Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:34 am

Post by Mitillos »

I raised it now, because I didn't pay attention to your list before. I assumed it was a joke, given that you were going on about it being either in ascending or descending order and you were going to keep which a secret, as well as saying that you shouldn't give reads on page 3, while giving a full list on page 3. I ignored it then, but now you're saying it was serious, of course I'm going to look into it. But hey, I'll give you a chance to convince me I'm wrong. Answer the following questions for me (and I'll even be nice enough to not touch the reads you said you don't want to go into):

1) How was CCGeek distinct enough to be your biggest scumread by post 51, when he hadn't even picked up his role PM?
2) In addition to the above, why was KK in the middle of the readlist by post 51, without any posts?
3) Why does KK make no sense as mafia now, with a total of two posts thus far?
4) What did T3 do to be scummy by post 51?

And here's a bonus question that I don't actually care about, but others should:
5) How am I between bri and redFF in terms of suspicion, when you gave specific scummy behaviour spelled out for them, but not for me?
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:59 am

Post by bristep123 »

I’ll address dessew’s comment about me - ‘utter refusal’ is an incredible reach given I have said i’m just speculating, and I’m not sure where you get a piggyback either. Anyway I have no strong reads so my vote can stay where it is for now - but that definitely put you on my list.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

VoteCount 1.2

Dessew [ 2 ]
Mitilos, Tchill13
Malakittens [ 1 ]
DeasVail
CollegeGoer [ 1 ]
Bristep123
Mitillos [ 1 ]
Dessew
Tchill13 [ 1 ]
redFF
Dr Easy Bake [ 1 ]
collegeGoer

Not Voting [ 6 ]

Kop, KawaiiKame, T3, Malakittens, Dr Easy Bake, Emperor FlippyNips

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-04-03 16:47:31)

CollegeGoer has been prodded
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 151, Mitillos wrote: But hey, I'll give you a chance to convince me I'm wrong.
Thank you, daddy uwu
Convince you you're wrong about what? Even if you were town, you haven't made an accusation. Or if it's about whether I'm joking: I'm not.

1. There's no need for distinctness to get a read, but then the reads wouldn't be distinct either. I thought being flaky was a scumtell, and I also didn't want to put Mitillos on the top, in reality they were more like number 3 at the time. But it was close enough, and I figured my read on him was going to evolve anyway when finally posts.

2. I thought there was a reasonable chance that at least one mafia would be eager to get all of them associated with some other players, it helps to blend in. No one was talking about KK, so I put them in the middle.

3. I try to put myself in the other player's shoes, imagine they are town, imagine they are mafia, then draw my conclusions. KK's posts struck me as odd, and I can't place them as mafia. I might be wrong, but this is what I think now.

4. Explained it in my previous post.

5. There was this piggybacking business that I misremembered, so I guess we can remedy that.

@bristep: Sorry, for some reason I thought you'd voted Tchill, my bad :)
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Mitillos »

Uh. I have definitely made an accusation. I'm accusing you of being mafia and making your reads up with little actual reference to the gamestate (i.e. "full of shit").

You're the one who brought distinctness up. You said everyone was distinct by the time you made post 51, and that meant you could put CCGeek, KK, and for that matter DEB at vastly different positions of your reads, despite them having no posts at the time. You claim that this is based on whether these players were being mentioned by others, but the only player to mention CCGeek before post 51 was bri placing a (seemingly random) vote on him. You had bri on the top half of your list, so by your stated reasoning, a neutral or lean-scum player was trying to associate themselves with a missing player, and this somehow made the latter's flakiness a scumtell. This is all labyrinthine nonsense.

Your responses are disjointed and incomprehensible at best. I'm very happy with my vote, yet my happiness is tempered by you rolling scum, meaning we can't be on the same side.
options
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:40 am

Post by DeasVail »

Hmmm I have concerns about Mitillos, particularly the free pass on Mala and the reaction to Dessew, and I was in the process of writing up a post about why I suspected him for these things, but the degree of projected confidence makes me hesitate slightly.

Statements like “But hey, I'll give you a chance to convince me I'm wrong.” and “I'll even be nice enough to not touch the reads you said you don't want to go into” make me wonder whether scum would actually go ahead with posting stuff like that (before deciding that it’s a bad idea). It could be a way of scum intentionally appearing confident but I’m not sure.

Also Dessew, I’m keen to talk about the redFF read. What gives you the impression that their push on tchill is from mafia rather than being proactive in their own way?

PEdit: Mitillos, do you think that Dessew as scum would have predicted that people would notice the illogical nature of having 2 players who hadn’t posted at opposite ends of their reads list?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 155, Mitillos wrote: Uh. I have definitely made an accusation. I'm accusing you of being mafia and making your reads up with little actual reference to the gamestate (i.e. "full of shit").
I didn't take that as an accusation, but you do you.
You're the one who brought distinctness up.
So? What's your point? I don't get it.
You said everyone was distinct by the time you made post 51, and that meant you could put CCGeek, KK, and for that matter DEB at vastly different positions of your reads, despite them having no posts at the time.
They're different players and the "discussion" around them was also different, so it makes sense to have different reads on them.
You claim that this is based on whether these players were being mentioned by others, but the only player to mention CCGeek before post 51 was bri placing a (seemingly random) vote on him. You had bri on the top half of your list, so by your stated reasoning, a neutral or lean-scum player was trying to associate themselves with a missing player, and this somehow made the latter's flakiness a scumtell. This is all labyrinthine nonsense.
This is a blatant misrepresentation of my point because this isn't what I said at all.
Your responses are disjointed and incomprehensible at best. I'm very happy with my vote, yet my happiness is tempered by you rolling scum, meaning we can't be on the same side.
Don't be so dramatic, we're playing together, even if on opposite sides /forbiddenhugemoji
In post 156, DeasVail wrote: Also Dessew, I’m keen to talk about the redFF read. What gives you the impression that their push on tchill is from mafia rather than being proactive in their own way?
I think Tchill's point was already crystal clear before #83, but redFF simplified it so much that it was misleading, then made no attempts to address the parts they disregarded. Then in #104 they misrepresented it again. In the end, the discussion redFF started was based on a statement that's objectively untrue (and we call all check because it's in the thread), but it resembles reality enough that they could've thought (if they're mafia) that it could pass for the truth. What's the town motivation behind this?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Mitillos »

3 players, with one smack right in the middle of the list.

Anyway, I don't know if they'd have predicted it, but either way, the response of "well why didn't you point it out earlier" is weak, so...

Also, feel free to ignore my supposed confidence. I am, in fact, always perfectly happy to be proven wrong and look elsewhere, if someone has a good case opposing a scumread I make.

And, to be clear, Mala isn't *actually* getting a free pass. I just think I can totally see her doing everything she's done as a joke (especially post 133) so I don't think it's anything to be worried about, at this time. She's a slight town-lean for post 96, and because she didn't try to waffle about my question regarding her meta. It's possible that I'm slightly biased in her favour, here, but I'm also perfectly happy to see cases against my town-reads, as long as they're cogent.

p-edit: I'll read Dessew's post later, I'm taking a break now.
options
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

I’m gonna need y’all to take it down to a simmer
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

VOTE: dessewing machineI’ve tasted the dish and this feels like the missing ingredient
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

Ofc I’m obv town and maybe my boy flippy is, but how could you be so certain about college without being scum yourself?
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:09 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 154, Dessew wrote:
In post 151, Mitillos wrote: But hey, I'll give you a chance to convince me I'm wrong.
Thank you, daddy uwu
Convince you you're wrong about what? Even if you were town, you haven't made an accusation. Or if it's about whether I'm joking: I'm not.

1. There's no need for distinctness to get a read, but then the reads wouldn't be distinct either. I thought being flaky was a scumtell, and I also didn't want to put Mitillos on the top, in reality they were more like number 3 at the time. But it was close enough, and I figured my read on him was going to evolve anyway when finally posts.

2. I thought there was a reasonable chance that at least one mafia would be eager to get all of them associated with some other players, it helps to blend in. No one was talking about KK, so I put them in the middle.

3. I try to put myself in the other player's shoes, imagine they are town, imagine they are mafia, then draw my conclusions. KK's posts struck me as odd, and I can't place them as mafia. I might be wrong, but this is what I think now.

4. Explained it in my previous post.

5. There was this piggybacking business that I misremembered, so I guess we can remedy that.

@bristep: Sorry, for some reason I thought you'd voted Tchill, my bad :)

I think I understand that flaky can be classed as a scum tell, but if they haven't picked up there role PM and not posted a single dot, I wouldn't really class that as flaky scum. They simply may have not been on in or around the time that the game started so may have been unaware that the game had started, and unfortunately time has gone on and had to be replaced due to any amount of reasons but it's something we'll never know. So I wouldn't put it down to possible flaky scum tells.

But I would like to work out your read list, since you've said that it could be either ascending or descending, and how you've come to the conclusion that I am either above KK or below KK in terms of scumminess since both of us hadn't posted a single dot when you posted your read list.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Malakittens T3 and Redff have been prodded
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:44 am

Post by redFF »

My bad lads prod recieved.

I still dont like the tchill push on t3 but im willing to move on and can devote some time tonight
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:45 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: Dr Easy Bake
Placeholder vote for now. Content doesn't have much substance.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:49 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Dessew: I voted you, I don't think an accusation can be more stark than that. Anyway, my point is that you are claiming there was a difference between CCGeek, KK, and DEB, but have actually failed to provide any such difference, since your only attempt to do so was effectively "people were/weren't talking about them". There was zero discussion around both CCGeek and KK, so you can't honestly claim the discussion around them was different.

Sure, that's not what you said, word for word, but if we accept your reasoning, that's what comes out. It's not a misrepresentation at all, it's an explanation as to why your position is completely untenable without some kind of cognitive dissonance (e.g. because your reads are fake).

And yes, I was being a bit silly with the dramatic stuff, but thanks for tacitly admitting you're mafia. Also, I'm not a very huggy person.

@DEB: I don't think either Dessew or I were particularly heated...

@redFF: Thoughts on Dessew?

@T3: Thoughts on Dessew?
options
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:11 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 162, Dr Easy Bake wrote: Ofc I’m obv town and maybe my boy flippy is, but how could you be so certain about college without being scum yourself?
That's an old-fashioned, traditional read. I believed his first post was genuine, and I feel vindicated by his subsequent posts. If mafia puts up such a façade, I'd expect it to be rather one-note, but #37, #38, #90 and #91 all come from different angles (still ostensibly from the same place, though). This playstyle would be yield mafia more risks than benefits, don't you agree?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Enchant replaces collegegoer
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Enchant »

I bet you all glad to see me
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:43 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 170, Enchant wrote: I bet you all glad to see me
I am
VOTE: Enchant
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

I’ll be here for sure tmrw.

I don’t really like dessler
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 167, Mitillos wrote: Thoughts on Dessew?
Light town, 90% of the stuff people were talking about felt NAI.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:46 pm

Post by Enchant »

hi dead PT

I supposed to read game but 7 pages is too much
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”