Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Aureal »

VOTE: hebichan Enough is enough! I have had it with these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday through Friday starship!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 9, Frogs wrote: Why does Ffery have Elon Musk in their pfp?
I didn't know Elon was in Star Trek

*draws phaser* You comparing Musk to Q??? You'd better behave yourselves, or I'll have to put a stop to your foolishness.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 22, hebichan wrote: Pretty sure it was established I'm a starship infesting snake.
You got it! Now where are all the others? Don't make me call a red alert!
In post 23, Black wrote: VOTE: Kokichi

I have decided I will not be using contractions this game

I might sound weird
You're fine, it's the early game, you can wait at least a few days to develop a character trait like that.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:37 pm

Post by Aureal »

I wish I could wake up confused tomorrow instead of right now. :o

Clearly I need people I can banter with too. *scans player list* Black! Kawaii! Wavelength! I demand that you engage in banter with me using our incredible history of playing in one game with me so we can confuse the others!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by Aureal »

You're only half a slot, you don't count.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Aureal »

Also you're probably part of this animal coalition I'm hearing so much about and I'm not clear on how that relates to me. Maybe I'm secretly a member of it.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by Aureal »

Is that why you're in such a hurry to wagon hebi?

UNVOTE: hebi, VOTE: xyzzy
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Aureal »

Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until your birthday to get it then? Why are you demanding early birthday wishes?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 95, Black wrote:
In post 82, Aureal wrote: Clearly I need people I can banter with too. *scans player list* Black! Kawaii! Wavelength! I demand that you engage in banter with me using our incredible history of playing in one game with me so we can confuse the others!
I do not remember you being this demanding in our game and the Aureal I know and love would give the milk his birthday present. Did you roll wolf this game?
I'm starting to think it's literally impossible for me to not roll town.

Why would I not want to help eliminate hebi if I was a wolf- is she a wolf?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 100, hebichan wrote:
In post 93, Aureal wrote: Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until your birthday to get it then? Why are you demanding early birthday wishes?
UNVOTE: rogueVOTE: aureal

I encourage everyone in the animal coalition to get on these actually awful posts.

I realize you've probably had people use the meme at you like dozens of times but it's new and unique here because I said starship instead of plane, see? :P
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 122, hebichan wrote: For me it's Frogs than aureal but Frogs says they have reads and there's a hydra bad post qouta that I allow for.
Wait, so you're saying if I hydra I'm allowed to be bad?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 153, hebichan wrote: I'll take the deal. I don't have any interest in you dying. Barring you flipping scum of course, but I don't think you will?
Didn't you say in that you'd shoot her if you were a vig? Which I believe is part of the reason she's been scumreading you?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:59 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 160, Kokichi Oma wrote: I usually skip RVS stuff since I don't like it, so i get other's opinions from them
I need to learn how to have this attitude and get away with it. :?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:10 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 194, GreyICE wrote: Hmmm, well we must all keep our townreads close to our chest it appears. Presumably so when we beat our chest we hit them first.

So lets propose a compromise and band together on a wagon we both like. So who should we pick, and why is it xyzzy?

VOTE: xyzzy

Hey! I'm trying to vanity wagon here, do you mind??? :mad:

BTW Black, why did you refer to GreyICE as "milk", is this some reference I'm not getting?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 203, PenguinPower wrote: VOTE: rogue

i blame Aureal.
I am very blamable, it's true. Can't fault you for that.

In post 211, Black wrote:
In post 204, Aureal wrote: Why would I not want to help eliminate hebi if I was a wolf- is she a wolf?
LLD and Grey seem to think so
No read of your own? Are they in charge of this game?

In post 215, Black wrote:
In post 213, Aureal wrote: BTW Black, why did you refer to GreyICE as "milk", is this some reference I'm not getting?
I think xyzzy is milk. Whoever has the crying milk pfp which might not be visible on mobile I just realized

Oh, right, that's who I meant. I'm confusing myself here since I hadn't actually seen that avatar since last night when I replied and I was using my phone then so it probably didn't even really register with how small avatars are there.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 217, Black wrote:
In post 177, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 24, Black wrote:
In post 21, Rogue wrote: Also known as Rogue. I’m the pretty one not to be confused with Gambit who’s the handsome devil.
I like this a lot
it's this post, to be clear.

Also, wow it's 2 posts not 5, lmfao. That's actually incredible I was so high last night.

Anyway, the read is still the case. This is a town post.
How is "I like this a lot" a town post?

I'm confused about that too. Does liking X-Men references have some strange connection to alignment here? I know Sir Patrick Stewart is awesome and all but...

In post 219, Black wrote:
In post 218, Aureal wrote: No read of your own? Are they in charge of this game?
I gave a hebi read in

Okay, so why bring LLD and Grey up when I asked without referring to your own read?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:28 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 220, PenguinPower wrote: This was a real question btw
In post 97, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 91, Aureal wrote: Is that why you're in such a hurry to wagon hebi?

UNVOTE: hebi, VOTE: xyzzy
Why are you in such a hurry to destroy the beauty of competing wagons?

I'm not a speed-player. Big wagons early on make me nervous about the day ending too fast and leaving us a mess to sort out after. I don't think someone needs to be at e-2 before we've even gotten a post from all the players. There could be some merit to the hebi wagon but we've got lots of time to sort things out yet.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 262, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 251, Wavelength wrote:
Interestingly, 2nd place is probably Black for , but I don't know that the two slots make sense together on a cursory glance.

VOTE: black
In post 211, Black wrote:
In post 204, Aureal wrote: Why would I not want to help eliminate hebi if I was a wolf- is she a wolf?
LLD and Grey seem to think so
This all Black said in this post, why does this scum ping you? Feels pretty innocent to me-unless semi sheeping is scummy to you

I can't speak for Wavelength, but bringing up other people made me a little concerned about Black because in the game we played together, early on she kept referring to me. "Aureal, do you think this is X? Aureal what do you think about Y?" Nobody ever wants
my
opinion that much, so I started to wonder if she was scum trying to hide behind me. Turns out, she was!

On the other hand, I read that DN game and her playstyle doesn't seem noticeably different there as town than the game I played with her. I feel like her style is not far off from how I play, she's just a lot better at it. So I'm also concerned that Frogs could be wrongly 'pinged' by all those Black posts because I know my style can easily ping veterans who have certain expectations on how scum will play.

So, still hoping Black is town, I think Porkens made some decent points on her, but going to keep an eye on her. A closer eye than last game when I let her get away, sigh.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 280, Porkens wrote: As others have noted, xyzzy's hop onto hebichan's wagon slightly smacks of distancing. I agree that if hebichan is scum, xyzzy is partner-leaning.

I don't see a town motivated reason why Aureal unvotes hebichan in 91. At that point, I don't have a strong townread on hebichan. Aureal doesn't express one either. Why not wagon hebichan? Someone at Y-2 is kinda the end of RVS in my opinion, but Aureal seems to be sticking with goofiness at that point. Regardless of hebichan's alignment, I scumread Aureal for this. hebi's omgus vote on aureal is bad too.

Wait, wait, wait. Are you saying I'm scum with hebi for getting off her wagon and xyzzy is scum with her for taking the spot that I had just vacated?

@_@

Most uncoordinated scum team ever?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 285, xyzzy wrote: is pretty silly. E-2 is, as a matter of fact, not the same thing as E-0. there are situations where putting the game at E-2 as town would be incredibly reckless and would be a reason to read me as scum. that wasn't one.
Hi!

Feel free to think it's silly.

I did ask why you were in such a hurry for a hebi wagon, and I haven't seen a response.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 357, GreyICE wrote: Because unless the scum are the borg, one of you can do one thing and one another. Do you strike you as the sort of person to coordinate RVS?

I can't coordinate RVS, I don't have anyone to coordinate with. I have no idea if it's more common than now. But scum get to talk at any time in a PT, right? Seems like the sort of thing one would talk about there would it? Trying to imagine how that would look. "Hey guys I'm an RVS vote on hebi and now it's E-2 so I'm getting off." "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU FOOOOOOOL NOW I'VE GOTTA TAKE YOUR PLACE SO WE CAN BUS THIS RVS WAGON THAT WON'T LOOK SUSPICIOUS AT ALL"
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 301, Porkens wrote:
In post 55, Black wrote: VOTE: Rogue

Who let the dogs out?
protown willingness to pressure

So I gotta ask. What exactly is protown about this willingness to pressure?

Or is willingness to pressure just inherently protown in your view?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 337, hebichan wrote: Porkens is my most confident scumread. Your flip would be more interesting. You flipping town always results in me voting porken tomorrow, you flipping scum would likely make porkens town cause why buddy so close to a scum partner.

I don't follow the logic here at all. If you think one is town and one is scum, shouldn't you want to vote for the one you're most confident about?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 369, Black wrote: I see where you are coming from but did you really get this vibe from my LLD/Grey comment?
Um, a little bit, yes? Like I said? It's probably overreacting, but it gave me pause.
You asked me if hebi is a wolf and since I'm not sure I referred to the experts' opinions. In the newbie game I tried to pocket you but I do not see that here with this comment
That was pocketing? Darnit, I've now announced to everyone here now
not
to pocket me.

Wait, nobody was going to do that anyway. :neutral:

In post 370, Black wrote: I have not been able to read Aureal very well this game though. She seems to be playing more loose? than when we last played... I think is the best way to describe it. She seems less tense but I am not sure if this is AI or not

I am not a big fan of her where she implies she does not know for sure how the scum PT works. Aureal, how many games have you played scum here and do you have a scum game you could link me?

I feel like I shouldn't be very easy to read, particularly early on! :lol:

But I haven't rolled scum since 2006, maybe I will be if that ever happens, who the heck knows? I don't think those games are going to be very helpful in figuring anything out about me, though they could be interesting in other ways as a testament to how much games have changed since then. We didn't have PTs then; and no I'm not 100% sure how the scum PT here works, I'm assuming they have daytalk because that's the norm but now that I look at the game rules to actually confirm, it says nothing about how PTs work. So I'm still assuming daytalk but that's just an assumption; becuse hey, maybe ffery wanted to use an encryptor role or something- this is a theme game with possibly weird mechanics.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 382, Black wrote: I think? Either pocketing or buddying. I am not even really sure what the difference is tbh
Just different terms for the same thing so far as I know.
An almost 20 year dry spell on rolling scum? What the heck...
These things happen when you get a job and don't have time to play anymore and then 16 years later you realize you need something else to do and wonder if that Mafia site you used to hang out on is still around... :lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Aureal »

What exactly is "numerical parity with all other teams"? All others put together I would think? Not parity with both town and mafia separately?

And this neighborize former Borg thing doesn't actually add people to your faction?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

How does a survivor
faction
even work? Is this a thing that can actually happen? Does the whole faction win if one of them is alive at the end? How does numerical parity factor in then? Do they win early if there's say, 2 of them and 1 town and 1 mafia? I am so confused.
In post 441, Wavelength wrote:
In post 19, Wavelength wrote: I didn't get my first choice :rage:

VOTE: Rogue
two of my 3 choices were borg, and I did not get either of them

I'm so mad :rage:

Hmmmm. I guess that gives some additional credibility to this faction's existence.

HOW THE HELL MANY BORG CHARACTERS ARE THERE EVEN GEEZ
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 462, Wavelength wrote: I requested the borg queen and seven of nine, and got neither.

I would not be surprised if someone is out there that is Picard, and falls under a "borg / used to be borg" title. (I could even see this as the 3rd both in the borg faction that Hebi did not think was borg in flavor for what its worth)

But I don't think I could name a single other borg off the top of my head?

Yeah, Hugh is the only other one I can think of, and who the hell would pick Hugh the one-appearance character?

I blame all you people making Borg picks for this insanity.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 504, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: also I'm getting fuckin' turbo shot this game btw

so if anyone picked fucking Bones and wants to save my ass tonight I'd love that
For finding a 3p faction based on your personal history with them?

C'mon, we've got 10 days left before deadline, why are we trying to determine who is protect-worthy already, or at all?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

What if she's mafia who thought there was a 3P and that's why she went all-out on hebi? Wouldn't mafia want to figure out the 3P, maybe even moreso than town who's just clueless to its existence?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:38 pm

Post by Aureal »

Why would you think that?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 534, xyzzy wrote: fwiw, in response to GreyICE a post or two later, if someone asked me to coordinate RVS like that as scum, I'd probably be like "sure, whatever, let's do it," but I would never originate a plan like that on my own
Uhhhhhhh. That post. I came back here to muse about what Grey's "I'm probably a miller" claim meant in context of there being a 3P which LLD suspects he belongs to. And now you remind us of this post where he comments about the borg. My head is spinning.
for the record, I wasn't dodging the question so much as being dismissive of it. that being said, to me the function of RVS is to create tension that can be shaped into reads. voting in a way that creates tension pushes the game in the direction of having things actually happen. jumping on the hebichan wagon turns that wagon into a Thing The Game Is About, which in turn lets people generate reads.
So you just grab a random wagon, try to drive it up really high really fast, and hope nothing bad happens? Is this your normal playstyle?
don't love this! reads very youth pastor trying to be cool with the teens in a scummy way

Hey now! Scumread me if you want, but I draw the line at calling me a "youth pastor"! :evil:
I don't care for the "that was pocketing?" comment. on the one hand I'd be willing to believe that Aureal genuinely isn't sure whether daytalk is a default thing or how PTs work. on the other hand I still get such bad vibes from 359, and this doesn't really mitigate those.

Is it on the site somewhere that it's a default thing??? I'm not even sure where to look for that! It seems extremely common but my experience could be misdirecting me. Many games explicitly state that mafia can communicate at all times- it's required to be stated for Normal games according to the Encryptor wiki page, and I've only played Normals and Opens.

Why are we even arguing about this??
changed my mind from 406. this is town LLD
Are you saying that because you think she's right or wrong or just the way she says it?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 541, Rogue wrote: Aureal have you played recent games? Iirc you said you’ve been on site for a while

I played regularly for a year in 2005-2006 and came back in December. So yes, played some recent games and still struggling in some ways with the new meta.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 582, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 581, xyzzy wrote:
eliminating hebichan here as policy doesn't give us useful info for day 2. if we later have reason to believe hebichan is lying scum, we can circle back around to that. if we eliminate town on day 1, that's obviously bad, but it gives us a wealth of information that eliminating a claimed survivor does not. the drawback of going into day 2 with less to work with is far greater than the "at least we didn't lose a town player" moral victory, especially because it doesn't stop us from getting closer to a scum win.
Wanna claim?

Is that a threat to wagon xyzzy or another attempt to pin 3P factional membership to someone?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 584, xyzzy wrote: tbh I don't make anything of that post. I can definitely imagine someone just assuming the scum in this game are borg-flavored without any basis for that assumption other than it being an obvious idea.
That would mean they didn't pay much attention at all to the game design, which made it pretty clear that role flavor was assigned then alignment randomized. So we could have a scum team of the most heroic good guys ever.

Are you saying that because you think she's right or wrong or just the way she says it?
the latter.

Are you familiar with her and meta-reading that?

My scumreads are turning into townreads. *ponder*

VOTE: Porkens
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (isolation #35) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

DAMMIT ALISAE
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (isolation #36) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Aureal »

Not a fan of LLD's going from "found an unknown faction" to 'faction is definitely scum' when hebi's flip did nothing to change the information we had gotten from her. Also not a fan of her thinking a miller should trip a motion detector.

Not a fan of Grey thinking the possible unknown aspect of the role meant miller.

Still thinking about whether any of this is scummy or just infuriating.

I guess hebi's faction makes sense as mafia where only specific members can kill. And that's why she gets to inherit their power if they die. It's freaking weird though. Why did she claim all this crap that makes her faction look worse if they're actually the mafia faction? Why didn't she just leave it at being a survivor? I'm so confused still.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 803, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 802, Porkens wrote: Can someone explain to me why Hebi's partners wouldn't out if they can win with town?
they can't win with town did you read the wincon

I've spent too much time searching other games to look at how win conditions are written and I'm tired of it so I'm going to just choose to believe this for now. If there
was
another faction that was mafia and we eliminated them all, hebi's faction would possibly still need to kill off townies to win; say there were three town left and the assumed two Black Ops so they would have to get one of the townies killed somehow.

In post 805, Porkens wrote: VOTE: Aureal

many pings.

many pigs.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

BTW Grey, why did you claim on demand from LLD?

In post 763, Wavelength wrote: Thinking about how Hebis ability to know all of our secret lines would work, the only thing that really makes sense to me is a list of

This flavor= This secret

Unless it is something silly like, whoops we all have the same thing.

So, that role looks like a way for scum to "punishment" us for claiming flavor for no reason, so the claims that have happened today, probably should not have included flavor.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. What 'ability to know all of our secret lines'?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:44 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 811, Kokichi Oma wrote: This game has slowed down a bit. Anyone want to explain any reads?

Kokichi: obviously plays to intentionally be null doing obviously unhelpful things like asking others to do helpful things without doing so himself and thus will probably forever be null waiting for PoE to come for him
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (isolation #40) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Aureal »

Peng, how much attention are you paying to this game?

Wave, I still have no idea what you're getting at. Are you saying that you think hebi had more information on our possible secret role aspects than we do?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #41) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 828, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 826, Aureal wrote: Peng, how much attention are you paying to this game?

Wave, I still have no idea what you're getting at. Are you saying that you think hebi had more information on our possible secret role aspects than we do?
100% attention now. Not so much before today...my typical D1 strategy was foiled by scum claiming scum.

I notice you didn't answer my question though.
Yeah, the answer was in the post you quoted. Hence asking how much attention you're paying the game. Also because you apparently forgot that you were voting xyzzy D1 and decided to do it again as if it was something new.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:59 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 832, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 818, Aureal wrote:
In post 811, Kokichi Oma wrote: This game has slowed down a bit. Anyone want to explain any reads?

Kokichi: obviously plays to intentionally be null doing obviously unhelpful things like asking others to do helpful things without doing so himself and thus will probably forever be null waiting for PoE to come for him
how is this an answer to my question? playing to intentionally be null doesn't answer whether or not you find it scummy
I think it's reasonably clear from the end that null is null and I have little hope that Kokichi is going to do anything to change that.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 833, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 831, Aureal wrote: Also because you apparently forgot that you were voting xyzzy D1 and decided to do it again as if it was something new.
My D1 votes are almost always for wagons unless I find something to actually latch on to so the fact that I actually have something is new.

So what exactly is that 'something' you have?

Also, this is the second time you've accused me of not answering questions you asked me even though your questions were pretty easily seen as rhetorical/already answered. I noticed you asked Porkens a more substantial question D1 and he doesn't seem to have answered- are you going to follow up and accuse him of not answering your question?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 835, Kokichi Oma wrote: You mean how I called Black being obvious town right away and wanting hebichan hammered as being unhelpful? Right.

Right! You helped cut D1 needlessly short and now Black is dead because you didn't freaking want to talk anymore. Did you really think Alisae would drop her scumread because a couple people said "eh, she's town"? Pretty damn unhelpful.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (isolation #45) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Aureal »

Lol, I think 4 was pretty foreseeable. During night I certainly thought "gosh I hope Alisae isn't a vig because she's totally going to shoot Black I'd she is!"
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (isolation #46) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Aureal »

I'm trying to figure out your alignment. And others. Like Porkens, who also has not answered a question I asked him D1.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (isolation #47) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:03 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 360, Aureal wrote:
In post 301, Porkens wrote:
In post 55, Black wrote: VOTE: Rogue

Who let the dogs out?
protown willingness to pressure

So I gotta ask. What exactly is protown about this willingness to pressure?

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (isolation #48) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 848, Porkens wrote:
In post 846, Aureal wrote: So I gotta ask. What exactly is protown about this willingness to pressure?

On day one willingness to build pressure on a wagon I think, shows a town mindset as scum prefer to lurk and linger without commuting votes to the record.

So the second one, then.

I think that's a weird mindset and runs counter to what I usually experience. I'd just expect people throwing a bunch of votes on someone for no real reason to lead to arguments about why people want to put votes on someone for no real reason.

In post 851, Wavelength wrote: Aureal, did you think that Black was obviously town day 1?

Not obviously, I had reservations at first, but especially after Alisae started elaborating on her read I decided they were probably both town.

And I really
hoped
Data was town, too. Nobody wants a Mafia Data. :(
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (isolation #49) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:34 pm

Post by Aureal »

The oink-oink who's voting me and thinks wagon pressure is good is complaining about it being scummy for someone else to vote me? Does anyone understand this train of thought?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (isolation #50) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by Aureal »

Wave: why do you have LLD topping your list as Town?

Peng: I guess I'll be the one to ask then, why DID you vote Wave?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #51) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yes, I don't disagree that catching out hebi was towny. But towny enough to just get classified as town straight up? Even she said that she should be expected to continue catching scum, and right now she's not pushing anything.

How do you feel about Grey's shifting position on LLD? He went from thinking she'd be town if hebi was scum, to worrying that it was a soft bus, to apparently figuring she was towny enough to claim upon demand to (still waiting for an answer to my question about that), to deciding that she's scum for asking for the claim.

... I'm trying to remember why I kinda ended up town leaning him when I last pondered this because reviewing his ISO just makes me hate it all again. :?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 878, Wavelength wrote: Like 581 did not work to stop Hebi's elim, it was never going to work to stop Hebi's elim, and actually all it did was give a reason for people to point and say "Look over there! xyzzy tried to save scum Hebi"

And I feel like xyzzy partnered with Hebi realizes this.

So that leads me to conclude this was his actual process of trying to work through a survivor claim.

Definitely agree with this. I liked xyzzy's willingness to put their own thoughts out there on how to process things even though it risked making them a target because omghebiobvscumkillnow!!

In post 897, Wavelength wrote: I think that the reasons to think that LLD is not a member of the Black Ops, so far are greater then the reasons to think anyone else is town in this game. So yeah, she gets to live in her own little tier above the rest.

Fair. I still have reservations. Like I still really did not care for the way she tried to direct protectives to her, it felt like an assertion of authority rather than actually trying to convince people- if I'm a protective there I'm not convinced to protect her. And all the jockeying with Grey leaves me feeling weird, like they're both working together, which of course they are given their relationship, and it's hard to tell where that ends and possible in-game-relationship could begin.
How do you feel about Grey's shifting position on LLD?
I didn't like it.

Seeing as you've explained what Grey was probably doing in claiming, does it not feel reasonable for him to be upset that she demanded a claim because she got a negative on a motion detector? An unaware miller in a closed setup who triggers a motion detector despite not having a night action sounds pretty bastard setup and this isn't one.

Also, why did you think Grey would need time to fake the title part of his role name if scum? Only the affiliation at the end would be different, the middle part is clearly just a descriptor of the character.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #53) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 899, Porkens wrote: I’m not feeling wave scum at all.

Wow, what a difference a day makes. Really, your entire basis for scumreading Wave was thinking he had a couple more votes on him than he actually did and thus he shouldn't be allowed to vote your scumread? :lol:
On the other hand, we should wagon Aureal.

Didn't you say like three days ago that you were going to explain that idea 'tomorrow'? I think Wave just might be right about what you're doing.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (isolation #54) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 900, xyzzy wrote: I'm on the record saying I'm leaning town for LLD, but I don't think scum reading her is evidence of Aureal scum. I'm gonna take some time later on to reread Aureal, because I don't have much of a read right now, but that piece of info alone isn't enough to sway me.

also, page top

I'm not scumreading LLD. I'm... I guess townleaning her, but with some big frustrations and I want to make sure she just isn't getting a free pass to lead a scum win. I don't want people to stop paying attention to what she's doing. I'm aware of her reputation for being very good at scum.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (isolation #55) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 915, Wavelength wrote: I can actually respond to this now, because the other game just ended.

LLD and I were in another game, that had a miller, and they died before this game started, and it was worded as such:
In post 1307, SirCakez wrote: you will appear as mafia to any investigations and as visiting anyone who dies each night.
So no, I don't think that her being in the mindset that a miller might show up to a motion detector is too odd.

Oh geez, that game, lol. I didn't look back at the earlier game to see that stuff but I did run across it while trying to research the parity win condition and got way too distracted reading your clash with Pink Ball. I probably would've fallen for his claim but looks like you were the Mafia there and thus had a bit of a different perspective, eh? So maybe I should be be a little wary of you after all. :igmeou:

I think there's still a pretty big difference between that role which clearly states how it is shown to night actions, and this idea of a hidden miller who trips not just standard investigations but things like motion detector as well. According to the wiki on Miller, an unaware Miller in a closed setup could be considered bastardly, and this would be even worse.

LLD, why did you choose Grey as your night action target?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #56) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:42 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 916, Wavelength wrote:
If scum, he would first have to figure out why I am even asking him, and then make up an appropriate response. So I would expect a delay.

But a delay can also mean "walked away from computer." So a very quick response would be town indicative, a slow response does not mean a lot.

Yes but as LLD pointed out earlier, he shouldn't have to make up anything, unless he was totally fibbing about which character he was I guess but why would he do that? Hebi also had a flavor description in the middle. I expect he's got that vorta thing as his flavor regardless of whether it's followed by Temporal Alliance or something else. They're not all going to be Borg Liasons, that's got to be specific to Seven.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 921, Wavelength wrote:
In post 919, Aureal wrote: this idea of a hidden miller who trips not just standard investigations but things like motion detector as well
I do not believe that there is a single player who thinks that this is a thing that exists in this game, and I do not know why you are even debating it tbh

Because LLD thought it was a thing that could exist. Which you agreed was reasonable.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:59 am

Post by Aureal »

Also because as Porkens alluded just now, hardly anyone is doing anything so you're kinda stuck with whatever dumb shit is going through my head until the other two thirds of the players decide to wake up. Is everyone just waiting for LLD to do something?! This is not a healthy game state.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (isolation #59) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Aureal »

Grey did not claim miller though. He said he thought he probably was. Meaning trying to outguess the mod, not something he was actually told in his role. Given that uncertainty, him not tripping a motion detector would make me think the most likely scenario was that he guessed wrong about being a Miller, or that Miller was actually functioning as it should rather than turning it into something that trips other roles up too. Yet LLD immediately wanted a full claim rather than trying to sort those possibilities.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (isolation #60) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Aureal »

Asking "Grey I need you to explain exactly why you think you're a Miller" instead is anti town? Yeah, I need you to explain that one please.

I am seriously starting to consider making an alt because I'm really starting to feel like people see that join date and expect me to be really experienced instead of someone who's basically just been playing for three months. :?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (isolation #61) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:27 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 929, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Seriously. Genuinely.

Think about what you're asking me to do and whether it EVER works.

"Grey why do you think you're a Miller?"
"This Strange New Worlds thing in my PM says there could be stuff I don't know about my role."
"Lolwut did you even read the sample PM?!"
"Nope!"

Seems like it works to me, and doesn't put people's role info out there. So a better world than we're in now, right?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (isolation #62) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 931, Wavelength wrote: Don't think that scum!LLD comes in demanding a full claim from a psuedo miller claim at the start of day 2, which inherently forces her to also commit to a claim at start of day 2

What if she wants to put a roleclaim out there? Now if she's still alive later on she can say it's because her role is so weak scum don't have incentive to kill her. "My role might do anything and I don't know what until I use it" is not exactly a role that screams town and hard to fake.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #63) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 936, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 932, Aureal wrote: Asking "Grey I need you to explain exactly why you think you're a Miller" instead is anti town? Yeah, I need you to explain that one please.

I am seriously starting to consider making an alt because I'm really starting to feel like people see that join date and expect me to be really experienced instead of someone who's basically just been playing for three months. :?
It's wrong to do because it tells me nothing about why he shows up blank on my Motion Detect.

There's a lot of different things people expect when told to open claim. Motion Detector isn't one of them.
Tracker much more likely, or cop.

So it's possible to hit a role that overlaps weird and so we got what I believe is a true claim from a miller claim that I had 0 reason to believe was misunderstood. I know GreyICE. In my mind it was always either true or scum fake claiming.

You know him well enough to decide that he must be 100% correct on his miller guess because he's just that savvy? But when he says he didn't read the sample role you also think that's somewhat in character? :?

And again we're back to my question of why did you target Grey if you think he's a Miller? You don't know what your action is going to do, so what possible useful actions could you get from targeting him? I can think of a lot that would be useless, not so much the other way around.
In post 937, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 935, Aureal wrote:
In post 931, Wavelength wrote: Don't think that scum!LLD comes in demanding a full claim from a psuedo miller claim at the start of day 2, which inherently forces her to also commit to a claim at start of day 2

What if she wants to put a roleclaim out there? Now if she's still alive later on she can say it's because her role is so weak scum don't have incentive to kill her. "My role might do anything and I don't know what until I use it" is not exactly a role that screams town and hard to fake.
why are you having this discussion instead of trying to find scum?
OK, good to know that nobody is supposed to try to figure out how much you can be trusted.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (isolation #64) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 930, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: The wagon on Xyzzy isn't pure, neither is the wagon on Black, and neither is the wagon on Hebi.
What does that even mean? Those wagons are literally everyone except Kokichi and Kawaii. Are you trying to say those two ARE 'pure' because I'm gonna have to disagree with that. They're doing bupkis and I'm not happy about that.
I think we should probably look to kill Rogue today, maybe Xyzzy, maybe Aureal.
I was toying with the idea of moving my vote a few hours ago and considered Rogue since they've faded out, but I reviewed their iso and it was okay enough, they were making some good points. I'm definitely not voting for xyzzy, they and Wave are my top townreads.
And take CLOSE LOOKS at GreyICE and PP in coming days.

I'm still very mixed on Grey. You two are driving me crazy trying to figure out. PP I would easily vote here.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (isolation #65) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 943, Wavelength wrote:
In post 939, Aureal wrote: OK, good to know that nobody is supposed to try to figure out how much you can be trusted.
You spent a lot of time in the last few pages discussing whether LLD deserved to be in the "town" or the "lean town" tier. Like that was the question, directed at my reads list, that started off the discussion. Focusing on the minutia of strength of a town read does look like you are more focused on just being part of active discussions then trying to find scum.

You have not even been arguing that LLD is scum for doing it, so I am also not sure why you are so focused on it.

Yes, yes I
am
trying to get some active discussion going! We weren't really having any! There's more people left alive in this game than any other game I've played has STARTED with and still it's been dead quiet the last few days. I think this is a side effect of day one getting cut so short- we had nothing much else to talk about now. I did not want the day to end so fast and did what I could to avoid it. So you get stuck with whatever I'm thinking about until someone comes up with something else to talk about. I think sorting LLD is pretty damn important- she's obviously quite a presence, so I'm going to be rather concerned about figuring her out.

In post 944, Wavelength wrote:
In post 940, Aureal wrote: PP I would easily vote here.
So PP is your second strongest scum read?

Want to talk about that read? I don't see much on them from a quick search of your iso

Yeah, because there isn't much that he's done. I asked him why he voted you, and I'm still waiting for an answer. I was thinking the same thing as xyzzy about how PP has not really done anything and then he made that vote and the only reason I'm coming up with for it doesn't reflect too well on him. So maybe he'll come up with something else as reasoning, but until that happens he's in the sorta scummy category like Porkens. Kokichi is nearing that point too from sheer lack of doing anything- I said he's probably going to be null for quite a while but then he promptly started acting like he actually should be considered towny for ending the day quickly and I sure didn't care for that.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (isolation #66) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

So if we're analyzing vote counts, can I ask why those vote counts specifically? They seem pretty random middle of the day choices to me. Why those but not the day end?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (isolation #67) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 960, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 930, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: The wagon on Xyzzy isn't pure, neither is the wagon on Black, and neither is the wagon on Hebi.

I think we should probably look to kill Rogue today, maybe Xyzzy, maybe Aureal.
You feel scum was within these pushes?
I wanted to vote Aureal yesterday, what did I miss since last posting?

Everyone got turned into a Borg- read everything in the last dozen pages to find the access code to the private chat.

Also, why did you vote me?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #68) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

Theory:

Scum killed Frogs to set Black up as today's suspect. Since Black died too their plan went kaput and now they're just blending in with lurkers waiting for a new plan to form.

UNVOTE: ,VOTE: Kokichi
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #69) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by Aureal »

Okay, thanks? Uh, you realize hebi was scum, right? She didn't have actual scumreads.

Kokichi hasn't done anything useful, helped end day one quite early (which I blame as a factor in this anemic day two), and acted like he wanted to get townread for helping cut the day's discussion off. That last one in particular really kinda pinged me.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (isolation #70) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, like I said, the game's been anemic. So if he is scum there's no need to try to change that.

Poor ffery, thinking she needed to inform us that she'd be busy for 12 hours. As if people were gonna go hammer someone in that time.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (isolation #71) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Aureal »

So you actually haven't read any stuff from day two? Or did you do that since?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (isolation #72) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

I think a lot of people are waiting to see what LLD is going to do. She's been pretty directionless today.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (isolation #73) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

Happy birthday!

Grey literally just didn't read the sample role PM and thought the Strange New Worlds line that all town have meant he was a Miller because his character isn't Federation.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (isolation #74) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 977, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 963, Aureal wrote: Theory:

Scum killed Frogs to set Black up as today's suspect. Since Black died too their plan went kaput and now they're just blending in with lurkers waiting for a new plan to form.

UNVOTE: ,VOTE: Kokichi
Not sure why I would be your vote then if you really think this is the case. Black was my #1 town and was not changing

Surely all the scum wouldn't be trying to do the same thing, right? Especially if there were townies they'd expect to do their dirty work for them. Rogue and Wave seemed like they'd be pretty likely to keep after Black and drum up some arguments as town. Or I could envision a Kokichi/Rogue team.

Why were you so certain Black was town? Being that confident that early is weird.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (isolation #75) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:55 am

Post by Aureal »

Can you elaborate on why you think Rogue is scummy? They're possibly my most null slot- they had plenty of posts earlier but I don't really remember them making much of an impression. Which I guess could be what you consider scummy.

They're sitting in my "eh, there's townier slots but also better places to vote" area. So can you give anything to move me out of there?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (isolation #76) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 999, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 998, Aureal wrote: Can you elaborate on why you think Rogue is scummy? They're possibly my most null slot- they had plenty of posts earlier but I don't really remember them making much of an impression. Which I guess could be what you consider scummy.

They're sitting in my "eh, there's townier slots but also better places to vote" area. So can you give anything to move me out of there?
Well the other option for today is you so.

Is that a motivation?

Of course not. That just makes me mistrust you even more.

They're scum. Their vote placement is scummy, their Early Day 1 is scummy they fit the profile for a missing piece I'd been looking for in a Hebi team.

And I have a gut feeling they're scum.

You're not going to get a wall post out of me.

Then you're not going to get a vote out of me just now.

I guess you're just not going to answer my question about why you targeted Grey, either.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #77) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1005, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Don't need your vote. Don't want your vote. Don't expect your vote.

I don't actually give a fuck if you trust me or not.

I think, personally, you are unaware of where you stand. I think you have self agrandized yourself and overinflated your importance and ability to stop me doing what I want to do.

No, I'm totally aware of where I stand. You're probably going to get Rogue eliminated because everyone here is going to just go along with you with little question. And nobody, especially you, is going to think better of me for questioning the CHOO CHOO TRAIN JUST BECAUSE LLD SAYS. And I even if Rogue flips town you'll probably go "oh well I guess that means it's Aureal" and still they'll follow you and come after me too.

Interestingly, yesterday I killed Hebi saying about as much as I have said in that post about why I scumread her. You didn't get in the way of that one, so why now?

So wait, you're
not
thinking I'm scummy because I supposedly got in the way of eliminating hebi? Why are you threatening to come after me, then?

Yeah, you're not gonna answer, I know.

Do you feel the game slipping away, perhaps?

Personally, a lot of my motivation to play was killed along with Black.

But hey, I've still been trying to have a go of it.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (isolation #78) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by Aureal »

At the beep, it will have been five full days since PenguinPower posted here.

B
E
E
E
E
E
P

Let's see if he's immune to votes as well as prods.

VOTE: PenguinPower
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (isolation #79) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1012, Wavelength wrote: And I did iso reads of everyone, and sorted everyone by "How partnered / not partnered with Hebi do they" and got zero comments and feed back from you. And given your response to my posts about xyzzy and porkens, is lowkey felt like you had not read any of my posts at all

Lowkey? I don't think there's anything lowkey about it, she pretty clearly does not care about your posts. :lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (isolation #80) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Aureal »

OK, thanks for the answer. Fair enough reason, so I'll go back to VOTE: Kokichi.

I don't think Wave is scum though. Nobody ever offered any input when I mused about why hebi pretty much true claimed even though she could've just said 3p survivor and gotten less suspicion. So it feels like the scum intent was to make us more likely to think it's mutiball due to the lack of killing power referenced in the role PM. And Wave has pretty much put the last nail in that idea.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (isolation #81) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1053, Kokichi Oma wrote: Why am I scum again?

Back atcha. :P
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (isolation #82) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Aureal »

You were an hour ago!

...is this some sort of sneaky gambit to try to make me think I have to move my vote because you did? *ponders* :shifty:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (isolation #83) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by Aureal »

So is GreyICE the colorless hyphens at the bottom of that list? I guess it's fitting.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (isolation #84) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1107, xyzzy wrote:
In post 1065, Rogue wrote: We’re reboot ahura, we send someone a communications device twice a game and can send them messages throughout the next day and night cycle.

If they’re also from the reboots we get a neighborhood.

I wanted to target LLD and spend the day sending her WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER. Mala said she was going to die. We couldn’t agree on anyone else.

We thought maybe frogs would be from the reboots but we could t think of whoever else would be from them

But this all just a meticulously thought out fakeclaim so please kill me now that it’s out
so this is functionally very similar to hebichan's role, but on a slightly different vector. I'd love to know if anyone else has a role that's functionally identical to this (target a player, get a neighborhood if they have a particular flavor trait).

can you clarify what exactly counts as a reboot for the purpose of your role? which shows and/or movies?

Yes, hi. Take a wild guess who I could've had a neighborhood with.

:evil:

At least I got a hint who to target, though. Having one reboot specific character is odd, but multiple? Hm.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (isolation #85) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:50 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1103, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1077, Aureal wrote: You were an hour ago!

...is this some sort of sneaky gambit to try to make me think I have to move my vote because you did? *ponders* :shifty:
So are you going to answer or....?

Wait, you actually expect me to give more reasons to vote you when I already gave some to suspect you and you've given none for your suspicion of me?? Wtf is this game? Why am I the only one expected to play like a sane person? :roll:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (isolation #86) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:51 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1120, Wavelength wrote: I hate that the alternate wagon is xyzzy, and would much rather it be like dueling Rogue and Aureal wagons or something

Yeah, I also hate that LLD's pet wagon is threatening to derail onto one of my top townreads even though she said she didn't need my help with it!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (isolation #87) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Aureal »

Oh I'm not going to stay off if it actually comes down to it but I was looking forward to petulantly seeing if it actually does need my help or not.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (isolation #88) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Aureal »

Great, then why are you threatening me some more? Go get your other votes that you need still.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (isolation #89) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:30 am

Post by Aureal »

Wave giving a good argument to vote Rogue and promptly adding to the threats on me to make me look worse if I actually do. Gj man. :(
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (isolation #90) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:31 am

Post by Aureal »

And stop misgendering poor xyzzy ffs
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (isolation #91) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:38 am

Post by Aureal »

I wanted to be able to hammer.

VOTE: Rogue

*sullen*
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (isolation #92) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Aureal »

See what I mean? :roll: Just pointing out the position you put me in, a bit needlessly.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (isolation #93) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Aureal »

Oh my, there's actually Pulaski memes? Well now I demand a Tasha vote count! :lol:

I agree, this wagon is pretty obvtown, with the possible exception of LLD.

And it's pretty clear at this point it's not multi ball. I dunno why LLD brought that possibility up again just now.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (isolation #94) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Aureal »

Staunchly... Following?

That was you, up until she decided to target you.

Like, you don't even need to have read more than about the last page to see how silly that statement is.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (isolation #95) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Aureal »

Well I'm apparently scum if I don't vote you and scum if I do vote you, despite my town PM. So I know how that goes. I place the blame for this on her. So I can hope she's right but she won't give any reasoning for it so all I can really do is shrug and watch to see how it goes.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (isolation #96) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1161, Wavelength wrote:
In post 1159, Aureal wrote: Well I'm apparently scum if I don't vote you and scum if I do vote you,
Aureal is so focused on her thread position this game

VOTE: Aureal

I will be around if my vote is needed to move before deadline, but I believe in this the most.

And why would I not be? Voting town out doesn't help town.

This happens to me literally every time I set foot outside the newbie queue. It's getting old. And particularly infuriating when people don't even have any reasons for it.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #97) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:28 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1173, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1160, Rogue wrote: LLD’s locked in her tunnel, there’s not any swaying her.

Only snark.

But that’s fine by me.
you know this only makes me want to kill you more right

that i'm not actually locked in a tunnel and was considering flipping onto Aureal but you're literally jebaiting me rn

I haven't snarked at you enough yet to make you vote me?

I feel like I've failed somehow. :neutral:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (isolation #98) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Aureal »

If Rogue is actually scum LLD can be town. But should still
behave herself
and not throw wild stoner celebratory parties for getting two scum in a row or something. :P
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (isolation #99) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Aureal »

Well, I retract my last remark. Maybe LLD does need to have a stoner party, it seemed to help with catching hebi. :lol:

In post 1226, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: So I was roleblocked last night and my night action was refunded.

Does anyone want to claim that?

Is there some reason to out roles like th- why am I bothering, you aren't going to answer.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #100) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1228, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: If someone claims they roleblocked me they can be interogated about it.
I don't see much potential value to town in this 'interrogation', let alone enough that would outweigh making them a much more attractive NK target as someone who can potentially block their kill. I'm envisioning how that goes:

"Why block me?"
"Because I thought you could be scum and would likely make the NK if so."
?????
If NO one claims it, scum did it and it proves me town.
Lolwut is this logic

You could just be lying about getting blocked. Getting blocked isn't likely something we can confirm.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (isolation #101) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Aureal »

You really have a problem with people who don't just blindly sheep you, huh? Is it really that uncommon? You're a renowned player, you must surely get people being paranoid of you all the time. Can you really be that frustrated by a hapless inexperienced player whom you admit you're going out of your way to be a bitch to?

Maybe you're just mad that I punctured your role fishing before it even did anything.

Pedit:
In post 1235, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I've been trying to be patient with you, you've been making this game unpleasant for me, I'm kind of done with it.
Well that's just an out and out lie. You specifically said you're trying to frustrate me and have worked hard to make me unable to work with you. So obviously when you refuse to engage with me, you get snark instead of reasonable conversation.

Fwiw I did actually tone down the snark in my response there from my initial inclination, since I appreciated finally getting something like an answer. I just thought the answer was pretty obviously scummy. And I kind of expect more from you.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (isolation #102) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Aureal »

On another note, we now know the Black counter wagon was pretty much town powered. I think that supports my theory on why Frogs got killed.

VOTE: Kokichi

This guy really needs to get pressured more.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (isolation #103) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Aureal »

Thank you. I'm seriously trending in that direction too. Can anyone who's familiar with LLD offer thoughts on whether she'll AtE like the above rant at me?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (isolation #104) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Aureal »

Grey day two:
In post 739, GreyICE wrote:
In post 697, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Nah, I'm a town JOAT actually. I'll full role claim too, here.

I'm Dax, not any specific one, the Dax Trill Symbiont.

I can access one of my past lives at night, I don't know what the ability does until I choose it, then I get to pick the target.

Last night I picked Jadzia, and it was motion detector.
Yay JOAT it's the most scum of the fakeclaims.

Wee.

Well I guess it's better than "I'm literally not town guys"

How about some more votes on LLD people? I think 6 will do nicely.
Grey day three:
In post 1247, GreyICE wrote: And this is actually for the day 3 behavior before he comes in here and goes "oh my GreyICE hasn't caught up, he's still on me oh woe is me".

You really think LLD played a game with her roommate and one of her best friends for the first time in probably years and they both rolled scum and what they did is "Oh yes, I'm gonna throw you under a bus day 1." Like what about Hebi's day 1 play says that was what was happening? What about LLD's day 1 play says that was what was happening. That was clearly an "I know you too well, I know what you rolled, dammit."

Now you, you're not trying to determine people's alignments. Not then, not now. You're pushing things you think you can push.

Shoot her if you want her dead.

The dynamics here are confounding. Can it be that the three of them all rolled scum? We might need to check ffery's randomizer. @_@

VOTE: GreyICE
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (isolation #105) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1248, Porkens wrote: Aureal intentionally tilting LLD is :shifty:

If that's what you think is going on here, you're being an idiot.

^^^^

See? Intentional tilting. Responding to LLD treating me like trash is just fighting fire with fire. I punch up, not down.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (isolation #106) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by Aureal »

Good to see you never change. "Ooooh let's go after the limbait for no real reason." Guess you didn't want to respond to the argument about GreyICE!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (isolation #107) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1257, Kokichi Oma wrote: I'm kinda concerned about the borg situation. I'll read over stuff tomorrow.

*sigh*

And what borg situation might that be?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (isolation #108) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

I have turned that response around in my head so many times and I'm still no closer to figuring out what is going on with you.

Did you send Star Trek character picks in for this game? Did you read how the game gets set up?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (isolation #109) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:22 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1265, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1262, Aureal wrote: I have turned that response around in my head so many times and I'm still no closer to figuring out what is going on with you.

Did you send Star Trek character picks in for this game? Did you read how the game gets set up?
I've never watched star trek and I didn't read any setup things, I never do. Learning the setup while playing is part of the fun

So that's a no, you didn't send in character picks for a uPick game? :?

You've played a uPick before, I know, though I guess maybe you didn't pick anything there either since you literally got the Danganronpa character (?) you're portraying with your account.

I guess it is plausible though baffling. I know I wasn't entirely sure beforehand if the character picks were for yourself or just a role to potentially go into the game, even the uPick wiki didn't specifically state that.

But seriously man, it's been mentioned several times that scum team isn't Borg and if you paid attention to that or the basics of setup you should know that already. It's a uPick, people get a character they picked. It'd be crazy unlikely for just exactly the people who picked Borg characters to roll scum.

So please snap out of that thought and maybe comment on GreyICE who seems pretty clearly to have had a major slip in perspective here like I pointed out in 1249? It's very frustrating that apparently everyone decided to vanish after seeing that.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (isolation #110) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Aureal »

Dear lord, Kokichi, why is getting any sort of information or opinion out of you like pulling teeth? I know it's hard to muster any effort for this game but I gave you a nice simple prompt to respond to right there. It wouldn't take reading up or anything. I'd seriously be tempted to vote you again here but I'm pretty sold that Grey is scum and Porkens or LLD seem like more likely partners.

Same for everyone else, what we all doing here? I can go back through more of Grey's stuff to see if I can make more of a case but the sheer apathy being shown tells me that's just a waste of effort.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (isolation #111) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:19 am

Post by Aureal »

Hello! Yes, Grey's slot is scum and everyone is too apathetic to look like one page back at my showing why.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (isolation #112) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Aureal »

Hey petapan when you get the chance can you answer this question for me? If you had night actions in this game and their effect was not revealed to you before you chose which to use, would you ever target the person who partway through day one said "oh by the way I just realized I'm probably a Miller" and if so, why?

Also, I think I might have seen somewhere that you're also catboi?

In post 1288, petapan wrote:
In post 516, Aureal wrote: What if she's mafia who thought there was a 3P and that's why she went all-out on hebi? Wouldn't mafia want to figure out the 3P, maybe even moreso than town who's just clueless to its existence?
this is

probably not a post scum makes particularly about someone who is burying their partner

caveat being that someone who hasn't rolled scum in 17 years could have a very different meta wrt my expectations for how scum generally play

but it's just a very out there post

I really don't see what's out there about the idea that scum in mutiball are going to want to at least start off by scumhunting the other team. But I do seem to get that reaction a lot. :?

I'm not really even sure what you mean by burying their partner, even... I was talking about LLD there wasn't I? I grow ever more suspicious that she is a hebi partner but you aren't on that boat.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (isolation #113) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1298, petapan wrote:
In post 706, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 705, Rogue wrote: Wait I thought miller was exclusively cop results and the others had corresponding names (gravedigger)

Is this a new thing?
I don't know but I specifically remember a game with a miller who returned guilty track results within the past few months.

and given someone claimed MILLER and that's a claim that has to die at some point, I figured checking it and getting ZERO RESULTS, either targetting or being targetted by was suspicious and also didn't make sense for a miller.

Why are you okay with his Miller claim being "oh that line of text in every role pm of town that is "there is a mechanic that is not known" and he goes "oh that makes me miller, miller claim"

or the self-revival claim
this is like

completely illogical for she'd approach a partner day 2 if she'd hellbussed one on day 1 especially when most of the game was willing to give GI a free pass

Well she's now trying to say he's definitely town because of it, so. Uh. IDK about that.

Also good to see you again, dw I would never hold reads against someone, lol. Unless they were a total asshole about them maybe.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (isolation #114) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Aureal »

I'll vote Porkens but can you explain why you don't think it's Grey despite the awful perspective slip from "kill LLD" on day two to "LLD day one actions make her obvtown" on day three?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (isolation #115) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Aureal »

Yeah normally I would think he could've just changed his mind. But if you're scumreading and voting someone because it's just sooooooo obvious LLD isn't partners with hebi then he shouldn't have gotten into that scrap with her on day two.

... but I guess that could be expecting people to be a lot more reasonable than they actually are. And Grey certainly doesn't strike me as the reasonable type. :neutral:

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (isolation #116) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:31 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1341, Mislim Bait wrote: uh we are playing a multiball?
where is everyone someone talk to me

Unlikely. Probably the mod just didn't make note of the Mafia nightkill in the Black Ops role PM- Wavelength brought up another ffery game where that was the case so that seems the most reasonable explanation. There's only been one nightkill both nights so no evidence of a third party faction.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (isolation #117) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:38 am

Post by Aureal »

Inventor?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (isolation #118) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:52 am

Post by Aureal »

Oh yeah, forgot hebi said that. Doubt anyone is going to claim to be such a thing now since that would just make them look like part of her team! And nobody has said anything about receiving an invention.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (isolation #119) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Aureal »

So I just realized that I probably pretty much absorbed hebi's arguments about Porkens as serious arguments without even thinking about their source. So, uh, thanks hebi?

I'm Really Good At This, Guys

>_>

In post 1383, petapan wrote:
In post 1376, Kokichi Oma wrote: LLD why should we vote Pork and not Aureal?
i mean i have made some arguments about aureal if you'd like to talk to me or recognize my existence

I'm sorry you are becoming a part of my world. :(
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (isolation #120) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:39 am

Post by Aureal »

Well, that kill feels like scum has basically given up and just decided to revenge kill the person who messed their game up now that she finally got talked back into going a better direction afterwards.

I don't think it's likely to be xyzzy. My money's still here: VOTE: Kokichi Oma

Also STOP MISGENDERING XYZZY :mad:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (isolation #121) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Aureal »

I think hebi was pretty clearly going down not too long after LLD latched onto her. Rogue was obviously going to go there eventually, I probably would've gone back once things settled down more instead of going top speed let's end this day in 72 hours mode, and probably more.

Koki has basically done nothing, fits the profile of scum who's over this game that Porkens implied. His continued bringing up the Borg is really weird like he's trying to misdirect.

Dunno about Penguin, we haven't talked much about him, but definitely less likely imo than Kokichi.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (isolation #122) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:10 am

Post by Aureal »

Well, I'm confused.

That's the entirety of your role then, you have no actions?

I wonder if that Borg Queen ultimate personal weapon goes through this death protection...
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (isolation #123) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Aureal »

Okay, I'm back to LLD using motion detector on a claimed Miller. We now see that she knew what the ability was before choosing a target, it wasn't unknown like we thought. Is this the normal expectation for what to do with a Miller claim, use an investigative action on it??
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (isolation #124) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Aureal »

I did read it, it's quite clear that the order is
1) choose host
2) find out what it does
3) choose target
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (isolation #125) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Aureal »

What I'm getting at is that if it's normal for someone to go investigate a claimed Miller it could be a ploy to get cleared since they had that Borg queen ability to cloak. But I guess it's just for motion based actions, not cop checks, now that I look back at it. So I'm friggin confused.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (isolation #126) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Aureal »

Maybe that makes more sense as a ploy though, if they figured that ability meant there was a motion detector to bait out?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (isolation #127) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Aureal »

Well this is a plan that they could've started hatching even before the game started. See the cloaking ability, realize there's probably some motion based investigative, try to do something to draw their attention while cloaked.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (isolation #128) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1505, petapan wrote: I think greyice's slot is 99.9% town given there is confirmed to be a scum roleblocker in the game

I don't follow. Because you think both of them are the bulletproof thing they claimed, not a roleblocker? Do you not think it's at all likely that there would be two 1x bulletproof townies? I find it hard to believe.

I'm more inclined to think that xyzzy was onto something with scum being informed of the bulletproof Miller, yet that doesn't mean Grey/MB actually has that role, he could be the roleblocker. They have a one shot unstoppable, figuring out who they would need to be using it to kill would be something they'd want to do. The bulletproof probably wouldn't be outright counterclaimed but it would likely make the townie who has it suspicious and nosy about it, like xyzzy was, giving them an indication who has the role.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (isolation #129) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Aureal »

Like, if you agree that there shouldn't be two bulletproof town millers I think this is 95% solved, no need to research Penguin or anything. Let me know if you agree on that point and I'll tell you why it's solved.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (isolation #130) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

@mod: I'm voting Kokichi.

Hmmmm.

Alright then, I do kinda believe the treestump thing given the way Grey worded it. I'm not
entirely
convinced this slot is clear, but it seems unlikely that MB plays the way they do, TRing me and bussing Porkens, if they're the last Black Ops.

So, here's my info. I'm the Chief of Security, Tasha Yar. I put xyzzy in the brig last night. So it's pretty unlikely xyzzy made that nightkill. Unless we think they used the Unstoppable shot from the Borg Queen on LLD for some reason when they think they'd need it to kill MB, or there's someone else out there who made that kill, xyzzy should be clear.

So can we just vote Kokichi already? He's clearly not at all interested in playing this- odds are it's just because he's scum who's checked out of a game they feel is unwinnable. Even if this is town, we can't take this complete and utter apathy to a potential final four.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1535 (isolation #131) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Aureal »

Nothing else that matters in any way, unfortunately.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (isolation #132) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Aureal »

Hmm, I'm a little concerned about MB's questions, feels like maybe trying to figure out if they need to kill me tonight instead of you. Do you want me to answer them, peta? I assure you that I can see no useful protown information in the answers but I'll answer if you want.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (isolation #133) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Aureal »

Well, the why target xyzzy I can answer, should be pretty obvious it was for the info to clear or confirm them.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (isolation #134) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:15 am

Post by Aureal »

Not when everyone else is scumreading xyzzy. It was clear that's where the attention was going to focus next. I'm not THAT confident in my reads.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (isolation #135) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1556, petapan wrote:
In post 1548, Aureal wrote: Hmm, I'm a little concerned about MB's questions, feels like maybe trying to figure out if they need to kill me tonight instead of you. Do you want me to answer them, peta? I assure you that I can see no useful protown information in the answers but I'll answer if you want.
uh i think your targets on previous nights are absolutely relevant

and i don't see any real chance of the greyice slot being scum especially with the mechanical info

Ok. Targeted Black night one obviously, and nobody night two.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (isolation #136) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1560, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1538, petapan wrote:
In post 1536, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1531, Mislim Bait wrote: auriel who did you target the previous nights?

@Kokichi
@Penguin
@petapan
We need your fullclaims
i don't have any night actions
what is your role then?
I'll be revealed in 1 real life day from now. No need to worry. Question is who do you think is scum and why

Please say this is some sort of time delayed dayvig on me so I can stop having to tolerate your incredibly anti town behavior. Please.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (isolation #137) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:30 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1563, petapan wrote: lol
lol but really ugh

I'm really not kidding. If even you are somehow entertaining the idea that the scum team saw one of their members go down day one and decided to spend the rest of the game bickering and trying to bus each other, I don't really have anything else to say. We've got two eliminations left and you're sure it's not MB (for reasons I still don't understand) or xyzzy and you're obvtown so that means it's got to be Koki or Penguin. So if someone can just vig me since we're on evens that saves wasting a lim on me. Of course, vigging the actual scum would be better but hey, I have very low expectations at this point. Black and I can be wrongly-vigged buddies in the dead thread since we couldn't be neighbor-buddies.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (isolation #138) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1565, Mislim Bait wrote:
In post 1558, Aureal wrote:
In post 1556, petapan wrote:
In post 1548, Aureal wrote: Hmm, I'm a little concerned about MB's questions, feels like maybe trying to figure out if they need to kill me tonight instead of you. Do you want me to answer them, peta? I assure you that I can see no useful protown information in the answers but I'll answer if you want.
uh i think your targets on previous nights are absolutely relevant

and i don't see any real chance of the greyice slot being scum especially with the mechanical info

Ok. Targeted Black night one obviously, and nobody night two.
why no night 2?

I wanted to know because you argued with lld that her being roleblocked is not town confirming.

Did you think that someone with a similar role as yours could be town at that time?

I didn't target anyone night 2 because I was saving my shots for a more useful opportunity. I'm a JOAT with multiple flavors of protective. I used a Bodyguard shot on Black. Hence my worry about Alisae being a vig. As it turns out, she was, but of a kind that gets a special phase of its own so it can ignore protective night actions. :neutral:

And yes, that was a jailkeep on xyzzy. I actually breadcrumbed that I would have used it on LLD night 2 if Rogue had flipped scum with my post in twilight because the flavor is the dialogue line "Behave yourselves, gentlemen" and took it back with my first post of the day 3 because they weren't scum so I didn't use it. So y'know, if someone vigged me you'd see my role and be able to figure out my action. That's why I commented about wanting to wait to vote until I could hammer, so I could better drop that crumb at the right time. Would've done it last night too with xyzzy except I wasn't around when you guys hammered, got done with my stuff just a little too late to get a post in.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (isolation #139) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Aureal »

I really need you to explain in depth why you've cleared MB and Kokichi, petapan. I asked earlier and you never elaborated- I really don't follow how there being a mafia roleblocker clears MB. I don't see how Kokichi's role is obvious let alone that it must be town. While I agree that Penguin's roleclaim is weak, we really need this stuff spelled out if it's true and we end up in MELO.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (isolation #140) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

I see where you're going with the roleblocker thing now but still there's some assumptions being made. 1) the roleblocker might have limited shots and thus didn't do anything night one to conserve them 2) the cloaking action from the Borg Queen might have been used (though that's not too likely)

And I have read Wave's flip several times. That's why I want you to explain why you're so sure there, because I see an awful lot of assumptions being made. The unknown person who approves the court-martial might not even have that in their role at all and know nothing about it until they get a message about it.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (isolation #141) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:13 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1595, petapan wrote:
In post 1475, fferyllt wrote: The recipient players will be able to use the devices on a subsequent night.
cloaking device couldn't have been used on night 1

Why not? It explicitly does not say that giving the devices out is a night action.

In post 1596, petapan wrote:
In post 1594, Aureal wrote: I see where you're going with the roleblocker thing now but still there's some assumptions being made. 1) the roleblocker might have limited shots and thus didn't do anything night one to conserve them 2) the cloaking action from the Borg Queen might have been used (though that's not too likely)

And I have read Wave's flip several times. That's why I want you to explain why you're so sure there, because I see an awful lot of assumptions being made. The unknown person who approves the court-martial might not even have that in their role at all and know nothing about it until they get a message about it.
do you think he's bluffing about having it? lol

He can't be bluffing, he hasn't said anything at all about it. I see no reason to make assumptions.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (isolation #142) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1597, petapan wrote: regardless of all that, do you have an actual reason to townread penguin?

I was vaguely townreading him because he was lightly defending me when I was getting pushed. It's not much- they could've just figured I was doomed by LLD's temper sooner rather than later and not needed to have both scum coming after me- but it's a bit. Not saying I don't think there's a chance he's scum here.

In post 1599, Mislim Bait wrote: I kinda want kokichi to use his role before we elim penguin

Well if he does have that court-martial thing it's too late to use it today.

VOTE: No Elimination

sigh
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (isolation #143) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by Aureal »

idk really, there's a lot about it that's not very clear.

I have no experience with any such thing so I don't know if it's something that operates like some sort of particular role.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (isolation #144) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:10 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1611, PenguinPower wrote: why are we voting for no elim?

Because nobody wants to talk about stuff. Like, for instance, what you did or didn't do with your night action.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1618 (isolation #145) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Aureal »

Ah, read that too quickly. Explain your stance on xyzzy then.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1622 (isolation #146) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Aureal »

VOTE: PenguinPower
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (isolation #147) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by Aureal »

VOTE: No Elimination
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (isolation #148) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by Aureal »

Embrace the madness.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (isolation #149) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:29 am

Post by Aureal »

I'm still so confused by MB.
In post 1664, petapan wrote: i stole kokichi's vote because i was annoyed with him slowrolling all of yesterday
I approve of this.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (isolation #150) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:48 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1667, Mislim Bait wrote:
In post 1665, Aureal wrote: I'm still so confused by MB.
why?
it is what is I basically die after this day ends
If I dont you can auto elim me next day
you can treat me as an IC

Because you claimed tree stump, but apparently it's more like living one more day phase. I guess there's no real reason to suspect you at this point given the night event though, I dunno why scum would get to have a role that lets them have the mod make some ambiguous comment about them overnight.

I could vote PenguinPower but I see Kokichi is stiiiiiiiill not giving anything so I think I need to see some good reasoning why not to vote there first.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (isolation #151) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Aureal »

Well, I guess that answers one thing.

Still unclear whether the court martial takes the place of the normal elimination or if the day continues afterwards though.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (isolation #152) » Tue May 02, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Aureal »

I used jailkeep on xyzzy when there was a nightkill and should only be one Mafia left, yeah. They should be fairly clear from that, odds are low that the Unstoppable shot was used there. Penguin is definitely by far the most likely suspect here now since you do have the court martial and that doesn't seem like a power that should be given to scum.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1703 (isolation #153) » Thu May 04, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Aureal »

Ah, we do still participate. And here I was ready to start RPing Tasha handling security over the proceedings. Sigh. Maybe later.

Everyone else has some amount of mechanical reason to make them unlikely to be Mafia. So a VOTE: PenguinPower seems pretty clearly the right option here. It's like 80% gotta be him. If it's not I think we're in trouble but we cross that bridge if we come to it.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (isolation #154) » Thu May 04, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Aureal »

Awww, does Kokichi get his vote back for the court martial? I was looking forward to that vote count where it didn't count.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (isolation #155) » Thu May 04, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

Tasha Yar stood by as the defendant was brought in for trial, on high alert for any suspicious activities. Her hand curled in frustration as she thought about the many crimes this man had allegedly been responsible for. Her phaser was near at hand, and thinking back to the scene which had unfolded before her several nights ago, it made her want to wrap her hand around it and dispense with the formalities immediately. She'd been so close by, lurking in the hallway near Data's quarters, wondering if she dared seek to enter- a sentiment cut short by the angry yells within. The sight of the angry form of Khan collapsing onto the broken shapes that once was her android friend, blaming Data with his dying breath for the vengeful old man's murder- she would never forget it. Nor forgive herself for not being able to stop it.

Drawing a sharp breath, she roused herself from the mental torment of reliving that moment, focusing upon the trial before her. It was soon evident that finally they had caught the last of the conspirators, a welcome relief after days of accusations, including many against her, a not unsurprising turn of events given how she'd failed in her job of keeping everyone secure. That was of secondary importance to her own self-recrimination, which would stay with her forever. Or at least for as long as it took to get out of this strange anomaly- who knew whether any of this even would exist outside of it? Perhaps everyone would be alive again, as if none of this ever existed.

With a sudden surge of hope at that thought, Tasha welcomed the flash of light that heralded Q's conclusion to the trial. Maybe the world would return to normal, and she would be able to find Data again sometime...
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (isolation #156) » Thu May 04, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Aureal »

Kind of a confusing setup with some misdirection that was making me rather uncertain even as people started to come up pretty clear (why the hell can the Borg queen get a forced bodyguard that doesn't protect from anything, lol) but I love the effort put into it. Thanks for modding, ffery, I can tell you're clearly a Tasha fan too, that was a great role design. ;)

Thank the lord I didn't try to save Wavelength like I momentarily considered doing. Don't even wanna think about how badly it would've gone with both LLD and me claiming to have been roleblocked.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (isolation #157) » Fri May 05, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Aureal »

This touching closing RP apparently brought to you in part by the reviewer PenguinAlien's recommendation that Data and Tasha not be Lovers.

:o
-furtiveglance

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”