False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 14, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
White Knight
03/13/2022
Mastina replaced into a fairly directionless/lethargic gamestate and immediately nailed the entire scum team of 3 within a POE of 4 and rallied her townreads to her side and forced the eliminations of the entire scum team.
Without her replace in I think the scum team just takes a fairly leisurely stroll to a win but she managed to turn the game around with very strong dayplay that was absolutely relentless in forcing the elimination of all of the mafia faction.
Hey, I
am
an Ashe onetrick!

I
know
how to pilot my champion!

That translates to playing mafia on her, too, apparently! (How else would you explain me being 2-0 on her? :P)

(also, will be making a nomination or two when I have more time/energy)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by mastina »

Community Contributor
3/18/2022 mastina Datisi (A Speakeasy thread so, link might not be allowed? Will edit in here if allowed--it's "art based off of your avatars") This thread is already shaping up to be one of the most incredible threads of mafiascum of all time. I'm not sure if 'community contributor' is the right award for it, but I don't have any other idea of what would be the appropriate award for honoring Datisi's
incredible
work from that thread, which is genuinely an incredible contribution to the community.

Post of the Year
3/18/2022 mastina Datisi this glorious post Okay so some context for anyone not familiar with Not_Mafia:
This is the post that Not_Mafia always opens games with.

Not_Mafia will, on policy,
always
hammer a player at L-1 in any game Not_Mafia plays in. To the point where there's a rule in Not_Mafia games universally understood; any L-2 is actually an L-1 if Not_Mafia is off of the wagon because Not_Mafia will hammer the wagon if it is at L-1.

Not_Mafia is one of the players most associated with Miltank.

Combine these all together, and then look at the post, and you will understand why it is the greatest post ever made.

Hannibal Lecter
3/18/2022 mastina NorwegianboyEE CONTROL Norwee had one of the best arsonist performances of all time.

Norwee had a lot working against them.

As an arsonist, your kills are delayed.

You need to douse every single player you wish to kill, then spend a night to ignite. So douse, ignite, douse, ignite. Or if you want to play the long game, douse douse douse douse douse and eventually an ignite. In a game with 21 players, that meant that in order for Norwee to win, they needed to douse every single living player--in a game where, between eliminations, vig kills, and the mafia kills, there was extra challenges to be had since they needed to douse every
living
player.

There were additional challenges beyond the normal, too. Norwee's arsonist was a Loud action. Everyone doused knew that they were doused. This made surprising individuals with it all the harder. Beyond that, the flavor of the arson, mold, made it obvious that the action was malevolent because of the source material. With it obviously being malevolent, the mold was something Norwee would struggle to get going.

On top of that, Norwee could not douse the town ascetic, so as long as the town ascetic was alive, Norwee would have been unable to win.

Norwee also had some incredibly bad luck when it came to his mold targets. Many of them were eliminated directly after being molded. In one case, Norwee even molded a bodyguard the night the bodyguard got off a successful protect. And the mold was even thought, by some town players, to potentially be a scum gambit, which meant that there was pressure to eliminate the molded players.

Thanks to a role that could communicate with the dead thread and communicate with the living once dead, Norwee couldn't even fakeclaim having been molded without the risk of being outed. So when it got down to the wire, Norwee was arguably suspicious due to how they were
not
molded--or so, you would think.

The truly impressive part of this performance is that
nobody suspected Norwee at all

And I need to reiterate how impressive that feat is. Nobody suspected Norwee at all for basically the entirety of the game. Not seriously, anyway. Not even on the last day. Not even by the scum. Why this is so noteworthy is that the last day had 6 players alive. With there being two mafia left, and
on top of
the mafia, having a third party: that meant there was
only three town players in the game
. And Norwee was thought to be one of those three by EVERYONE. Including the scum. EVERYONE thought that Norwee was one of the three town players in the final day phase.

Now, the mafia thinking so was due to an outplay on Norwee's end, where the mafia roleblocked Norwee thinking that Norwee was the arsonist and then Norwee's douse went through in spite of the roleblock due to being immune to roleblock, which threw the scumteam off. And when the votes came down, the player being voted out did have passing thoughts of suspicion on Norwee. But basically, for
the entirety of the game
, nobody thought Norwee was anything except town.

And to reiterate: Norwee NEEDED the town ascetic dead in order to win. Without the town ascetic dead, Norwee could not win.

And then Norwee got that elimination anyway.

Norwee needed to not be shot in order to win--and thanks to the previous "threw scum off" outplay from Norwee being immune to roleblocks, Norwee managed that. And...

BOOM.

Ignited.

Norwee managed to, in spite of terrible luck on douse targets, keep enough douse targets alive to have everyone doused on the final day.

Though Norwee didn't get the solo-win because of the mechanics of the scum roles and the interaction with the arsonist mechanics, the tie for the win was something Norwee very much earned.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 17, RH9 wrote:
In post 16, mastina wrote:
Post of the Year
3/18/2022 mastina Datisi this glorious post Okay so some context for anyone not familiar with Not_Mafia:

always
hammer a player at L-1 in any game Not_Mafia plays in. To the point where there's a rule in Not_Mafia games universally understood; any L-2 is actually an L-1 if Not_Mafia is off of the wagon because Not_Mafia will hammer the wagon if it is at L-1.

Combine these all together, and then look at the post, and you will understand why it is the greatest post ever made.
I can't see the post.
It's a speakeasy post, but I don't have a way to give a Post of the Year without a link to a post even though you normally aren't supposed to link to the speakeasy outside of it. :?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:32 am

Post by mastina »

Community Contributor
3/18/2022 mastina Datisi For this thread and its speakeasy predecessor This thread is already shaping up to be one of the most incredible threads of mafiascum of all time. I'm not sure if 'community contributor' is the right award for it, but I don't have any other idea of what would be the appropriate award for honoring Datisi's
incredible
work from that thread, which is genuinely an incredible contribution to the community.

Post of the Year

always

Resubmitting these, with their GD equivalents!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:25 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
10/22/22 mastina Lukewarm, Dannflor, Ydrasse Datisi's Cafe This was a heavy town stomp, but I would mostly call it the key work of these three players in particular that really clutched the win. On D1, it was Lukewarm who managed to point out a page one scumslip by Ircher. While this was far from the only reason for Ircher to be scum and Lukewarm was not the only player to push him, it was this early suspicion that condemned Ircher and guaranteed a D1 elimination on scum, setting the scum vastly behind.

Lukewarm then continued the push on a second scum, Titus, and fought hard against the eventual town elimination that day phase. His push was enough to greatly influence the death of the second scum, Titus, but he couldn't have pulled it off without the next player.

Dannflor replaced in on D2. He replaced a fairly scumread slot that hadn't contributed much, and then proceeded to synergize with Lukewarm, HARD-pushing Titus in a way that basically hard-cleared his slot. This hard-push from him effectively established him as town from the onset, effectively giving the scum no wiggle room. He couldn't be mislimmed and he was pushing for the elimination of scum, so his presence was vital.

However, what
truly
sealed the game was Ydrasse's D3 gambit. Ydrasse opened with a soft-guilty claim implied to be a PT cop. But Ydrasse's actual role/claim managed to guarantee Titus was caught in a lie.

With two scum dead in three days, the scum were effectively left with no way to live, and the rest of the nontown fell in quick succession.
Speaking of Dannflor replacing in tho...

White Knight
10/22/22 mastina Dannflor Datisi's Cafe I don't know how Dannflor does it, but damn, does he manage to do it.
I realize Dannflor is already the current holder of the White Knight award, but I genuinely think his performance is worthy of holding it in back to back years, because he did it again. He replaced into a widely-scumread slot, managed to quickly turn it into universally townread, and he brought the town together to eliminate scum after scum. He immediately caught Titus, and his reaching out to others and reasoning things out was a method to help the town get a near-flawless victory in the end.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:15 am

Post by mastina »

(Just as a note, I need to write up nominations for LLD as Paragon, Datisi as Paragon, and Klick as maybe-Paragon or at least Moment of Brilliance for his multiple town wins he was instrumental in. Among others.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:17 am

Post by mastina »

In post 66, mastina wrote:(Just as a note, I need to write up nominations for LLD as Paragon, Datisi as Paragon, and Klick as maybe-Paragon or at least Moment of Brilliance for his multiple town wins he was instrumental in. Among others.)
(Also, mod nominations.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/20/2023 mastina Yume, Gamma Emerald, Flea The Magician (maybe more, idk who to nom exactly and these were the challengers) Legend of the Hidden Temple IV This was a flawless town win--
flawless
. Four scum dead, zero town dead. I wasn't really involved in the process that much so I wouldn't be able to really speak as to who the highest contributors were, but I know that there were in fact high contributors to that outcome.

Apparently, At least
in theory
, the theoretical %EV for the town to win is 33% for the setup (in practice probably higher), but to have a
flawless
victory is even more impressive. A perfect town game, in a setup that shouldn't be THAT much of a town stomp. A very impressive outcome, to say the least.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by mastina »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1-20-2023 mastina Lady LambdaDelta Lady LambdaDelta has had an incredibly strong year as a town player, regardless of win or loss.

In CONTROL, she blocked the N1 scum janitor kill as a doctor, and was the N2 scum nightkill. While her dayplay didn't define the game, her reads were still good, having identified both Ircher and Cephrir as scum. She genuinely couldn't have done more to help the town.

In Subreddit uPick, she identified all three scum--and even managed to be among the players to have suspected a false-clear on the scum. She had--from having personally received a result she knew should've made the sender conftown--the game sense to
somehow
figure out that, actually, it was a fake-clear, a pseudo-Godfather. She led the elimination on two of the three scum and by virtue of having some sense of a mechanic falsely clearing the third, would have definitely advocated for that, if not for her having been killed by a roundabout strongman action (which was needed).

While in the gamethread LLD's contribution wasn't crucial (as far as I can tell) from memory, behind the scenes she did a lot in Ginngie's uPick to help the town win that game.

In House of the Dragons, LLD was
the
reason the town didn't lose. The town had, previously, established that Datisi would need to die before lylo, at 7p (at that point). Even the most paranoid of them hadn't really considered doing it with 9p or even 11p. The people who wanted Datisi to die wanted to have it be done through the Challenge mechanic, next available on the next day. And with only 3 scum alive, the town had no reason not to wait, by all appearances.
Except, if the town didn't eliminate scum at that 13p mark, the scum had navigated control over the mechanics such that they could've endgamed the town. So it was actually
vital
for the town to eliminate scum that day.
The town had no reason to eliminate Datisi that day before LLD chimed in. They had their own vague/generic ideas of how they would deal with Datisi eventually, but Datisi wasn't on their minds until LLD forced the issue. LLD literally won the game for the town when it otherwise would've been lost.

All in all, she has shown a remarkably strong contribution to every town game I have seen her play.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #74 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by mastina »

Game of the Year
1/20/2023 mastina SirCakez CONTROL One of the best games of the year in how notable it was. It was fairly close the entire time and any of the three factions could have won the game, with it being remarkably competitive. The town played well, Norwee did incredibly in spite of their terrible douse target luck, and the entire time was a thrill ride. It was relatively well-balanced/designed and a good time, relatively free of toxicity too! A great game, well-designed, and well-executed.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #75 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by mastina »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/20/2023 mastina Lukewarm Lukewarm has had a quite good year as town. In Subreddit uPick, he was vital in both the scum eliminations, incredibly obviously town, and almost won the game for the town by virtue of being able to figure out things by PoE and having continued the legacy of dead town that suspected the false-clear as being false.

In The Thing Mafia, as Fuchs, he not only used his power role quite well, but also helped to eliminate the scum by virtue of directing the vig to the correct shot.

In Datisi's Cafe, he was the first to catch the scumslip of the scum eliminated on D1 and near-singlehandedly (he was one of two) the reason for another scum elimination, eating the scum nightkill as a VT the night after.

In House of Dragons, he was correctly suspect of both Dwlee and Datisi in spite of the cross-bus between the two, and probably could have done far more if not for the fact he was the N1 scum nightkill.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #77 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/20/2023 mastina Klick Not Quite Normal Multiball II Klick was, basically, the reason the town won the game. It's a bit hard to describe the process for why, but basically, Klick was incredibly clutch in singlehandedly carrying the town. He had good reads and he used his status as conftown to direct the town to eliminate the final scum. He had an incredibly strong showing; without him, the town very realistically could've failed.

Game of the Year
1/20/2023 mastina Cephrir Not Quite Normal Multiball II Genuinely one of my favorite experiences the whole year, even when dead! The game was quite competitive the entire time, with all factions playing well in both dayplay and nightplay. It was well-balanced and well-run, and was one of the most fun games I've had in a long time. While it wasn't free of toxicity altogether, it was still far more good than bad, with mostly good vibes throughout.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #78 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by mastina »

Game of the Year
1/20/2023 mastina Datisi Datisi's Cafe Hands-down a favorite of the year, this game was excellent across the board. It was hilarious, and also quite fun. The way the mechanic played out was quite interesting and the events were memorable. It's one of my core memories of the year and was basically THE game I think of for a game of the year.

Mad Scientist
1/20/2023 mastina Datisi Datisi's Cafe The productivity mechanic for town power roles was brilliant, helping to create a game which forced a focus on dayplay, for every power role in the game had a cost to be used. It was very unique and handled quite excellently, and was a truly brilliant innovation. The idea of productivity at a cafe and the drain of capitalism meant that flavor was implemented as a core mechanic, in a way that is incredibly unique and memorable.

Paperback Writer
1/20/2023 mastina Datisi Datisi's Cafe Datisi's flavor is always top-notch and drop-dead hilarious and this game was no exception. The flavor was intricate, and it fit perfectly. Roles and flavor were integrated flawlessly, with the very core mechanic being integral to the flavor and vice-versa. Every vc delivered a banger.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #79 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by mastina »

Game of the Year
1/20/2023 mastina Ydrasse TFT uPick I died on D1 from a scum daykill, and yet it is still one of my favorite games for the entire year from just how much FUN it was. It was a blast, and an experience. I laughed a lot and just had a good time. It was a great time and had a lot of memorable, and hilarious, moments.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #80 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:56 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/20/2023 mastina Lukewarm (as Fuchs), Datisi (as Palmer), skitter30 (as MacReady), maybe more? (maybe fireisredsir as Lars?) The Thing Mafia Just about as flawless of a town win as possible--a scum elimination on D1, a cop guilty N1, a scum elimination D2, and a successfully-directed vig on the final scum N2. It was impossible for the town to have done any better than they did, and it was largely on merit of play rather than role (which, roles were still used quite well too).

A perfect town game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #81 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by mastina »

Game of the Year
1/20/2023 mastina PookyTheMagicalBear House of the Dragon Certainly one of the most competitive games of the year, with a lot of the biggest names on mafiascum, with a good mechanic and high levels of play from both factions. There's a reason so many of the players from this game have received nominations for Paragon, Don Corelone, etc. It was
that
high-skilled of a game, and the skill was on full display with the game being close to a scum win on D4 and was still looking like a scum win until the clutch moment on D5 that turned the game around and gave the town the path to win. From there, it was a town stomp (since the scum couldn't exploit the existing vulnerabilities to recover), but the game was theoretically winnable or loseable for both factions for the majority of the game, balanced on a knife's edge the entire time until the final coup de grace that ended the game as it began:

With the election of a MAD KING. (Who then uses that authority to execute one final player.)

There could be no more perfect end to a game than that.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #82 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/20/2023 mastina Frogsterking, ActionDan, maybe more Community Redux A definitive town stomp. It was
almost
a perfect game. While the town eliminated a town player who killed town instead of scum, it was close to a perfect game and was incredibly well-played.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #83 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by mastina »

Rising Star
1/20/2023 mastina fireisredsir fireisredsir is quickly becoming one of the most talented newer players in the game. fire put on an impressive display in Datisi's Cafe coming up with a good claim on the fly (so good, it got him killed by the serial killer), another impressive scum game from Warrior Cats Mafia, as Lars was the N1 nightkill in The Thing, and the swing player in the town win of House of the Dragon--while he was voting with scum the game was looking like a scum win, and it was his swap to voting the scum that shifted momentum into a town win.

Strong performances as both alignments, he's only getting better and better with time.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #84 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by mastina »

(I apologize if I missed anyone worthy of nomination, I can't think of any more rn so if I missed someone nomination-worthy I do apologize.)

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”