Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4125 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by Bingle »

I'm in the "Wait to see if there's a doc shot left on the JOAT" camp myself. If there is I don't really have to figure out if this setup would have a scum rb or something similar from Shea.

As far as cop goes, I think my preference would be sheep or SKrew.

I have thoughts about the treasurer position that might make it less important to have it be town controlled, actually, so I'm probably going to run for Mayor or Trash.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4124, Thestatusquo wrote:
Current Candidates

Treasurer[0]

Sherriff[1]
Alisae
Mayor[0]

Council Member[0]
Unowen
Trash Collector[0]

Board of Election[0]

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-03-25 15:35:00)
Damn mod stole my pagebottom.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

Shea?
Nah he don't care about them pagetops
he want them page bottoms
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Your mod is a switch in many different ways
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 4125, Bingle wrote: I'm in the "Wait to see if there's a doc shot left on the JOAT" camp myself. If there is I don't really have to figure out if this setup would have a scum rb or something similar from Shea.

As far as cop goes, I think my preference would be sheep or SKrew.

I have thoughts about the treasurer position that might make it less important to have it be town controlled, actually, so I'm probably going to run for Mayor or Trash.
I think you absolutely have to decide right now if you want to kill me or not.
Not like, right this minute, but during the campaigning phase.
If the village is deciding on killing me, then you need to figure out who the cop should be.
If the village is not killing me, I am your best cop. You even said so yourself that you would want a scummy cop, you know I'm the best person for the job and you know that I don't have wolf partners.

Think about it.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by Alisae »

Regardless of what my alignment is there will not be a doc shot left on the Mayor.
If I'm town, I used it because I'm telling the truth.
If I'm mafia, I used it to keep my story consistent.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4131 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4129, Alisae wrote: You even said so yourself that you would want a scummy cop, you know I'm the best person for the job
Disagree. If you're town, you're a good foil to me scumhunting wise. I'd far rather have you copped than have you be cop.

I need to think about the setup (whether rb is reasonable) and the likelihood that scum would have been able to guess Uno was the one funded. I need to think about what a scumAli world would look like here. I need to think about whether we can get away with scummy treasurer and just forcing a specific funding position. I need to think about the potential that Uno is scum here.

GL, help a guy out and link the last game you were town in with a late game guilty result.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4132 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:57 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 4073, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4062, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 4049, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 4040, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 4016, Alisae wrote: I had no reason to move my vote but ok GL you're a wolf so...
let's go back to Things That Matter

in this post, Alisae is telling me that I am a wolf. Why does e need to do that? If I'm a wolf I already know I'm a wolf. This is a statement that is meant to impress upon everybody else that I am a wolf, it is manipulative rhetoric and an unnatural way for town to be talking to somebody they earnestly scumread.
lmao is this a bit
am I not clear or something? how often do you engage with your scumreads and say "I would [argue with you] or [explain myself], but you're a wolf!"

like that's obviously just meant to manipulate the audience than to express eis point of view, is it not

there's some nuance in like, town being snarky/dismissive towards scumreads and scum doing it, but the "you're a wolf" is really ham-fisted. fmpov it reeks of disingenuine
Reeks of a bus is what it reeks of
furtive was this a joke or do you believe GL and Ali are both scum
To be clear: quack
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4133 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:59 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4132, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 4073, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4062, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 4049, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 4040, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 4016, Alisae wrote: I had no reason to move my vote but ok GL you're a wolf so...
let's go back to Things That Matter

in this post, Alisae is telling me that I am a wolf. Why does e need to do that? If I'm a wolf I already know I'm a wolf. This is a statement that is meant to impress upon everybody else that I am a wolf, it is manipulative rhetoric and an unnatural way for town to be talking to somebody they earnestly scumread.
lmao is this a bit
am I not clear or something? how often do you engage with your scumreads and say "I would [argue with you] or [explain myself], but you're a wolf!"

like that's obviously just meant to manipulate the audience than to express eis point of view, is it not

there's some nuance in like, town being snarky/dismissive towards scumreads and scum doing it, but the "you're a wolf" is really ham-fisted. fmpov it reeks of disingenuine
Reeks of a bus is what it reeks of
furtive was this a joke or do you believe GL and Ali are both scum
GL and yourself were the thespians in my view
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4134 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

furtive exists in a quantum state where Alisae is both scum and not scum, when you attempt to observe him he behaves as if Alisae is not scum, but at the same time he will sometimes imply Alisae is scum or not fully commit to Alisae townread
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4131, Bingle wrote: GL, help a guy out and link the last game you were town in with a late game guilty result.
do you mean like a game where I was a cop and got a guilty? I can check but I don't know if there's gonna be a ton of hits there for ya boss. I have a couple in mind but I don't think either was late game
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4136 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:07 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4134, GuiltyLion wrote: furtive exists in a quantum state where Alisae is both scum and not scum, when you attempt to observe him he behaves as if Alisae is not scum, but at the same time he will sometimes imply Alisae is scum or not fully commit to Alisae townread
Right now I think e is town because of my scumread on you, but it's possible you're bussing. You town and em scum doesn't really exist to me, neither does T/T.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4137 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:14 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1428, Thestatusquo wrote:
VoteCount 1.5

Meowth
[ 5 ]
unowen, guiltylion, Save the dragons, LLD,
pooky

Unowen [ 3 ]
datisi,
meowth
Furtiveglance
Save the Dragons [ 2 ]
Bloodb0t,
ausuka

Datisi [ 1 ]
enchant

Bingle [ 1 ]
sircakez

Not Voting [ 4 ]

Bingle,
Actiondan
, Sleepykrew,
Herta

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-02-26 13:22:00)
In post 1550, Thestatusquo wrote:
VoteCount 1.6

Meowth
[ 5 ]
unowen, guiltylion, Save the dragons, LLD, Sleepykrew
Unowen [ 3 ]
datisi,
meowth
Furtiveglance

Save the Dragons [ 2 ]
Bloodb0t,
xofelf

Datisi [ 1 ]
enchant

Bingle [ 1 ]
sircakez

Not Voting [ 4 ]

Bingle,
Actiondan, Herta. pooky

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-02-26 13:22:00)
A couple of pivotal VCs. Right now I'm thinking there was bussing because of my scumreads on GuiltyLion and SleepyKrew. If there wasn't, the scumteam would have to be something like Bingle/Sheep/Alisae, which seems unlikely to me.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4138 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

in Shakespeare I was a tracker and got a guilty on D2

in this newbie game I was a tracker and totally owned scum!UNOwen

having trouble remembering/finding games where I was investigative role but willing to keep digging if it'll help in some way
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4139 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4136, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4134, GuiltyLion wrote: furtive exists in a quantum state where Alisae is both scum and not scum, when you attempt to observe him he behaves as if Alisae is not scum, but at the same time he will sometimes imply Alisae is scum or not fully commit to Alisae townread
Right now I think e is town because of my scumread on you, but it's possible you're bussing. You town and em scum doesn't really exist to me, neither does T/T.
why does me T / Alisae S not exist to you?? if you set aside all the bullshit we have

- me, a player who is good odds of town in a vacuum
- Alisae, a player who is good odds of town in a vacuum, but had night actions last night where fuckery
must have occurred

like, in the most OBJECTIVE sense, T!GL and S!Alisae should be the second most likely world after T!GL and T!Alisae.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4140 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:22 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Meowth seemed like the "I hate being scum just bus me guys" type

And no scumteam would allow themselves to just sit around not voting or voting small wagons and get no towncred, rather than bus
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4141 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:22 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4139, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 4136, furtiveglance wrote:
why does me T / Alisae S not exist to you?? if you set aside all the bullshit we have

- me, a player who is good odds of town in a vacuum
- Alisae, a player who is good odds of town in a vacuum, but had night actions last night where fuckery
must have occurred

like, in the most OBJECTIVE sense, T!GL and S!Alisae should be the second most likely world after T!GL and T!Alisae.
We're not in a vacuum and I never go "hang on quick reality check, everyone is more likely town than not"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4142 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok but carte blanche ruling out an entirely likely scenario for ?? reasons is ????

like whatever possible reasons you have to scumread me should always be weaker than the fact that Alisae claimed to use the doc role and their claim doc target died! this isn't rocket science here!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4143 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

have you even ever actually cased why you think I'm scum

like, the only thing that comes to mind is you Don't Approve of my militant and aggressive style of play

you also had that one meta point you made about me "wearing my heart on my sleeve" in my town games with you and feeling more stiff to you here, do you still hold that opinion? can you be more specific about what you thought where towntells in those past games that you don't see in this game, as I remember your description being subjective and vague at the time
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4144 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I can't believe it feels like I have to lay this out again so explicitly, but once more

To believe that Alisae is town, all of the following MUST be true

- Alisae is town
- scum have some kind of ability to interfere with a doc protect
- this ability was active/available on N3
- either of the following: 1. if the ability relies on
knowing who the doc is
, scum must have guessed or known Alisae was the doc, or 2. the ability was a specific type of ability where knowing who the doc was doesn't matter (strongman)

vs

To believe that Alisae is scum, all of the following MUST be true

- Alisae is scum and lied about doccing Andante

now, generally odds of town!Alisae >> odds of scum!Alisae. That is always the starting point for probabilistic thinking. However, once we've added several other things that HAVE TO BE TRUE in town!Alisae world (scum ability exists, scum were able to use this ability on N3, scum were able to use it by either guessing Alisae was doc or it was the EXACT ability that didn't matter who the doc was), you have to weigh the odds of all of those things being true vs the odds Alisae is scum.

IMO it's pretty clear the odds that Alisae is just scum (3/8 from a town perspective) is more likely than the other explanation. that's what our friend Occam would tell ya. and then one can start then also factoring in that Alisae's play today is survivalist in nature and there aren't really a ton of super great or compelling reasons to townread the slot in general?

furtive, if you are town here, please genuinely consider this post seriously, and weigh that
honestly
against the reasons you have for thinking I'm scum. in my opinion, it is always better to weigh hard, tangible evidence vs our own personal theories about scumtells or how mafia play.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4145 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:45 am

Post by furtiveglance »

We know scum have extra abilities. It doesn't seem a massive stretch that they would be available on N3
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Jesus GL you are giving me bad vibes
I understand your argument, I get what you are saying but you are bludgeoning the thread with it in a way that suggesta there can be no other accepted outcome and doesn't feel town =/
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:47 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4143, GuiltyLion wrote: have you even ever actually cased why you think I'm scum

like, the only thing that comes to mind is you Don't Approve of my militant and aggressive style of play

you also had that one meta point you made about me "wearing my heart on my sleeve" in my town games with you and feeling more stiff to you here, do you still hold that opinion? can you be more specific about what you thought where towntells in those past games that you don't see in this game, as I remember your description being subjective and vague at the time
Your reads seem calculated to me, and there are some slots that you never seem to give a read on

At one point you scumread Nono but never followed it up

And then voting Ircher yesterday despite feeling bad about the 'gamestate' was strange
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:48 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4146, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Jesus GL you are giving me bad vibes
I understand your argument, I get what you are saying but you are bludgeoning the thread with it in a way that suggesta there can be no other accepted outcome and doesn't feel town =/
bad vibes everywhere
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4146, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Jesus GL you are giving me bad vibes
I'm bludgeoning the thread with it because I'm frustrated I'm getting met with so much pushback AGAIN

after D2 of me not liking the wagon but compromising on it anyway

after D3 of me not liking the wagon but compromising on it anyway

whoever is also town here is either scumreading me or not listening to me (except for UNOwen mainly) and I don't know what to do other than keep yelling about it so at the very least if I die y'all will do what I want tomorrow

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”