Micro 1073: Purgatory - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 3.01

Ranger (2):
Doctor Drew, Vanderscamp.
Doctor Drew (1):
AurorusVox.

Not Voting (4):
Bellaphant, Ranger, Aureal, Enchant.

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to condemn someone to the fiery pits of
hell

The phase deadline is in (expired on 2023-03-27 11:43:23).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 24
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 596, Bellaphant wrote: @aureal, aisa had been consistent about one of her trs being wrong, yeah. I'd been good with just auto-voting ranger or Dr drew but I haven't liked anything from enchant and they normally town it up, especially Inna game this mech heavy.

I don't know how I feel about what ranger said just then about aisa.
My little experience with Ranger she seems very analytical and 'these are how I see things', like very matter of fact. Even when called out a bit she was more doubled down on that 'hey, my reads.....deal with it'.

There seems to be some frustration in her last post, and even some TMI in asking who she would be scum with, really don't like it at all.
In post 597, Bellaphant wrote: For clarity, my read on Dr drew seems to flip every post they make: I didn't like their poarinf at all a few pages ago but liked their recent one. I don't know what that means.

Im pretty sure ranger/ox-enchant isn't scum/scum, can I get a sense check on that?
I really can't read enchant, but I do not like how they seem overly worried about Ranger being at e-1, also was iffy on Oe(who admittedly have a hard time reading as well). I definitely could see a world where they are scum together.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 590, Bellaphant wrote: @vander it's the why I feel is missing? Maybe I'm tired but it feels like conclusions, not procees. This in particular ' understand why scum would want to send Aisa to heaven over me if they know that Ranger is town and they can get an extremely reliable kill there to win the game if they can lim someone other than Ranger today.'
In a world where Ranger and I are both town, if scum sent me to heaven yesterday and then get a miskill on a non-Ranger player today, they can probably just assume I will send Ranger straight to hell, right?

So why not try to do that?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:37 pm

Post by Aureal »

Because that "get a miskill on a non-Ranger player today" part seems like a potentially huge step? It seemed pretty likely then and still seems pretty likely that Ranger is the target today. You were calling for her to be snap limmed here and saying that if you were sent to the martyr thread that was your legacy.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 593, Doctor Drew wrote: But as far as the Aisa read on Ranger, that really is a big wifom sandwich you are you are proposing here.
Oh yes, absolutely.
Also you are defending Ranger without actually 'defending' her. A bit sketch imo.
If I had explicitly spelled out the wifom argument as well for extra confusion and indecision, would it still be "defending without actually 'defending'"? :lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 596, Bellaphant wrote: @aureal, aisa had been consistent about one of her trs being wrong, yeah. I'd been good with just auto-voting ranger or Dr drew but I haven't liked anything from enchant and they normally town it up, especially Inna game this mech heavy.

Really? I guess I've never been in a game with Enchant long enough to see it, they've all been pretty brief encounters. Or I just have no idea how to read him.

I don't know how I feel about what ranger said just then about aisa.

I don't really like it. Aisa was not defending Ranger anymore by the end. She started out doing that and it faded so I don't find the conclusion that scum realized it'd be advantageous to remove Ranger's defender to be very grounded in what's actually been happening.

In post 597, Bellaphant wrote: For clarity, my read on Dr drew seems to flip every post they make: I didn't like their poarinf at all a few pages ago but liked their recent one. I don't know what that means.

Im pretty sure ranger/ox-enchant isn't scum/scum, can I get a sense check on that?

I haven't given it that much thought and would want to investigate more deeply before giving a stronger answer, but yeah, doesn't feel quite right.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 604, Aureal wrote:
In post 593, Doctor Drew wrote: But as far as the Aisa read on Ranger, that really is a big wifom sandwich you are you are proposing here.
Oh yes, absolutely.
Also you are defending Ranger without actually 'defending' her. A bit sketch imo.
If I had explicitly spelled out the wifom argument as well for extra confusion and indecision, would it still be "defending without actually 'defending'"? :lol:
The irony here is that you are using the Aisa 'oops all caught as scum' defense (patent pending).

Discredit a read while making it a joke at the same time.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:28 pm

Post by Aureal »

I literally have no idea what you said there but it didn't seem like an answer to the question. :P
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:54 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 602, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 590, Bellaphant wrote: @vander it's the why I feel is missing? Maybe I'm tired but it feels like conclusions, not procees. This in particular ' understand why scum would want to send Aisa to heaven over me if they know that Ranger is town and they can get an extremely reliable kill there to win the game if they can lim someone other than Ranger today.'
In a world where Ranger and I are both town, if scum sent me to heaven yesterday and then get a miskill on a non-Ranger player today, they can probably just assume I will send Ranger straight to hell, right?

I actually like the reasoning here from vanders, but as was then pointed out by Aureal, that was not a likely scenario to occur since Ranger was going to be likely limmed anyway…I mean, I can see a world in which vanders is making a play that they’re all about this scenario to distance from ranger should they flip scum with the ascension to heaven, but like, is anyone going to buy that after they flip?*

Aureal what are your thoughts here with the vanders questioning? Like I’m not sure what longevity a play has where vanders promises to judgement day Ranger if vanders is scum who’s looking likely to go to heaven?

Arghhh but then the thing that’s gnawing at me is I’m ALSO not sure why Ranger supported the vanders wagon, as town or scum that doesn’t make sense from Ranger if vanders is town. Unless it’s both of them are scum together and Ranger just got a bit eager and derailed his own partners wagon by offering support for it??

*actually…does vanders get more distancing cred with the above play if ranger is limmed, ie ranger flips scum and vanders then looks super townie for saying they’d judgement day them? Vs the distancing cred ranger would get if vanders was sent to heaven. Like could the play here have been gain the maximum cred for a d2 heaven vote for vanders???

:s
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:27 am

Post by Enchant »

This game is mech heavy? MECH HEAVY?
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:12 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@vanders, who do you think scum would be likely to/want to mis-lim if "ranger and I (you) are both town" ?

@aureal, I'm pretty good at reading enchant! I'm surprised you've never seen him town it up, he often becomes obv! town, often by solving/mech, or obv scum by lack of engagement/effort.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:12 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@av, you are saying that if ranger is scum, Vander's is more likely scum?

I'm wondering about not touching either of them today, now.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:51 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:01 am

Post by Enchant »

Can i get away with calling all my accusers mafia?

Because that's what i plan to do.
Wizard-Mercenary

Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 603, Aureal wrote: Because that "get a miskill on a non-Ranger player today" part seems like a potentially huge step? It seemed pretty likely then and still seems pretty likely that Ranger is the target today. You were calling for her to be snap limmed here and saying that if you were sent to the martyr thread that was your legacy.
Sure, but if Ranger is town, do you think it's better or worse for me or Aisa to be in heaven?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Enchant »

I should had been in heaven now i am stuck on earth with you all
Wizard-Mercenary

Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 610, Bellaphant wrote: @vanders, who do you think scum would be likely to/want to mis-lim if "ranger and I (you) are both town" ?

@aureal, I'm pretty good at reading enchant! I'm surprised you've never seen him town it up, he often becomes obv! town, often by solving/mech, or obv scum by lack of engagement/effort.
I might be misunderstanding the question.

If Ranger and I are both town they would be happy to mislim Ranger.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Right, that's why I'm asking: I'm confused about what you are saying in the first place. Your follow up didn't really clarify, or I'm just not following?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm asking about the 'non ranger' mis kill.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Like, I thought I understood that you think ranger is scum, so If you were in heaven and someone got Mis limned, and ranger was scum, then... After that you'd vote ranger from heaven, If that was the end game? But then I get lost, and that already sounds fairly convoluted
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm also not really following how that followed on from your first post I questioned? It may well be me
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 608, AurorusVox wrote:

I actually like the reasoning here from vanders, but as was then pointed out by Aureal, that was not a likely scenario to occur since Ranger was going to be likely limmed anyway…I mean, I can see a world in which vanders is making a play that they’re all about this scenario to distance from ranger should they flip scum with the ascension to heaven, but like, is anyone going to buy that after they flip?*

Aureal what are your thoughts here with the vanders questioning? Like I’m not sure what longevity a play has where vanders promises to judgement day Ranger if vanders is scum who’s looking likely to go to heaven?

My thoughts are about whether all the Ranger/Vander fighting has been distancing, yeah. It does suck up an awful lot of Vander's attention.
Arghhh but then the thing that’s gnawing at me is I’m ALSO not sure why Ranger supported the vanders wagon, as town or scum that doesn’t make sense from Ranger if vanders is town. Unless it’s both of them are scum together and Ranger just got a bit eager and derailed his own partners wagon by offering support for it??

I have no answers for that either. I feel like if they were scum together and that was all a plan to get Vander voted to heaven, Ranger could be a little more patient there. But I think that was about the time I got in so maybe they suddenly got nervous that I was going to sway things to Aisa's side? I'll have to look back at that.
*actually…does vanders get more distancing cred with the above play if ranger is limmed, ie ranger flips scum and vanders then looks super townie for saying they’d judgement day them? Vs the distancing cred ranger would get if vanders was sent to heaven. Like could the play here have been gain the maximum cred for a d2 heaven vote for vanders???

:s

Not sure I'm entirely following you there, but I'd think they'd have preferred Vander getting the heaven vote we just had, unless that's what you meant by d2? Terminology is a bit weird in this game. The plan could've been that Ranger would get bussed D1 to get Vander the cred for the following heaven vote. Then the third, who's stayed hands off enough to not be easily identifiable, gets another heaven vote. But then since Aisa and Bella turned the wagon onto Kowah even after it looked like Ranger was going down, Vander didn't quite have the oomph for the heaven vote?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 610, Bellaphant wrote: @aureal, I'm pretty good at reading enchant! I'm surprised you've never seen him town it up, he often becomes obv! town, often by solving/mech, or obv scum by lack of engagement/effort.
Like I said, our interactions have been pretty short-lived. In our first game he was coaxed into hammering me not halfway through the D1 deadline then everyone went quiet the rest of the game. He's replaced into a slot that was masons and that day didn't last 12 hours before there was a hammer and he got nightkilled. And he replaced into a banned troll's slot and was scum in a game which was winding down D1 and had many nightkills so all he had to do D2 was wait for a quickhammer opening.

I can kind of see the difference in the town game you linked, but not for a good bit of time. Looks like he basically sat out day one and didn't start doing anything but trollpost for over a week and 50 game pages. So I'm still not sure what to expect from him here, other than trollposts.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 615, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 603, Aureal wrote: Because that "get a miskill on a non-Ranger player today" part seems like a potentially huge step? It seemed pretty likely then and still seems pretty likely that Ranger is the target today. You were calling for her to be snap limmed here and saying that if you were sent to the martyr thread that was your legacy.
Sure, but if Ranger is town, do you think it's better or worse for me or Aisa to be in heaven?

If Ranger is town and we flip her here, I don't know who either of you vote from heaven. Aisa was confused and you... haven't really given any recent scumreads other than Ranger. Still no thoughts there?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”