Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:19 pm

Post by Herta »

This is certainly not a friendly place to play, but there are other mafia sites that are. So don't give up on the game if you like it.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:20 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 724, GamerGryff wrote: Screw it, I'm just gonna say it. If you wanna vote me out, I don't care anymore.

I came back because I missed this game, but it seems the same thing that made me leave in the first place is here too. You can't judge every player the same. I'm old. I'm rusty, I work two jobs and can barely make it one day fully conscious anymore. I've never been good at this game, but I like playing. But I was always first on chopping block because nobody likes my style of play. And yes, I don't have a lot to say Day 1 because it's Day fucking 1. You can't gleam much from that, and surprise surprise, people look for an easy wagon. When you're down two townies tomorrow because you voted me out, would it be worth it?

I should've never come back. The mental stress of this is too much for me to handle. Maybe I just longed for the simpler days, before the endless bore of the daily grind, before the incessant cyberbullying I've suffered that almost made me a shut-in. Maybe I just wanted to relive the innocence of my youth. I've always sucked at this, but I do what I can. But I don't have the time or patience to wait around a month for another game. You all get to play together all the time, that much is obvious. This was my way of testing the waters of whether it was worth it to come back, but as always, I get the short end of the stick. I've always been easy pickings for scum to push a mislim on me, because I'm not good at the game. I wanted a little more excitement in my life, but maybe I'm not meant to have it.

Intent to hammer in 16 hours
HOLY SHIT THIS.

Please don't leave me here alone to teach people that we're people and not just mutations of the perfect Mafia player.

The site isn't all bad, just tell people they're wrong when they scumread you and most of them should learn that over a couple of games.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:21 pm

Post by Klick »

What a legend honestly
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 725, Herta wrote: This is certainly not a friendly place to play, but there are other mafia sites that are. So don't give up on the game if you like it.
I don't have the energy to try and look for somewhere else. I barely function from a day-to-day basis as is, this place is the only place I knew where I genuinely had fun playing the game and where I wasn't judged for being myself. But eventually it became way too frustrating when you suck. I thought maybe I'd had gotten better at reading people as my life marched on but I suppose that only works when you have to look at them face-to-face.

Life is hard enough for me without this stress. Being the emotional support for someone who self-sabotages constantly can be just as tiring as working a 40-hour week. I needed the levity, but I guess I looked in the wrong spot.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Heh, but hey, you guys aren't the therapist I need. I shouldn't dump that baggage on you. Always been a problem I struggle with, along with getting frustrated when no one listens. I'm usually pretty decent at hiding that, but when I've hit my limit it just comes spillin' on out.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:34 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 728, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 725, Herta wrote: This is certainly not a friendly place to play, but there are other mafia sites that are. So don't give up on the game if you like it.
I don't have the energy to try and look for somewhere else. I barely function from a day-to-day basis as is, this place is the only place I knew where I genuinely had fun playing the game and where I wasn't judged for being myself. But eventually it became way too frustrating when you suck. I thought maybe I'd had gotten better at reading people as my life marched on but I suppose that only works when you have to look at them face-to-face.

Life is hard enough for me without this stress. Being the emotional support for someone who self-sabotages constantly can be just as tiring as working a 40-hour week. I needed the levity, but I guess I looked in the wrong spot.
Well there are sites where people do respect the person behind the player.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:37 pm

Post by Klick »

Don't think that you're bad. At its core this game is about being able to read people and influence people. I suck at the second bit but am pretty good at the first bit and I get on alright.

When I first came on the site I was constantly ignored and eliminated for being a VI over, and over, and over again. People were horrible to me. Part of the problem was that I was literally 13 and still figuring a lot of things out. But there was a big problem with people being stuck in their own perspectives.

Tge site is in a better place for that right now that I've ever seen it. You seem to have the foundations in a good place for being able to ACTUALLY read people well. So I think it'd be really cool if you stuck around.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by Klick »

@all

Gryff is incredibly obvious town. If you're town, get your head out of your ass and find somewhere else to vote.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:39 pm

Post by Firebringer »

some people take games too seriously.

if u aren't here to joke and have fun why play
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:41 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 720, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 716, GamerGryff wrote: AtE incoming, for realz, yo.

This is my first game back in 5 years, and ya'll wanna vote me out day 1. How am I suppose to get my sea legs back if ya'll don't let me play? It's day one and ya'll are way overthinking the shit I say. Seriously.
If you’re willing to a) vote Firebringer and b) do it with me, that’s certainly on the table
no response to my last post i see.

i agree with klick, gamma open wolf
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:42 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 733, Firebringer wrote: some people take games too seriously.

Whether I like it or not, I've always been annoyingly competitive. I can't stand it when I'm not good at something. It's a reason I refuse to play fighting games with other people.

Sorry. I genuinely do want to have fun.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

u can be competitive and not care about getting elimmed tho.
if i were u i would be trying to sort who on ur wagon is scum motivated instead of getting frustrated that there is a wagon on u.

or just laugh at the stupidity of any arguments that ur scum.
theres plenty of options available. blowing up is the least healthy for urself and the game.
Show

GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:48 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 731, Klick wrote: Don't think that you're bad. At its core this game is about being able to read people and influence people. I suck at the second bit but am pretty good at the first bit and I get on alright.

When I first came on the site I was constantly ignored and eliminated for being a VI over, and over, and over again. People were horrible to me. Part of the problem was that I was literally 13 and still figuring a lot of things out. But there was a big problem with people being stuck in their own perspectives.

Tge site is in a better place for that right now that I've ever seen it. You seem to have the foundations in a good place for being able to ACTUALLY read people well. So I think it'd be really cool if you stuck around.
I wasn't quite as young as you when I joined (15), and I definitely think that was a part of it, but I also think there was my failure to latch on to the core concepts of the game, as you say, reading and influencing. I recall influencing another player when I was a vet in a newbie game using friendliness and obliviousness to my advantage, and that was about the only times I ever ended up winning as scum. Maybe three times total? I'm not quite sure. But as for town? I guess my failure to accept that I wasn't very good at reading people made me try to project an air of actually knowing what the hell I was doing, even though, as a kid, I genuinely had no idea what that was.

Come to think of it... I think I remember seeing your name around from time to time, but I don't think we ever interacted.

I'm going to go attempt to sleep, though my chronic insomnia means I'll be staying up looking at my phone for another hour. See you all in the morning before I get to my job.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

what was ur old username
Show

GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:51 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 736, Firebringer wrote: u can be competitive and not care about getting elimmed tho.
if i were u i would be trying to sort who on ur wagon is scum motivated instead of getting frustrated that there is a wagon on u.

or just laugh at the stupidity of any arguments that ur scum.
theres plenty of options available. blowing up is the least healthy for urself and the game.
It's just frustrating that I was so looking forward to playing again, only to get the same treatment that made me leave in the first place.

For what it is worth tho

I genuinely do think andante is scum, in part, because the way she carries herself is pretty close to the way I used to play. But there's also the erraticness, and, not to echo someone else's point, but the fact that she keeps trying to force content out of people. It seems to me like an obvious attempt at trying to seem obvtown.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 738, Firebringer wrote: what was ur old username
With all due respect, I've left that name behind due to some personal painful memories associated with it. I've been a victim of harassment when using that name and similar ones associated with it, so I would prefer that it remains out of sight, out of mind. I know that will seem as though I'm trying to hide my past, but I genuinely do suffer from intrusive thoughts and trauma from my time being referred to as my former name. That's why I made this account, to get away from it, and let the old me die.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i think andante is scum too. I think that was my biggest point against andante is that her posting feels forceful.

do u think gamma is town?

p-edit - okay won't pry further
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:58 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i was really curious because u said u played five years ago, and ive been playing pretty continuously on this site since i joined in 2015. I am now an old fart here.

i was wondering if we crossed paths in a game.
I also used to play in way too many games at once.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:58 pm

Post by Firebringer »

but again ill drop it.
Show

GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:01 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 741, Firebringer wrote: i think andante is scum too. I think that was my biggest point against andante is that her posting feels forceful.

do u think gamma is town?

p-edit - okay won't pry further
I'm starting to have my misgivings on Gamma. I was initially a townlean though with the caveat of Herta being town making her suspicious, though I'll say her jumping on my wagon with basically no fanfare the moment that steam for theirs left is very scummy behavior. Kow would be in the same boat if he wasn't seriously just over this far worse than me, haha.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:03 pm

Post by Klick »

Because I want to learn something

I think it's fine if you want to joke and have fun
But let me do my thing please
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:04 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Honestly speaking I think I had more fun modding games back then rather than playing them due to the aforementioned reasons. There's definitely some nostalgia for my younger days. I remember staying up til the wee hours of the morn reading the games I was in trying (and failing) to actually catch anyone.

I've never been a huge fan of playing town for that reason.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:05 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 735, GamerGryff wrote:

Whether I like it or not, I've always been annoyingly competitive. I can't stand it when I'm not good at something. It's a reason I refuse to play fighting games with other people.

Sorry. I genuinely do want to have fun.
I see. I am reading Gryff accurately because we are incredibly similar people. :P
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:05 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 745, Klick wrote:

Because I want to learn something

I think it's fine if you want to joke and have fun
But let me do my thing please
no, im forcing u to have fun and joke or ur banned.
Im the police of content of this game.

If ur post doesn't contain at least 2 jokes. U get eliminated.
These are firebringer rules and u will respect my AURITAHY
Show

GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:07 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Given what I'm seeing here, I think andante/Gamma are a pretty safe pairing, though I'll admit I have no idea about anyone else.

I will note, I also absolutely do not like red's minimalistic commentary and focusing on hyper-specific (and imo often irrelevant) details

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”