Survivor Meet: 06/15/23-06/20/23 (18/20 player slots)

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Mist7676 »

ego posting
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Shea also pointed out to me that Survivors really only need a few bags of rice, so scratch that, we should all be good. Right?
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Hey everyone!

Here is the first proposed budget I have for the game.

Just to explain a few things:

Spoiler: Lodging Costs
I expect we'll have 30 people at the property in total. That affects the space we have to get as well as meals. I'm not going to assume everyone that goes will be 100% comfortable with sharing a bed with someone else so the property is probably the most expensive it will get. It could get cheaper if people agree to share a bed with someone as that means we can lock more rooms and the cleaning fee goes down.

The meal cost is broken down as $3 per person for Breakfast, $7 pp for Lunch, and $10 pp for Dinner. I'll probably look up exact recipes and meals that are simple to prep and expand for multiple people and then get an ok from everyone to ensure everyone's dietary restrictions are met or we have a few alternatives for folks if they just don't like what's prepared. This cost would not be required to reserve a spot.

Transportation is to get a rental car in order to get people to and from the airport. This cost could be mitigated all together if we have people that are willing to drive and can fit everyone. This could also be helpful if people want to explore the city/challenges away from the house. I'd love to be able to get everyone to a location at the same time. That's kind of where experiences comes in, if we wanted to like go to an event all together or do something like that. That cost could also be removed all together if we just stay in the house the whole time but that'll be a conversation for later :P

Finally, the last non-Survivor cost is just materials I'd like around the house to deal with messes. I assume any good rental location would have these tools so I'd check in first before tacking on this cost, but it'd probably be good to have a few things in case people's stuff breaks like a few toothbrushes, some toothpaste, maybe some cheap razors or shaving cream. This could be in a nice central location that anyone can take from if they need it. Traveling is hard!

Spoiler: Game Costs
Printing would include laminating any materials or things I need to bring to the game on paper. I can get free printing so the cost is moreso for protecting materials from getting ruined.

Challenge Supplies would be any props needed to make the game physical. I'd hope to use things I already own or other mods, but sometimes a challenge calls for a lot of something and it's best to just get a copy for each player/tribe. The budget would be $10 for each challenge, but since that number is not revealed just yet, that number is an estimate. Of course, not every challenge would use that so just an estimate.

Overall game supplies include things we'll need for sure. A nice voting urn, markers, something for an idol, etc. Again, I'd like to source things to bring the cost down for players, but if people are willing to put it into the budget, I'd love that.

Last thing is Filming which is definitely not going to be a player cost. That's something Shea has been coordinating with and I just included it on the budget for overall note taking but I'll let him share any details he wishes!

So over all, the most expensive the cost can be per player right now is about $277.80. That cost can come down if we are efficient with sleeping arrangements, get people to bring cars, source items for challenges from already purchased things etc. Whenever the time comes to start booking the place, the only cost associated with reserving a slot would be the Rental cost. Everything else could come after.

This also comes with an ask to please reach out to me if you are interested in helping host! I have a few ideas already written down but no one to talk things out with or share just yet. Obviously, if you reach out to host and we start talking through ideas, you can't then swap back down to be a player. So feel free to take some time and think through this decision!

Also, in terms of WHEN this would happen, ideally I'd like the event to be 4 days (2 of which would be travel days, people coming in early and leaving late). Which means we'd have to plan this around a federal holiday just to ensure most people have the days off. Some weeks that makes sense are:

Feb 17th - Feb 20th (Friday - Monday into President's Day/Washington's Birthday)
May 26th - May 29th (Friday - Monday into Memorial Day)
June 16th - June 19th (Friday - Monday into Juneteenth)

Any thoughts on this proposed schedule? I feel like past Juneteenth, it gets too far out and we can just have this conversation later.

I have no real preference and could probably swing any of these dates.

PEDIT: Oh wow, I wrote this a few days ago and only now got around to sending this.. Thank you for jumpstarting the conversation again! Anyone interested in helping out should DM me on Discord (I'm far more active there: mist#7676)
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Not too late at all!!

Again proposing these holidays:

Feb 17th - Feb 20th (Friday - Monday into President's Day/Washington's Birthday)
May 26th - May 29th (Friday - Monday into Memorial Day)
June 16th - June 19th (Friday - Monday into Juneteenth)

Anyone have any preference? I think the reservation could start on Thursday in order to prepare/get things ready, allow travel time and the actual game would be Fri/Sat/Sun and Monday could be for travel and/or wrapping up?
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 67, Thestatusquo wrote:I feel pretty confident locking in june. Not sure about the exact week or length but it seems like the overwhelming response is that june is better for folks.
Slay.

Does that mean we should start moving this into its own thread :O.
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Is the only reasonable amtrak from Chicago to South Bend really at 6 PM? There's nothing earlier?
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Mist7676 »

?
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Mist7676 »

no pregaming. the f4 is officially banned. no refunds.
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:15 am

Post by Mist7676 »

As a reminder, if you're interested in hosting or helping out please DM me on discord (mist#7676) :) I have a few outlines of a game that I want to run by someone to tell me "This is crazy!" "This needs more!" etc. Once you receive any information, you will not be allowed to play so that no one gets an advantage.
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #9) » Sun May 21, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

just sent out a form to everyone! if you haven't gotten it, please let me know!!

additionally, still looking for 3 more slots :) if you're on the fence, decide now, join us!!
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #10) » Mon May 22, 2023 3:05 am

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 176, D3f3nd3r wrote: Will there be a spectators Discord as well?
yes! if you want to spectate this game feel free to reach out to fen or I so we can keep track and add you when the time comes <3
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Mist7676 »

For spectators, today we'll be holding a draft! If you want to get in on it, join the Discord before tonight at 8 PM EST. Dm mist7676 on Discord (my username has changed to be without the discriminator).
You Are Worth It

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”