Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 9, Bub Bidderskins wrote: First game in nearly 10 years. The meta's still to random vote at the start of day 1 I assume?
It's basically a site tradition at this point, other sites use other methods of kickstarting the game.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

VOTE: Dionysus
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 26, KawaiiKame wrote: VOTE: Dionysus
Hope you online man
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 8, Cephrir wrote: update: it didn't work
woooow a canine sacrifice.... they must know I love cats!! Can't sacrifice a cat lover!!!
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by NJAC »

Greetings.

VOTE: Greeting
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by ballpointpen »

In post 21, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 17, KawaiiKame wrote: It begins
In post 18, Hu Tao wrote: Hello everyone
So right off the bat I'm somewhat suspicious of both Kawaii and Hu Tao here. This is admitedly somewhat weak because the game just started, but both of these posts are really fluffy, non-commital and not progressing the game. Now, is this progressing the game more than a random vote? I dunno, but the reason why "random" votes are a thing is to create an initial paper trail of some sort...they aren't really random, so it immediately puts the scum in a bit of a pick of whether or not to bus. So far, these posts are just the most flimsy, "hey I'm here but not actually advancing the game" kind of posts.

I'm, going to go ahead and VOTE: Hu Tao

Mainly because it was another post right after a fluff post by Kawaii. Kind of reads as scum thinking "okay, need to say something now to not look suspicious" while being non-comittal.

Also going to put a
finger of suspicion on Kawaii
for similar sorts of reasons, but I think it's very unlikely that both Kawaii and Hu are scum. No way a scum comes in right after their buddy to make an almost identical post.
let me play the devil's advocate to your accusation: what you pointed out isn't unique to those two users, since savethedragons (i'll abbreivate to STD if that's ok) also just said "hi" without casting a vote, so wouldn't the same kind of logic apply to them?

and while people do vote for reasons during rvs its redundant because these are completely unaligned reasons that would be the same regardless of rand, so the votes are equally as non-commital and passive as the entrances, and the argument falls apart pretty quickly because of that
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:51 pm

Post by ballpointpen »

In post 23, KittyTacky wrote: Meow wow I caught page 1!

VOTE: ballpointpen for breaking in my backpack and spilling ink over my physics textbook.
how the fuck could you possibly break me without actually trying
besides, im erasable. big difference.
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by ballpointpen »

you probably had one of those sad little papermate things
search up Pilot Frixion™ pens and you wont regret it
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:25 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 21, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 17, KawaiiKame wrote: It begins
In post 18, Hu Tao wrote: Hello everyone
So right off the bat I'm somewhat suspicious of both Kawaii and Hu Tao here. This is admitedly somewhat weak because the game just started, but both of these posts are really fluffy, non-commital and not progressing the game. Now, is this progressing the game more than a random vote? I dunno, but the reason why "random" votes are a thing is to create an initial paper trail of some sort...they aren't really random, so it immediately puts the scum in a bit of a pick of whether or not to bus. So far, these posts are just the most flimsy, "hey I'm here but not actually advancing the game" kind of posts.

I'm, going to go ahead and VOTE: Hu Tao

Mainly because it was another post right after a fluff post by Kawaii. Kind of reads as scum thinking "okay, need to say something now to not look suspicious" while being non-comittal.

Also going to put a
finger of suspicion on Kawaii
for similar sorts of reasons, but I think it's very unlikely that both Kawaii and Hu are scum. No way a scum comes in right after their buddy to make an almost identical post.
Im sold.

However, Im going to

vote Kawaii

I hate finger of suspicions...its like getting credit for a vote without having to do anything. If Kawaii flips scum, this looks sketchy.

consider this my
finger of suspicion (any hypocrisy) on Bub
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:20 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

some people don't do rvs
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:41 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 32, ballpointpen wrote: you probably had one of those sad little papermate things
search up Pilot Frixion™ pens and you wont regret it
Yeah I looked into higher-quality pens instead of the cheap stuff after that lmao.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:42 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 34, Save The Dragons wrote: some people don't do rvs
^

Those people generally don't do RVS regardless of alignment.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:42 am

Post by KittyTacky »

I don't think it's really scummy.
~Vasex
~Enchant
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:55 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

In post 30, ballpointpen wrote: let me play the devil's advocate to your accusation: what you pointed out isn't unique to those two users, since savethedragons (i'll abbreivate to STD if that's ok) also just said "hi" without casting a vote, so wouldn't the same kind of logic apply to them?

and while people do vote for reasons during rvs its redundant because these are completely unaligned reasons that would be the same regardless of rand, so the votes are equally as non-commital and passive as the entrances, and the argument falls apart pretty quickly because of that
Sure, it's just the the timing that seemed a little...eh to me. Sort of "hey, let's show my face so everyone knows I'm cool but not actually try to move towards finding scum>" I'll admit it's weak and I'm not married to this tell, but my general read of scum behavior is that they're like politicans who'll pop in to show themselves but don't actually want to be attached to a wagon.

I'm much more confident in my read that it's very unlikely both Hsu and Kawaii are both scum just because of their interaction. It just seems like scum wouldn't banter with each other about such fluff just right out of the gate.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:57 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

In post 33, curiouskarmadog wrote: Im sold.

However, Im going to

vote Kawaii

I hate finger of suspicions...its like getting credit for a vote without having to do anything. If Kawaii flips scum, this looks sketchy.

consider this my finger of suspicion (any hypocrisy) on Bub
Fair enough, but just out of curiosity, why are you more suspicious of Kawaii than Hsu?
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:06 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

VOTE: curious
In post 33, curiouskarmadog wrote: vote Kawaii

This post makes me feel like they're organizing future mislims more than they're scumhunting. The whole "If Kawaii flips scum" part doesn't feel like it comes from a town POV.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

I appreciate y'all trying so hard out the gate but I think most of what's been argued so far isn't really alignment indicative

Also btw FoSing is out of style these days
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:00 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

fos cephrir

igmeoy cephrir
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

Bartleby the Scrivener
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 41, Cephrir wrote: I appreciate y'all trying so hard out the gate but I think most of what's been argued so far isn't really alignment indicative

I feel like everything is alignment indicative. Every post is made with intentions. Its not up to the poster to express this, but up to the player-base to interpret.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

and my interpretation is that voting or not voting in rvs isn't a meaningful decision; feel free to make something of it if it makes you happy tho
Bartleby the Scrivener
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:21 am

Post by ballpointpen »

In post 38, Bub Bidderskins wrote: Sure, it's just the the timing that seemed a little...eh to me. Sort of "hey, let's show my face so everyone knows I'm cool but not actually try to move towards finding scum>" I'll admit it's weak and I'm not married to this tell, but my general read of scum behavior is that they're like politicans who'll pop in to show themselves but don't actually want to be attached to a wagon.

I'm much more confident in my read that it's very unlikely both Hsu and Kawaii are both scum just because of their interaction. It just seems like scum wouldn't banter with each other about such fluff just right out of the gate.
there's a distinction between AI and wifom. even if you do believe everything that has been posted has some sort of motivation, it might just be irrelevant because there's an equal chance that the user posted it as town or scum, which is exactly what those two posts are: there's nothing distinct about posting "hi" for either alignment, making the alignment read a massive stretch.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 38, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 30, ballpointpen wrote: let me play the devil's advocate to your accusation: what you pointed out isn't unique to those two users, since savethedragons (i'll abbreivate to STD if that's ok) also just said "hi" without casting a vote, so wouldn't the same kind of logic apply to them?

Sure, it's just the the timing that seemed a little...eh to me. Sort of "hey, let's show my face so everyone knows I'm cool but not actually try to move towards finding scum>" I'll admit it's weak and I'm not married to this tell, but my general read of scum behavior is that they're like politicans who'll pop in to show themselves but don't actually want to be attached to a wagon.

I'm with
STD
and
Cephrir
on this one.

And, as a matter of fact, one game when I was mafia, I tried pushing a similar point to move up the pace and fake a contribution.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:30 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 44, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 41, Cephrir wrote: I appreciate y'all trying so hard out the gate but I think most of what's been argued so far isn't really alignment indicative

I feel like everything is alignment indicative. Every post is made with intentions. Its not up to the poster to express this, but up to the player-base to interpret.
Both town and mafia can make contentless posts for no reason or for whatever reason really. It is a common mistake for town to assume that every post has intention.
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:38 am

Post by ballpointpen »

In post 48, Greeting wrote:
In post 44, Kowahbunga wrote:

Both town and mafia can make contentless posts for no reason or for whatever reason really. It is a common mistake for town to assume that every post has intention.
what makes it specifically a town mindset?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”