Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4325 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:11 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

You are one of the two people that I’m NOT asking :triumph: but ty for the approval
To be clear: quack
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4304, SleepyKrew wrote: The role matters. Who fills the role today doesn’t. They either do what the town collectively agrees or they get limmed tomorrow.
This. LLD claimed a loan of $60. That means we're in the hole $90. Our minimum income from taxes is $90 which is incredibly unlikely. We still get to fund almost two roles entirely if that is the case by taking out a $200 loan. If whoever is treasurer disagrees with that, it's a 1v1 with LLD, mechanically, which is solved tomorrow when the next treasurer gets to look at the balances.

The treasurer is a day action. Say they give me $0 so I can't act and claim they gave $100, I get to blow the whistle right there before elimination. Even if they make the decisions town wants, if we think they're scum we don't lose anything from eliminating them after they act, because they will already have used their power. If they lie about their budget, again it's a 1v1 tomorrow when the next treasurer is explicitly informed of how much money the previous treasurer left in the bank or a 1v1 today when the funding doesn't add up. So basically, regardless of who treasurer is the only way they can actually use the role is exactly the way we want them to use the role.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4322, SleepyKrew wrote: Hope I’m not being presumptuous when I say we’re limming Ali or GL. Surely one of them is scum right
I'm trying to figure out if I believe one of them is scum, actually. I think right now, I'd prefer to partner hunt.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:13 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Wait the people getting funded find out before lim? I need to double check when I got my funding PM
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:15 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

But before I check that: in the scenario where GL is scum and wins treasurer and we decide to lim him, he can fuck up our money without consequence at that point. So it really should just be furtive
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:15 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

WAIT NO THAT DEPENDS ON WHEN WE GET THE FUNDING PM ok I’ll check shortly
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Bingle »

To elaborate, I'm pretty sure LLD town. I think I'm reasonably sure Skrew is town at the moment. I think at most 1 of Ali and GL is scum, but definitely not both.

That leaves me with 2-3 scum in a pool of sheep/Furtiveglance/GivingUpOnTheDragons/Unowen, which is at worst, even odds with limming in Ali/GL.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4328, SleepyKrew wrote: Wait the people getting funded find out before lim? I need to double check when I got my funding PM
Shea said he'd sent the funding PM before nightstart in council 2. I assumed the same was true of the other nights.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:19 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

oh shit right I remember wanting to ask why I was partially funded but I decided to wait until the next day to do it
ahhhhhhhhh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4325, SleepyKrew wrote: You are one of the two people that I’m NOT asking :triumph: but ty for the approval
You're goddamn right :triumph:
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:22 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

I'm losing my mind trying to remember this even though the information is so easily accessible lol
I just keep opening new tabs

that Shea post in the council is
after
the final votecount/thread lock/start of N2 in this thread
my funding PM arrived between those posts. so after the lock and start of night
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:24 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

and a scum GL could also just wait until right before deadline before submitting his bad-for-town budget
yeah this was a lot of faffing about to land back on furtive treasurer
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:25 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

a scum GL that is about to get limmed*^
obviously a scum furtive could also submit a bad budget but then he'd die the next day blah blah blah
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:27 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Alisae »

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:38 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4335, SleepyKrew wrote: that Shea post in the council is after the final votecount/thread lock/start of N2 in this thread
Pay no attention to the Bingle behind the curtain. I just checked when I sent in my funding and it was 3 days before shea sent it out. Apparently I've been misremembering that for this entire dayphase. :oops:
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:42 am

Post by Alisae »

:b:ingle moment
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:43 am

Post by Bingle »

It still stands that we don't have to not eliminate the treasurer so they can submit, though. If we become absolutely sure of scum treasurer then we can lim them, we'd just want to flash lim them so they didn't submit a bonkers budget at the last minute.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4341, Alisae wrote: :b:ingle moment
A :b:ingle moment is the product of a :b:ingle force and the perpendicular distance of said force from the center of rotation of a body, resulting in :b:ingle torque.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Alisae »

:b::regional_indicator_i::regional_indicator_n::regional_indicator_g::regional_indicator_l::regional_indicator_e:
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4298, Bingle wrote: Which leads us back to: who is the scumteam if Ali is scum here?
This isn't specifically @GL, either.

I'm interested in anyone's proposed teams based on both of Ali/GL scum scenarios. Let's not lose our momentum waiting for a STD replacement and get bogged down in another full playerlist refresh.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4298, Bingle wrote: The probability of scum being able to actively fuck with this result if Ali is town is actually pretty high, imo. Which leads back to: would Ali, who was willing to risk eir slot to kill a cop fake the result failing instead of saying "I thought scum would assume the cop was protected so I used a watcher or whatever on AD. Bingle visited him and made the kill."

Which leads us back to: who is the scumteam if Ali is scum here?
alright so I've skimmed up to be caught up and I have a Lot Of Thoughts but I am too exhausted right now to actually do them justice and type them all out

I disagree with you somewhat on the mechanics portion of this post and will go into that more later but I see your point of view and really appreciate you writing it out it resolves a lot of paranoia/worry I had about you and I feel where you're coming from

I have A Thought on the scum team but I want to reread some parts of the game before truly committing to it but I will say this - I don't really believe furtive is scum at all, as frustrated as I am with him I think he's town. And the thought I am subsequently landing on is that all the gamestate weirdness I've been struggling with in the town!furtive world, makes a lot more sense if LLD is mafia that I've been misreading the whole game. There's a few things rolling around in my brain about her play and the interactions with Alisae and my push on em today that don't feel right, and it's still possible I'm just paranoid/stupid and she's town, but a wolf!LLD could be a missing puzzle piece that fits a lot of things into place
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Deadline is currently paused while a replacement is found.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3886, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3884, Alisae wrote: I was fully funded
I targeted Andante
what the FUCK
confirm you were funded 100 dollars, a full funding.
namely I was thinking about this post earlier and maybe I'm way off here but... I kinda don't understand why LLD would need to ask this, when I think about it. Alisae already said e was fully funded. If LLD is town and Alisae is scum, the main benefit is to prevent scum!Alisae from changing e's story later, but I dunno I am kinda feeling a vibe that it's a S/S interaction. I don't think I can properly articulate exactly why at the moment cause sleepy brain, but I'll be around tomorrow and I'll try to unpack a lot more
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4348, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3886, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3884, Alisae wrote: I was fully funded
I targeted Andante
what the FUCK
confirm you were funded 100 dollars, a full funding.
namely I was thinking about this post earlier and maybe I'm way off here but... I kinda don't understand why LLD would need to ask this, when I think about it. Alisae already said e was fully funded. If LLD is town and Alisae is scum, the main benefit is to prevent scum!Alisae from changing e's story later, but I dunno I am kinda feeling a vibe that it's a S/S interaction. I don't think I can properly articulate exactly why at the moment cause sleepy brain, but I'll be around tomorrow and I'll try to unpack a lot more
You're high right?

I funded the cop and the doctor to full amounts, and the cop died despite this, with said doctor claiming to have done the protection on Andante.

What, as a townie, is your first reaction? Mine is always "do things by the book". If someone and I are involved in a situation where they have information where they could choose to lie or tell the truth (1v1 me or go a different angle) I will always force them to immediately claim it for the sake of not allowing that to be an option for them to try.

Also, this argument is SEVERELY flawed. If Ali and I were S/S we wouldn't need to have this interaction. Infact, you had issues with Ali's reaction being stilted. I'm good enough at scum that I'm not gonna put on a bad acting job with my scum buddy and link myself. I'll just tell her to casually drop that she was funded 100 and stay out of the thread for a day and then react to things.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”