.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:11 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 89, GamerGryff wrote:Kow has too many votes for this early. Got my eye on Penguin,red, Klick, and andante. Likely at least one scum on there.

I'm at work, so this is all I'll be able to say for the next fivish hours.
wait...why not brickwall?
<(") | (")>
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:12 am

Post by redFF »

agree that gryff's observation was a nothing post.

still like my kow vote
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:12 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 100, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 89, GamerGryff wrote:Kow has too many votes for this early. Got my eye on Penguin,red, Klick, and andante. Likely at least one scum on there.

wait...why not
brickwall
herta?
ebwop
<(") | (")>
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:33 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 93, Klick wrote:
In post 79, Kowahbunga wrote:You know what? The vote originally was just a thought I had to do. I figured "hey, let's put a second vote on someone when i get to the game thread, see if that kills rvs dead or not" and I feel strongly, the game is going on now and RVS is way over. I don't know if it's entirely because of me, but I'll accept partial credit.

Now after reading all of Andante's response's to my, at the time, nothing vote. I can't see how any of their posts come from a town POV. And I am indeed currently scum reading them for this.
This doesn't read like how town structures their thoughts
This reads like Kowah decided it looked best to progress to a scumread on Andante and added the depth and oomph afterwards
The following post is what set me to scum on Andante. The initial votes intentions were to end RVS. I got what I wanted from that. The part I don't like though:
In post 36, Andante wrote:
In post 13, Kowahbunga wrote:VOTE: andante

hi everyone
like, yall... anyone want to tell me this is town? Kow votes ME.. and dissapears, there were lots of others being voted! In my opinion, the Penguin wagon could've been more fun to join!! Who doesn't want to vote penguin? but the vote on me... idk who Kow is, but yall I'm so deadset on this being scum, you have no idea...

I literally asked Kow something too, I think Kow is avoiding us... you don't vote, say "hi everyone" then dissapear?? feels like scum forcing an opening post, hoping to fly under the radar
Is forcing out this read on me like what I did is scum motivated. How is it scum motivated to bring attention to yourself? Also the fact that they even say that joining another wagon would have been okay, just not them. I don't like any of it. And how would that post put me under the radar? Just such a wild case made from literally a vote and two other words.

The response from Andante was more what I expect from someone being put to L1. This is way too much from way too little.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:38 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

Another thing I didn't like was being accused of "disappearing" - which maybe would have made sense if I didn't post for a few days, but this claim was made 3 hours after my vote. Which, unless my math is wrong, me "disappearing" for 1% of D1. My scum read on Andante just comes from the MASSIVE reaching they're doing to convince themselves and others that I'm scum.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Klick »

In post 103, Kowahbunga wrote:How is it scum motivated to bring attention to yourself?
Have you considered how this reasoning applies in relation to your Andante scumread?
Andante has been bringing a lot of attention to himself
Do you feel like that's scum motivated?
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Brickwalll »

I'm a brickwall, you will always know where to find me.
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Brickwalll »

In post 95, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Red and Andante seem okay rn
Other 2 idk
I don't like Gryff's post but Gamma's is not much better. This legitimises poor scum hunting
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:17 am

Post by GamerGryff »

What about them?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 102, PenguinPower wrote:

wait...why not
brickwall
herta?
ebwop
<(") | (")>
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 105, Klick wrote:
In post 103, Kowahbunga wrote:How is it scum motivated to bring attention to yourself?
Have you considered how this reasoning applies in relation to your Andante scumread?
Andante has been bringing a lot of attention to himself
Do you feel like that's scum motivated?
Wouldn't you agree though, that my vote is more out of place in a game of mafia than someone bringing attention to themselves because they believe they found scum? I don't think you can compare the two types of sore thumbs.

I expect to see nearly everyone at one point or another acting like Andante. But I don't expect them to make such an elaborate case against someone from at most a 4-word post.

Most expect a single random vote in RVS. I'd wager not as many expect an RVS vote on someone who already has one.

My vote was intended to create a conversation, and inadvertently made me scum read someone because of their response to it.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 108, GamerGryff wrote:

What about them?
So you managed to see post 100 but not 102? :?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:30 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 97, PenguinPower wrote:

Why is it too many votes for this early? What do you think is the appropriate threshold for votes at this time and when is the appropriate time for more votes?
<(") | (")>
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Taly »

In post 107, Brickwalll wrote:

Other 2 idk
I don't like Gryff's post but Gamma's is not much better. This legitimises poor scum hunting
What do you think of
Gamma
taking
Red
and
Andante
out of that pool?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:25 am

Post by Taly »

In post 26, Andante wrote:
Question, why does this game feel so slow? There's literally only 2 posts I like so far, and the rest of yall are just like "sup I'm here"

I liked gamma going "I had this thought so I figured I'd say it" love that!!
and redFF's post seemed good, a bit of effort put in and I felt like it was trying to help me make sense of the "all should post reads" - yeah when in doubt I go "not AI"

and then we have everyone else.. like yall!!! LET'S PLAY MAFIA!!!! I'm excited!!!
Kowahbunga is probably 1 mafia
this game is too easy!! although... it is a little easier when I have friends talking/doing stuff lol
What were you expecting from page 1?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:26 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 111, Kowahbunga wrote:

What about them?
I'm skimming because I don't want to take too much time in the bathroom at work lmao, I'll get to a full post later
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:38 am

Post by Herta »

In post 115, GamerGryff wrote:

What about them?
I'm skimming because I don't want to take too much time in the bathroom at work lmao, I'll get to a full post later
this is fair, but yeah I'd like to know why I was excluded from those voting kowahbunga.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Herta »

Andante lean town, aggressiveness pings town
Gamma slightly town, not sure why just does
Kowahbunga, lean scum, wasn't until they got all explainy
Klick seems town too
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Herta »

And hi Taly !!! Hope studies are going well.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:41 am

Post by Taly »

hi :D yeah thanks, im trying haha
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Other 2 idk
I’m not saying I agree
I think red and Andante are town rn. Don’t feel the same about Klick or Penguin yet. That’s all to what I said.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 42, Andante wrote:like, sure I don't fully get RVS/ what yall gain from it
I actually 100% agree with this but it's my first game back in years and it's tradition sooo *shrug*
In post 58, Taly wrote:cause reads D1 are usually built off arbitrary measurements of sincerity that are too subjective to be as generalized as they are and some argue that it informs scum who best to NK
This is exactly why I don't think we should bandwagon on anyone, and it's this exact reason that it's way too early to have three active bandwagons this close to lynching, less than 24 hours in. I should think that point's pretty obvious as to why it's bad. Scum (or even newer townies) can swoop in to try and convince everyone they were just following the line of thinking.
In post 63, Klick wrote:VOTE: Kowahbunga

Let's kill scum on Page 3
No.
In post 97, PenguinPower wrote:

Why is it too many votes for this early? What do you think is the appropriate threshold for votes at this time and when is the appropriate time for more votes?
See above. Second question: Appropriate threshold is definitely less than half of the votes required to lynch. In this case, that's 3.
In post 103, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 93, Klick wrote:
In post 79, Kowahbunga wrote:You know what? The vote originally was just a thought I had to do. I figured "hey, let's put a second vote on someone when i get to the game thread, see if that kills rvs dead or not" and I feel strongly, the game is going on now and RVS is way over. I don't know if it's entirely because of me, but I'll accept partial credit.

Now after reading all of Andante's response's to my, at the time, nothing vote. I can't see how any of their posts come from a town POV. And I am indeed currently scum reading them for this.
This doesn't read like how town structures their thoughts
This reads like Kowah decided it looked best to progress to a scumread on Andante and added the depth and oomph afterwards
The following post is what set me to scum on Andante. The initial votes intentions were to end RVS. I got what I wanted from that. The part I don't like though:
In post 36, Andante wrote:
In post 13, Kowahbunga wrote:VOTE: andante

hi everyone
like, yall... anyone want to tell me this is town? Kow votes ME.. and dissapears, there were lots of others being voted! In my opinion, the Penguin wagon could've been more fun to join!! Who doesn't want to vote penguin? but the vote on me... idk who Kow is, but yall I'm so deadset on this being scum, you have no idea...

I literally asked Kow something too, I think Kow is avoiding us... you don't vote, say "hi everyone" then dissapear?? feels like scum forcing an opening post, hoping to fly under the radar
Is forcing out this read on me like what I did is scum motivated. How is it scum motivated to bring attention to yourself? Also the fact that they even say that joining another wagon would have been okay, just not them. I don't like any of it. And how would that post put me under the radar? Just such a wild case made from literally a vote and two other words.

The response from Andante was more what I expect from someone being put to L1. This is way too much from way too little.
I would argue that bringing attention to yourself is just as effective a tactic as trying to be in the background; in fact, in the past I tended to find the people who are the most talkative to be the most suspicious of all.

What about them?
102 is a nothing post, I think you're mistaken on number.
In post 116, Herta wrote:
In post 115, GamerGryff wrote:

What about them?
this is fair, but yeah I'd like to know why I was excluded from those voting kowahbunga.
Simple. I was going off the current votecount as listed on page 4, and you're not there. As previously mentioned, I've been skimming since I've been at work all day (note to all: I'll be doing that a lot as I work a job that gives me time to look away for short bursts, but I still have quotas to meet).
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 120, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Other 2 idk
I’m not saying I agree
I think red and Andante are town rn. Don’t feel the same about Klick or Penguin yet. That’s all to what I said.
Disagree on red. He hasn't posted enough to warrant a read.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 96, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 91, geraintm wrote:

Argh, naughty point for you. Yes, how useful to pick 4 players and suggest 1 could be scum....
Please explain how pointing out that someone who's already got about half votes needed for lynch less than 24 hours into the game is bad. All I said is to keep an eye on those people since there's a decent chance that one of them is scum since they're bandwagoning.

Because throwing a net like that is very likely to catch one scum , it doesn't mean anything but gives players opportunity later on to say they always thought a player was scummy.

It is day 1, there is pretty much nothing anyone can do which should set off a real scum ping. Just go with the flow and wait till tomorrow. Doing otherwise will make me pay attention
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by redFF »

In post 123, geraintm wrote:It is day 1, there is pretty much nothing anyone can do which should set off a real scum ping.
do you really think this ?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”