lose on the spot

i havent ruled out olive/purple being s/s
Not really a fan of this post. You aren’t really taking a stand on anyone. That really isn’t an invitee way to think.
Then why didn't you object to my theorycrafting?

Blue literally just put his reads the post before too...
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:43 am

I'm leaning towards following magenta here. I think it's purple with either teal or olive.

Olive has been doing gotcha style posting over hunting. First Olive treated Blue's thoughts different than mine. I have expressed few reads since coming in. Yet, Blue is the suspicious one after Blue expresses thoughts on purple olive being svs. Olive then asks Teal what happened to a gut read from pages ago.

Purple's attitude to selectively cut off communication doesn't sit well with me. I find it ironic that olive has such a high townread on purple based on meta, but purple attempts to selectively limit that information.

Then, teal is posting things that feel accurate in their own defense. They feel lackluster.

I feel a t v t pair is me and blue. The problem is that I feel the scum in purple/olive have tilted blue off his axis. So if we assume teal scum, eliminate and get t v s. Then more ate from purple and olive, blue leaves because he feels persuading the town in purple and olive to leave is impossible. So we just lose based off of that. Purple's attempt to shut down communication, rather than foster it only drives home this point.

So right now I am at blue and magenta town, 2 out of 3 scum in the others.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:44 am

In post 405, Masquerader Olive wrote:Vote us then and don’t blame us for the loss.
I don't bite on AtE. Ask again and I will vote you.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:30 am

In post 413, Masquerader Magenta wrote:I'm trying to figure out the automaton shit. Olive is basically saying that purple has to be town, because they've as near as shared i.d.s in the PT? They each know each others?

Why the ever living fuck would you do that? Where is the Pro town in that? This feels very much a scum move, locking down the 'truth' to one pt.

I can't see why you'd reveal that much in thread either? If I'm relatively sure of who blue is (I'm not, this is imagine), Ans they know for 100% who red is, that narrows down red by loads.
I don't get the huge concern or advantage in knowing your partner's identity. I didn't read it as they outright claimed to each other as that is foolish. If your partner is scum, all that does is give them the tools to narrow fown everyone else. They have lost the pretense of someone putting on a show. I can't see how that turns protown.

As for knowing me, I'm trying to hide my identity but it's not something I do. I'd most likely play for hiding blue's.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:32 am

In post 414, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 411, Masquerader Red wrote:Purple's attitude to selectively cut off communication doesn't sit well with me. I find it ironic that olive has such a high townread on purple based on meta, but purple attempts to selectively limit that information.
New red, I have no interest in interacting with a player who I have already determined to be intruder and I know is interested in discovering my identity.

The identities of the intruders are easier for me to understand because I have been playing this game since the beginning and have put a lot of time into understanding what is going on.

Currently I am interested only in interacting with you enough that you can understand my thought process and why you should not trust blue.
Interacting with the thread as a whole comes with the risk of outing identities, so I don't get this.

I also don't get the hyper defense of Olive given their attempt on a gotcha on Teal. Regardless of Teal's alignment, that looks pretty fake.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:36 am

In post 415, Masquerader Purple wrote:I would like to communicate with you and have no interest in communicating with blue or teal. I believe it's in your best interest to not write me off as an intruder because you really have not had a chance to interact with me yet at all.

Does what I'm saying so far sound fair to you, red?
Here's the problem.

I don't care for you being unwilling to reassess Olive. This feels less like a conversation and more like you pushing a solve onto me, namely that you and Olive are T v T.

You have to meet me as I am and talk about my concerns rather than just hoping I see blue's absence at some point is scummy.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:48 am

In post 85, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 76, Masquerader Green wrote:
VOTE: Masquerader Yellow

This is where my suspicions point me currently. I do not trust the way they took Purple's post out of context.
In post 82, Masquerader Green wrote:oh I thought this was just gonna be a regular game, huh
UNVOTE: Masquerader Yellow
Green doesn't want to appear aligned with yellow
, and yellow is an intruder; therefore I am deducing that the intruders are green and yellow. Olive was my red herring and teal was red's red herring.

Offer hand: Red

Offer hand: Olive

Offer hand: Blue

Offer hand: Teal

Offer hand: Magenta
Purple's first offer happens to be every player left alive in the game. That would be an odd coinicidence.

Their acceptance might be coordinated. Based on their own admissions

1) Purple did an about face on Olive.
2) Olive originally wanted to pair with red supposedly but changed his mind.
3) Purple wanted hard to identify people to pair with easy to identify people but currently rests on meta knowledge for Olive town.
4) Olive asks Purple to retract invites and Olive accepts 4 minutes later. The rationale is the thought process looked invitee.
5) The awkward you were right I was town.

VOTE: Purple/Olive

I think I want to see this through.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:50 am

In post 419, Masquerader Teal wrote:I don't see why having a gut read 8 days ago has to equate to a strong read now. Not sure what else to tell you, but things change.

VOTE: Purple/olive
This ninja is a bit worrying if Blue is scum but I don't see Teal scum making an agressive move.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:52 am

In post 420, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 417, Masquerader Red wrote:I also don't get the hyper defense of Olive given their attempt on a gotcha on Teal. Regardless of Teal's alignment, that looks pretty fake.
I understand what you're saying and I believe it's logical for you to assume that, though it is incorrect and will explain why.

Olive is frustrated because the teal slot has been viewed as an intruder for most of the game and it has become increasingly obvious to them over time which alignment the slot is playing as. Also, the blue slot wasn't playing for most of the pairing phase and was incorrectly assessed by old red and I (not olive) to be invitee based on the content of the first and only post by the original blue player. New cyan was the first player other than olive to seriously consider that blue might be an intruder. Once I interacted with new cyan and considered what they had to say, olive and I saw eye to eye we became excited because we realized we had solved the game. Now, olive is frustrated because they feel like you have been pocketed by the blue player and we will lose because you will not listen to what we have to say. That is the reason for olive's ate and emotional outburst.
I have to be skeptical of any generic universal read given no intruder flips. Could teal be scum, sure?

I also didn't see a push on cyan which I'd expect if Blue was an intruder.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:59 am

The issue I have with your constant reassessments is, even if accurate, are coming from someone possibly pocketed. The early acceptance doesn't read as a natural progression either.

You've given me few data points to work off of. I worry that if I tell you more about what I want, Olive sees to my identity.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (isolation #40) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:00 am

In post 425, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 423, Masquerader Red wrote:I also didn't see a push on cyan which I'd expect if Blue was an intruder.
Blue pushed cyan at the beginning of the first session. Blue was the first player to seriously push cyan as an intruder.
That wasn't my understanding since I came in and that's when I'd expect it.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:03 am

In post 429, Masquerader Purple wrote:Red, you should unvote because you were unaware that blue was the first player to seriously push cyan, which I have quoted above.
I'll unvote for awhile but it's likely going back. I have work to do.

I want to ask you how often you play with Olive to gauge your accuracy but that's extremely anti-town.

I need you to look at that acceptance of your offer and explain olive's actions.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:04 am

In post 431, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 427, Masquerader Red wrote:The issue I have with your constant reassessments is, even if accurate, are coming from someone possibly pocketed. The early acceptance doesn't read as a natural progression either.
I don't know what you are referring to by early acceptance, and the irony of this statement is that you are just as susceptible to being pocketed by blue as I am to olive.
You and Olive were the first pair to link.

Also, Blue and I are not the same slots so a strategic pocket is unlikely.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (isolation #43) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:05 am

UNVOTE: Purple/Olive
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (isolation #44) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:07 am

In post 434, Masquerader Purple wrote:So far, my impression is that you have received most of your information from blue and have not read the game thoroughly or are attempting to interact with me in good faith. Your decision to vote us instead of listen to what I have to say is reckless.
The good faith part is incredulous. The not reading part is unfair as the person I am or am pretending to be wouldn't read like that or hunt like that.

The vote was reckless. That is fair and that's why I unvoted.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (isolation #45) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:24 am

In post 437, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 433, Masquerader Red wrote:Also, Blue and I are not the same slots so a strategic pocket is unlikely.
I don't understand what this is referring to, there is logically no reason to assume olive and I are any less susceptible to being pocketed than either you or blue.
A pocket is much harder to maintain with multiple people coming and going.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (isolation #46) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:26 am

In post 438, Masquerader Purple wrote:This is a post I wrote earlier in the game which is AI for me being invitee. My wish was to see teal eliminated and magenta be paired with green instead of teal.
This assumes teal scum, which is facts not in evidence. I would agree that if teal is scum, the last scum is blue/olive.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (isolation #47) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:47 am

In post 440, Masquerader Purple wrote:I will give you a detailed response to what you asked, though it would help me if you clarified which offer (my pairing with olive?) and which of olive's actions I must explain.
I'm looking for a detailed explaination of 428. The entire transaction feels off.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:06 am

Olive, how do you know Purple is town?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:07 am

In post 421, Masquerader Red wrote:
In post 85, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 76, Masquerader Green wrote:
VOTE: Masquerader Yellow

This is where my suspicions point me currently. I do not trust the way they took Purple's post out of context.
In post 82, Masquerader Green wrote:oh I thought this was just gonna be a regular game, huh
UNVOTE: Masquerader Yellow
Green doesn't want to appear aligned with yellow
, and yellow is an intruder; therefore I am deducing that the intruders are green and yellow. Olive was my red herring and teal was red's red herring.

Offer hand: Red

Offer hand: Olive

Offer hand: Blue

Offer hand: Teal

Offer hand: Magenta
Purple's first offer happens to be every player left alive in the game. That would be an odd coinicidence.

Their acceptance might be coordinated. Based on their own admissions

1) Purple did an about face on Olive.
2) Olive originally wanted to pair with red supposedly but changed his mind.
3) Purple wanted hard to identify people to pair with easy to identify people but currently rests on meta knowledge for Olive town.
4) Olive asks Purple to retract invites and Olive accepts 4 minutes later. The rationale is the thought process looked invitee.
5) The awkward you were right I was town.

VOTE: Purple/Olive

I think I want to see this through.
This is what I want explained.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (isolation #50) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:12 am

In post 456, Masquerader Purple wrote:This is a lie, blue is unable to guess my identity as are the majority of players on this site. I would not be surprised if they are able to guess olive as I feared they would be findable to a number of intruders. I also doubt that blue is sincere about not caring whether they win or lose this game, I assume they prefer to win as would the majority of players.
How can you know anyone, including Olive, so well and be unidentifiable to most members on this site?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:50 pm

@Olive, you didn't at all get suspicious when they told you their identity? Did you take steps to verify it? Can you address post 460?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:11 pm

I can wait. I appreciate you acknowledging my posts and the fact you haven't answered them wholly. It drives me mad to ask the same thing five times over and not get a response. Makes me automatically think scum. If I know a limitation, I can factor that in. Don't take that as me trusting you. I think this posting is growth as a player, regardless of your alignment.

Also, your speech patterns and thoughts processes are obvious.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (isolation #53) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:32 am

You never trusted me to endgame supposedly. I asked you to see if you would assume I was town and just automatically trust me.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (isolation #54) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:27 am

Purple, I am stuck in a very difficult situation. You and Olive are townreading each other based on meta that I cannot assess. Blue outright called you a liar based on your meta (which I didn't object to because it's fair to obscure identity). I want to assess if I am wrong on Blue, but it feels impossible. I can't ask you to out obviously, especially if Blue took a wrong guess at you.

If I ignore meta, then I'm stuck with the problematic timeline I described before. Given elo, I'm trying not to tunnel but your relationship feels like it has a scum.

Do you think you can help without outing identity?

Can you give me something on Blue besides they want to leave?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #494 (isolation #55) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:28 am

From my perspective, Blue is tilted and has given up hope.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:24 am

In post 527, Masquerader Teal wrote:If anyone's around and wants to talk, I'll be here. Right now I'm trying to catch up. I think that it'll be better for me to get into the game though if I can real time.
Can you focus on Purple and Olive? I am struggling with their relationship.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”