mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by mastina »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/20/2023 mastina Lukewarm Lukewarm has had a quite good year as town. In Subreddit uPick, he was vital in both the scum eliminations, incredibly obviously town, and almost won the game for the town by virtue of being able to figure out things by PoE and having continued the legacy of dead town that suspected the false-clear as being false.

In The Thing Mafia, as Fuchs, he not only used his power role quite well, but also helped to eliminate the scum by virtue of directing the vig to the correct shot.

In Datisi's Cafe, he was the first to catch the scumslip of the scum eliminated on D1 and near-singlehandedly (he was one of two) the reason for another scum elimination, eating the scum nightkill as a VT the night after.

In House of Dragons, he was correctly suspect of both Dwlee and Datisi in spite of the cross-bus between the two, and probably could have done far more if not for the fact he was the N1 scum nightkill.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Nth LLD & Lukewarm
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/20/2023 mastina Klick Not Quite Normal Multiball II Klick was, basically, the reason the town won the game. It's a bit hard to describe the process for why, but basically, Klick was incredibly clutch in singlehandedly carrying the town. He had good reads and he used his status as conftown to direct the town to eliminate the final scum. He had an incredibly strong showing; without him, the town very realistically could've failed.

Game of the Year
1/20/2023 mastina Cephrir Not Quite Normal Multiball II Genuinely one of my favorite experiences the whole year, even when dead! The game was quite competitive the entire time, with all factions playing well in both dayplay and nightplay. It was well-balanced and well-run, and was one of the most fun games I've had in a long time. While it wasn't free of toxicity altogether, it was still far more good than bad, with mostly good vibes throughout.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by mastina »

Game of the Year
1/20/2023 mastina Datisi Datisi's Cafe Hands-down a favorite of the year, this game was excellent across the board. It was hilarious, and also quite fun. The way the mechanic played out was quite interesting and the events were memorable. It's one of my core memories of the year and was basically THE game I think of for a game of the year.

Mad Scientist
1/20/2023 mastina Datisi Datisi's Cafe The productivity mechanic for town power roles was brilliant, helping to create a game which forced a focus on dayplay, for every power role in the game had a cost to be used. It was very unique and handled quite excellently, and was a truly brilliant innovation. The idea of productivity at a cafe and the drain of capitalism meant that flavor was implemented as a core mechanic, in a way that is incredibly unique and memorable.

Paperback Writer
1/20/2023 mastina Datisi Datisi's Cafe Datisi's flavor is always top-notch and drop-dead hilarious and this game was no exception. The flavor was intricate, and it fit perfectly. Roles and flavor were integrated flawlessly, with the very core mechanic being integral to the flavor and vice-versa. Every vc delivered a banger.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by mastina »

Game of the Year
1/20/2023 mastina Ydrasse TFT uPick I died on D1 from a scum daykill, and yet it is still one of my favorite games for the entire year from just how much FUN it was. It was a blast, and an experience. I laughed a lot and just had a good time. It was a great time and had a lot of memorable, and hilarious, moments.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:56 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/20/2023 mastina Lukewarm (as Fuchs), Datisi (as Palmer), skitter30 (as MacReady), maybe more? (maybe fireisredsir as Lars?) The Thing Mafia Just about as flawless of a town win as possible--a scum elimination on D1, a cop guilty N1, a scum elimination D2, and a successfully-directed vig on the final scum N2. It was impossible for the town to have done any better than they did, and it was largely on merit of play rather than role (which, roles were still used quite well too).

A perfect town game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by mastina »

Game of the Year
1/20/2023 mastina PookyTheMagicalBear House of the Dragon Certainly one of the most competitive games of the year, with a lot of the biggest names on mafiascum, with a good mechanic and high levels of play from both factions. There's a reason so many of the players from this game have received nominations for Paragon, Don Corelone, etc. It was
that
high-skilled of a game, and the skill was on full display with the game being close to a scum win on D4 and was still looking like a scum win until the clutch moment on D5 that turned the game around and gave the town the path to win. From there, it was a town stomp (since the scum couldn't exploit the existing vulnerabilities to recover), but the game was theoretically winnable or loseable for both factions for the majority of the game, balanced on a knife's edge the entire time until the final coup de grace that ended the game as it began:

With the election of a MAD KING. (Who then uses that authority to execute one final player.)

There could be no more perfect end to a game than that.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/20/2023 mastina Frogsterking, ActionDan, maybe more Community Redux A definitive town stomp. It was
almost
a perfect game. While the town eliminated a town player who killed town instead of scum, it was close to a perfect game and was incredibly well-played.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by mastina »

Rising Star
1/20/2023 mastina fireisredsir fireisredsir is quickly becoming one of the most talented newer players in the game. fire put on an impressive display in Datisi's Cafe coming up with a good claim on the fly (so good, it got him killed by the serial killer), another impressive scum game from Warrior Cats Mafia, as Lars was the N1 nightkill in The Thing, and the swing player in the town win of House of the Dragon--while he was voting with scum the game was looking like a scum win, and it was his swap to voting the scum that shifted momentum into a town win.

Strong performances as both alignments, he's only getting better and better with time.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by mastina »

(I apologize if I missed anyone worthy of nomination, I can't think of any more rn so if I missed someone nomination-worthy I do apologize.)
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 77, mastina wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
1/20/2023 mastina Klick Not Quite Normal Multiball II Klick was, basically, the reason the town won the game. It's a bit hard to describe the process for why, but basically, Klick was incredibly clutch in singlehandedly carrying the town. He had good reads and he used his status as conftown to direct the town to eliminate the final scum. He had an incredibly strong showing; without him, the town very realistically could've failed.
Nth.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 75, mastina wrote:
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/20/2023 mastina Lukewarm Lukewarm has had a quite good year as town. In Subreddit uPick, he was vital in both the scum eliminations, incredibly obviously town, and almost won the game for the town by virtue of being able to figure out things by PoE and having continued the legacy of dead town that suspected the false-clear as being false.

In The Thing Mafia, as Fuchs, he not only used his power role quite well, but also helped to eliminate the scum by virtue of directing the vig to the correct shot.

In Datisi's Cafe, he was the first to catch the scumslip of the scum eliminated on D1 and near-singlehandedly (he was one of two) the reason for another scum elimination, eating the scum nightkill as a VT the night after.

In House of Dragons, he was correctly suspect of both Dwlee and Datisi in spite of the cross-bus between the two, and probably could have done far more if not for the fact he was the N1 scum nightkill.
Nth, love this guy
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:08 am

Post by Scummies »

Nominations for the 2022 Scummies are now closed. Thanks everyone for taking the time to make nominations.

We are in need of more judges for the Scummies.
If you are interested in judging or otherwise helping out with the Scummies, please pm the Scummies account. We will be back with finalists in a few weeks.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”