Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4900 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:14 am

Post by petapan »

In post 4896, Firebringer wrote:I don't want to beat up RH9 for this continously, since Rh9 knows shouldn't have replaced out but I really don't like the excuse of lacking energy.

I looked it over, Rh9 was in the game for a total of 5 hours. Even if RH9 u were feeling demotivated and lacked energy RH9 made a rash decision to replace out so fast after getting pushed. I think RH9 really should have given it 24 hours at least to say "can i continue playing?" Because this was just too fast. At the very least it gives someone like me taking the slot to argue that hey maybe RH9 left the game because of personal life reasons or something.

Idk I looked back on it and was flabbergasted I didn't get instant elimmed for that replaceout alone. I had difficulty integrating into this game but maybe that is a skill issue for myself. I think Spiffeh or LLd might have had easier time making the slot better than I did.

Not mad but felt frustrated i really didn't find a way to recover slot. Probably should have put more effort into it.
i'm not really sure he knows, but yes replacing out in that slot was cool and should not have happened. when you mess up in a game you have to own it rather than subbing out.

i could say some harsh stuff about you not being eliminated but i don't really want to start flaming people over it atp. most i'll say is some people were playing too solipsistic to notice what was an obvious tactical replace out. i should have been more aggressive than i was but i had gotten negativity in response to (incorrectly placed) aggression earlier in the game so i didn't push it enough.
free crypto
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4901 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't want to dogpile RH, but just going to voice agreeance that the rep-out, as it was done was not cool.

But on a more, encouraging angle for this, RH -- I really don't think that you doomed yourself with your posting. Yes, you walked into suspicion from Peta, but you were still in a position to pull through. I think that you psych yourself out a lot as scum. Not just this game, I have seen it in other scum games.

I feel like you end up at a "We are doomed" mindset too easily, and trying to fight through that urge is some thing that you probably should work on in your scum game. Just deep breaths, and BELIEVE that you have a chance, and I think that would help you moving forward.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4902 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Scum Discord Chat: https://discord.gg/b3weJtVrxT

It has been locked for new messages, but should be readable for everyone
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4903 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:41 am

Post by petapan »

here's a link to my archive of the chat: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... a_chat.zip
free crypto
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #4904 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Taly »

This was a nice game :)

Sad I couldn't commit. I don't have the time or mental ability to do mafia in any capacity right now.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4905 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

-
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Open Games”