Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Ydrasse »

epicmafia brain woke up for a moment
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:58 am

Post by petapan »

i think hypo can be a bit of a straitjacket on dayplay but if done properly it's brutal for scum
free crypto
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

shower thoughts about how to hypocop well:

-fake cops should bias their results towards innocent because of math. fake guilties are the easiest way for scum to narrow down the real cop
-for added fun, fake cops can play like their results are real and real cops can play like their results are fake

fwiw i do not think i would have made this post if i were scum

also, a random thought about how to run the tracker:

-marci probably should not out her full results. my suggestion would be that she report from the following options:
-no result (do not out your target in this case, for multiple reasons - one of them being you could have tracked the cop)
-my target visited someone other than the kill (don't out them)
-my target visited no one (don't out them)
-my target visited the kill (out them)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:34 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

replacing GreyICE for not picking up his prod - if he posts before I find a replacement he may continue to play
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

I'm here, I'm here dammit. I'll post. I've had a few deadlines.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Yee. He been busyyyy
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:39 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote count 1.13

with 14 votes in play, it takes 8 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-02-08 01:31:56).

yeet
KingTroll[7]:
Bell, marcistar, Cephrir, unwnd, Lady Lambdadelta, notscience, Ydrasse,
Save The Dragons[2]:
Lukewarm, Dunnstral,
Dunnstral[2]:
GreyICE, Save The Dragons,
marcistar[1]:
petapan,

Not Voting [2]:
KingTroll, Taly,

mod notesnone

flavourImage
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/them

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:08 am

Post by KingTroll »

Hello everyone! My absence and lack of content isn't pleasing to myself most of all! I had intended to ISO Dunn because they were a leading wagon at the time I was in thread, and then I simply didn't have the time or focus to get back into the game to actually do that. I'll try to give out a fuller grasp on the game (man, I haven't even voted so far this game, I've been
sluggish
), and I'm more than willing to livepost as much as I can with thoughts or theories.
In post 1738, Bell wrote: King troll.
Please claim.
I succesfully got the role I bidded for. I have three days (and a bit) to prove myself town without needing to claim my specific role now that I am actually able to play and not just slank. If I prove completely incapable of that or somehow vanish again and remain the consensus elim within 24 hours of day end, I will provide my full claim, even if I think that'll damper the utility of it.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1752, Cephrir wrote: shower thoughts about how to hypocop well:

-fake cops should bias their results towards innocent because of math. fake guilties are the easiest way for scum to narrow down the real cop
-for added fun, fake cops can play like their results are real and real cops can play like their results are fake

fwiw i do not think i would have made this post if i were scum

also, a random thought about how to run the tracker:

-marci probably should not out her full results. my suggestion would be that she report from the following options:
-no result (do not out your target in this case, for multiple reasons - one of them being you could have tracked the cop)
-my target visited someone other than the kill (don't out them)
-my target visited no one (don't out them)
-my target visited the kill (out them)
I agree with all of this
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1757, KingTroll wrote: Hello everyone! My absence and lack of content isn't pleasing to myself most of all! I had intended to ISO Dunn because they were a leading wagon at the time I was in thread, and then I simply didn't have the time or focus to get back into the game to actually do that. I'll try to give out a fuller grasp on the game (man, I haven't even voted so far this game, I've been
sluggish
), and I'm more than willing to livepost as much as I can with thoughts or theories.
In post 1738, Bell wrote: King troll.
Please claim.
I succesfully got the role I bidded for. I have three days (and a bit) to prove myself town without needing to claim my specific role now that I am actually able to play and not just slank. If I prove completely incapable of that or somehow vanish again and remain the consensus elim within 24 hours of day end, I will provide my full claim, even if I think that'll damper the utility of it.
I am fine with this
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:14 am

Post by unwnd »

I advocate playing the setup instead of treating all games like mountainous. While I understand my own 'plan' and call to order is not the most constructed, it is still a plan. I find that following a plan (even if poor) at least gives a point of reference later on. It also gets people to work together.
Stop
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:15 am

Post by KingTroll »

Hello, Dunnstral! Do you have any sparknotes or specific topics you'd like me to put forth a solid opinion or read on?

Also, I have seen that there's the [4 people we're confident would be a waste of a track] going on, I will get to that. Soon, I think.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:20 am

Post by unwnd »

There was a brief moment that GreyICE talked about this. I've thought about the number selection more. How likely is it for two partners to pick the same number? Thoughts in my head ranged from 'this means Taly/Peta/Notty can't be a team' but I'm unsure if that has substantial backing.

Despite this,
we do know that KT/Marci picked different numbers.
If we were somehow just on the money with our suspicions then flipping one of them would be able to somewhat answer that idea to some satisfaction.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:23 am

Post by unwnd »

Maybe it's a foolish thought but I can really only see scum going 'let's pick same number for lols' or 'let's pick different numbers and have our strongest member lowball for better odds'

That's how I've been reading it
Stop
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:25 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 1762, unwnd wrote: Image

There was a brief moment that GreyICE talked about this. I've thought about the number selection more. How likely is it for two partners to pick the same number? Thoughts in my head ranged from 'this means Taly/Peta/Notty can't be a team' but I'm unsure if that has substantial backing.

Despite this,
we do know that KT/Marci picked different numbers.
If we were somehow just on the money with our suspicions then flipping one of them would be able to somewhat answer that idea to some satisfaction.
Did I mention that I meant to type 4 and the 8 was a typo? /j
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:27 am

Post by unwnd »

What kept you so threadafk KT? I was starting to think your slanking was the equivalence of being frozen
Stop
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:28 am

Post by marcistar »

shh stop exposing us unwnd ppl r gonna eventually figure out ur bussing ur whole team...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1761, KingTroll wrote: Hello, Dunnstral! Do you have any sparknotes or specific topics you'd like me to put forth a solid opinion or read on?

Also, I have seen that there's the [4 people we're confident would be a waste of a track] going on, I will get to that. Soon, I think.
What I really want to know is who you think we should eliminate today, and who you don't think we should eliminate today
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:32 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 1765, unwnd wrote: What kept you so threadafk KT? I was starting to think your slanking was the equivalence of being frozen
It was mostly my real life tasks getting compounded and my brain being unable to focus on anything other than a clicker game in my spare time. Not much of an excuse for the pitiful amount of content (read: none) I produced after a certain point here, but it's the truth!

(I have played
exceptionally
poorly this game so far so now it's time for me to try to salvage what I can of my reputation before everyone thinks this is how I constantly play-)
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:33 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 1767, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1761, KingTroll wrote: Hello, Dunnstral! Do you have any sparknotes or specific topics you'd like me to put forth a solid opinion or read on?

What I really want to know is who you think we should eliminate today, and who you don't think we should eliminate today
That's fair! Let me settle myself in more with some lighter posts and then I'm going to point my finger very strongly at someone.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:11 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1762, unwnd wrote:There was a brief moment that GreyICE talked about this. I've thought about the number selection more. How likely is it for two partners to pick the same number? Thoughts in my head ranged from 'this means Taly/Peta/Notty can't be a team' but I'm unsure if that has substantial backing.
scum have literally almost never doubled up across 30+ games if you count PYP X/Y as well as the primordial instances of the setup

last time i played this as scum (and the only time i've drafted as scum) my team did so poorly in the draft (coming away with only a 1 shot vig and nothing else) that it completely massacred our morale straight out of the gate and made the game much harder than it should have been, and that was without intentional doubling

i think in practice i'd basically never do it now because the reward of a potential false clear is not worth the potential risk in tanking your team's draft
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:12 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1768, KingTroll wrote:It was mostly my real life tasks getting compounded and my brain being unable to focus on anything other than a clicker game in my spare time.
they really need to fix the font kerning on the new forum layout lmao
free crypto
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:15 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1770, petapan wrote:
In post 1762, unwnd wrote:There was a brief moment that GreyICE talked about this. I've thought about the number selection more. How likely is it for two partners to pick the same number? Thoughts in my head ranged from 'this means Taly/Peta/Notty can't be a team' but I'm unsure if that has substantial backing.
scum have literally almost never doubled up across 30+ games if you count PYP X/Y as well as the primordial instances of the setup

last time i played this as scum (and the only time i've drafted as scum) my team did so poorly in the draft (coming away with only a 1 shot vig and nothing else) that it completely massacred our morale straight out of the gate and made the game much harder than it should have been, and that was without intentional doubling

i think in practice i'd basically never do it now because the reward of a potential false clear is not worth the potential risk in tanking your team's draft
So do you think the people with duplicates are likely unaligned if one of those duplicates is scum?
Stop
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:16 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1664, Taly wrote:oh and we're not limming
marci
, D1 PR claims always need a pass
this is a pretty bizarre post to make in an open setup where claims are entirely NAI and you can tell from the first page of the game who likely has a PR

especially given taly didn't say shit about this when there was suspicion on marci in the first place
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:16 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1772, unwnd wrote:So do you think the people with duplicates are likely unaligned if one of those duplicates is scum?
i would be confident enough to be the game on it barring an
incredibly
strong case
free crypto

Return to “Completed Open Games”