Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Not voting (1) - forbiddanlight, Flask of Pestilence, Rishi, Farkshinsoup, Knight of Cydonia, iamausername, Tarhalindur, Elmo, andersonw, Grimmy, camn

Six
votes to lynch.

Tarhalindur has requested replacement.
Last edited by destructor on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by camn »

Tarhalindur wrote:Bleh, camn doesn't appear to be dangerous.

In other news, I'm requesting replacement - there's no way I'm going to be able to keep up with this game.
Gods you are infuriating.
I get so happy, and then so angry.. all at once.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Vote: Rishi
for now, based on the claimed block and his terrible jump on me yesterday.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:23 am

Post by Rishi »

You know, there were other people on the KoC wagon (including KoC himself - the only reason that I ever feel a self-vote is useful is if someone is scum wanting to end the day early to limit the spread of information), so I'm not sure why I'm getting so much attention.

My reason for voting KoC was simple: MacLock claimed a power role while KoC was (at that point) a vanilla townie. Yeah, I found ML more suspicious than KoC throughout Day 1, but we had a situation where we had two players, one of whom must have been scum. I was hoping that, if ML was telling the truth, we'd still have the power role around.

I find two scum groups very unlikely. Since Fark's roleblock of me didn't have any effect, it means that two potential kills were stopped in two other ways, which seems a bit coincidental. Probably one scum group and something like a doc protection.

Finally, I'd like to hear from andersonw. It was obvious that either ML or KoC was scum towards the end of the day, but no vote at all?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:32 am

Post by iamausername »

Well, as Tar got an innocent on camn, it does seem like a
Vote: Rishi
is kind of a no-brainer. His actions regarding Macavity yesterday are deeply suspicious, considering Macavity's flip, there was no kill last night and Fark claims to have blocked him. It's pretty damning.

Here's everything Rishi had to say about Macavity yesterday:
Rishi wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
andersonw wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:Given what I've seen in other games I've read, I think it makes good sense to officially request a claim from any self-voter. How do people feel about this?
Why do you think this? Could you give an example of a game where it was helpful?
Honestly, I've never seen it done before. It's an idea I recently had (but didn't actually bring up) in another game where someone self-voted. (Game ongoing.) To me, it feels like self-voting is inviting a lynch on oneself. It feels like de facto L-1. I'm really not sure, which is why I brought it up as a question here, but I think it might be a strategy worth trying.

Obviously, that strategy would not come in to play during random vote stage.
Self-voting is pretty crazy. I think there's a very narrow range of possibilities where it's actually a good play. However, to say that it deserves an auto-claim is a bit too much of a stretch.

What's especially bad about your statements is that you're not even voting for Timeater and you want a claim from him? Anyway, I still would like Timeater to explain his actions, but I also want to know what the deal is asking for a claim from a person who you're not even voting for.
Rishi wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:I was asking for people's opinions on a claim, not directly asking for a claim. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If people aren't for that, and it sounds like most aren't, then I'm fine with not going there, and just asking for an explanation.
But were you supporting the idea of a claim? My impression is that you thought that claiming was a good idea, when, in fact, it wasn't.
Rishi wrote:In fact,
I probably wouldn't be willing to help lynch anyone right now except for Fark and MacavityLock (whose case never picked up the steam it deserved)
. Maybe one of the lurkers, if it came down to it (like Awesome Pants or andersonw), but only right at deadline. As for other wagons, no one has made a convincing enough case yet, for me.
And that's it. Considering the fact that the Macavity wagon actually did "pick up the steam it deserved" after this, and Rishi had absolutely nothing to say on that matter, this seems like some pretty obvious distancing.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

Rishi wrote:You know, there were other people on the KoC wagon (including KoC himself - the only reason that I ever feel a self-vote is useful is if someone is scum wanting to end the day early to limit the spread of information), so I'm not sure why I'm getting so much attention.
I find this difficult to believe. On day 1 you expressed suspicion of MacavityLock without ever pushing his lynch, which is a common way for scum to appear against each other without putting their partner in real danger. We also have someone claiming to have roleblocked you on a night where no kills happened.
Rishi wrote:My reason for voting KoC was simple: MacLock claimed a power role while KoC was (at that point) a vanilla townie. Yeah, I found ML more suspicious than KoC throughout Day 1, but we had a situation where we had two players, one of whom must have been scum. I was hoping that, if ML was telling the truth, we'd still have the power role around.
Meh. The jailkeeper claim was a factor, but it still seems weird to go for the guy you think is less likely to be scum. I'll repeat my question from before: you thought two protective roles would seem odd, what about two roleblocking roles? What's your opinion of Fark?

Patrick.
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Elmo »

I think I pointed out that if Macavity was telling the truth, he'd just be nightkilled if we lynched KoCScum.

Mini-PBPA. Go.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by destructor »

Kison replaces Tarhalindur. Thanks!
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by andersonw »

camn wrote:Also..
FoS andersonw
for not voting yesterday.
May I ask why this is scummy?
Rishi wrote:Finally, I'd like to hear from andersonw. It was obvious that either ML or KoC was scum towards the end of the day, but no vote at all?
I still wasn't sure who to vote, and I figured that ML would have been lynched anyways, so it wouldn't have mattered.

Also:
Rishi wrote: Since Fark's roleblock of me didn't have any effect,
Does this mean that you believe Fark's claim?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by camn »

It's like you didn't want to take a stand. Or be on record for taking a certain position. Thats why.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:24 am

I think that, if we have any other protective roles, we need them to come out now - that's the only way we can build on Fark's claimed block of Rishi.
It almost looks like D1 again - one of them is probably lying, and is scum - it's simply a case of picking the right one today, and hoping. I believe Fark's claim for now, and I don't like the fact Rishi chainsawed for ML on my wagon all day.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:44 am

Post by Rishi »

Flask of Pestilence wrote: Meh. The jailkeeper claim was a factor, but it still seems weird to go for the guy you think is less likely to be scum. I'll repeat my question from before: you thought two protective roles would seem odd, what about two roleblocking roles? What's your opinion of Fark?
I don't think there would be two roleblocking roles either, but I could see one roleblocking role and one protective role. I need to re-read Fark - I know I was suspicious of him yesterday. I don't like how his playstyle changed (it could be real life issues). He was so active early in the game and has been a lot more quiet as of late.
andersonw wrote: May I ask why this is scummy?
Because it's an obvious move to avoid suspicion. If you jumped on the ML bandwagon, it might have been seen as bussing. If you jumped on the KoC bandwagon, then it would have seemed that you were trying to save ML. You took the "safe" approach instead, which is why it seems scummy.
andersonw wrote:Does this mean that you believe Fark's claim?
Not necessarily. As I said above, I need to re-read Fark.
Knight of Cydonia wrote: I think that, if we have any other protective roles, we need them to come out now - that's the only way we can build on Fark's claimed block of Rishi.
Good job rolefishing. You do realize that you're not in the clear? We have no proof that you didn't bus ML by faking a claim.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Rishi wrote:My reason for voting KoC was simple: MacLock claimed a power role while KoC was (at that point) a vanilla townie. Yeah, I found ML more suspicious than KoC throughout Day 1, but we had a situation where we had two players, one of whom must have been scum. I was hoping that, if ML was telling the truth, we'd still have the power role around.
This is exactly why I voted KoC. It may not have been the best move, but just saying, it's a plausible explanation.
KoC wrote:I think that, if we have any other protective roles, we need them to come out now - that's the only way we can build on Fark's claimed block of Rishi.
It almost looks like D1 again - one of them is probably lying, and is scum - it's simply a case of picking the right one today, and hoping.
I don't think we should set this up as an "either/or" situation. It's not like yesterday, when clearly one of you was lying - it's possible that we are both telling the truth. The only way to shed light on it would be to expose our other protective roles (if we have any), which, at this point, I am against.

After thinking about it, I think that my RB of Rishi is a bit of a wash. That's not to say we shouldn't ultimately string him up, (I obviously find him scummy for other reasons, particularly how he tried to push my lynch for weak reasons when I was fighting with Timeater) In fact, I will
vote:Rishi

And
FoS andersonw
. Anderson, who is your top scum candidate right now? Doesn't have to be 100%, but I want to hear you express a firm opinion on someone.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:00 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm sorry I haven't been giving this game as much as I've been meaning to. I know I've been posting in other games, but those are mostly off the hip posts and I was hoping to do a more detailed one here seeing connections to maccavity. This week has been frenetic however and I haven't had as much chance as I'd like to get a good reread in. I don't think I'll get it tonight either, but possibly tomorrow evening, I thnk. It all depends on how my schedule goes. Sorry :(.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:34 am

Post by camn »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I think that, if we have any other protective roles, we need them to come out now -
FAIL

Dear Power Roles: Do Not Claim.

Gods this has been the most claim-happy game ever!

I agree that Fark's block doesn't implicate Rishi... PLUS, I don't really think we need to build on that case right now.
We know who Fark blocked. Eventually the scum will get around to killing him, if he is telling the truth, and then we can look at the SUM of his actions.

I know it is weird ESPECIALLY coming from me...... and maybe it was something in his RL, but Tarlahindur was giving me a weird vibe.
I would like to hear a little from his replacement.. (who is VERY brave, BTW! this is quite a game...)

Also... @Andersonw do YOU believe Fark's claim?

c
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:39 am

Post by iamausername »

destructor wrote:Kison replaces Tarhalindur. Thanks!
Kison, we're gonna need a claim right away.

Also, welcome to the game.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Elmo »

Emphatically seconded. Promising to claim, stalling, and then walking out is pretty scummy. Now, please.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by Kison »

Yo.

Since folks are demanding I claim, claim I shall.

I am Kara Thrace, the dead sexy blonde bad mamma jamma of the Battlestar Galactica series. She is in the delusional state after having the visions of earth(season 4). She can recall specific details from the visions, but only if she puts forth an ample amount of focus on the task. My ability is to, during the
day
, submit an investigation for a player. During the proceeding night I receive my result, which indicates whether or not a player is a source of danger. However, my target must be the same person on which I currently have my vote placed. The only result I have so far a non-dangerous on KingEnigma/Camn. No investigation has been sent in today as far as I can tell.

I'll have the game read in due time.

Love,

Starbuck
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:59 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Elmo wrote:Promising to claim, stalling, and then walking out is pretty scummy.
Am I missing something? When did this happen?
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:10 am

Post by iamausername »

It was a cunning ruse. See, if Kison had claimed something different to what Tar had already claimed, we could pretty much assume that he is scum.

As he didn't, we didn't really learn anything useful; he could be telling the truth about his role, he could be astute enough to figure out what me and Elmo were doing and dig through Tar's posts to find the right fake claim. But there was absolutely no downside to this plan; either it works, and we catch scum, or it doesn't, and nothing changes. So, clearly it was worth a try.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:41 am

Post by camn »

It wasn't THAT cunning!

But a worthwhile play nonetheless.

Back to andersonw?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:13 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Yeah, I'm slow, I had a suspicion that was what was happening, but I almost asked my question before he answered.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Elmo »

Kison is (probably) not dumb enough to fall for that. I think I overdid it a touch, too. Ah well, can't hurt to try.

What is more interesting is to see whether it looks like he's imitating Tar's claim or describing a real role PM. I need to hire a mafiascum secretary to do this kind of thing for me.

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Grimmy »

Rishi wrote:
andersonw wrote: May I ask why this is scummy?
Because it's an obvious move to avoid suspicion. If you jumped on the ML bandwagon, it might have been seen as bussing. If you jumped on the KoC bandwagon, then it would have seemed that you were trying to save ML. You took the "safe" approach instead, which is why it seems scummy.
The way you phrased this, you make him sound guilty no matter WHAT he would have done.

-vote ml- your scum thats bussing
-vote Koc- Scum trying to save ML
-no vote- Also scummy

seems kind of close minded, and it discredits much of the suspicion.
FOS: Rishi

Grimmy

chiming in with a special note

With the holiday coming up, I will be on sporadically monday tuesday and wednseday, and then will be home for a foru day weekend with no access whatsoever.

Have a good turkey day/tofu day (for all you vegans) all
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Why only an FoS, Grimmy?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”