Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8900 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 8896, Ydrasse wrote:gg no redacts
sorry fb but i was limp noodle mode this game
its fine i was a limp noodle as well. shouldn't have just self voted and waited for my death.
In post 8898, T-Bone wrote:Fire is right if you recruited me it would have been a sweep :p
i would have recruited u but i thought solar was going to or did already. also u were only one i felt like i could possibly buddy during the game days.didn't really work out. next time
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8901 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:22 am

Post by mastina »

This sure was a game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8902 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:19 am

Post by mastina »

Originally was gonna type this up here and just flip it around, but that requires effort, so I guess I'll just quote this here and give the tl;dr after:
In post 5788, mastina wrote:Btw now that both games are actually over, I can say that this game was running concurrently to Cosmos Mafia, with me as town in both, and power-efforting in both--and the result of both of those games was in large part what broke me.

If you look, you can even see instances of identical posts between games.
Spoiler: Compare this game's 579
In post 579, mastina wrote:
In post 301, Mistyx wrote:
In post 298, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 297, Mistyx wrote:we have 5 so i think yours are just missing people so far
(me / bell / penguin / fire / ceph)
?
FA not you
i literally checked idk how i got that wrong
Oh, still think it's all town because Frozen Angel is Town*, with an asterisk, to me, this game.

(The asterisk is because Frozen Angel has a night/day difference in her town/scum metas. I'm 100% sure that if you know which meta is which, you can have a guaranteed read on her. I
think
that this is the town meta, but I'm not sure. I COULD be getting it backwards, thinking her scum meta is her town meta and thinking her town meta is her scum meta, but I THINK that I am remembering which is which correctly and that this is the town meta for her.)
Spoiler: To Cosmos Mafia's same area of,
In post 240, mastina wrote:
In post 140, Save The Dragons wrote:You literally just shaded me again and are saying you are not shading me in the same breath
StD moves to my highest tier of locktown, and FA moves down to more scum (with an asterisk admittedly).
In post 254, mastina wrote:
In post 182, MMR wrote:I do agree with you that mastina's read on STD is a bit off. I don't feel like his content at the time when she made the read, was exactly that Towny.
UNVOTE: FA for now.
Frozen Angel also has a town/scum meta that are night/day different. The asterisk to my read on FA here is that I don't know which is which.

I KNOW that FA has a night/day difference in her town meta and her scum meta.
I'm PRETTY sure that this is the night half, that this is the scum half, that this is FA as scum. But the asterisk on my read is that I might be remembering it backwards. I'm PRETTY sure I'm getting it right that this is the scum half tho.
In post 304, mastina wrote:
In post 272, Frozen Angel wrote:she specifically said she has no idea what she is doing with her meta read on me
Not true!

I know exactly what I am doing with you.

Your play is night and day different between your scumgames and towngames--that's a fact. Your townplay is nothing like your scumplay; your scumplay is nothing like your townplay. That is true.

These metas are very distinct and very obvious and very noticeable. That is true.

You are 100% playing to one of the two metas. You are absolutely in one of those two metas, not blurring it, not blending it, not hiding it, fitting that meta to a T. That is true.

All of this means I know exactly what I'm doing with my meta on you; I know all of the above is true.

The one and only area I falter in is knowing which meta is which.

You are either 100% town, or 100% scum, with absolutely no in-between. There's no room where your content is 75% towngame with 25% being scum, or 75% scumgame with 25% town. It is 100% fully and entirely in the established meta for the alignment you are. If you are scum then you are playing your scum meta to a T; if you are town, then you are playing your town meta to a T. Most players as town never have 100% of their towngame, and most players as scum never have 100% of your scumgame.

But you, whatever your alignment is, do have that 100%.

The one question is which alignment is which.

And I'm pretty sure this is the scumgame, from my memory.

That ain't me not knowing what I'm talking about. I know EXACTLY what I am talking about and it is guaranteed to be true. You're playing to an established meta, with zero divergence from said meta whatsoever. And the meta you are playing I
think
is the scum one.
(Spoiler alert: FA was town in this game and scum in Cosmos Mafia, which is exactly what my read was in both games. :P)

Then compare
Spoiler: this from this game:
In post 846, mastina wrote:Yo, sorry I can't post tonight, am half an hour late for bed, will do so tomorrow. (I am quite angry due to work eating up all of today because guess who had to work a double shift today??? Eating up 10 hours of the day for work??? I am already going to get only 5.5 hours of sleep at most so like. I legit can't post here. Or, well. I could--it'd just be a very very very bad idea to. :P)

I usually prefer to include some kind of content in my prod dodge promises for more, but I am genuinely so out of time that I can't even do that. I need to catch up on page 27 onwards tomorrow; see you then (unless more bullshit like today gets in the way).
To
Spoiler: the Cosmos Mafia,
In post 603, mastina wrote:
In post 602, mastina wrote:(I'm somewhat miffed since I got a SURPRISE!!! double-shift today meaning I had to work an extra 5 hours. Guess which 5 hours I was planning to post in this game today during??? :) :] :))
(Obviously quite angry about this btw since it genuinely means the entirety of today was lost to work. Woke up, was barely not late for work. Worked my normal work schedule. Then, BAM. Had to work a second shift of equal length to the first. Then the moment I got home, busy doing prep for tomorrow, and even hauling my ass trying to not be late, I am half an hour late. So I'm not exaggerating in having lost an ENTIRE day to work and I am quite miffed about it.)

This game:
In post 1121, mastina wrote:Okay so like.

I promised a catchup today both in the PT and the game thread.

I ran out of time, sorry. :(
Cosmos Mafia:
In post 778, mastina wrote:(I do need to leave tho, I'm late for bed. Technically not because 20 minutes from now, but since it'll take me twice that long to finish bed prep am already late. So p20 is my cutoff, sorry. I tried!)
The biggie tho,
Spoiler: this game:
In post 1177, mastina wrote:I'm late for leaving for work but I have to say: any mentions of me not doing things should perhaps pay attention to how I was last active on Friday, I take Saturdays off, and then I got blindsided by a double-shift on Sunday that instead of leaving me with 8 hours of free time left me with only two and that for the last two days I have done literally everything I can to stay afloat but I'm not there yet because I genuinely haven't had the time thanks to the work double-shift.

But that content IS coming. Today I should have more time.
Spoiler: The Cosmos Mafia version:
In post 852, mastina wrote:I'm late for leaving for work but I have to say: any mentions of me not doing things should perhaps pay attention to how I was last active on Friday, I take Saturdays off, and then I got blindsided by a double-shift on Sunday that instead of leaving me with 8 hours of free time left me with only two and that for the last two days I have done literally everything I can to stay afloat but I'm not there yet because I genuinely haven't had the time thanks to the work double-shift. (Proof I haven't had time: if I had the time, I would've been reading the scum PT from Datisi's cafe and commenting on that game's scum PT's contents. I haven't, because that PT released either Saturday or Sunday, and lo and behold, I haven't been able to read it yet because I haven't had the time.)

But that content IS coming. Today I should have more time.

I am not going to respond to everything but why haven't I "updated" my read on FA?

Because my read is fucking accurate, that's why. Why update a read that's right? I know I'm right about my read there.

Why haven't I confirmed my 90% by looking for recent FA games to push it to 100%?

Because I fucking haven't had the time since before Saturday, that's why.
And before that, nobody had asked me to, so being a procrastinator that's highly a reactive player, I simply didn't think to. After people DID ask, I would love to have--but they didn't start asking until around Saturday.

And another biggie,
Spoiler: This game:
In post 1178, mastina wrote:Btw I have been in a bad mood since Saturday (technically Friday night and onward) and haven't recovered since then. I was in a bad mood Sunday for even more obvious reasons, and my bad mood continued into yesterday.

Today is no different. I am still in a bad mood, worsened by being a hot mess. I was 40 minutes late waking up, still didn't get enough sleep in spite of that, had poor quality sleep, dealt with a wardrobe malfunction, left home without eating breakfast, was 20 minutes late for work, didn’t feed two very hungry cats, and more.

So, if I come across as overly hostile, my apologies. Best I can hope for is that this isn’t going to come across as a personal attack. I normally wouldn't post during times that I'm this angry since they risk getting me removed from the game and/or banned, but I genuinely have no choice but to.

On that note:
I realize that scumastina is well-known for falling behind.
But anyone trying to use that to shade me can fuck off. There's VERY obvious reasons for my inactivity here and struggling to stay up to date. Those factors happen regardless of my alignment and are thus NAI because they are rl-related.

What IS alignment indicative is my RESPONSE to the rl shit.
As scum, I literally do nothing when rl shit hits. The reasons vary, the results are near-universal: literally doing nothing.
And don't you fucking dare try to say, "but mastina, you're doing nothing right now".
I very clearly am not doing LITERALLY nothing.
When I say scumastina does literally nothing, I mean LITERALLY NOTHING BUT PROD DODGING, zero content in the prodges. Literally. Zero.

You can say I'm not doing MUCH right now, but that "not much" is still higher than the absolute zero which is the actual scumastina tell. I, very clearly, am trying.

On that note, more about my FA read in this game:
My FA read in this game is very similar to my StD read in the two concurrent games, Pokémon Gen1+2 and Gypyx's AI Upick.
I knew that StD had a night/day difference between his town play and his scumplay, but I didn’t remember which was which.
I could tell that he was playing to his meta, but I initially didn’t have the time to sort which was which. Like FA is this game, I had a fairly high level of confidence in remembering the tell differentiating his towngame and scumgame. But I didn’t have the time to research which was which, until much much later.

So while I knew that there was a night/day difference between his alignments, I didn't know for SURE which was which. My read on him was only about 90%, until I had the time to do the research.

That took weeks for me to find the time to do, but once I finally DID do the research, the 90% jumped to 100%.

Same story here.
I know FA has a night/day difference between her towngame and scumgame, same way StD did back then.
I am pretty sure that I know which is which, at 90%, same as back then for StD.
But I haven't had the time to do the research YET. It took weeks, closer to MONTHS, for me to find the time to do that for StD.

And here, it hasn't been weeks closer to months for FA, now, has it?
So, I WILL do the research. When I have the time. I just haven't yet, because, y'know.
Too much rl shit.

I'm still confident that this is the town half for FA tho.
Spoiler: Cosmos Mafia:
In post 860, mastina wrote:Btw I have been in a bad mood since Saturday (technically Friday night and onward) and haven't recovered since then. I was in a bad mood Sunday for even more obvious reasons, and my bad mood continued into yesterday.

Today is no different. I am still in a bad mood, worsened by being a hot mess. I was 40 minutes late waking up, still didn't get enough sleep in spite of that, had poor quality sleep, dealt with a wardrobe malfunction, left home without eating breakfast, was 20 minutes late for work, didn’t feed two very hungry cats, and more.

So, if I come across as overly hostile, my apologies. Best I can hope for is that this isn’t going to come across as a personal attack. I normally wouldn't post during times that I'm this angry since they risk getting me removed from the game and/or banned, but I genuinely have no choice but to.

On that note:
I realize that scumastina is well-known for falling behind.
But anyone trying to use that to shade me can fuck off. There's VERY obvious reasons for my inactivity here and struggling to stay up to date. Those factors happen regardless of my alignment and are thus NAI because they are rl-related.

What IS alignment indicative is my RESPONSE to the rl shit.
As scum, I literally do nothing when rl shit hits. The reasons vary, the results are near-universal: literally doing nothing.
And don't you fucking dare try to say, "but mastina, you're doing nothing right now".
I very clearly am not doing LITERALLY nothing.
When I say scumastina does literally nothing, I mean LITERALLY NOTHING BUT PROD DODGING, zero content in the prodges. Literally. Zero.

You can say I'm not doing MUCH right now, but that "not much" is still higher than the absolute zero which is the actual scumastina tell. I, very clearly, am trying.

On that note, more about my FA read in this game:
My FA read in this game is very similar to my StD read in the two concurrent games, Pokémon Gen1+2 and Gypyx's AI Upick.
I knew that StD had a night/day difference between his town play and his scumplay, but I didn’t remember which was which.
I could tell that he was playing to his meta, but I initially didn’t have the time to sort which was which. Like FA is this game, I had a fairly high level of confidence in remembering the tell differentiating his towngame and scumgame. But I didn’t have the time to research which was which, until much much later.

So while I knew that there was a night/day difference between his alignments, I didn't know for SURE which was which. My read on him was only about 90%, until I had the time to do the research.

That took weeks for me to find the time to do, but once I finally DID do the research, the 90% jumped to 100%.

Same story here.
I know FA has a night/day difference between her towngame and scumgame, same way StD did back then.
I am pretty sure that I know which is which, at 90%, same as back then for StD.
But I haven't had the time to do the research YET. It took weeks, closer to MONTHS, for me to find the time to do that for StD.

And here, it hasn't been weeks closer to months for FA, now, has it?
So, I WILL do the research. When I have the time. I just haven't yet, because, y'know.
Too much rl shit.

I'm pretty sure that this is the scum half for FA tho.

On the note of StD tho, since those games where I did the research, since then, I've not been wrong on my StD read since then. After I did my homework, my read rate on him became flawless.

Which is why I know that he's town this game.

I am sure that in a future FA game, I'll point to this game and say the same for her then as I'm saying for StD now.

And more,
In post 1460, mastina wrote:Btw for the record, I don’t really have the time nor energy to write a detailed wall HERE right now.
But.
I would strongly encourage people to do a site search of my posts (just the first two or three pages should tell you what you need to know), because I have just...not done anything but mafia for nearly a full week. Playing, not commenting.

What that means, well.
I don’t feel like fully explaining it here, too much effort to word the idea in terms of THIS game, but like.

Keeping it short:
I'm giving up on trying to explain my reads. Maybe even defending the town in them. I just don’t have it in me right now.

But that said.
Uniquely, I am not giving up on my reads.

Not the majority of them, at least.

Because I'm right, I know I'm right, I've been right all along, I'll be VINDICATED sooner or later.

But while most of my reads are good, I just give up on explaining them.

I'll go over which reads are which when I getore free time, maybe next down.
The
Spoiler: Cosmos Mafia original:
In post 1097, mastina wrote:I know that saying this secures me as the elimination because if I were the one READING it, I'd call it scum AtE, especially since it is a very un-mastina-like thing to do. (And yes, that saying this, literally all of it, doesn’t make it any less scum.)

But to be honest.
Right now I'm not feeling like pretending to be mastina.

Or rather, I don’t want to feel boxed in to pretending to be what I know mastina is. I don’t have the time I wanted to talk about this, but I had a thought of,
"Why do I even bother."
I had the urge to post that, but a voice told me, "hey, that's not a thought that mastina should have, don't display it publicly".

And it's not!

It doesn't fit my style as either alignment. I don’t post that way as scum, I don't post that way as town, it's a very foreign concept to the mastina persona.

But I don’t feel like pretending to match the mastina persona right now.

I know that I have been in my towngame the entire time, and to briefly go back into the mastina persona:
Genuinely, if you are town, you NEVER get to EVER say you can read me again, EVER, if you scumread me. This is Genuinely one of my towniest games of all time, and if you can't see that, you don’t fucking know how to read me. And never pretend you can, because this isn’t an unusual game from me. This IS me.

Well, prior to this post, at least. But this single not-mastina post does not erase that my entire play prior to this WAS mastina. So if you thought that my content prior to this post wasn't me as town: NEVER claim that you can read me again. I will quote this post every. Single. Time. And will NOT let you forget.

But slipping back out of mastina mode, I had those thoughts.
"Why do I even try."
"What's the point of trying."
"I don’t know why I bother."
And even,
"I give up."

mastina never gives up. It's literally against her fundamental philosophy.

Scumastina believes in fighting to the bitter end. Even when she's literally confscum, she believes that the game isn’t over until the last scum dies. And if she's the last scum, she might know that she has a 0% chance of winning, but for good sport, she refuses to surrender and makes the town still work for the inevitable victory.
And in multiball, she has extra incentive to fight. If she goes down, her scumteam is pretty much fucked. (Multiball2 is notably an exception to this rule, because I was negative utility there. It was my belief that we couldn't win with me alive, so I needed to die. After setting FL up for success, obv.)

Town mastina is relentless. She is conviction personified. Absolute faith in herself to be right, no matter what. Being proven wrong isn’t a setback. And new evidence doesn't change prior reads, barring extreme circumstances.
She pushes, continuously, hard, with absolute strength and resolve, with the belief that she is right.
Literally every game recently, a song has had some of the lyrics play through my mind, a personification of my mindset:
"And I am VINDICATED. I am selfish, (I'm not wrong), I'm right, I know I'm right, I've been that way all along". (Not the exact lyrics of the song, mind you; my mental paraphrase of it with all alterations is me claiming the song as mine.)

So when I say mastina never gives up, I mean it. She never does. Regardless of her alignment. The thought of giving up is foreign to her.

But I don't feel like putting on the mastina persona right now, because with how much shit I'm going through, I just DO feel like giving up.

I've literally broken every promise I made to myself for mafia games. I've skipped working out, slacked off on work, am typing in a mafia game rather than working on my novel or keeping up to date on the discord servers I frequent. I haven't streamed, done art, played league or tft (I literally missed out on a full week of tft quests, which guarantees I don’t get the T3 emote) or the new Disney Dreamlight event.

My life has been pretty much exclusively games (which shows if you do a site search--when was my last non-game post? When was my last not-ongoing mafia post?), and I am angry. I am tired. I am frustrated. I am exhausted.

The mastina persona is in particular furious, but I don’t have the ability to muster forth the will to type out that rage. (Oh there’s definitely facets who want me to. But I have the steering wheel, not them, so I'm not.)

There is just physical, mental, and especially emotional, fatigue going on.

So I just don’t feel like trying anymore.

I know that it’s not a mastina thing to do, but I want to say it anyway:

Objectively, I know that MathBlade's way of claiming is probably town, that there are signs of him not being scum, and importantly: that scum are among those who say it's SvS, those who weakly say it's TvT without trying to defuse it unless they have a good reason they can't (e.g. Titus is town, with this belief, but swamped), and those on the sidelines, with a few who are also scum taking the most convenient stance for them.

But subjectively, I feel like MB was crumbing my type of role (by the way--not claiming. Fuck that.), not a killing role, and that his claim fits as a modified factional nightkill, and that 90+% of his posting is scum.

Plus, without him, the options for scum are rather slim.
My locktowns are NEVER scum here. PPF, Yume, etc. Are all never scum.

And most of my townreads, I feel quite strongly about.

So like, the scum pool is quite small.

I know that objectively I should listen to objectivity, but I don't have a direction, so I just don’t know what to do and feel like giving up.

Another biggie from
In post 1718, mastina wrote:
In post 1503, fireisredsir wrote:yea ok thinking about it more i really don't like the "ive put too much energy into mafia lately so im not going to give reasons for my reads" immediately followed by a huge wall that is just reiterating what her reads are. like the energy used to make that post could have been put towards something useful instead but she went out of her way to excuse herself from doing that and then still put the energy in anyway
Well you don't understand the way my brain works. When I said I was done giving energy, I meant it. I'm done being mastina. I can't pretend to be mastina anymore. So I'm done acting like I am.

So instead of spending time being mastina, I decided to just. Not bother.

And then ADHD + mania (instead of depression) kicked in and I wanted to post something that was a partial override of the promise to not effort, but not a full override because it was actually much easier to write than normal. It was also done at work--energy at work is entirely different from energy at home.

Still, tho. There's liberation because I've felt the release of not having to be me anymore.
I realize you won't understand what I'm saying, but that's because you didn't actually do the thing I said you should do, now, did you? :P
I told you that if you checked my posts onsite in the last week, you'd be able to understand. (For that matter, my blog posts in the last week, too.) You didn't actually look at that, now, did you? So of course you wouldn't understand.

I don't feel like typing up the full version of a post on this but yes. I am done being mastina. The last week broke me, and it wasn't until I gave up on being mastina that I felt good. In this game I didn't describe this as well as I should have, I admit, but I'm not really going to bother with the details.

What you need to know right now is that I genuinely don't care.
I am
aware
of the wagon on me.
I don't
care
about the wagon on me.
The town on it have shit reasons, and there's plenty of scum on it, but honestly I am done putting in the energy to care.

But I'm done fighting for the reads in spite of being more sure than ever in the above being true.
What was going on in
Spoiler: Cosmos Mafia at the same time:
In post 1134, mastina wrote:
In post 1127, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1098, mastina wrote:(The irony is not lost on me that normal mastina would see the post I just made as scum, believe me. I am quite aware of the sheer irony of how I would be pushing myself for making that post, in spite of me knowing that it’s town, and that me talking about it would make me even more sure it came from scum. The likes of Roden are probably laughing their asses off at the karmic irony.)
So the thing you maybe don't see is that you were already doing it.

I'm going to remind you of my philosophy to scum hunting, not so that we can argue, but so that maybe you could see what I see. Not every post is alignment indicative. Most posts a player makes are NAI, and what separates town and scum is finding the few that are.

Here's what I clocked very early from the game, before you described what you described in 1097. It is clear to me you have a vision of what town!Mastina needs to look like, and you are trying to make every post you make conform to that vision. If you are town, I would say needlessly. But you kinda voiced what I was observing all along.

What separates this for me from being something that is NAI, is your post #729 where you cite your first two posts of the game as some part of your master plan to catch scum. And I think you know what I know, that you were trying to play this up as something town!Mastina does. I don't know if you believe it for real. But I think you believe that other people would believe it, and that's why you made those parts of #729.

Normally I wouldn't sit here and explain to you why you're scum, because one way or another you know the truth. But maybe if we're to salvage the game in case you are town, considering another point of view on you might be helpful.

To me, #729 and some other bits of Mastina's posting shows me that she is trying to play the part of town!Mastina rather than be a town player. I think it's well documented how much Mastina believes in meta, and I think she believes in it so much that she feels forced to try and project her meta onto her gameplay. This isn't necessarily scum-indicative on its own, I think Mastina would do it to some extent as town. But from my point of view it crossed the line of town!Mastina needing to play a certain way to scum!Mastina needing everyone else to see a certain vision of her play.

Hopefully that bit of insight helps others too who are not sure what to think about Mastina.
This would be a good point if not for one crucial factor you leave out.

Living up to the concept of mastina is not exclusive to scumastina. (That, aside from how scumastina genuinely doesn't care to try to be town mastina, because scumastina has her own style which works in spite of being night/day different. Scumastina doesn’t even try to look like town mastina, because she knows that town mastina is a liability to try and mimic. I don't need to look like town as scum, nor do I need to effort nor force an elimination. All I need to do is not be the default elimination for a day, and let the town eliminate town. I don't need to push town, nor power town S scum. Because just the bare minimum works better as scum.)

I have a strong drive to live up to the ideal of mastina as town, too. Because mastina is an IDEA, a CONCEPT.
mastina is a philosophy.

The philosophy is different as different alignments. Scumastina, find the easiest least effort path to victory where I can be the laziest.

Town mastina, to be a charismatic unwavering force of nature. Unrelenting. Never giving up on true beliefs, and holding plenty of them.

I always feel the pressure of trying to live up to the expectation, and usually I do.

But this he'll week, I just can't.

I give up on being mastina.
In post 1141, mastina wrote:
In post 1134, mastina wrote:
In post 1127, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1098, mastina wrote:(The irony is not lost on me that normal mastina would see the post I just made as scum, believe me. I am quite aware of the sheer irony of how I would be pushing myself for making that post, in spite of me knowing that it’s town, and that me talking about it would make me even more sure it came from scum. The likes of Roden are probably laughing their asses off at the karmic irony.)
So the thing you maybe don't see is that you were already doing it.

I'm going to remind you of my philosophy to scum hunting, not so that we can argue, but so that maybe you could see what I see. Not every post is alignment indicative. Most posts a player makes are NAI, and what separates town and scum is finding the few that are.

Here's what I clocked very early from the game, before you described what you described in 1097. It is clear to me you have a vision of what town!Mastina needs to look like, and you are trying to make every post you make conform to that vision. If you are town, I would say needlessly. But you kinda voiced what I was observing all along.

What separates this for me from being something that is NAI, is your post #729 where you cite your first two posts of the game as some part of your master plan to catch scum. And I think you know what I know, that you were trying to play this up as something town!Mastina does. I don't know if you believe it for real. But I think you believe that other people would believe it, and that's why you made those parts of #729.

Normally I wouldn't sit here and explain to you why you're scum, because one way or another you know the truth. But maybe if we're to salvage the game in case you are town, considering another point of view on you might be helpful.

To me, #729 and some other bits of Mastina's posting shows me that she is trying to play the part of town!Mastina rather than be a town player. I think it's well documented how much Mastina believes in meta, and I think she believes in it so much that she feels forced to try and project her meta onto her gameplay. This isn't necessarily scum-indicative on its own, I think Mastina would do it to some extent as town. But from my point of view it crossed the line of town!Mastina needing to play a certain way to scum!Mastina needing everyone else to see a certain vision of her play.

Hopefully that bit of insight helps others too who are not sure what to think about Mastina.
This would be a good point if not for one crucial factor you leave out.

Living up to the concept of mastina is not exclusive to scumastina. (That, aside from how scumastina genuinely doesn't care to try to be town mastina, because scumastina has her own style which works in spite of being night/day different. Scumastina doesn’t even try to look like town mastina, because she knows that town mastina is a liability to try and mimic. I don't need to look like town as scum, nor do I need to effort nor force an elimination. All I need to do is not be the default elimination for a day, and let the town eliminate town. I don't need to push town, nor power town S scum. Because just the bare minimum works better as scum.)

I have a strong drive to live up to the ideal of mastina as town, too. Because mastina is an IDEA, a CONCEPT.
mastina is a philosophy.

The philosophy is different as different alignments. Scumastina, find the easiest least effort path to victory where I can be the laziest.

Town mastina, to be a charismatic unwavering force of nature. Unrelenting. Never giving up on true beliefs, and holding plenty of them.

I always feel the pressure of trying to live up to the expectation, and usually I do.

But this he'll week, I just can't.

I give up on being mastina.
Oh worth mentioning:
You're right about one thing tho:

I know my meta best.

I know me better than everyone else.

When I am scum, I know exactly how scum I am. I know that I am not playing to my towngame. I might--justifiably--feel like certain aspects of my play are dead on mimicking my towngame, but while I might fake a post saying as much, no, I never truly believe that I have perfected a town-mastina guise as scumastina. Not only would doing so be detrimental even if I succeeded, but also the task is literally impossible.

You cannot mimic the full package of my towngame. It’s literally impossible. I fundamentally think differently as town versus scum. Language use, emotions, everything is night and day different. (We suspect that it’s literally different facets playing, but since we haven't had a scumgame since our plurality breakthrough, we wouldn't know yet. We'll have to rand scum to actually test that.)

If it's quite literally an entirely different person playing when town vs. Scum, then that person cannot fully pretend to be the other. (Which is why we don’t actually try.)

So with that said:

We know our meta, and thus, we know that we were not outside of it. In fact, we're doubling down on this statement:

This is the towniest game that we have EVER played in our entire mafia career. We have NEVER been this more clearly town. EVER.

I can't manage to be mastina right now, but that doesn't change how I still know what my meta is, and how I was in my town meta more clearly than I have ever been before. Literally the towniest game I have EVER had.

So let me reiterate:
If I am eliminated, then EVERY town player has their reading rights on me revoked PERMANENTLY.
My not being able to be mastina doesn't remove that I was still clearly town in spite of struggling to be mastina. In fact it's quite literally the exact opposite.

So I will quote this in EVERY future game you play with me in where you so much as HINT at having me south as null.
I. Will. NOT. Let. You. Forget.

Because I am NOT having an "off game".
I'm not able to be mastina, but I AM able to be clearly town anyway.
This IS my town self.
Try to fucking pretend it wasn't as much as you'd like. I know myself better than you do. I know my meta better than you do. So I know that I was playing to my town meta here.
And thus, future you has ZERO wiggling room to claim otherwise.

If you can't see that I'm town here, you can't fucking see that I am town in ANY game. PERIOD. Because if you can't see me as town in the towniest game that I have ever had, you can't see me as town at all.

In post 1720, mastina wrote:
In post 1588, Bell wrote:My meta on Mastina is basically:
Will Mastina have a meltdown?
Y: Scum.
N: Town.
For the record, I've never had a meltdown as scum (I'm sure you'll say this is wrong and have a scumgame in mind where you think I did, but I guarantee you that whatever game you are thinking of, that was not in fact an actual scum meltdown because I know my meta and know I've never had a meltdown as scum), so this meta is literally backwards, but it's honestly not worth fighting--my flip will show your meta's wrong, so like. Not worth bothering with it.
One day later
Spoiler: in Cosmos Mafia:
In post 1570, mastina wrote:
In post 1180, T-Bone wrote:Actually the flow chart says a lot of Mastina's behavior means she's town if you're not trying to confirm bias yourself.
It does, for the record.

But like. Not worth bothering to explain why.

When I said I was done being mastina I meant it. So that includes not bothering to explain why this is a mastina towngame. The flip will do the talking for me and prove that everyone claiming to be able to read me thinking I am scum, is either scum lying their asses off or town that was delusional. Because the people who actually
can
(the likes of PPF, Yume, DDS), have me as one of their strongest townreads.

has a Cosmos Mafia counterpart, too, somewhere. Maybe this?
In post 1598, mastina wrote:
In post 1593, Bunnyonce wrote:If I ever host a Theme game, I am doing post caps.
For the record, that wouldn't actually impact me. :P

I have less posts than you would assume. T-Bone literally has more than me. 6/16 players have higher post counts than me. I'm literally only the seventh-most-active poster in the game.

I just always SEEM like the most active poster because I'm like a signal boost for activity in games. :P

Every game I am in causes the actual top posters to post more, and there's a night and day difference in posting activity between pre-mastina-death and post-mastina-death; activity drops off a cliff after I die because I am a source of activity in spite of it not being reflected in post count.

That's one of the reasons I like being mastina normally. That's the mastina affect. mastina's approach makes people be forced to be more active, basically. I just can't keep being her right now.
This game
Spoiler: had this,
In post 1725, mastina wrote:
In post 1702, fireisredsir wrote:idk i did go read mastina's most recent scum game and i don't think this is really accurate, she's not like incapable of progression as scum. but i think there she was a lot less willing to go into detail on reasoning or respond to new posts and stuff. and i think the level to which she's doing that here is closer to that than it is to her play in datisi's cafe as town
It should be noted that that was both a multiball game (I could get real read progression, not needing to fake it), and also I had a negative utility role so I knew from the onset that I needed to die for my team to stand a chance (so I deliberately didn't want to go into too much detail, as to avoid spewing players town after I flipped).

What a lot of folks don't seem to get is that there's more than one mastina scumgame style (but most of them have in common: "find the least-effort way to easiest generate a scum win", the shortest path to victory, doing the least amount necessary, and in general, not relying on myself to carry), and there's more than one town mastina style, and that both are affected by real life factors, and that being affected by those real life factors doesn't change those alignments, it just changes the representation of them. And most people get those affected-by-rl representations wrong.

It's not really worth going into detail tho, because my flip will do the talking for me in demonstrating once more that basically everyone who claims to know my meta, is bullshitting, because if they
did
know my meta they would know I was town.
At around the same time
Spoiler: Cosmos Mafia had this:
In post 1572, mastina wrote:
In post 1309, T-Bone wrote:I didn't comment on her emotions, I can't pretend to know what they are, and frustration is NAI.
Actually, frustration is far far far from NAI. There are frustrations that only appear as town, there are frustrations that appear more frequently as scum, and then there are rl frustrations that
in of themselves
are nai (being rl and all), but their
manifestation
is actually some of the most alignment-indicative things you can get.

Here they spew me town but it's not worth fighting about.
In post 1310, T-Bone wrote:I've yet to misread Mastina in any game I've played with her over the years.
Apparently that was luck since you're looking at the towniest towngame I've ever had and calling it scum, so like. Whatever metrics you used were apparently flawed, since they can't see that I'm town here, so...
In post 1312, T-Bone wrote:I'll be honest getting concerned by Mathblade. It may be recency bias, but last time I ignored red flags he ended up being scum. I keep having to correct him and point what I feel is obvious. I also can't believe I'm saying this but in his effort to meet Yume with the flow chart he's purposely reading it wrong. To be clear the flow chart is garbage, but that he's doing it wrong anyway...
(The flowchart is a bit outdated but is not actually garbage, the flowchart is more an idea than anything else, the idea being a process that boils down to: "scumastina can show any single town trait that a town mastina is more well known for, but can't display the entire package. Town mastina can't display the entire package, either, because the package is contradictory, but she displays a whole heck of a lot more of her town traits when town".
In post 1573, mastina wrote:
In post 1571, MMR wrote:By "everyone claiming to be able to read" you, are you referring to the people on your wagon that are strongly SRing you like Math and professotic?
You apparently didn't read very well.
In post 1570, mastina wrote:everyone claiming to be able to read me
thinking I am scum
, is either scum lying their asses off or town that was delusional. Because
the people who actually
can
(the likes of PPF, Yume, DDS), have me as one of their strongest townreads
I don't see how that can be more clear?

The people claiming to be able to read me who have me as town are right, and accurate.
I believe those four players to be credible in their claims to be able to read me well. (Notably, you may note that furtive is not on that list in spite of him townreading me, because he lacks that credibility.)

I don't know the alignments of the people claiming to be able to read me who have me as scum--but since I am town, those claims are wrong. That leaves exactly two possibilities for them. They're scum lying their asses off or town whose metrics on how to read me were just outright wrong.

I've stated which players I feel to be which.
In post 1578, mastina wrote:
In post 1345, T-Bone wrote:And as you know meta doesn't move me. I need Mastina to show me, and if she's town she will, and if she's scum she won't.
You apparently weren't listening when I said I was done being mastina. :P

I've no interest in showing you I'm town. I would've if I were still trying to be mastina but I honestly don't give a fuck anymore. If you can't see I'm town from what I gave already then it's really not worth bothering with. It doesn't matter to me--you're the one who has to live with the consequences for being part of a mastina mislim, not me.

I don't even have strong reads to leave behind, aside from the four townreads I have. I'd prefer the town not go after you, but even that read isn't nearly as certain as my four towniest reads.

Dealing with the frustration of the rl shit which was going on (I had a really shitty week at work) and power-efforting in
both
games
at the same time
and yet being
run up in both
, I had the attitude of "fuck claiming my role", which
Spoiler: here you got to see as,
In post 1726, mastina wrote:
In post 1708, Something_Smart wrote:Mastina has already claimed in the hood btw.
My biggest regret right now because it means I can't actually go "fuck that" to the idea of claiming since I literally already did, a fullclaim from the onset pretty much. (Less than 48 hours into the game.) My neighborhood can claim my role publicly at literally any time, meaning that I can't
actually
say "you want my claim, you flip me" or similar.

Alas.

Is the consequence of the early claim in there, but oh well.

Consider this an honorary "fuck claiming" tho. If I hadn't claimed already in the neighborhood, I wouldn't be claiming at all. But since I can't undo having claimed in there, my role is known if it's really that big of a deal.

I honestly don't care to tho.

The only things that are important are that I am town,
My flip will prove one of these true, the rest will follow with time, too.
And in
Spoiler: Cosmos Mafia,
In post 1821, mastina wrote:
In post 1649, Scarfmanship wrote:Mastina you wanna claim?
If you want my claim,

you need look no further than this post:
In post 1097, mastina wrote:(by the way--not claiming. Fuck that.)
It's in there! You should try reading it.

Suffice to say, the games were intertwined and interlinked in a way that was overwhelming, exhausting, and left me just...needing a break (before the mods force me on one which they might do anyway tbh).
I was playing this game, and Warrior Cats, at
exactly
the same time.
I was power-efforting in both games.
I had a really shitty real life week hit me hard, and that negatively impacted both games, because I just couldn't handle all the shit going on.
I was stressed and was being run up in
both games
at
exactly the same time
(for largely the same reasons, mind you), and it just was.

Well, I need a break before the listmods force me onto one (which they might anyway and it'd be fully deserved. Redundant, since I don't wanna play anyway, but deserved).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8903 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:35 am

Post by mastina »

(I'll say that objectively speaking I technically had pretty good reads since I scumread 4/5 of the original scum, but:
-The one scum I didn't scumread undoes any and all goodness of the four scumreads, and then,
-The multiple bad scumreads (MathBlade, professotic, unwnd as the big three) then catapult the game into objectively terrible.

Or you could list those vice-versa I guess; I technically had pretty good reads since I scumread 4/5 of the original scum, but the multiple bad scumreads undid all the potential goodness of the four correct scumreads, and then the ONE scum I didn't scumread drags it further down into terrible.

Either way, not a good game from me. I want to be proud, but I literally can't be. There's just nothing but bad things, because that's all I've become and why I need a long break to just...not be...this.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8904 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:46 am

Post by mastina »

Subject: Cosmos Mafia: Dead PT
MMR wrote:
In post 43, MegAzumarill wrote:
Spoiler: To MMR squad
I'm surprised you didn't have a partner make a claim instead of you to be honest. I suppose it came as a surprise and prompted quick action though.
Spoiler:
I kinda saw Yume's post, felt opportunistic and then immediately decided to make a reaction test.
Unfortunately, everything backfired.
-Rubella
LMFAO I FUCKING CALLED IT

DID I NOT SAY EXACTLY THIS

(I don't know where I said it exactly but I did--accurately--speculate you did precisely that.)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8905 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I was here sorry for dipping

Thanks for modding megazu
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8906 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

GG, thanks for modding.

This was an incredibly interesting setup that I think was unfortunately marred by the sheer volume of replacements. Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to get folks to rep into a game as complex and with as much required reading as this, and then the deadlines being dragged out on top made things a slog for those who stuck around... But it definitely was still fun for a lot of it, and I'm glad I was able to see it through.

I think performance wise I did alright on an individual level, but we were lacking in teamwork and while some of that can be attributed to having a revolving door for a teammate, I also just should have trusted Nancy more. I got caught up in wanting to have mechanically solid claims and finding a "right" way to progress that I forgot... Nancy's just a damn good liar and letting her do things her way works.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8907 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:39 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8906, Radical Rat wrote:GG, thanks for modding.

This was an incredibly interesting setup that I think was unfortunately marred by the sheer volume of replacements. Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to get folks to rep into a game as complex and with as much required reading as this, and then the deadlines being dragged out on top made things a slog for those who stuck around... But it definitely was still fun for a lot of it, and I'm glad I was able to see it through.

I think performance wise I did alright on an individual level, but we were lacking in teamwork and while some of that can be attributed to having a revolving door for a teammate, I also just should have trusted Nancy more. I got caught up in wanting to have mechanically solid claims and finding a "right" way to progress that I forgot... Nancy's just a damn good liar and letting her do things her way works.
<3
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8908 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:46 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8897, T-Bone wrote:Thank God Nancy was scum. I did not want this game to continue lolol

Legendary performance Nancy, I believed you were town despite evidence to the contrary.
I didn’t expect us to endgame and I really wanted Lunars to lose but the replacements kind of killed us. We needed Porkens’ slot to hopefully endgame. Had Lunar actually had a killing abilty. it also would have helped. Iwaz genuinely and sincerely trying to solve.

It turns out my understanding of associatives is still extremely good because STD was unaligned with FA/MMR, so the only reason it didn’t pan out was the Ydrasse conversion.

@Dangle why did you still vote for me? Based on what I told you would happen if I were town, you would lose and had I been town, I almost certainly would have said something to you after that vote.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #8909 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:56 am

Post by Klick »

I mean I wanted to vote Enchant and then you for optimisation reasons and I still stand by that being the best course of action
Ultimately it didn't matter too much because I thought it was probably you, and Enchant was the only other plausible option
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #8910 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:58 am

Post by Klick »

It definitely helped that Enchant did not FEEL like scum to me so I felt pretty confident you would just be the last Solar
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8911 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

Gg all

I have more words

My biggest regret is shooting unwd and messing that up.

More later just no spoons.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #8912 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Ircher »

Thanks for modding Meg.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8913 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Thanks for modding Meg!
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8914 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Hey, sorry to my teammates. I had no intention of replacing our, but I was literally travelling all day on Monday, returning from my family's farm, and I had set my V/LA to represent that, and even pm'd the mod, but I think 5 days of not being able to play was too long for MegA. When I finally got back online Tuesday after Thanksgiving weekend, I had already been replaced.

Solid effort though, Rat, Nancy, and Titus.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #8915 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Klick »

Can we have the scum PTs?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8916 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8914, Toogeloo wrote:Hey, sorry to my teammates. I had no intention of replacing our, but I was literally travelling all day on Monday, returning from my family's farm, and I had set my V/LA to represent that, and even pm'd the mod, but I think 5 days of not being able to play was too long for MegA. When I finally got back online Tuesday after Thanksgiving weekend, I had already been replaced.

Solid effort though, Rat, Nancy, and Titus.
<3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8917 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8915, Klick wrote:Can we have the scum PTs?
I’d prefer not too. I was pretty angry early game and have a lot of posts to redact.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #8918 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Think this game was good? Head to the 2023 Scummies nomination thread located here and nominate your favorite thing about this game! There are over a dozen categories! Maybe next year's winner happened here?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”