Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 974, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 973, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 969, Lukewarm wrote:And since I have been in a game with you in which you ignored mod revealed info based on the strength of your reads, so I thought you were the one of the two of you lying (incorrect).

I was not trying to make any statements about your character, I was trying to piece together what was happening in a game where I am given a fraction of the information. The Game Of Mafia
Did you consider that I was unaware of the difference between "bastard" and "nonbastard" games when I accused catboi of having a changeling role? Did you bother to check my account and see how many games I had actually completed on this website at the time I played KTANE? Did you consider that I eventually accepted in KTANE that my read was impossible and resigned myself to being policy eliminated for my mistake? Did you consider that I may have learned from my mistake that and been less likely to repeat a similar one now, rather than more likely?
Granted, I don't think it was particularly likely that Roden was lying either. If the options you have available are limited to scenarios where you strongly townread us both, I do think it was more likely objectively that roden was lying, because you are essentially claiming that I am more likely to ignore an inno report than Roden is to fake claim a guilty, which doesn't seem true?
Part of this belief I held came from you actively saying that people should not trust his message because of your informed role. I thought that *your role* made you more inclined to ignore mod info.
Specifically what I meant about the character thing was:

1) the assumption that I was ignoring information in KTANE deliberately rather than being very unfamiliar with the distinction between bastard and non bastard theme games

2) taking that example and claiming that because of it, I am more likely to ignore mod confirmed information when I believe strongly in my reads, which is not a true statement

That's just what upset me specifically here.

Finally, I am sorry that I said you were an awful player a lot, in my opinion you were correct that I was not really listening to you this game because I was biased about your incorrect read on me in Lost. I no longer think my experience there is reflective of how you usually sort players, I now believe that you can play town well and you just made a mistake in Lost.
Thank you for the apology, and I am sorry if my posting seemed like I was speaking negatively of your character. I was just trying to piece together what was happening given the situation. I still dont think that Roden EVER does that move as scum, in that position. (and to be clear, the position that he was in was a heavy factor). We judged that last statement differently, which led us to different conclusion.

I did end up shifting my view a bit, that the discrepancy might have been on the Roden end of the equation with a bit of time.

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 954, RH wrote:
Players
Resident - N.Y. M

Resident - JohnnyFarrar

Pensioner - Bell

Pensioner - Andresvmb

Attendant - The Bombay (Lukewarm and marcistar)

Proponent - Star Power/Roden

Clerk - Frogsterking/Morning Tweet

Publican - furtiveglance

Speculator - Flavia/Scarfsmanship

Consul - DeasVail

Opponent - Kokabiel

Collaborator - Herta

Collaborator - Passenger

Chancellor - PenguinPower
All in all, I am pretty happy with this game.

I had johnny, bell, roden, and furtive all in my town pile. (4/4) (Frog was here, but the slot did slowly fall out of this tier after MT repped in)

Marci and I were mainly suspicious of Deas, Koka, Passenger, and Falvia (3/4)

I had had nearly zero thoughts on Herta.

I think that the biggest thread to bamboozling us this game was PP, because I was starting to think that he was town towards the end of the 1v1v1 that happened near the end of day 1.
Nonexistent Hydra
Nonexistent Hydra
They/Them
Townie
Nonexistent Hydra
They/Them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:10 pm

Post by Nonexistent Hydra »

Did the scum pt ever get released?
Schrodinger hydra of Mastina and ND39

RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by RH »

In post 977, Nonexistent Hydra wrote:Did the scum pt ever get released?
Not yet.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”