Heroscape on forums (playtest)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Heroscape on forums (playtest)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by roseheart »

I've got heroScape. Would you like to play heroScape?

Spoiler: Map
King's Hill: A simple map for the playtest.

Spoiler: Rules
This will use
standard rules
, but there are some exceptions! These changes were to minimize rolls and keep the scale small.

If you don't know a thing about Heroscape, fret not! You can just wing it. Your card will tell you most of what a unit can do.

Spoiler: Custom Scenario: Hero Arena (current)
(This is a playtest, so these rules will be revised if I want to alter the test.)

-Lasts 15 turns, most points wins.
-Join/dropout/rejoin at any time.
-Heroes only, no squads.
-Random units of wildly varying power.
You play as 1 hero.

-You get a fraction of an enemy units' points (rounded up) when you do HP damage to it. If a unit heals, only damage past their minimum gives points.
-No order markers. You roll initiative once when spawned. This will be its' permanent initiative stat.
-If you drop out/mulligan, half your unit's points (rounded down) are subtracted from your score. Can go negative.
-Units/players will spawn on water tiles and cannot attack or be attacked until they exit. You cannot choose to move onto a water tile.
-You can form alliances. If two players say they will "truce with..." the other, their units share synergy abilities, and move through each other freely.
-Turns will be sent by PM.

I'll probably add some kind of shop system to spend accumulated, we'll see...

Spoiler: Stance (auto-behavior)
All players take a turn at the same time. I'm adding a new mechanic for a mode you can switch between turns, called 'Stances':
>Balanced: Your default stance. If a unit you planned to attack dies, you will instead attack the nearest unallied unit, unless it would cause you to lose height or enter/leave engagement when you wouldn't have otherwise.
>Defensive: If a unit with higher initiative makes it so your action would cause you to enter/leave engagement with a unit you didn't plan to, you stop before then, and only attack if able.
>Aggressive: If a unit you planned to attack dies, you attack the nearest unallied unit.
>Passive: A unit won't do any automatic actions.

My collection is a bit limited, but it's a pretty eclectic mix from several different sets. I will only be adding units to the pool that I feel will fit the expedited format. I'm just going to add to the list as I shuffle through my cards and draw something I think will work, so I won't be listing them in advance.

We can start with 2 players, but many may join. Sign up by simply posting 'IN'.
Last edited by roseheart on Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by roseheart »

Reserved.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher