Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/them

Post Post #216 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by KingTroll »

Morning! Caught up, have no idea what any of you are talking about, I chose 48 because it was the first number I thought of and I still do not know how this setup works!

Three wolves to find, I understand, so we've got this in the bag. I am not a wolf, so that's already one step closer we all are!
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by KingTroll »

In post 229, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 216, KingTroll wrote: Morning! Caught up, have no idea what any of you are talking about, I chose 48 because it was the first number I thought of and I still do not know how this setup works!

Three wolves to find, I understand, so we've got this in the bag. I am not a wolf, so that's already one step closer we all are!
Hello, I'm interested in expanding on your thought process for the number selection.

When you were asked to draft a number, did you not read the setup to understand what that meant, or did you not think too hard about your position in the draft, or something else?
To be completely honest, I had not yet read the setup by that point so I chose completely off the cuff!

I have since read the setup, however. Promise.
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #650 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:39 am

Post by KingTroll »

First: In-between those two posts, I immediately read the setup to understand why it was being questioned of me. I didn't backtrack, I just didn't want to publicly admit that I had not read the setup until after the game had actually started, because that reflects poorly on me. I'm not going to talk about it any further, you're welcome to read me on it but there's nothing I can do other than say it's embarrassing until I flip town-

Second: I am not a new mafia player! I played several years ago, took a hiatus, and recently I've started playing again at places like FoL and MafiaUniverse. This is just my first non-newbie game here.

Third: Reads! I haven't been around much this game but I have a good few days ahead of me so I'm going to sort things out:

Town:
KingTroll

I'd like to think they're Town:
Taly
Cephrir
Lady Lambdadelta
unwnd
petapan
notscience
marcistar

I don't know:
Ydrasse
GreyICE

I'd like to think they're Mafia:
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Save The Dragons
Bell

Fourth: Hello everyone! Hope we're all doing alright, I would like to livepost with anyone who's around so my slot doesn't center around me being a fool about numbers and setups!
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #661 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:01 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 651, Taly wrote: hi
kt

do you think any of the
ydra/taly/bell
votes/pressure was a distraction from the other?
Hello! No, I don't feel any of those wagons were made to counter or take steam from another wagon with the intent to save a buddy. I don't feel like Bell has ever been a full wagon and I don't think your wagon is specifically crafted as "the easiest alternative to Ydrasse's elimination".
In post 652, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Im around but on my phone KT
Hi! That's fair, do you have any opinions on my reads?

P-Edit:
In post 653, petapan wrote:
In post 650, KingTroll wrote:Third: Reads! I haven't been around much this game but I have a good few days ahead of me so I'm going to sort things out:
talk to me a little bit about why you have those scumreads?
Yes I can!
In post 650, KingTroll wrote: Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Save The Dragons
Bell
Lukewarm: There's some interesting phrasing in their early posts (calling leading wagons "trendy") that as much as they aren't scum tells and could fairly well just be how they phrase their statements, I would associate with being purposefully distant from town wagons. They're also suspecting me because of the whole number thing, and I'd like to get their attention and have a good conversation with them about other things in the game and putting someone in scumreads is always a good way to do that!
Dunnstral: Their logic about "scum wouldn't choose the same numbers to hedge, so obviously the game is structured into these two different groups" doesn't sit right with me. The way it was stated so matter of factly gives me the vibe of "this is what my team did, so I need to look like I'm the one blowing the case open so that I can lead away from my buds"!
STD: Their introduction to the thread pinged me as uncomfortable and leaning extremely far into the meme side of things. They've only posted a few reads since then that are mostly phrased either as questions or one line statements that don't explain their reasoning about the changes in reads.
Bell: Bell posts in a style I can understand and click with fairly well! However, they seem to be doing a hard amount of slashing at people that I don't really agree with and doesn't feel to me like it's coming from a town mindset?
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:02 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 659, Bell wrote: It does reflect really poorly on kingtroll that they didn’t read the set up prior to the set up.
Can you imagine?
;>>
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #670 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:15 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 668, notscience wrote: I’m townreading std pending some research

@KT I kinda wanna blurb about all your reads if you don’t mind, names on a sheet doesn’t help much
Hi! I've already discussed my scumreads, are there any names in particular you'd like me to go on about? I really don't like doing full paragraphs for all of my townreads day one/two especially when not many solid reasons have come up to be Super Hyper Confident:tm: in anyone being town other than myself.
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #675 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:27 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 672, notscience wrote: Talk to me about ceph, me, and taly KT
Cephir: Ceph has hit me with a sense of towny righteousness in their approach to the game. They've stuck to their guns, put pressure out, and are fine playing in ways other people may criticize for their own reads. This is arguably stronger because they've purposefully admitted to pretending to be overconfident in thread, while I think an attempt to powerwolf would quite obviously not outright admit their confidence is full of hot air.

notscience: I liked how you responded to the (admittedly fairly weak) push on yourself, I liked your side of the "neighborhood" much more than Lukewarm's side in the RVS stage of the game, and you have just pinged me as town from the vibes I have picked up.

Taly: Taly just hits me as obvious town. I feel like most of their posts have either been NAI or definitely made with a town-minded logic, they have progressed the game, and I have just liked their reactions. Nothing has seemed forced from any of their conversations or like they were purposefully trying to appear this way.
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #678 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:31 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 674, Ydrasse wrote: kt is a very earnest player tonewise but he feels a little awkward in , especially in the read explaining portion. i kind of feel like if he is a wolf he's with luke though because that scumread feels more fleshed out and leads to actual like... mediating which you'd probably wanna do with a partner, and then the std/bell reads feel pretty theoretical/vague, like what kind of slashing did bell do that you disliked? it's the kind of read which makes it hard for the other person to bite back at.
intrigued by the dunn read though because i'm getting mental static.
To explain what I mean about Bell specifically: Their attacks hit me less as a "I am town and I am trying to find wolves", instead feeling to me like "I am mafia and I am trying to find reasons to vote town". Their pushes are more broad with less specific detail, so I've referred to it as a blanket slash instead of a pinpointed attack.
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #679 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:33 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 676, Bell wrote: VOTE: KT
Hello! Anything specific I've said that makes you think I'm a wolf?
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1178 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by KingTroll »

Oh there's twenty new pages
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1470 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:15 am

Post by KingTroll »

Hello everyone! I think I'm going to ISO dunnstral because marci seems like a WIFOM trap for me right now!
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1757 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:08 am

Post by KingTroll »

Hello everyone! My absence and lack of content isn't pleasing to myself most of all! I had intended to ISO Dunn because they were a leading wagon at the time I was in thread, and then I simply didn't have the time or focus to get back into the game to actually do that. I'll try to give out a fuller grasp on the game (man, I haven't even voted so far this game, I've been
sluggish
), and I'm more than willing to livepost as much as I can with thoughts or theories.
In post 1738, Bell wrote: King troll.
Please claim.
I succesfully got the role I bidded for. I have three days (and a bit) to prove myself town without needing to claim my specific role now that I am actually able to play and not just slank. If I prove completely incapable of that or somehow vanish again and remain the consensus elim within 24 hours of day end, I will provide my full claim, even if I think that'll damper the utility of it.
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1761 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:15 am

Post by KingTroll »

Hello, Dunnstral! Do you have any sparknotes or specific topics you'd like me to put forth a solid opinion or read on?

Also, I have seen that there's the [4 people we're confident would be a waste of a track] going on, I will get to that. Soon, I think.
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1764 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:25 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 1762, unwnd wrote: Image

There was a brief moment that GreyICE talked about this. I've thought about the number selection more. How likely is it for two partners to pick the same number? Thoughts in my head ranged from 'this means Taly/Peta/Notty can't be a team' but I'm unsure if that has substantial backing.

Despite this,
we do know that KT/Marci picked different numbers.
If we were somehow just on the money with our suspicions then flipping one of them would be able to somewhat answer that idea to some satisfaction.
Did I mention that I meant to type 4 and the 8 was a typo? /j
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1768 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:32 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 1765, unwnd wrote: What kept you so threadafk KT? I was starting to think your slanking was the equivalence of being frozen
It was mostly my real life tasks getting compounded and my brain being unable to focus on anything other than a clicker game in my spare time. Not much of an excuse for the pitiful amount of content (read: none) I produced after a certain point here, but it's the truth!

(I have played
exceptionally
poorly this game so far so now it's time for me to try to salvage what I can of my reputation before everyone thinks this is how I constantly play-)
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1769 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:33 am

Post by KingTroll »

In post 1767, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1761, KingTroll wrote: Hello, Dunnstral! Do you have any sparknotes or specific topics you'd like me to put forth a solid opinion or read on?

Also, I have seen that there's the [4 people we're confident would be a waste of a track] going on, I will get to that. Soon, I think.
What I really want to know is who you think we should eliminate today, and who you don't think we should eliminate today
That's fair! Let me settle myself in more with some lighter posts and then I'm going to point my finger very strongly at someone.

Return to “Completed Open Games”