Micro 1071: MafiaInFreezer v2023 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:00 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 2.04
Ydrasse (1):
Kilgamayan

Not Voting:
Ydrasse, Syryana, notscience, catboi, Lady Lambdadelta, Dunnstral

With 7 remaining, 4 to eliminate

deadline
(expired on 2023-03-22 21:47:33)
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

okay okay i'm finding a good headspace and mafia is sort of fun again, i'm....

someone talk to me, lol

someone ask me questions, i guess
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Who do you think is town?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:21 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 445, catboi wrote:I think...normally I'm more used to people having
some
form of opinion on me even when I'm not invested in the game. The treatment is...weird? Even if a player isn't invested in the game it's kind of surprising to have people seemingly punt on making a read on me at all.

If you don't have an opinion on me, are you just waiting for me to get my head into the game or what?
You and half the playerlist, yes.

In post 447, catboi wrote:That it was telegraphed dosn't...change a whole lot for me. Like, do you think he couldn't/wouldn't play it that way as scum? Because that's not really hard to do and has obvious pro-scum utility. Actually, the hammer bothers me significantly less than the "wait what" after cakez made his "fuck you I was town" post - that looked artificial to me. I've been giving notty space though because if he's town I want to give him an opportunity to show it rather than blindly killing but so far I'm not really whelmed by anything I'm seeing from him.
My point was that the hammer was NAI and that yeeting him because he hammered was bad. It sounds like you agree with me there. I'm not sure I agree with the assessment of "wait what" being artificial but I'll give it another look.
In post 447, catboi wrote:I don't really think that's close to what she's doing at all and in fact she's probably one of the people I'm more confident is town out of anything.
Okay, because? I don't know that I've ever even played with Ydra before so I have nothing to go on there.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:21 am

Post by notscience »

hi friends am drunk so y’all can have half a teaspoon
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:33 pm

In post 452, Dunnstral wrote: Who do you think is town?
Ydra.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 455, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Ydra.
And what is your reasoning for that read?
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 436, Ydrasse wrote: kilga why didn’t you say anything about the bottom half of that post
My apologies, I read it in a half-asleep daze in bed on my phone and by the time I got to my computer to post I misremembered that the whole thing wasn't just the first half.

That being said, I'm having a hard time reconciling the rest of your post as a town response to . I will grant that you claim to think my questioning is weird, particularly the overexplanation of the third question; I will simply beg forgiveness for all overexplanations going forward, I'm a bit gunshy about underexplanations after Day 1. But the rest of your post

- Doesn't explain the evolution of your stance on Syr, which could have been done independent of your read on me, since I imagine other players would appreciate seeing your stances and their justifications
- Doesn't cite anything about my behavior before 407 that explains your suspicion of me prior to 407, which is really what I was looking for there, because I wanted to know if you were still hanging onto the Early Day 1 stuff or if you had seen more suspicious content from me in the time since
- Doesn't comment on !science or Dunnstral, which could have been done independent of your read on me, since I imagine other players would appreciate seeing your stances and their justifications

Like, I genuinely don't understand how someone that's been honest in their wolfhunting doesn't have answers for those, particularly this far into Day 2. Even gut feelings come from somewhere, whether they're a gradual buildup or a sudden jolt.* What do you think about...I don't know, anything in this game other than 407?

*Maybe catboi or LLD could square this with their better-than-Kilga (former)/town (latter) reads for me?

Aside something of an aside, I object to the claim that I am "townreading/fine with a lot of other people so you have an incredibly small pool you're actually interested in". I feel pretty good about 3 people and feel varying degrees of not pretty good about 3 people. I'll grant that others may think that not being interested in voting for half of the playerlist is "a lot" but it certainly doesn't feel weird to me. Not to mention that I plan on checking everyone for associatives anyway if/when there's a red flip.
In post 441, Syryana wrote:
In post 435, Kilgamayan wrote: You've taken agreeable stances with agreeable justifications
Such as?
(The catboi question specifically)
(The aggressive stance against blaming !science for the hammer when it would be pretty easy to be wishy-washy)
(Obviously I'm biased here but the note about the lack of reevaluation is a particularly good one)

& (This is less AI since it's more gameplay philosophy but I still think it's a line of thinking more likely to come from a townie than a wolf)
as mentioned previously

As a second aside, I will note that I haven't really seen a satisfactory response to my request for someone to explain the Dunnstral case to me. Not holding this against anyone, just indicating that I haven't forgotten about it and am simply still not buying into it.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 457, Kilgamayan wrote: As a second aside, I will note that I haven't really seen a satisfactory response to my request for someone to explain the Dunnstral case to me. Not holding this against anyone, just indicating that I haven't forgotten about it and am simply still not buying into it.
Personally I think it's more a playstyle clash than a genuine scumtell. At least that's how it ended up for me.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:58 am

Post by notscience »

Hi guys sorry I had my phone confiscated per my request
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:20 am

In post 456, Dunnstral wrote:
Ydra.
tone, mostly. approach feels town, tone feels town, posts look nervous and reflexive in a way that is indicative of Ydra sorting and wanting to have a good game rather than seeing opportunity.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:45 am

Post by catboi »

In post 453, Syryana wrote: Okay, because? I don't know that I've ever even played with Ydra before so I have nothing to go on there.
Is "trust me bro" not going to cut it? (probably not). I look at her posts and see them as coming from a townsperson. There's a high level of familiarity involved here and I'm not sure how well I'll be able to put it into words but I'll try to do a little when I have the time
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 461, catboi wrote:Is "trust me bro" not going to cut it?

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:05 pm

lmfao

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Syryana »

VOTE: notscience
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 457, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 436, Ydrasse wrote: kilga why didn’t you say anything about the bottom half of that post
My apologies, I read it in a half-asleep daze in bed on my phone and by the time I got to my computer to post I misremembered that the whole thing wasn't just the first half.

That being said, I'm having a hard time reconciling the rest of your post as a town response to . I will grant that you claim to think my questioning is weird, particularly the overexplanation of the third question; I will simply beg forgiveness for all overexplanations going forward, I'm a bit gunshy about underexplanations after Day 1. But the rest of your post

- Doesn't explain the evolution of your stance on Syr, which could have been done independent of your read on me, since I imagine other players would appreciate seeing your stances and their justifications
- Doesn't cite anything about my behavior before 407 that explains your suspicion of me prior to 407, which is really what I was looking for there, because I wanted to know if you were still hanging onto the Early Day 1 stuff or if you had seen more suspicious content from me in the time since
- Doesn't comment on !science or Dunnstral, which could have been done independent of your read on me, since I imagine other players would appreciate seeing your stances and their justifications

Like, I genuinely don't understand how someone that's been honest in their wolfhunting doesn't have answers for those, particularly this far into Day 2. Even gut feelings come from somewhere, whether they're a gradual buildup or a sudden jolt.* What do you think about...I don't know, anything in this game other than 407?

*Maybe catboi or LLD could square this with their better-than-Kilga (former)/town (latter) reads for me?

Aside something of an aside, I object to the claim that I am "townreading/fine with a lot of other people so you have an incredibly small pool you're actually interested in". I feel pretty good about 3 people and feel varying degrees of not pretty good about 3 people. I'll grant that others may think that not being interested in voting for half of the playerlist is "a lot" but it certainly doesn't feel weird to me. Not to mention that I plan on checking everyone for associatives anyway if/when there's a red flip.
i think im used to a different pace of play but i think saying stuff like "this far into day 2" etc, having expectations of me based on that, is very silly when this game is very slow and we've made like little to no progress today in terms of solving, yes i am part of the problem because im not posting that much but saying that is like. i feel this might be something you would say in another game that had more activity and everyone would find it not that strange but here idk!!!
gut feelings come from somewhere but that doesnt mean they magically get explanations either nor am i at this point really interested in trying to divine what i was seeing and feeling

right now i think this game is slow and there are people townreading me correctly that im curious about because the reads are based on familiarity but i wanna trust them for today bcause theyre right and like, yes yes can push me can maybe pocket if they wanted to but ehhh? bridge to cross... later i guess. i have four people i wanna kill and none of them are offering up a lot to really sift themselves out from the rest. maybe i havent paid attention enough though

i dont think i have the will to actually push strongly one way or another. this feels like this game is going to be a wolf sweep because most people are going zzzz sleepy i post once every two days and no one's doing anything but i get it. this game is a nursing home for mafia players

actually typing this i opened up notsci's iso and i would kill him i think he's not doing anything at all and takes no real stances. the like "kill cakez kill cakez" stuff just seems like a pretty easily faked tunnel into a bad vote. i disliked dunnstral's vote on that wagon too and usually i think that setting someone up to hammer is worse than the hammerer because of the scrutiny but not here

like typing this i got some jolt of inspiration to care but his language seems reserved, i nitpicked this i think in a recent game but it seems worse here looking at posts like which is all about the boring and uninspiring and limp which seems a little reticent to call someone actively wolfy.

my funny team guess is now syr/notsci because i think it would be "bussing for no reason" in current state with the day one loser banter being a little cherry on top

typing that makes me feel less confident about this vote. but i am starved to do something now VOTE: notsci
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

I go back to bed now
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:12 am

Post by catboi »

his posting today has been underwhelming after promising to do things but he also had that big v/la so i dunno

i don't have good reason to townread him now though. i want to give him a chance to actually play...still

atm - i think ydrasse is town, i kind of liked dunn popping off at me when he thought i was shading him for bad reasons

going to keep rereading stuff
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

@notscience who do you think the mafia is
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 460, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 456, Dunnstral wrote:
Ydra.
tone, mostly. approach feels town, tone feels town, posts look nervous and reflexive in a way that is indicative of Ydra sorting and wanting to have a good game rather than seeing opportunity.
So are you willing to eliminate pretty much anyone else then? Or is it more complex than that?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 467, catboi wrote: his posting today has been underwhelming after promising to do things but he also had that big v/la so i dunno

i don't have good reason to townread him now though. i want to give him a chance to actually play...still

Oh for god's sake just bus him already
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Since you quoted that again, I'm not sure what catboi is getting at by giving notscience a chance to play. We have already been here for ~2 weeks of unlocked thread time.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:32 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Ydrasse I feel you haven't gone beyond saying you don't like my vote on the sircakez wagon with your read on me. It seems that is the only thing you are considering, which is curious as you seem to h ave narrowed down your suspects to four people pretty early on into this day but it doesn't feel like you are working to sift through those reads.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

A !science push times of all times feels
really
bizarrely timed. If there's reason to vote for him now surely there was reason to vote for him on Tuesday?
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 473, Kilgamayan wrote: times of all times
*now of all times