LoL eSports Discussion

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8292 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by mastina »

Hi I am a big fan of League of Legends esports.

Sadly, my work schedule prevents me from watching the LCO but I've been a big fan of the region since before they were the LCO (since S9). I realize they'll never actually make it to group stage but like; a girl can dream right? (There's a few names from there that I am always proud to see performing well. Examples include Tally, Arthur, and Violet among many others. (FBI was another, there's a bunch more too.)

I was a fan of Pyosik before he won worlds, I literally wrote a rant about the talent of junglers and what I consider to be the mark of talent. (Not mechanical skill, not carrying, so much as innovating--bringing champions into the meta, inventing new jungle paths, etc. Pyosik was literally the player who brought Udyr into the meta. When other junglers copied him, Pyosik was the one who brought the Hecarim counterpick into the meta. Udyr/Hecarim became perma-p/b because PYOSIK showed why the champs were busted at that time. He didn't make worlds/MSI that year because he was like 8th place at the time if I recall correctly. To me the best teams aren't the ones who perfect the existing meta but rather the teams which pioneer the new meta. For instance, Clutch Gaming in their last year before becoming Dignitas literally invented the 8-minute herald swap. It was a year later that became THE strat. I was a fan of Vulcan from back then and thought he was legit one of the best supports in NA, despite his lackluster win record. His talent and intelligence was apparent, and I was happy when he got success on other teams.)

I can't catch LEC matches live and since the twitch LEC channel changed its vod settings to not record broadcasts I stopped watching the region by and large but they're one of my faves.

I watch the LCK almost every night. I am a big BRO fan, as much as it pains me. They work together SO WELL as a team. They are SO CREATIVE with what they do. But they are SO BAD at actually getting the needed results overall and it pains my soul.

I was a fan of Damwon from the getgo.

Uhhh idk what else to say but yeah I like lol esports.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8294 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 8293, Silverclaw wrote:Hey Mastina, have you checked out https://lolesports.com/vods/lec/lec_spring_2023 yet?
This is where all the VODs are posted during the season
Those capture the matches themselves. Less so the actual twitch vod.

The entire vod, start to finish, unedited--including the dead air time--is what I enjoy.

Return to “The Arcade”