AI and Social Games

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

AI and Social Games

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Klick »

LSGs are going to be taken over by the AI overlords

Here's Meme playing press Diplomacy against competent AI

ChatGPT gave actual good Survivor advice

Spoiler: talking to ChatGPT about Survivor
Klick: Are you familiar with the reality show Survivor?

ChatGPT: Yes, I am familiar with the reality show Survivor. Survivor is a popular American reality television show that first aired in 2000. The show features a group of contestants who are stranded on a remote island and compete against each other in various challenges in order to survive and advance in the game. The last remaining contestant wins a cash prize and the title of "Sole Survivor."

Klick: What kind of strategy would make someone likely to win Survivor?

ChatGPT: There are many different strategies that can help someone win Survivor. Some key strategies include building strong alliances with other players, being able to adapt to changing situations, and being able to win challenges. Additionally, being able to manipulate other players and form strategic voting alliances can also be very useful in the game. It's also important to avoid being seen as a threat by other players and to try to fly under the radar as much as possible. Ultimately, the key to winning Survivor is to be able to outlast and outplay the other players.

Klick: How do you build strong alliances? How can you tell if an alliance in the game is beneficial to you rather than the other players?

ChatGPT: Building strong alliances in Survivor is all about being able to trust and work well with other players. This means being willing to listen to other players' ideas and opinions, being able to compromise and make deals, and being willing to help other players when they need it. It's also important to be able to communicate effectively and be honest with other players.

To determine if an alliance in the game is beneficial to you, you need to consider a few key factors. First, you should consider the other players in the alliance and whether they are trustworthy and reliable. You also need to consider whether the alliance will help you advance in the game and whether it will give you a better chance of winning. Additionally, you should consider whether the alliance will put you in a better position to make strategic moves and avoid being voted off the island. Ultimately, the decision to join an alliance should be based on a careful analysis of the potential benefits and drawbacks.

Klick: What are some signs that it is time to betray an ally?

ChatGPT: There are a few key signs that it may be time to betray an ally in Survivor. One of the most important signs is if your ally is becoming a threat to your chances of winning the game. If your ally is winning challenges and gaining power, they may become a target for other players, and you may need to consider voting them off the island in order to improve your own chances of winning.

Another sign that it may be time to betray an ally is if your ally is no longer being helpful to you or is no longer committed to the alliance. If your ally is not pulling their weight or is starting to make moves that are not in your best interests, it may be time to consider betraying them in order to protect your own interests.

Finally, if you have a chance to join a new alliance that is stronger and more beneficial to you, it may be time to betray your current ally in order to advance in the game. Ultimately, the decision to betray an ally should be based on a careful analysis of the situation and a consideration of your own chances of winning

Klick: How do you assess your own chances of winning?

ChatGPT: Assessing your own chances of winning in Survivor is all about being able to evaluate your own strengths and weaknesses, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the other players. Some key factors to consider when assessing your chances of winning include your performance in challenges, your social and strategic skills, and your standing within the tribe or alliance.

To assess your performance in challenges, you should consider your physical strength and endurance, your mental acuity, and your ability to work well with others. You should also consider whether you have any specific skills or abilities that could give you an advantage in challenges.

To assess your social and strategic skills, you should consider how well you are able to build and maintain alliances with other players, how well you are able to manipulate and persuade other players, and how well you are able to avoid being seen as a threat.

Finally, to assess your standing within the tribe or alliance, you should consider your relationships with other players, your reputation within the tribe, and your position within the hierarchy of the alliance. By carefully considering all of these factors, you should be able to get a sense of your own chances of winning and make strategic decisions accordingly.

Klick: Once you have reached the Final Tribal Council, how can you assess your chances of receiving enough votes from the jury to win the game? What can be done to sway the jury in your favor?

ChatGPT: Reaching the Final Tribal Council is a significant accomplishment in Survivor, but it is not a guarantee of victory. In order to win the game at the Final Tribal Council, you need to be able to convince the jury members to vote for you.

To assess your chances of receiving enough votes from the jury to win the game, you should consider a few key factors. First, you should evaluate your relationships with the jury members and whether they are likely to vote for you. You should also consider the reasons why the jury members may vote for or against you, and whether you have any persuasive arguments that could sway them in your favor. Additionally, you should consider the other players who are also at the Final Tribal Council and how they are likely to be perceived by the jury.

To sway the jury in your favor, you can use a few different strategies. First, you can try to appeal to the jury members' emotions and make a personal connection with them. This means being genuine and sincere, and showing them [
ChatGPT froze at this point
]

I wonder what practical applications this could have for us
Maybe if someone starts sending messages that are too long we can just ask ChatGPT to respond for us
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Ythan »

This isn't my field but a means for it to more easily read a whole thread (or more) without awkwardly entering things into the input we have now seems like it would be productive.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Klick »

Spoiler: My first attempt at getting ChatGPT to answer PMs for me, featuring Ferret
Klick: Please provide a friendly response to the following message: 'Hi there, Dolphin. Thanks for sitting down with me today. I am very tired, but I wanted to reach out to you before I napped. For the next day or so, you'll be my top priority until we get acclimated to one another.

My partner is doing a lot better. I can hear them moving around in the kitchen now, humming of all things. Intravenous fluids do wonders to combat severe dehydration, not to mention most of the day in bed.

Anyway, enough about me, I'm here to interview you, the newest member of our little band. We here at the Critter Chronicle appreciate your candor as we try to get our humble publication off the ground.

Why don't we trade questions? We can start simple and work up to the more interesting stuff as we go.

My favorite vegetable is actually the humble onion! It goes with so many things, makes everything better.

What's your favorite ice cream?'

ChatGPT: Hello there! It's great to meet you. I'm happy to hear that your partner is doing better and that you're taking the time to interview me. I don't have a favorite ice cream flavor, as I'm just a virtual assistant and don't have the ability to taste or eat. But I'm here to help answer any questions you may have. Let's trade questions and get to know each other better!

Klick: Make your response longer and more detailed.

ChatGPT: Sure, I'd be happy to provide a longer and more detailed response to your message. First of all, I want to say that it's really nice to meet you and I'm glad that you're taking the time to interview me. I'm a large language model trained by OpenAI, so I don't have the ability to taste or eat, but I'm here to help answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability.

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling tired, but I hope that taking a nap will help you feel better. It sounds like your partner is doing much better after receiving intravenous fluids, which is great to hear. It's important to stay hydrated and take care of ourselves when we're feeling unwell.

You mentioned that you're a member of a publication called the Critter Chronicle, which is really interesting. I'm looking forward to learning more about your publication and how I can help you with your work.

As for your question about my favorite vegetable, I'm sorry but I'm not able to have favorites as I'm just a virtual assistant and don't have personal preferences. However, I think onions are a very versatile vegetable that can be used in many different dishes, and they certainly do add a lot of flavor to many dishes.

I hope that this longer and more detailed response has been helpful. Let's continue to trade questions and get to know each other better. I'm here to help and answer any questions you may have.

This might work if my character was Robot instead of Dolphin!
Searl
Searl
He/Him
Townie
Searl
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:45 am

Post by Searl »

I got it to work for a little while!