he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #181 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:58 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 55, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 52, KawaiiKame wrote:LAMIST? Lemme get acronyms
That means "look at me I'm so town", which is trying to appear town without actually doing towny things if I understand correctly.

pedit: lol I got ninja'd
LAMIST
In post 61, TemporalLich wrote: I still have no real scumreads as of now as we still are in RVS stage (not everyone has posted yet!) and I haven't seen anything I'd consider truly scummy
Scummy.

VOTE: TemporalLich

HURT: imaginality, Morning Tweet, DragonEater, Enchant
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:05 pm

Post by imaginality »

Now time for me to go and see if, when I open my eyes, I can still see in my mind what I see after I close my eyes.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:41 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 191, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 181, imaginality wrote:
In post 55, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 52, KawaiiKame wrote:LAMIST? Lemme get acronyms
That means "look at me I'm so town", which is trying to appear town without actually doing towny things if I understand correctly.

pedit: lol I got ninja'd
LAMIST
In post 61, TemporalLich wrote: I still have no real scumreads as of now as we still are in RVS stage (not everyone has posted yet!) and I haven't seen anything I'd consider truly scummy
Scummy.

VOTE: TemporalLich

HURT: imaginality, Morning Tweet, DragonEater, Enchant
Why do you these as scummy and LAMIST?I truly fail to see what you are seeing.
LAMIST for the first post because they saw someone had already answered but still posted their own answer anyhow which is of no pro-town value but which does offer a chance to show people "hey everyone, look, I'm a nice helpful townie".

Scummy because the first rule of RVS is you don't talk about RVS. I mean, it's one thing to not have any actual reads yet but it seems overexplainy to feel the need to justify it like that compared to give an RVSy bullshit scumread which might help spark reactions or progress things in some way.

In post 235, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 221, Botanical Rat wrote: Okay so. Scum being able to communicate with partners while in the Nightmare makes it absolutely IMPERATIVE that scum not be allowed in. Otherwise they can just shoot whoever gets the invention the same night.
yeap

well, that's the least of the concern. They actually might have other skills that activate in nightmares too.

We need to make sure only town get in
Botanic Rat's post seems like words for the sake of words. We don't want scum to be in the Nightmare? Well duh.

I also think the concern is slightly overstated because if there's a protective or watcher type role in the nightmare then targeting the invention recipient could backfire on scum. So it's not as clearcut as Rat makes it sound.

Kyoko's point is
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:50 am

Post by imaginality »

I didn't say we should stay in RVS forever.

Omgus noted
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #422 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:48 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 412, TemporalLich wrote: imaginality has really bad pushes and the lack of activity is starting to be very concerning... the lack of any townreads whatsoever only compounds my scumread on imaginality

Gimli has a familiar towny vibe to me and his thoughtstream posts feel like they are town thoughts... idk I could maybe point to and as posts that are archetypal of the vibe I get

so yeah, Gimli is my top read (though Doctor Drew is very close) and imaginality is my bottom read
TemporalLich is just annoyed I caught them.

Busy weekend here, I have time my Monday to catch up more.

I start off slow in large games but when I'm given the chance to get into the game I can be as powerful as a Nightmare.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:16 am

Post by imaginality »

TWTBAW?

Talking with the bats and wolves?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #596 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by imaginality »

I keep looking for reasons not to keep voting TemporalLich and they keep disappointing me.

@Gimli I don't use acronyms much but in that case was pointing out the hypocrisy of TemporalLich being LAMIST with their reply to Kawaii's question about what LAMIST means. So it amused me to use that phrase there.

I too am troubled by Empathice having me high in his townreads. In conjunction with telling me TemporalLich is too wolfy to be scum it feels like maybe hoping to sway me away from voting TemporalLich?

I don't see Porkens as scummy. I think I'd rather keep Porkens here a few more days because I feel like they are good at ruffling people's feathers compared to giving scum an easy ride.

I feel like Flea drove things more as town in the other game I was in with faer. Not sure that the difference is AI though but interested in thoughts of others who know Flea's meta betta.

and from Meg are bad (both wishywashy fencesitty stuff) and if I wasn't still happy voting TemporalLich I'd probably be voting Meg instead.

Oh and I see Meg's fishing as well... yeah, VOTE: MegAzumarill

(P-edit: random fact of the day: the [post] tag only seems to work with 'post' written in lower case.)
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #631 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 609, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 598, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 596, imaginality wrote: Oh and I see Meg's fishing as well... yeah, VOTE: MegAzumarill
Define fishing
Because the implication here is that you are saying its an intentional role signal in which case your response makes about 0 sense. If it isn't I'd like at least some explanation.
I use the word fishing because I don't believe you genuinely believe my use of the word Nightmare was me signalling I am a Traitor. As such I think your intent is to focus some discussion on the topic in hopes of getting to find out my role so you and your buddies can decide whether to kill me or block me or cult me or whatever me.

(If you
do
genuinely believe that of me, ouch, I'd've hoped you'd've credited me with more subtlety than that.)

My belief about the intentions behind your post is unrelated to whether my use of the word was actually:

- a crumb about my role
- a poetic turn of phrase I felt fitting with the game's theme
- both of the above
- completely random

I also think you fishing for more from me and trying to spark discussion of this could perhaps also serve the purpose of distracting us from actual scumhunting.

In any event, I don't intend to say anything further about either my role or my comment.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #647 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:26 am

Post by imaginality »

I don't see it being a protown move for MT to force herself into the nightmare or for a townie to force her into it (given it makes her look suspicious so probably weakens her sway in the Nightmare).

It also seems bold for scum to do so my guess is someone did it with the intent of raising suspicion of her and/or weakening her sway in the Nightmare.
In post 639, Korina wrote:
Morning Tweet has been forcibly confirmed to Run The Nightmare tonight! VC to reflect this, and a normal VC later tonight.

Any additional votes cast on MT will not count, and any unvotes for MT will not count.
@mod: does that refer to just the votes for Nightmare or to the votes for the D1 elimination also?

@Gimli fair enough re. Flea

I don't see how you don't see those two Meg posts I linked to as fencesitting wishy-washy though. (Admittedly Meg's other posts haven't been, it was just those two.)
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #651 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:04 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 649, Gimli wrote: I also disagree with labelling them as fencesitting, I think wrt her post about me is just mech talk and not rly relevant to alignments so I don't think you should be trying to draw an alignment out of those, and the other one feels like townie trying to figure out why a player is behaving a certain way, it's a hard thing to do. I think it just shows thought process and it's another weird post to be scumreading a player for.
I guess is not so bad, the "this doesn't really mean much anyway" just pinged me because I'm wary when players post stuff that goes nowhere as it's an easy way to look like you're trying without actually doing anything. But you're right that it's mech talk.

though, still seems like a classic way of trying to lure others to start a push on me without Meg wanting to get their hands dirty themselves. If someone bites Meg can easily join the wagon later if they want to and if no one bites then they can just slide to a townlean on me.

And it's not me picking on those two posts in isolation (except in a literal sense of 'isolation' since I'd been isoing a few different players and when I isoed Meg those posts pinged me so I commented on them) since in my very next sentence in the same post I picked up on (what I see as) an additional point against Meg.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #653 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:40 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 632, MegAzumarill wrote: In either way I'd like to hear your thoughts on the rest of the game some more
Considering already contained some thoughts on the rest of the game, I think you asking for me this feels more like there's a "go look elsewhere and stop focusing on me" motivation to the request.

That said, to indulge you: MorningTweet and Dragon are still my main townreads. Gimli can go in my town bucket too. And I like to 409 from Kyoko. Plus I townlean Porkens as mentioned in 596.
Ranger can go in my townleans too, not least because she has doubts about me which I feel like is normal for my D1 play.

I've cooled a bit on Enchant compared to earlier.
Also because Kawaii's and give me vibes of a possible Enchant-Kawaii team and I could see TemporalLich sharing an alignment with them too possibly. Also I get a vibe from their iso, not sure how to put into words but feels a bit self-conscious? And there are little things too like how they hurt Enchant (quoting SaveTheDragons' townread) in 236 but didn't hurt SaveTheDragons himself until a while later.

So my suspects pool at the moment is:
TemporalLich, you (Meg), Kawaii, Enchant, Clone.

Actually I might just VOTE: KawaiiKame

HURT: imaginality, MorningTweet*, DragonEater, Porkens, Gimli, Ranger
*I know it doesn't matter with MorningTweet now but think we should still vote her (or not, if you don't trust her) to make people's views of her more transparent for rereads.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #654 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:42 am

Post by imaginality »

Oh Empathice can go in the suspect pool too but is more mild suspicion compared to those others.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #776 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by imaginality »

From the rules:

There is at least one guaranteed moderator lie present in this game. Your role, alignment, and any abilities you possess will always be truthful. I will never lie to you about what you can do, or who you win with, or if you know anyone else is aligned with you. Anything else in the game could be lied about. The exact things I will lie about have been determined in the review.

@mod: would saying "Last night, I saw in a dream that Save the Dragons could kill another player" be a possible moderator lie or would it fail the "I will never lie to you about what you can do" condition given Save the Dragons is one of the players reading your post?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #833 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by imaginality »

If no one is claiming locking MT into the nightmare then chances are it wasn't town who did it. But she was likely to be in it anyway so scum motivation to lock scum MT into it isn't there. So I still think MT more likely town, with scum hoping to cast suspicion on her. I bet some of the push on her today is from scum.
The neighbourhood thing could easily also be scum wanting her to be under more suspicion.

I also like Porkens for town. So of Gimli's options StD and Clone are the two I can see myself voting today.

My question to the mod certainly wasn't a defence of StD and DragonEater painting it as an associative seems like a stretch. We know there are mod lies in this game, understanding what could or couldn't be a lie seems useful to me.

VOTE: Save the Dragons

Overall there's still a lot of stuff up in the air. Hope to find some silent headspace to figure a bit more out today and tonight.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #834 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 827, KawaiiKame wrote: TL is uncc'd cop so being town is a given
I don't think we should be so quick to assume that. Though it certainly keeps Lich out of the lim pool today.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #837 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by imaginality »

@Kawaii:

Clone doesn't look any better today.

Meg's not posted recently. Depending how today goes they might be a possible lim.

I need to reread the two Es (Enchant, Empathice), I've seen some people suspicious of one or the other but they've blurred together a bit in my mind. I do remember wondering about possible associatives between you and Enchant and TemporalLich but you at least seem towny to me today so I was probably wrong about that.

I'm a bit wary of Gimli's sudden push on Morning Tweet and being so concerned about being in a neighbourhood with her. Seems to me like that should help Gimli read Morning Tweet rather than otherwise. Whereas scum would definitely not want to be in neighbourhoods with players who might be able to read them. So Gimli pushing MT early today does ping me a bit. Along with just now saying he only likes one post in her entire iso when in he was 'still' townreading her - that seems like quite a dramatic shift?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #846 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by imaginality »

@Drew oh yeah. That was so far back I'd forgotten.
That softens my circumstantial townread on MorningTweet but I still lean town on her by play.

Rethinking on StD, nothing obviously scummy about the reaction to the mod stuff.

VOTE: Clone

HURT: imaginality, KawaiiKame, MorningTweet, Porkens

I agree with Kawaii's 841 that I was expecting Drew to be more specific about who he sees as doing the acting. Also interested in who he sees as falling for it (since if they're genuinely falling for it they're presumably town or at least not aligned with those doing the acting).
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #881 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 876, Empathice wrote: Isn't it ideal to vig Clone and eliminate someone moderately active?
In this role madbess game what are the chances of that plan working out for us if Clone is mafia?
We should just eliminate whoever we see as scummiest.

P-edit: I would be okay with a Meg wagon.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1003 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:02 am

Post by imaginality »

For sure.
I've reported it to the mod and list mod.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1039 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:51 am

Post by imaginality »

This was such an interesting setup. Really sucks it ended this way.

Morning Tweet had me fooled but I'm happy to see I picked the four mafia in my six scumreads here:
In post 653, imaginality wrote:
So my suspects pool at the moment is:
TemporalLich, you (Meg), Kawaii, Enchant, Clone.

Actually I might just VOTE: KawaiiKame
In post 654, imaginality wrote: Oh Empathice can go in the suspect pool too but is more mild suspicion compared to those others.
@Porkens: I tried to word the flavour of the invention I sent you to make it obvious it was from me. Did you pick up on that?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1041 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:00 am

Post by imaginality »

The bit about becoming as powerful as a nightmare (the phrase I used D1 that led to discussion of whether it was a crumb (which it was since my ability was kinda the same as the Nightmare voters')).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”