Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3194, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: furtive's actually capable of this level of clownery as town I'd rather get the obvious scums first
Calling my play clownery is objectively wrong.

I was correct on all 3 flips so far this game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

you literally told lld not to vig xof last night and claimed I was using svengali mind magic on her
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 3201, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: you literally told lld not to vig xof last night and claimed I was using svengali mind magic on her
my mindddddddddddd
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Really all I want to do is go over this
In post 3058, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3011, ActionDan wrote:SK can still quite easily be scum. His trajectory today is a bit surprising if he is. He is a cop at the moment so I'm not inclined to look deeply at someone that we don't have a good reason to elim today (do you think otherwise?).

You've summed up my argument fine, though you are leaving out the very poignant air of certainly Lorne felt about his own conclusion. As for the idea that his stance isn't hard to imagine coming from lazy town -- yes it is in fact very hard to imagine. Whether you are lazy or not, you know as town that purely isoing scum will not certain results yield since you know you are limiting yourself to full information and that there are pitfalls when only relying on scums word. If you are town you should feel this in your bones. As for your next two questions: a) if lazy town is a thing then surely lazy scum is too but scum also can tailor the extent and pacing of their pushes, test waters, etc. No need to go for early grand slams; b) you think Lorne isn't concerned with appearances? Half their posts are contrived to inject some kind of humor into the game. They've been playing for vibes, with some success.

I think you're trying to add "depth" to his actions where there isn't. It really can just be simple.
on the SK question - no, I'm not saying we should lim him today, I'm just trying to feel like I have a good grasp on what the game looks like if xof!scum and to me it doesn't make a lot of sense. It means either scum are just getting routed and all but waving a white flag, or they feel comfortable with the standing of their other two members (against the council for tonight and the thread's overall consensus) to dump another member on D2 and make it a 10v2 going into the night. it just doesn't feel especially likely to me, and even in the latter world it means other scum feel good about their position right now

I'll grant you that Lorne does lean a bit on the humor/vibe shtick, but I don't feel certainty is a scumtell in the way you're suggesting here. I've been reading his bravado as somewhat tongue in cheek, and frankly the only way I see some of those comments as scum!confidence (like the 'reap that sweet sweet cred' remark) is if he knows xof is a miselimination anyways

as for your last sentence - if you're content to sit back and assume that the game is "simple" on D2 you're setting yourself up to be blindsided far more often than not. like I think it's much better to do our due diligence and question our assumptions than to not do that and coast
I am really confused about the point you're trying to make in the first paragraph in relation to my post, if there is any or if this is just a segue into an esoteric point that if Xof is scum SK probably isn't because he's about as proactive as dry yeast?

Whether he's tongue in cheek, whether he's dead serious about his position (which he is), he's projecting the same certainty. Do not give people the luxury of having it both ways. The extenuating circumstance around Xof wouldn't detract from his confidence regardless of their flip. If town as you said, he wasn't focusing there. If scum,
I
haven't been focusing there and my equity as a candidate for elimination remains unchanged or even increases the next day so tell me why you think it would be out of scum's range to project confidence in that situation? Do not confuse my "simple" argument for rejection of all other matters related to the slot. I'm gone over both of Herta's and Gimli's isos and you can say both town things about them and scum things. I think both have been presented by various people so far and I can rehash them if you'd like. I think Lorne's behavior so far is pretty damning and its more than enough to get a good read. Now if there's something you think is redeeming about Lorne go ahead and tell me instead of enumerating these non-existant hypotheticals. please.

I could also probably talk about sheep/bloodbot the 1st council paranoia but I don't care to elaborate further than: Bloodbot was pretty town D1, and 1/3 vs 2/rest of eligible non-1st council members is close to a distinction without a difference

----

I am in agreement that Xof not posting now very likely means they've given up if as they've claimed they weren't hampered by a mental block. GL can talk if he wants before day end because I suspect of their bullets scum have one with his name on it in the chamber.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 3158, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: i think xof has given up
It's not that I've given up, it's that I keep falling asleep too often when I'm intending on doing shit and just not having anything to draw from to finish. And I just don't know that I have the playstyle that can save this slot, not when so many people are just completely set on this slot being scum. And it's not like there's anything specific I could even say that could save my slot either.

But Pooky, your point about Save the Dragons and I? That's a little bullshit, and you know it. So what that I've played Survivor with him, that's not exactly a completely relevant skillset for mafia. I've played mafia with you more than I have with him. Yet the time I played with you that I remember most, Cats and Dogs mafia, you got a little pissy about how I shouldn't try to play mafia the way I would play Survivor, and you were scum that game. And a lot of the way you've been posting today reminds me of the same tone you had there with regards to how you interacted with me and my slot. Which is a shame given you didn't have that yesterDay.

If I don't just fall back to sleep again after my weekly Survivor groupwatch, I'll finish what was in my list and what I was asked for.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:51 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3203, ActionDan wrote: I am really confused about the point you're trying to make in the first paragraph in relation to my post, if there is any or if this is just a segue into an esoteric point that if Xof is scum SK probably isn't because he's about as proactive as dry yeast?
nah I think I lost the plot of that conversation at some point and accordingly didn't make my reply clear, what happened was:
GL: "xof scum doesn't make a lot of sense, who are their buddies? if xof is town maybe Dan is scum, Dan seems to not be keying on his prior scumread of SK at all, maybe that's indicative"
Dan: "Why should I be keying on SK, he's on the council we can't lim him"
GL: "I'm not saying you should be pushing to lim SK. [repeats first post in different words]"
what I didn't say that maybe I should have is that just because we can't/shouldn't lim SK today, doesn't mean I expect you to just not engage with him at all, or not call out where he continues to be scummy or whether your read evolves. but it's all not really a useful conversation anyways, at least not at this juncture.
In post 3203, ActionDan wrote:Whether he's tongue in cheek, whether he's dead serious about his position (which he is), he's projecting the same certainty. Do not give people the luxury of having it both ways. The extenuating circumstance around Xof wouldn't detract from his confidence regardless of their flip. If town as you said, he wasn't focusing there. If scum, I haven't been focusing there and my equity as a candidate for elimination remains unchanged or even increases the next day so tell me why you think it would be out of scum's range to project confidence in that situation? Do not confuse my "simple" argument for rejection of all other matters related to the slot. I'm gone over both of Herta's and Gimli's isos and you can say both town things about them and scum things. I think both have been presented by various people so far and I can rehash them if you'd like. I think Lorne's behavior so far is pretty damning and its more than enough to get a good read. Now if there's something you think is redeeming about Lorne go ahead and tell me instead of enumerating these non-existant hypotheticals. please.
this is fair enough for my 11:30 pm brain. I mainly was catching a vibe that you were embellishing the scumminess of Lorne saying he didn't read your ISO, the main thing is that I don't really feel like I often see scum openly say they aren't reading their scumread's posts in the manner that he did, so I bristle a little bit at you acting like this is definitively scum-indicative behavior, cause I don't think it is. but that isn't gonna be enough to amount to "redemption" of Lorne's slot because I'd be hard pressed to find things that are definitively town-indicative behavior there either.
In post 3203, ActionDan wrote: I could also probably talk about sheep/bloodbot the 1st council paranoia but I don't care to elaborate further than: Bloodbot was pretty town D1, and 1/3 vs 2/rest of eligible non-1st council members is close to a distinction without a difference
I still don't really feel Bloodbot was "pretty" town D1 and frankly re-isoing him again today weakened my previous desire to TR sheep. The main thing I remember thinking was particularly townie from him was that he accused me of "not having fun" this game, that felt like a genuine read/insight and I don't think I've seen scum make a similar push on me before. Also his reads were a bit messy/all over the place in a way that's less likely to be faked.

Regardless I think there was prob scum on the council
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: xofelf
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:50 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3201, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: you literally told lld not to vig xof last night and claimed I was using svengali mind magic on her
I changed my mind, but xofelf is unflipped.

My point remains true.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:53 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 3204, xofelf wrote: So what that I've played Survivor with him, that's not exactly a completely relevant skillset for mafia.
the survivor skill set for convincing someone to be on your side is pretty similar to the mafia skillset of convincing someone not to vote for you because you're both on the same side
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:43 am

Post by Bingle »

Ooooh.

VOTE: vote:xofelf

UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:33 am

Post by UNOwen »

Huzzah!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

VoteCount 2.8 FINAL

Xofelf [ 7 ]
STD, furtiveglance, unowen, Pooky, Alisae, Guiltylion, Bingle
Lorne Malvo [ 2 ]
Sheepsaysmeep, Actiondan
Furtiveglance [ 2 ]
LLD, Sleepykrew
Actiondan [ 2 ]
Lorne Malvo, Guiltylion

Not Voting [ 1 ]

Xofelf,

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-03-10 17:08:00)

Mod Note: The original version of this vote count incorrectly showed Alisae voting pooky, because I am a bad mod and daddy should punish me.

Xofelf has been eliminated.
Spoiler: They were aligned with....
Town!

It is now Night 2. Night choices are due in (expired on 2023-03-11 11:41:00) unless every player PMs me to request fast night.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Lorne Malvo has been banned and I will seek replacement.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ircher replaces Lorne Malvo
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:11 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You wake up to find that pookythemagicalbear is dead. More like pookythedeadbear amirite?

Ehem.
Spoiler: The role:

Town

It is now campaign phase.

You have (expired on 2023-03-13 13:13:00)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

why did pooky die
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Alisae »

I have no idea what is going on in this game
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Alisae »

Hi Ircher!
I hope you are more readable than your predecessors!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:31 am

Post by furtiveglance »

SleepyKrew lie to us
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:00 am

Post by ActionDan »

I'm going to assume there was scum thought it worthy killing a reasonably town potentially funded tracker.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I am lost

I want Bingle to explain funding decisions

I am probably badly snowed by a scum somewhere and want to reassess
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:06 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 3220, GuiltyLion wrote: I am lost
me too brother
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3220, GuiltyLion wrote: I want Bingle to explain funding decisions
For context, this is in reference to me outing my funding decisions a few hours ago in the council PT. I'd meant to do so closer to deadline, but I was limited access right at deadline so theoretically scum might have changed their action in response and had a window of ~2 hours to do so, but pooky received no funding last night.

Skrew was 79% funded and LLD was 100% funded. There was no remaining money in the treasury. I alluded to that when I mentioned that either scum had a way to mess with our funding or we were substantially unlucky with our taxation. Despite LLD giving me money the previous day, that was all the money we had to work with. Barring significant outlier situations, we have between 1.5 and 2.5 roles worth of funding tonight.

I decided to partial fund SKrew over LLD because each individual dollar underfunded to Skrew adjusted the odds of his success less (JOAT is cheaper to fund overall, so the individual dollars do more), because I thought there was a significant risk SKrew would go the way of Enchant if town, because LLD claimed she had a powerful role which I took to be a subtle request for funding, and because I thought that an 80% chance of a result was still entirely reasonable. I did my absolute best to WIFOM that I was funding pooks to try and get a protection off, which in hindsight might be a factor in pooky catching a bullet, but pooky received 0 dollars, so he should not have used one of the JOAT actions yesterday.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Ircher »

Hi!

I'll try reading up on the last few pages in a few hours.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Bingle »

Pooky's final thoughts:

Ali scummy, although he didn't go in depth on that.
Furtive towny, b/c scum furtive has no incentive to stick his neck out for town xofausuka and furtive isn't the type to try to use reverse psychology to ensure a vig target doesn't change. I agree because even if STD is scum, killing me or Cakez was probably better for town than killing xofausuka since we were primed to be a big distraction. (I was tunneled hard on Cakez EoD1, so scum would probably have liked me to continue in that vein.)
Skrew scum is a coward if he doesn't fake a guilty.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”