Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I have discovered that I am currently the topic of discussion lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 570, unwnd wrote: I either am town with Lukewarm or he loses against me

So why the hell is he saying shit like 'I'm sorry you don't see it this game'

I'm not trying to lord over him or anything, it's just that if I were in a game and I know some guy can find me with 100% accuracy I'd be way more receptive towards him???
That might be your perception of your read rate on me, but I also know that you were really sure that I was scum for most of Day 1 in Bloodstained.

That game, it you did not town read me until the moment that I got a really strong scum read on Titus, and so when you were not town reading me yet this time, and *I* was aware that I had not found a big scum read yet, I just kinda shrug and assumed we'd get there eventually.

Also, when I first saw your meter on me, I opened up a new post and typed up a response multiple times before just deleting it because it was too early to get annoyed at the fact that you think you are the Luke-whisperer lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 598, petapan wrote:
In post 587, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Okay, so Unwnd, can you tell me if you think Luke is the type who would specifically mimic an interaction to try and engender a townread?
i think it's not uncommon practice for people to repeat things they said as town when they're playing scum to fake a towntell, i'd have to check the original interaction to see how similar it is but if it's a copy i'd be more concerned, not less
They were certainly similar, in that I saw LLD make a town read, and then stopped myself from questioning her on it, because I know that she does not like to explain town reads.

They came about in slightly different scenarios, in HoTD, someone was getting into a 1v1 with her over the fact that she would not explain a town read, and I was trying to like... let them know that that is par for the course this time. While, in this game, Taly asked me what I thought about LLD giving me a town read, and I was saying that I was not really sure why she would at this point, but it was pointless to ask
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

Aye

I don't always find you immediately but I got high hopes I eventually will

Or I don't and you're scum
Stop
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:24 pm

Post by notscience »

Marci is Luke scum?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 596, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 438, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 437, Cephrir wrote:
In post 436, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 434, Cephrir wrote: Ok I don't think it's doing anything anymore so: I had a moderate gut ping on notty (which still persists if I'm honest) and I decided it would be fun to go on the attack and get some reactions

For my next trick,
VOTE: Ydrasse
Ceph, if it was just a gut ping, why were you also trying to shoot down my reasons for thinking that he was more likely town?

And what reactions were you looking for? Do you feel like you got anything out of it?
Because I disagreed with your reasoning. I did think he was scum, but even if I didn't, I would have nitpicked your thoughts process there because I found it odd and thought it might even be scum indicative for you
Do you really think that on like page 3, scum!notty would think that the best use of his time to get town read would be to do some meta work on the Taly slot?

Like, that does not seem like the natural thought process on how to spend time for scum.

Is in thread actively talking to players -> decides to stop posting for 20 mins to do some meta on a slot, and then not even use it to make a push -> unvote from the slot that.

It just does not seem like realisitic scum motivated plan.

Compared to the town process

Sees something that they find suspicious about a player -> go skim that player's opening games to see if it was scum indicative -> realize that it is a play style difference -> unvote.

Yeah, the town process seems more likely to me then the scum one.
Like reading this interaction, Luke feels like he is saying things because they are what he is supposed to say, as opposed to approaching it more naturally.
In that ineraction, I was asking Ceph because I thought that Ceph's approach to Notty was kinda scummy, and I was trying to piece together if her really thought what he was saying. I was kind of thinking that he might just be shooting down reasons to town read Notty, to keep Notty under pressure. So I was trying to push into his stated reasons for doing it. I kinda dropped it though, because I liked his final comment in
In post 452, Cephrir wrote:
In post 439, Lukewarm wrote: I actually think that "scum him thought that just *saying* he was doing meta in order to get town read" was more likely then him actually dedicating his time to do that there. Which is why I went back and looked at that time to see if there really was a decrease in his posting leading up to him saying that he had done meta on them
I just severely disagree with this but I guess it's not very important
Kinda derailed my thinking. The way he said it felt like he really did weigh those options differently then me, regardless of his alignment, and therefore the difference between mine and his thinking on it stopped feeling AI
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by unwnd »

BTW I don't think I'm the Luke-whisperer, Luke

You have the capability to fool me or hell I just misread you

I do think that you're easy to find you're town when you are town though

Guess a bit of it is pushing at you but I'm not trying to frustrate you
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 603, unwnd wrote: Aye

I don't always find you immediately but I got high hopes I eventually will

Or I don't and you're scum
Ok.

When I flip town, I guess I can start pointing to this game to show you that you are not actually a Luke-whisperer.

It does not really feel like actually talking *to you* *about me* is actually going to help you find me thought. And I already feel like you are town. So it feels like my effort at this point is better served hunting down scum
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 584, unwnd wrote: Yeah and I think personality absolutely matters when it comes to people. I think for old codgers like ourselves we're more represented by our will to win. Lukewarm is no slouch, but I don't think he finds joy in tricking people like that. He wants to just be townread on merit of being a good unassuming townie. He does extra when he's
actually
town however
I don't know if this will help you at all, but I am not really sure that this is a very accurate description of me. In general, I prefer to be scum over being town
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:41 pm

Post by Taly »

Notty, you've alluded several times to suspicion on Bell, what stops you from wagoning there?

peta, why are the off-vibes from Ydrasse scum-motivated?

Gaia
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 609, Taly wrote: Notty, you've alluded several times to suspicion on Bell, what stops you from wagoning there?

Gaia
I don’t think the extra pressures going to do much atp and I still want to let him develop some
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 497, Ydrasse wrote: voting me isn't going to accomplish a lot of a reaction right now, sorry
You aren't curious about the votes, that is counter-intuitive for town.

Gaia
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 610, notscience wrote:
In post 609, Taly wrote: Notty, you've alluded several times to suspicion on Bell, what stops you from wagoning there?

Gaia
I don’t think the extra pressures going to do much atp and I still want to let him develop some
Vicky didn't like any of Bell's recent posting and Taly's not pinged by Ydrasse as that wagon is, but I'd like to direct my attention to more than four people.

Gaia
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 609, Taly wrote:Notty, you've alluded several times to suspicion on Bell, what stops you from wagoning there?

Gaia
because the feeling is not her being town and unmotivated but awkwardly trying to fit in, her vote on you justified as you "feeling weird" was weak
free crypto
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 613, petapan wrote:
In post 609, Taly wrote:Notty, you've alluded several times to suspicion on Bell, what stops you from wagoning there?<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">peta, why are the off-vibes from Ydrasse scum-motivated?<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">Gaia
because the feeling is not her being town and unmotivated but awkwardly trying to fit in, her vote on you justified as you "feeling weird" was weak
Bell's
wasn't?

taly
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 474, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 472, unwnd wrote: How to engage this PList without inferring about meta every 5 seconds
imagine everyone with their clothes off

or is that for being nervous

idk, do it anyway
I am going back to catch up, and I am surprised to see that *vibes turned up to 11* from LLD did not dissipate when she came back to the thread today, presumably less high then the day before.

Which is odd, but I also have no idea what that means for her alignment, because I have not seen *vibes turned up to 11* from either flavor of LLD.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 614, Taly wrote:
In post 613, petapan wrote:
In post 609, Taly wrote:Notty, you've alluded several times to suspicion on Bell, what stops you from wagoning there?<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">peta, why are the off-vibes from Ydrasse scum-motivated?<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">Gaia
Bell's
wasn't?

taly
nope

bell has pretty clearly made statements of actual substance and him taking a swing at you definitely had more to it based on his explanation. i also think his tone here is different in that he has a self-assuredness in his own alignment as town he doesn't replicate as scum
free crypto
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 475, petapan wrote: imo dunn is always going to talk about mechanical things because that's the player he is but it felt like a smokescreen for substance in this case. kingtroll fos from him also doesn't really click with me, could be making something out of a pretty nothing explanation for a number pick
Is there a reason why this is something that you feel about Dunn, but not saying that about me? I feel like I have said just as much about that from KingTroll as he has
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 492, petapan wrote:
In post 315, Lukewarm wrote: LLD is null, and I did kinda like that Peta both established a list of people that he could default to scum reading, and then immediately proceeded to vote three people not on that list.
this is a pretty wack thing to townlean me for actually

like what i'm so inflexible as scum that i make an opening like that and have to stick to it?? bizarre
That... does not feel like you understood what I was saying there.

I have tried three times to reword what I meant there, but I don't think that I am making it any more clear >.<

Tl;dr : it was not that you didnt stick with it, it is that it was dropped entirely. And also, it was not a strong thought more, "the only alignment thought I had had about you so far"
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by Taly »

Hmmmm, we still have reservations with
Bell
but this vote is feeling like a vanity at this point.

VOTE: Ydrasse -
Yume's (yes, ours)
itching for a weighted wagon.

So far our system agreed on two townreads;
peta
and
notty
, and that's a LOT more work than it sounds lmao

we gotta sleep, night

Taly
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 617, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 475, petapan wrote: imo dunn is always going to talk about mechanical things because that's the player he is but it felt like a smokescreen for substance in this case. kingtroll fos from him also doesn't really click with me, could be making something out of a pretty nothing explanation for a number pick
Is there a reason why this is something that you feel about Dunn, but not saying that about me? I feel like I have said just as much about that from KingTroll as he has
i also came to dislike your kingtroll vote as a potential cop out! at the time i made that post your vote hadn't caught my attention as i was focused on other people
free crypto
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 554, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 550, unwnd wrote: He's just severely lacking in the department of personable traits. He's spent a ton of time skirting the surface of what's going on and that's it. His first post I called him out might've been an exaggeration but his responses to me also just gave me chills. That post he made where's like 'I'm sorry you don't see it this game' like in what world does such a personable and receptive guy like Lukewarm give such a off-beat answer? That's like, something fucking Bell would do. Do you get me here. He doesn't respond like that as town. If he saw I was dishing out some wordsalad on him he'd be ready with the fork and dig in. He didn't give a shit and moved on, only skirting the surface.

He's just..not like that as town.
Okay, so your feeling is that Luke is being skittish, because he's worried he'll give something away. He's staying on the edges of what is safe to say, and using that to dance away from danger and find his footing.

So in this worldview, Luke would have asked Peta and I about leading him as a way to gather two strong shields he could have pitch solving ideas at him, and then take the one he likes best and run with it and sink his teeth in there, having backup from a louder more aggressive player if he gets questioned on it.

And because he got rebuffed by you from that, he's been scrambling to find another entry point.

Is that about a summary?
Like, I hate to do self meta on this, but this is... not how I play scum. Like, "making up good scum cases on people I know are town" is like my one (1) strength as scum (other then just being a high post count player in general), so I really don't know why you would think that "Luke looks like he needs help coming up with scum case ideas from other players" is something that would make you think I was more likely to be scum, then when you thought I was town at the start of the game...
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 571, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Right, yeah. So... my experience is that Luke really is that affable you talk about, and that's very very very fair and normal.

My experience is also that... circumstantially, the previous game I played with Luke (HotD) Luke was much more subdued as town in terms of... energy.

So I'm wondering... circumstantially, how you're... taking that into account
In post 573, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: god it's awkward to dance around this please for the love of god tell me you understand
Oh... um. This makes me feel icky. I think I would rather you miselim me then use this as an angle to call me town >.<

But also, you are not calling me town? So I really don't know what you are doing, but... yeah.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by notscience »

For the record my read on you is the only thing keeping my tinfoil prediction a tinfoil prediction
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 576, unwnd wrote:
In post 571, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Right, yeah. So... my experience is that Luke really is that affable you talk about, and that's very very very fair and normal.

My experience is also that... circumstantially, the previous game I played with Luke (HotD) Luke was much more subdued as town in terms of... energy.

So I'm wondering... circumstantially, how you're... taking that into account
I just went to go get a quotewall of our brief interaction in HotD, you should be able to spot the differences immediately:

Spoiler:
In post 1791, unwnd wrote: Did Lukewarm improve in the scum department? That's an unabashed 'I am town lukewarm extended my hand out to anyone as I feel unsure' post if I ever saw one
In post 1795, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1791, unwnd wrote:Did Lukewarm improve in the scum department?
In post 1796, unwnd wrote: Nice post Lukewarm reminds me when you're town
In post 1797, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1791, unwnd wrote:Did Lukewarm improve in the scum department? That's an unabashed 'I am town lukewarm extended my hand out to anyone as I feel unsure' post if I ever saw one
If you were to ask pooky, he would tell you that I am so amazingly perfect as scum that one must never town read me without a cop inno on me, so there :twisted:
In post 1798, unwnd wrote: Scum you would've just taken the credit immediately instead of trying to reinstate yourself

Hmm yes I think I will keep this one
In post 1800, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1798, unwnd wrote:Scum you would've just taken the credit immediately instead of trying to reinstate yourself

Hmm yes I think I will keep this one
It is fairly frustrating that this is exactly how I picture you figuring you that I am town when you are town, but I also hate it
Dude, there are so many differences in those scenarios. Like, in that game, you repped in, and confidently, correctly, called me town, while simultaneously calling me bad at playing scum. And it PISSED ME OFF that *I* town read *you* for doing that. Like, your read on me annoyed me, and my read on you also annoyed me lol

This game, you vagued about not having a town read one me (which I incorrectly took to be a null read) and that evoked a completely different reaction from me. It neither pissed me off, nor made me think that you were town. So you just got a cheeky response from me. Once you made it clear that it was a full blown scum read, it changed the calculus, because there was a difference between you not yet having a read on me, and you being very convinced that I am scum. But me reaching out to you also did not seem to help. idk man

Return to “Completed Open Games”