Micro 1073: Purgatory - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 2.02

Vanderscamp (3):
Vanderscamp, Oclaxian Empire, AurorusVox.
Ranger (1):
Ranger.
AurorusVox (1):
Doctor Drew.
Bellaphant (1):
Aisa.

Not Voting (2):
Bellaphant, BloodB0t.

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to send someone through the shining gates of
heaven

The phase deadline is in (expired on 2023-03-23 21:12:43).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 497, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 494, Aisa wrote:
In post 483, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 481, Aisa wrote: Drewww
1. Why do you feel a bit better about me?
2. What do you think of Vanders?
Figured I was being a bit biased based off the last couple games where you were scum, and realistically your post seems a bit different, almost a bit harsher in a good way.

And you used some phrasing that I like to use, that isn't much but that helped my gut read.

I didn't like Vanders when I subbed in, but this is kinda the point for me when my reads start to evolve so I should give them another look.
How do I seem different? I promise I’m going somewhere with this, you can ask where if you answer
Well I touched on it, you seem less worried about pleasing here, as demonstrated but not liking Vander when others seem to to like them for town. ABloaf Aisa wouldn't do that imo(also make me feel good you aren't scum buddies in the worst case scenario, I know how you like to protect your buddy).

So when I look at you objectively, and not through the tainted glasses of how you were scum the last two times(and once led to my mislynch grrr), I feel pretty good for you as town.

And do what you need to do to sort me if you have to.

But, now I need to go back and do a once over on Vander, brb
Ok, that’s an acceptable description of the difference of between this game and AbLOAF to me.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I do remember liking Vander, before I thought there was some theater with Aisa, but as I just said I think I was skewed by possibly unfairly scum reading Aisa.
In post 456, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 454, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 453, Vanderscamp wrote: My vote if not for myself would be OE, I think the only way that one is getting through given the state of the thread would be if it's incorrect.
I need you to walk me through this post
My most likely town outside of myself is OE

I could be misreading the thread but I think that's a non-consensus opinion that's likely to not get very many votes.

If it did get 5 votes, it's probably not because 5 town are pushing it.

Like, I definitely could be wrong on Ranger, but even if I think Ranger is like 25% town, I'm 0% to vote them right now because that vote is never succeeding in getting five pure town votes given current reads.
In post 466, Vanderscamp wrote: The only saving grace is that scum can't really out themselves to send a town to hell, because the heaven angels have the chance to rescue it the next day. That shouldn't be too hard if it was done obviously.
In post 467, Vanderscamp wrote: I'm much more worried about sending a sinner to heaven today, I think that will make the game much harder to win than ending up at 4-3.
And I did like this little sequence. I was not a fan of self votes, but they explained why they felt like a self vote was better than voting for a mom-consensus town read, and even applying that to their presumed top scum read.

So, yes I could vote for Vander for heaven

Pre Edit: Actually VOTE: Vander

That is E-1.....err, H-1?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Lol, mom-consensus.......any moms in this game agree with OE as town haha?

*non-consensus clearly is what I meant.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by Alianna »

Aureal replaces BloodB0t.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 502, Doctor Drew wrote:VOTE: Vander
In post 500, Alianna wrote:
Vanderscamp (3):
Ranger (1):
Ranger.
Bellaphant (1):
Aisa.
Not Voting (2):
Bellaphant, BloodB0t.
To be blunt, I don't think all four votes on Vander are town.

That'd mean all of {Aisa, Bellaphant, Bloodb0t} would be scum.

As I don't believe those three to all be scum, the conclusion: there
must
be scum on Vander.

I think Aisa is town strongly, and while I'm not sure on my exact Bella read, Bella's above null to me.

I firmly believe {Vanderscamp, Oclaxian Empire, AurorusVox, Doctor Drew} contains 2-3 scum (probably two, with Bloodb0t as the third).

If Vanderscamp is town (my current theory), it's because the scum believe Vander in heaven is +scum.

I
hate
the Doctor Drew vote there in particular.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Aureal »

You can't mislim me day one now! Bwahahahahahaha! My plan to keep my D1 mislim rate from hitting 50% is in full force! :shifty:

'k, gonna go read more than the first few pages now. WTF is with that Arko/Oc fight on pages 2/3, anyway? Did not care for Arko's posting to that point but going ALL CAPS over the word "technically", really?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 505, Ranger wrote:
In post 502, Doctor Drew wrote:VOTE: Vander
In post 500, Alianna wrote:
Vanderscamp (3):
Ranger (1):
Ranger.
Bellaphant (1):
Aisa.
Not Voting (2):
Bellaphant, BloodB0t.
To be blunt, I don't think all four votes on Vander are town.

That'd mean all of {Aisa, Bellaphant, Bloodb0t} would be scum.

As I don't believe those three to all be scum, the conclusion: there
must
be scum on Vander.

I think Aisa is town strongly, and while I'm not sure on my exact Bella read, Bella's above null to me.

I firmly believe {Vanderscamp, Oclaxian Empire, AurorusVox, Doctor Drew} contains 2-3 scum (probably two, with Bloodb0t as the third).

If Vanderscamp is town (my current theory), it's because the scum believe Vander in heaven is +scum.

I
hate
the Doctor Drew vote there in particular.
You think Vander is town.....yet put them in a pool of possible scum?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

Page 5:

I like that Oc called out Arko's , because that was a ridiculous post.

Please tell me Ranger isn't going to keep up with these bracketed readlists in every post. I hated that there was one on page one and I see no purpose in smashing them into posts constantly.

Vanderscamp making pretty good posts.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

Page 9:

I'm largely agreeing with Oclax's reads at the bottom of the page, except I am still struggling with what I think of Oclax! So this is a bit confusing. Ranger might have a point about Oclax's phrasing- I'd more likely let it go in most cases if Oc hadn't started the game by having a fit over the implications of the word "technically" and saying that grammar is important. Although I don't actually get the feeling from their posting that it is so much an issue when making their own posts. So... Much confusion.

I can't believe Ranger thinks 26 was a great post, when it's just nonsense. I could maybe buy the one argument on Oc but these wall arguments just make me feel z_z

Aisa being a little weird about giving a townread but at least she acknowledged it probably looks a little weird?

Conveniently, I'm replacing a slot that apparently was on pretty much the same page as I am.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by Aureal »

And then I flip over to page 10 and see Oclax with Vander and Oclax in top slot and Kawaii nowhere to be found. Uhhhh? Putting someone else at just as likely to be town as you yourself are makes no sense.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by Aureal »

Page 12:

Ranger getting slightly better, at least there's some reasoning coming out that I can understand. I don't really agree with it, but I don't understand how people can work from a perspective of defaulting to everyone being town either. Yet some people do.

I feel like the "last post before bed" thing is mostly nai, possibly a bit scummy as it could generate a sense that the poster is working hard participating in this all the way until bedtime. But probably not on page two, in this case, it'd be more effective deeper in the game.

I do find it interesting though that Ranger put all that effort into describing how people are tired at the end of the day and can be weird about posts, then actually knocks Arko's townread down a few pegs because he posted a vote before bed that he took back in the morning. Gonna have to think about the implications of that, if it doesn't get addressed later.

Bella finally posted something again, omg. Zero memory of anything of theirs from earlier. This stuff on Aisa is syncing reasonably well with where I am. She's kind of flittering around and I don't like where she lands sometimes but argues it decently.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:20 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 319, Aisa wrote: Day 3 of seeking an answer to this
I'm probably being a little petty because I can barely remember why I cared so much about this in the first place, lol
Oh man I feel that so much. NVM, Aisa is town. :P

(I just remembered I could use my laptop which was 10 feet away and still read while laying on the couch rather than using my phone so maybe I'll quote more now.)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by Aureal »

Damn, Drew apparently reads really fast. Under 50 minutes for 14 pages? Yeah, he admitted to skipping a bunch of stuff and doing some skimming, so maybe that's why he ends up not making much sense by the end.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 362, BloodB0t wrote: That's right, I'm still the same limbaity badtown on a streak of dodging red role PMs.
Now I know why I feel this slot so much...
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:15 pm

Post by Aureal »

Page 16:

Ranger continuing to gain credibility with the revised view of Arko. I didn't like those last posts of Arko's either and I'm not feeling Drew yet. Now her reads are pretty close to mine.

I'm fading though and will continue with the last five pages in the morning.

Aisa town
Vander likely town though I think he's good at looking town as scum from reading Death Note
AV and Bella townlean
Ranger and Oclax scumlean
Drew scum
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:37 pm

Post by Aisa »

Ooh, is this the white knight I have so ardently been wishing for?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Aureal has just helped to solidify the townie vibes I was getting from bloodbot

If people don’t like vanders for heaven then they need to be proposing alternatives that aren’t themselves.

Based on my calculations earlier the only person who could contend with vanders for heaven is Asia. I’m guessing aureal would accord with that which I think gives Asia the necessary support too.

Tbh I’d be happy with either, drew being on vanders as well as Ranger maybe pushes me towards

VOTE: asia
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Aureal »

Page 16 revised after some sleep and pondering implications a bit more:

Ranger really didn't notice Oclax's post about being an English major until now? That's a bit strange- without it and the "technically" argument on page 3 I don't think I even consider Ranger's Oclax case to be possible. It just seems like the way people are likely to naturally write in this game as they're making an argument towards people who are positioning themselves as town.

I see Aisa is the one to lead the wagon on Kowah here, after indication that Bella wants that wagon. Not great- I guess I have to open up the possibility that she's scum with Ranger trying to get the wagon to divert to a target people would actually take up in time to save Ranger. I mean, she's basically already said that what she wants, just a question of why. Slight demotion for Aisa's town status. It'll be interesting to see how this actually goes down.
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

@mod - v/la 72

Noted.
Last edited by Alianna on Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:49 am

Post by Aureal »

Page 17:

Oh my, Kowah moved their vote off Ranger who was set up to get plurality limmed to vote Oclax instead. Not a very self-preserving move! Drew vote to shift the lim to Kowah is bad. Why is Oclax now willing to hammer there? Stay tuned for the next page to find answers! Hopefully.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Aureal »

Page 18:

Ranger hammers with an apparent misunderstanding of the plurality elimination rules? Weirder and weirder.

Both Vander and Oclax are arguing for Ranger to get voted out D3 and it's hard to argue with that, even though Drew seems a little scummier. Ranger is looking very much like a linchpin here with Drew, Aisa, Vander, Oclax, all having significant interactions. Drew/Ranger/Aisa team maybe? Will have to look into it more in-depth later, but a few more pages to go!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm happy with aisa or vander, I'm skimming but much better vibes from aureal than bot
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:06 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Replacing Oclaxian Empire.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Aureal »

Page 20 (*yawns* almost there...):

Vander and Aisa are looking like the most likely heaven candidates. This matches my TRs. So I should feel good about that. It also makes me feel nervous. Is one of them pulling the wool over our eyes? (Please not both, ow.) Definitely going to need to dig more in-depth into what people are doing, and ponder more what scum seem likely to do here. This is such a different mechanic and setup than a regular game that I feel scum are going to play differently.

AV pointing out that it's dangerous to send a saint to heaven who SRs you is interesting. I hadn't considered that yet, though I've hardly had any time to think about the implications. Making that point is something that feels like it should mean something, but I'm not sure what. Is this something we really should be wary of?

If we do send a town up here, then wrongly send one down tomorrow, that does put us at Judgement Day with the town we send today making the call on who to condemn to save the game.

The game wincons are based on sending scum places. Nobody has advanced their wincon yet with yesterday's elimination. Sending town off in either direction just makes the ratio of scum to town higher. And thus bringing a Judgement Day closer in addition to making it harder for town to function without scum influence. So... I'm definitely going to have to think more about strategy. Might not want to go for the obvious.

Aisa's questions list is interesting. I hope she's going to have some answers too. :lol:

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”