Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

"Look! It's a temporal anomaly! Let's go check it out!" -- Nobody, Ever

Star Trek uPick

A 13 Player Mini Theme Game

Designer and Moderator: fferyllt
Reviewer and Co-Moderator: GuyInFreezer
Reviewers: Syryana & penguin_alien

The Crew
  1. Lady Lambdadelta

2. Mislim Bait
    GreyICE

3. hebichan

4. Aureal

5. Black

6. Kokichi Oma

7. petapan
    KawaiiKame

8. Porkens

9. xyzzy

10. PenguinPower

11. Frogs (hydra of Alisae and SirCakez)

12. Rogue
    (hydra of Malakittens and notscience)
  13. Wavelength
    PookyTheMagicalBear
bold
- confirmed
- prodded

Boldly Going

Spoiler:

Mislim Bait
Aureal
Kokichi Oma
petapan
xyzzy

Boldly Gone

Spoiler:
hebichan,
Seven Of Nine, Borg Liaison of Black Ops
was eliminated on
Frogs,
Khan Noonian Singh, Wrathful Augment of the Temporal Alliance
was killed on
Black,
Lt. Commander Data, Sentient Being of the Temporal Alliance
was vengefully shot down on
Rogue,
Nyota Uhura, Alternate Reality Xenolinguist of the Temporal Alliance
was eliminated on
Wavelength,
Captain Kathryn Janeway, Conscience of the Temporal Alliance
was killed on
Porkens,
The Borg Queen, Ally of Black Ops
was eliminated on
Lady Lambdadelta,
Dax, Trill Symbiont of the Temporal Alliance
was killed on
PenguinPower,
Julian Bashir, Doctor of Black Ops
was eliminated on

Organians (spectators)

Spoiler:
  • Cabd
  • Ydrasse
  • borkjerfkin

Last edited by fferyllt on Thu May 04, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The Star Trek uPick Design Process

• Players choose their three character picks in order of preference -- COMPLETED

• Ideas for roles are brainstormed and reviewed. Every role at this point in the process is a town role -- COMPLETED

• Alignments are randomly rolled.
    This means that any role could be a scum role regardless of that character's goodness or evilness in the Star Trek canon.
    -- COMPLETED

• Roles/abilities are tweaked for alignment and balance -- COMPLETED

• Role Cards are drafted and reviewed -- COMPLETED

• Mechanics are considered/drafted -- COMPLETED

• Role Cards are finalized-- COMPLETED

• Game-specific rules are drafted and reviewed -- COMPLETED

• Game narrative and flavor is finalized -- COMPLETED

• One final review of everything -- COMPLETED
Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:49 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Rules:

In-Game Behavior

Site Rules are in effect. Please familiarize yourself and follow them.

2. Posts consisting purely of insults without game content are not tolerated. I penalize such posts with a strike. Three strikes and you'll be replaced. Severe issues will be reported to the listmods.

3. Claiming scum is allowed. Claiming scum with another player (whether as a joke or not) will result in severe consequences for you, and consequences for your team.

4. Play towards your win condition. Gambits are fine, directly harming your own team is not.

5. Loophole abuse is not tolerated.

6. Have fun!

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded in the form
Vote: Player
- bold tags

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Player[/b]
or

VOTE: Player vote tags

Code: Select all

[vote]Player[/vote]

or else they will not be counted. Unvotes are not required to change your vote, but they are helpful.

2. Votes inside of spoiler tags will not be counted.

3. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted. If you notice that your vote hasn't been recorded, please let me know.

4. Eliminations require a majority of votes: (number of living players/2) +1, rounded down. Votes for no elimination will be counted, and a majority of votes for no elimination will end the game day with no elimination.

5. If there's no majority at deadline, there's no elimination.

6. When the hammer vote is cast, all players, including the eliminated may talk freely until the final vote count and eliminated player's card-flip have been posted. If the thread is not locked, it's ok for you to post unless I've specified that it is not ok.

7. Day 1 Deadline is 12 days. Subsequent Deadlines are set at 8 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements near deadline, or under other extraordinary circumstances (e.g., site outages, major holidays).

8. Nights will last 48+ hours, rounded up to the nearest midnight or noon US Eastern Time.

Prods and Replacements:

Replacing Out: If you need to replace out of this game, send me a private message about it. Do NOT post that you want to be replaced, or that you have asked to be replaced in the game thread.

I will acknowledge your replacement request by replying to your PM. From that time forward, you are out of the game. Do not make any more posts in the game thread.

This is a site rule that can entail penalties if broken. It applies to all mafia games at Mafiascum.net unless the game moderator explicitly states otherwise.

1. Prods will be given if have not posted in
48 hours

2. You will be replaced if you either do not respond to a prod, or (at my discretion) if you need to be prodded more than 3 times total. You may request for a player to be prodded at any time. Prods requested when a player has been absent for less than 48 hours do not count for replacement purposes.

3. If you are V/LA (on vacation/have limited access), make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, I suggest requesting replacement, but it's not required, unless you are not able to post at all. If a lengthy V/LA is adversely affecting the game (e.g., if you are not able to post minimally during that time), then I may replace you without penalty.[/size]

Misc.

1. Dark Blue (#004080) is the color I will use for mod posts. Please don’t use this color or otherwise try to make your posts look like mod posts.

2. You can talk about the game in the private threads given to you via PM, assuming you were given one. Otherwise, please refrain from talking about this game outside of this thread, and don't talk about other games inside of this game. This is a sitewide rule. See announcement here.

3. No editing, deleting, using invisible texts, write in code, using font sizes less than 70, etc...

4. Don't quote or reproduce any mod-received PMs or other private communications with me. Paraphrasing is permitted. Check with me if you're not sure whether something you want to post is within the rules.

5. Vocaroos, Youtubes, etc, may not be used to make game-content posts. e.g., do not record a vacoroo with your thoughts about the game and post it.

6. I make mistakes. If you notice I make one, please let me know.[/size]

7. Questions are vastly preferable to Modkills. If you're thinking about doing something that you're unsure is within the letter or spirit of these rules and the game of mafia, then ask me privately about it first.

All
private threads inhabited by two or more slots will explicitly not be redacted. Post accordingly.

Game Specific Rules

1. Rolecards will be flipped upon player deaths. Some may require redactions. Those redactions will be noted with [REDACTED] replacing the removed text.

2. There is a unique mechanic in this game. It will be explained if and when the mechanic is relevant.

3. X-Shot actions that are blocked will be refunded. X-Shot actions that fail for any other reason are expended.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

Temporal Alliance
Sample Role PM

Welcome to the strangest temporal anomaly ever observed in the Four Quadrants!

You are
Reginald Barclay, Anxious Dreamer of the Temporal Alliance

You have always taken refuge from your anxieties and stress via dreams, and occasionally via your own little worlds you create on the Holodeck. But now, even your dreams provide no respite from this terrifying temporal anomaly. Nothing makes sense -- strange messages from no one or nowhere you can discern by day, and by night you either cannot sleep at all, or sleep so deeply you can hardly be roused.

Your abilities:
  • Hailing Frequencies Open:
    Once each game day, you will receive an enigmatic message from who knows where in the form of a PM from the moderator. The transmission will contain no lies, but is not guaranteed to contain any information significant to the game.
  • Things that don't go bump in the night:
    Should there ever be a night where no night actions take place, you will be informed of this non-event.
  • Strange New Worlds:
    There may be aspects of your role you have not yet learned.
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
    While you live, you have the inalienable right to use your voice and your vote.
Win Condition:

You win when all threats to the
Temporal Alliance
have been eliminated, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:09 am

Post by fferyllt »

As is the norm with uPick games, Star Trek uPick is role madness. There are no vanilla town roles in the game.

The reviewers have concluded this game is balanced and all teams have a fair chance to win, but there is some swing, even after they talked me down from my wildest ideas. If games with swing aren't your cup of tea, Earl Grey, hot, please feel free to let me know you'd like to be replaced.

I will update this post with Confirmation Phase status, so check back occasionally if you're curious about progress!

Role PMs
are going out now
. There are instructions on how to confirm in orange text at the bottom of your role PM. Once 11 of 13 players have confirmed, the game will begin!

If you would like a personal private thread for keeping notes in this game, please let me know and I'll be glad to set you up!

11 of 13 players have confirmed!

Day 1 will start momentarily!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Stardate 57478

An unprecedentedly expansive temporal anomaly has been detected in the Alpha Quadrant near the center of the galaxy. A nearby StarFleet science vessel, the USS Yosemite was diverted to study the anomaly. Apparently in reaction to the scans the Yosemite crew initiated, the anomaly, crackling with huge energy outbursts, extended an inescapable amoeba-like a pseudopodal energy field that enveloped the small science vessel and sucked it in.

From within, the anomaly was completely dark. No stellar winds, no subspace crackles, no photons or neutrinos. Nothing, except dozens of vessels from different time periods and spacefaring civilizations, their portholes twinkling merrily with lights from within like holiday ornaments. Humanoid life forms were detected on every ship. Communication channels clamored, some demanding the Yosemite identify itself, some relieved the Yosemite was a Federation vessel, some offering alliance, some threatening destruction if the science vessel didn't immediately pledge neutrality.

A fuzzy understanding of the situation dawned on the Yosemite's crew amidst the subspace chatter. This anomaly was artificial. There was an apparent out-of-phase control center around which all the other vessels were clustered. Although the ships were from different time periods: from 200 years ago to the Yosemite's present and perhaps beyond, the first ship had been engulfed only two weeks earlier at least as something resembling time passes in the anomaly.

Some of the galaxy's most famed explorers, warriors, rulers, scientists, and diplomats were trapped here, despite what history has recorded about their lives and fates. From an elegant greenhouse colony disk to a dingy freighter, the ships ran the gamut from beauty through utility to decrepitude. And there was a power struggle to gain control of the elusive control center. Some of the trapped personnel simply wanted to go home. Some wanted to control this unknown technology. Some saw a new form of travel and power controlling the past, present and future, and traveling through time. And some were revolted or terrified by the possibility of influencing any point in history or the future with unpredictable results.

One location on the interior barrier of the anomaly seemed to thin and cave in, as though a giant finger were pressing in from the outside. A featureless sphere suddenly popped through, and the anomaly's perimeter smoothed out as though it had never been breached. Instantly, a few inhabitants of most of the ships disappeared, with only the sound of displaced air explosively rushing in to now empty space to mark their removal.

The remaining crews and passengers could only wait.

The handful of individuals who had been removed from their ships found themselves at a festive and colorful party in a huge room whose blank walls seemed to be lightyears away. Music, food, drink, and chatter abounded. A tall, impish looking human(?) dressed in in black, wearing a very wide-brimmed hat and a colorful blanket or cape across his shoulder gestured for attention with his...trumpet. "Welcome old friends, and welcome new acquaintances! I'm sure we will be thick as thieves soon enough! Eat, drink, be merry!"

An accusing voice cut through the rush of questions.

"Q!! Is this your doing??"

"Mine? Oh no! I didn't create this conundrum. I'm only here to help you solve it. The question of
whose
solution I will implement is entirely up to, well," Q guestured expansively, "You!"

"You see, you really shouldn't have learned about this temporal technology at your species' tender age, but there's no use crying over spilt milk. I have gathered you here so you can discuss, argue and otherwise enforce a decision. Shall I free each one of you and your companions to return to your own place and time with naught but memories of our precious
moments
together? Or shall I allow whoever of you can gain control of this lovely little time bubble to use it however you see fit?"

"Let's party! I will enable the winners of this debate to steer Humanity's, nay, the Galactic Hegemony's fate!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.0
Day 1 Begins!

Not Voting (13):
Lady Lambdadelta, GreyICE, hebichan, Aureal, Black, Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, Porkens, xyzzy, PenguinPower, Frogs, Rogue
Wavelength

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to eliminate

Deadline: April 2, Midnight Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • GreyICE and Rogue have not confirmed yet. They have 48 hours to post, after which I will seek replacements as needed.
  • :]

Idic
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Alisae »

ribbit
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Frogs »

ribbit
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by Frogs »

Why does Ffery have Elon Musk in their pfp?
I didn't know Elon was in Star Trek
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by hebichan »

Our house was discussing mariachi Q the other day. And there he is. I think mod mind reading should be against site rules.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 9, Frogs wrote: Why does Ffery have Elon Musk in their pfp?
Q is Ffery's avi
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Aureal »

VOTE: hebichan Enough is enough! I have had it with these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday through Friday starship!
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 10, hebichan wrote: Our house was discussing mariachi Q the other day. And there he is. I think mod mind reading should be against site rules.
You got it
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 12, Aureal wrote: VOTE: hebichan Enough is enough! I have had it with these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday through Friday starship!
Ayyyyy
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 13, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 10, hebichan wrote: Our house was discussing mariachi Q the other day. And there he is. I think mod mind reading should be against site rules.
You got it
What did I get? Q's identity?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 9, Frogs wrote: Why does Ffery have Elon Musk in their pfp?

*draws phaser* You comparing Musk to Q??? You'd better behave yourselves, or I'll have to put a stop to your foolishness.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 15, hebichan wrote:
You got it
Yes Frogs thought Q was Elon Musk
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 17, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 15, hebichan wrote:
You got it
Yes Frogs thought Q was Elon Musk
I thought that was a joke tbh
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:20 pm

Post by Wavelength »

I didn't get my first choice :rage:

VOTE: Rogue
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by hebichan »

VOTE: GreyIce

Until he confirms
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Rogue »

VOTE: black

Hello my fellow humans.
I’m one half of this hydra.
Also known as Rogue. I’m the pretty one not to be confused with Gambit who’s the handsome devil.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by hebichan »

Pretty sure it was established I'm a starship infesting snake.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by Black »

VOTE: Kokichi

I have decided I will not be using contractions this game

I might sound weird
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:06 pm

Post by Black »

In post 21, Rogue wrote: Also known as Rogue. I’m the pretty one not to be confused with Gambit who’s the handsome devil.
I like this a lot
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”