neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 102- Lover Mafia (Game Over) before 712

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:42 am

Post by neko2086 »

It seems that no matter how many times these little towns try to rid themselves of mafia by killing each other in a democratic process, the mafia just keep coming back. The six of you find yourselves in yet another mafia predicament and think,
perhaps we can do things differently, perhaps we don’t have to be in this alone. We can call the police, or the FBI, launch a full-scale investigation, have trials and a conviction by judge and jury...

Then one of you says
@#$! that, let’s kill someone!

So off you go. You must use your expert diplomatic skills to choose somebody to kill. Please choose wisely.

Happy Scumhunting!

Alive:
SensFan
sekinj
ZazieR
roflcopter
SilverPhoenix

Not so Alive:
charter - townie

3 to lynch
Last edited by neko2086 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:04 am

Post by neko2086 »

RULES
: Humbly stolen from Mr. Flay, and shamelessly modified

1.Remember, it's a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be interactive. There will be disagreements, but keep it civil. Jackassery is OK to a certain extent until it prevents others from having fun.

2.Votes must be in bold (
Vote: Joe the Mafia
) to be counted. Unvotes should also be bolded (
Unvote: Joe the Townie
), though I do not strictly require them.

3.Lynches will require a majority of living players, and will be final once that majority is reached. No unvoting will save the person at that time, however a majority may also Vote: No Lynch if they so choose. If a deadline is imposed, the required number of votes will be lowered, so be careful.

4.Under a deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the player that reached the highest number of votes before the tie will be lynched.

5.Do not discuss the game outside of this thread unless your role PM explicitly says that you may. Violations of this result in a modkill.

6.Don't quote any PMs from me directly in thread. Violations of this result in a modkill. Likewise, once you are dead, stop talking; you can say your piece once the game is over. A single 'Bah!' post with no game-related information is acceptable.

7.Don't edit/delete your posts, even if you have the privileges to do so. It violates the integrity of the game and can screw up the game thread. I will take care of duplicate posts accidentally made by the forum or by double-clicking. Making text smaller or invisible is, as always, not allowed either.

8.Any questions about vote counts, your role mechanics, etc - PM me. Any questions about replacements or prods for players, mention it in thread. Please preface them with
Mod:
to catch my eye.

9.Treat this game as a commitment to me and your fellow players. If you're going to be gone more than 72 hours on a non-weekend, let us know. I reserve the right to replace you, but the players reserve the right to lynch you first.

10. I may tweak the rules as we go along, generally just to make sure I'm covering my bases. You will be notified if the change is a substantial one.

11.Remember, it's a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be interactive. Do your part.
Last edited by neko2086 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:46 am

Post by neko2086 »

Setup

This is a nightless game with two mafia lovers. When a lynch has been reached, we will proceed immediately into the next day phase until the game has ended.

The mafia lovers have the ability to daytalk.

Roles are as follows:
Townie Role PM wrote:You are a
townie
. There is nothing special about you. Well, you do have the gift of gab and the power of persuasion. Plus, like every good citizen in your little town, you have a vote. Combine these abilities, and you can consider yourself a force to be reckoned with! You win when the mafia are dead.
Mafia Role PM wrote:You are part of the
mafia
. Your lover is [insert lover’s name here]. The two of you are on a mission to eradicate what’s left of the townsfolk. To do this, you have the special ability to
daytalk
with your lover in a separate thread, found here [insert daytalk thread link here]. You’ll also have a voice and a vote like the townies. If one of you is lynched, the other commits suicide, and you lose the game. You win when there are only two townies left.
Everyone is confirmed!
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:42 am

Post by neko2086 »

Day 1 has begun!

4 votes to lynch
Last edited by neko2086 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:41 am

Post by neko2086 »

First Vote Count:

SensFan (3): ZazieR, SilverPhoenix, charter
sekinj (2): roflcopter, SensFan

Not voting: sekinj

4 to lynch
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Just so y'all know, I have little access until Monday. I'll get caught up w/ vote count and any requests then.
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:18 am

Post by neko2086 »

Vote Count:

SilverPhoenix (2): SensFan, charter
SensFan (1): SilverPhoenix
sekinj (1): roflcopter
Charter (1): ZazieR

Not voting: sekinj

4 to lynch
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Vote Count:

SilverPhoenix (3)- SensFan, charter, roflcopter
Charter (3)- Zazier, sekinj, silverphoenix

4 to lynch
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Vote Count:

Charter (4)- Zazier, sekinj, silverphoenix, SensFan

SilverPhoenix (2)- charter, roflcopter

The townsfolk chose a victim.
Long live democracy!
they yelled. Too bad they lynched a fellow townsperson.
Charter,
townie
, has been lynched.

Day 2 starts immediately, of course, because this is nightless... I knew that...
Last edited by neko2086 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:16 am

Post by neko2086 »

Your mod is an idiot. The good news is, I finished my GRE yesterday and my brainpower is slowly coming back!

Anywho, it's Day 2 now. Three votes to lynch this time, folks.

Play on.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:04 am

Post by neko2086 »

Vote Count:

SensFan (3)- SilverPhoenix, Sekinj, ZazieR

The town wastes no time. They string up Sensfan, the
townie
ZazieR and roflcopter,
mafia lovers
quickly dispatch SilverPhoenix and Sekinj,
townies
, and ride off into the sunset to conquer the next small town.

mafia win
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:23 am

Post by neko2086 »

I have to apologize again for locking the thread. I completely forgot that this game was nightless.

If I hadn't locked it, SensFan probably would have posted before SilverPhoenix, as he pm'd me to... gently... remind me that this thread shouldn't be locked. If you feel that my locking of the thread severely affected the game, I can see if I can petition for a redo, or maybe we can do a redo in mishmash or something. I don't know what the rules are concerning this. Let me know your thoughts.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe that the town really stood a chance regardless, as roflcopter and ZazieR were practically unanimously named the most likely to be town by the players, but of course there's always a chance if the town takes time.

I also don't know if the town merits a redo just considering how quickly D2 passed. Putting one vote on somebody without interrogating them first was risky enough. I'm not sure Sens' presence would have changed anything, but let me know what you all think.

Anyway, this was fun to watch. Thank you for being patient with me, and I hope that everything else went well for you all.

sek- it took something like six months to get through the modding queue, but I'd say it took so long mostly because of a list mod transition. There were a couple months where nothing really happened.
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:27 am

Post by neko2086 »

farside22 wrote:So thoughts from everyone? This was the second time this game was ran. The first time town won. I see scum won this game. Do you think the game is balanced?
SilverPhoenix (see above) thought it was tilted toward the scum, but I think adding more townies would put scum at a major disadvantage. Because they're working in a pair, the scum have to play very carefully (as they did here, though almost too carefully).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”