False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #982 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 980, fireisredsir wrote:i think its probably better (and more fun) if as few people as possible are easily identifiable as their mains, and so everything is confined to only this game rather than outside meta getting brought in, but its kinda unavoidable when most people who play here know each other lol
Tbh I didn't try to tell people who I was, but since I didn't actively try to
mask
it, and my style is literally the most unique thing on mafiascum (plurality helps a lot in that regard :P), I legit didn't bother submitting N1 picks specifically because I knew I couldn't win. :P

(Basically, I didn't actively try to make people know it was me, but I didn't feel like trying to hide it was me, so I just posted, and because I just posted, I did the things I always do. Which is, well--uniquely me.)

I appreciate the carry from people ignoring my wrong setup spec, getting a guilty, and telling me who to shoot tho. All I really had to do was be a PR and be able to be me convincingly so.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #984 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 pm

Post by mastina »

Btw on the setup:
I feel like this setup would be balanced if it was not known the Things had no power roles, but knowing that every power role had to be town, I do think the setup was townsided, here.

For it to not be, assimilation needed to be more viable than it actually was. I thought that we had only three power roles--the 1x cop, the 1x "messenger" (friendly neighbor), and the 1x vig--because that was three conftown, and that we
maybe
had room for like a 1x doctor (or as it turned out, x-shot bodyguard).

With the knowledge that Things had no PRs, that's about the level I'd expect for town power, but we had another investigative on top of that.

If we didn't have the knowledge of Things not having PRs, then I think the town has the perfect level of town power; this setup would be close to the balanced range in a mini normal, for instance. The lack of flips and Things having the assimilation mechanic would aid the scum, as would the lack of knowing for sure some things.

But imo, it needed to be one of the two, not both.
We needed either fewer PRs with the knowledge we had, or the number of PRs with less knowledge than we had.

That said, obviously, scum elimination with scum guilty and town being right on the third meant scum got a disproportionately bad start, and I think the win was
mostly
from good play, but I def think it was townsided at least somewhat.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #985 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 983, Freedom wrote:TBH I didn't figure you out until Fuchs pointed out your use of :P. (I thought that you were Math.)
I get that a lot, it seems every time I play an anon alt game people assume I'm either Titus or MathBlade, usually MathBlade. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1049 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1018, KittyTacky wrote:Plural gang.
Yup, we do a lot of discovery on the discord for that. (And the mafiascum speakeasy thread.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”