Mini 2287: AB:LoAF (Postgame)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:43 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 405, Marashu wrote: You're right in that we don't know how big they are, but we. do. know. how. many. factions. there. are.
we do? how many?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:44 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 950, Gimli wrote:
In post 405, Marashu wrote: You're right in that we don't know how big they are, but we. do. know. how. many. factions. there. are.
we do? how many?
Two
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:44 am

Post by Enchant »

WAIT IT'S LITERALLY STATEMENT FROM 17 PAGE OH GOD
Wizard-Mercenary

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:46 am

Post by Gimli »

I wasn't paying attention man
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:55 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 946, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 939, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 851, Doctor Drew wrote: Mara, can you clarify what you mean by 'repeating similar opinions'? I skimmed the thread somewhat before I replaced in, and then a bit more after I officially joined, those were my quick slight observations about the game at the time.

And as far as my reaction to enchant and not Mafia. I saw the two guiltys right in a row, first was confused of the false guiltys and then why they posted basically at the same time. Then remembered it was hailing and really thought I caught scum in some sort of gambit, which is why I kept saying that besides me being town, there is one other big reason why this is impossible. Then I realized it was all probably a reaction test, and trolling by Not Mafia, and I stopped paying attention to it, especially after Not Mafia said he was a gunsmith.

I feel a bit dumb I didn't immediately think reaction test first, but not the first time that has happened sadly lol.
wait so you believed they were giving a "fake" guilty on you and you didn't react to them. Do you mean you remembered hail before starting to post today or after you posted few stuff?
I said I thought I caught scum lying because hail would have made any investigation impossible.
Non-rhetorical question: have you played with Not_Mafia before?
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:57 am

Post by Gimli »

Spoiler: marashu's mech spec
In post 156, Marashu wrote:
In post 149, Herta wrote: I return vanilla [smallest groupscum faction at the beginning of the game]. It says nothing about conspirators or guardians or any other faction other than town of course. Walk me through this like I'm 5, please.

According to the setup we have 4 factions, so I don't know why you're speculating on how many there are.

I also don't know what you mean by slow to get information out of me. I'm not on a timetable. And even if I were, what difference does/did it make?
I got 3 factions and not 4 from the following:
In post 1, MegAzumarill wrote: 1. The moderator rolls 1d4. This corresponds to one of the 4 faction lists below.
2. The moderator rolls a random number from 1 to the number of entries in the corresponding list to determine what is present in the game.
3. The moderator rolls an additional number on the True Groupscum list.
One faction from any of the lists. One faction from True Groupscum. Town. Those are the three factions.

As I said, I might be misunderstanding how flavour works. My understanding was that 'Miller', 'Cop', 'Mason', etc would be changed to match whichever faction it is reflecting/investigating/excluding. For example, in the Dark Creatures entry, Miller is listed as 'Abyssal'. So my expectation is that your card would read Universal Must-Pick Abyssal. So either I'm wrong about how the role flavourings work (which, I'll be honest, is definitely a possibility), or we're in a setup where you would return as a Guardian/Conspirator (since those are the only two groupscum that would have Miller as Miller), or you're antitown who wanted to claim miller early but didn't know about miller flavour, and it's this last possibility that has me so fixated on sorting your claim.

wow I never read these things until now, okay. so we know we're in a game with conspirators because of this:
Cop:Cop
Miller:Miller(returns Mafia)
Mason:Immigrants
and this and guardians (that can't be in the game for some reason I already forgot) are the only groupscums who have miller as miller and not some flavour of miller in the name.
The Conspirators outside the PT are treated as Lone, having no idea who the other conspirators are and losing alone.
guess who's acting like a lone conspirator? kyoko. her d2 'reaction test' works much better as signaling.

@ whoever understands the mech in this goddamn game: if we are in a game with conspirators, then we definitely have this traitor role, right?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:02 am

Post by Gimli »

of course she doesn't need to signal because the groupscum knows the Lone. hmmm. I'll think about this.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm an ice type and immune to hail, my guilty is real
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:16 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 957, Not_Mafia wrote: I'm an ice type and immune to hail, my guilty is real
How you explain that there's no Gunsmiths in rolelist then
Wizard-Mercenary

Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:18 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 851, Doctor Drew wrote: Mara, can you clarify what you mean by 'repeating similar opinions'? I skimmed the thread somewhat before I replaced in, and then a bit more after I officially joined, those were my quick slight observations about the game at the time.

And as far as my reaction to enchant and not Mafia. I saw the two guiltys right in a row, first was confused of the false guiltys and then why they posted basically at the same time. Then remembered it was hailing and really thought I caught scum in some sort of gambit, which is why I kept saying that besides me being town, there is one other big reason why this is impossible. Then I realized it was all probably a reaction test, and trolling by Not Mafia, and I stopped paying attention to it, especially after Not Mafia said he was a gunsmith.

I feel a bit dumb I didn't immediately think reaction test first, but not the first time that has happened sadly lol.
So "repeating similar opinions" might not have been the best wording, but it all felt kind of surface level. But I also see now that you admitted in the post I was thinking of that it was surface level.
In post 228, Doctor Drew wrote: TL changing their Mara for no reason.....when Mara was the first town ping I got was a bit....weird?
^ this was something that caused TL to get a lot of scrutiny in early game, so 6 pages later it wasn't really a bold take.
In post 228, Doctor Drew wrote: And it was Kiki...or Kyoko, sorry I am gonna fuck that up a lot(damn anime names and avatars), who called that out as well......seems towny(or at least not the same alignment as TL).
I thought this one was just kind of echoing your previous statement, but when I look back, it's also wrong? I called it out first in the post immediately following TL's list, but besides myself, the first one to really challenge the shift in opinion was Aisa in .
In post 228, Doctor Drew wrote: There was something I didn't like about Kitty's early posting, but changed my tuned as I kept skimming, will revisit that as I read the thread again.
I think I stand corrected on this one, since at the time KT was under some scrutiny for not engaging. I'm curious about what changed your tune at the time, considering the next time you mention KT is when you vote for that slot at the end of D1.

My bigger concern is the reaction. Scum have a harder time noticing jokes than town. The reasoning was explained to me a while ago but I'm not great at explaining it, but basically because they have more that they need to think about in their reactions, they have a hard time picking up on it. Not a flawless way of scumhunting by a long shot, but in a recent game I was in I caught someone who missed several jokes, got talked out of pursuing them, and sure enough, they were scum. I can see scum!Doctor prioritizing diverting suspicion over laughing at the joke, even if it was clearly a joke.

I don't like that pretty much the instant I said I wanted to look at your slot there were suddenly 3 votes there - it's making me paranoid.

PEdit - Gimli, if we're in a conspirator game then there would be someone who is Lone, yes. I had thought that TL might have been that, to be honest. Aisa mentioned that I was probably wrong since Herta's role name was Universal Miller and not Miller.

N_M, your type change makes Whitney sad.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:19 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

My role is equivalent to a gunsmith, in that it detects a certain trait that is scum 95%, but is not a gunsmith itself, I will not be full claiming
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:20 am

Post by Marashu »

Darn, not Aisa. Someone else. Let me find who.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:22 am

Post by Enchant »

I gonna investigate it
Wizard-Mercenary

Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:24 am

Post by Marashu »

Or I'm blind (in my defense, it was hidden by spoiler tags).
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:29 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 963, Marashu wrote: Or I'm blind (in my defense, it was hidden by spoiler tags).
ah, I see. so we're not necessarily playing against that groupscum.

you and enchant mentioned us knowing how many factions there are in the game. I'm not sure I read why or, if I did, I didn't understand.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:30 am

Post by Gimli »

I'll go ahead and believe NM's claim
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:33 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 964, Gimli wrote:
In post 963, Marashu wrote: Or I'm blind (in my defense, it was hidden by spoiler tags).
ah, I see. so we're not necessarily playing against that groupscum.

you and enchant mentioned us knowing how many factions there are in the game. I'm not sure I read why or, if I did, I didn't understand.
TLDR is that in the setup post, mod says there's one true groupscum and one "Any" alignment (could be solo or another groupscum). So it's 2 non-town alignments in the game.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:34 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 417, Marashu wrote:
Depending on what roles we have, we should work with Rain or Snow. Rain could help us figure out if there's someone using a faction ability when they claim a passive ability.
do you think KT's strongman might be a scum PR?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:35 am

Post by Gimli »

I think I'm gonna townread kokichi

a bit unrelated but his page 17 is good
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:37 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 429, Marashu wrote: Snow would be useful in the case of someone saying "I'm going to target x tonight." If x was not targeted and y dies when nobody claimed they would target y, barring shenanigans we'd have a good place to start looking for scum.
let's bring this to the table today?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:42 am

Post by Marashu »

Not many other strongman effects that I could see that didn't need very specific circumstances. (there might be some hiding in wording though)
Doom Seekers do get factional strong man, but they're the group I'm most sure is not in the game because part of what their faction does is mess with flavour.
Did KT take that role as scum? Ehhh, maybe? If so, then scum could have a faction kill every night if they suspect a town roleblocker or protective roles. It seems strange that KT would claim it if scum, though.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:44 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 969, Gimli wrote:
In post 429, Marashu wrote: Snow would be useful in the case of someone saying "I'm going to target x tonight." If x was not targeted and y dies when nobody claimed they would target y, barring shenanigans we'd have a good place to start looking for scum.
let's bring this to the table today?
Not against it. I'd want to make sure we're coordinated if we do it though.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:45 am

Post by Gimli »

yes let's coordinate.

do you think we should full claim?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:48 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm thinking of claiming mine because I don't know what it does
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:52 am

Post by Marashu »

If we're not using hail, absolutely. If we are going another round of hail, then maybe? I still think there's some advantage to it but I can certainly see the arguments against.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”