Micro 1075: The Coalition of Imaginary Creatures (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Bingle »

Bingle - conftown from my POV
Eiralox - treating this as spewed town today. The particular frustration at N_M is a town one, I think. I doubt scum gets that upset over N_M being unreadable when N_M doesn't look unlimmable.
Not_Mafia - I'm not going to bother partner hunting N_M, I don't think that's a useful way to spend my time.

northsidegal
Dunnstral
Umlaut
patchwork
KawaiiKame
Keychain

That's 15 scumteams for me to examine. I can handle that.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:17 am

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Keychain (2)
northsidegal, Not_Mafia
patchwork (0)
None
KawaiiKame (1)
Keychain
Not_Mafia (0)
None
northsidegal (0)
None
Eiralox (0)
None
Umlaut (0)
None
Dunnstral (0)
None
Bingle (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
patchwork, KawaiiKame, Dunnstral, Bingle, Umlaut, Eiralox
C
OALITION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
C
OALITION
Keychain (5)
Keychain, Dunnstral, northsidegal, Eiralox, Not_Mafia
patchwork (4)
patchwork, northsidegal, Bingle, Eiralox
KawaiiKame (5)
Eiralox, Dunnstral, Keychain, northsidegal, Umlaut
Not_Mafia (5)
Not_Mafia, Keychain, patchwork, northsidegal, Eiralox
northsidegal (2)
northsidegal, Eiralox
Eiralox (4)
Eiralox, northsidegal, Umlaut, Not_Mafia
Umlaut (5)
Umlaut, northsidegal, Keychain, Eiralox, Bingle
Dunnstral (4)
Dunnstral, northsidegal, Umlaut, Eiralox
Bingle (4)
Bingle, Eiralox, northsidegal, Dunnstral
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lock in a Coalition and 5 to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-06 14:49:20)
Notes:
Imaginary creatures have completely fallen by the wayside
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Keychain »

HURT: Dunnstral
HEAL: Umlaut
In post 349, Umlaut wrote:
In post 327, Keychain wrote: Umlaut I desperately want you to be town since you're in sync with my thoughts on everything except bingle but that also makes it so hard to read you :(
Where are you on Bingle right now?
Leaning scum - I feel like he has good posts but what feels like most of them are generic helpfulness/coaching and setup discussion, I associate too much of that with scum
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 350, Bingle wrote: Bingle - conftown from my POV
Eiralox - treating this as spewed town today. The particular frustration at N_M is a town one, I think. I doubt scum gets that upset over N_M being unreadable when N_M doesn't look unlimmable.
Not_Mafia - I'm not going to bother partner hunting N_M, I don't think that's a useful way to spend my time.

northsidegal
Dunnstral
Umlaut
patchwork
KawaiiKame
Keychain

That's 15 scumteams for me to examine. I can handle that.
I'm excited to see how this goes.

In post 311, patchwork wrote: i'm honestly not too sure on who to coalition but i'm currently trying to figure out who i Don't want in my coalition. maybe i'm making some wrong choices here but i just listed the three names that felt the most towny to me
probably going to think about it more though, i haven't really analyzed players yet.
bye!
would love to hear whatever your most recent reads are even if they're not rock solid
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 352, Keychain wrote:
In post 349, Umlaut wrote:Where are you on Bingle right now?
Leaning scum - I feel like he has good posts but what feels like most of them are generic helpfulness/coaching and setup discussion, I associate too much of that with scum
A lot of them are that, but Bingle is also the top poster in the game. If you take away the kind of content you're talking about, what's left is still pretty good I think. I found , , for example to be good while also being about forming reads and advancing the game. I also think the read on Kame in , while I disagree with it, is not the sort of thing scum makes up (unless the team is exactly Bingle/KK maybe, but on balance still towny), and the questioning me for clarification in just felt... like a real question, which I suppose it could be but I feel like scum wouldn't care so much to ask as long as I'm townreading them on net.

In post 69, Umlaut wrote:NSG, what is it that you find bad about ? The problem I thought I saw with it isn't actually there.
Noticed while reviewing that this was never answered.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I hated how Bingle interacted with Delta, gave me major scum buddying the impressionable newbie vibe
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:00 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

Keychain vs. northsidegal feels town vs. town to me, mainly a division in the philosophy of playstyles of convincing someone of you being town being futile/needing to happen, I feel that's basically what's being said in this, the possibility exists that at least one scum is within this interaction tho
Delta/Eira was town and continues to be town, definitely my highest town
N_M feels random town in interactions, vibes town, I doubt scum is this chaotic, possibility exists tho
Bingle is flying everywhere at once, sometimes I'm thinking town, sometimes I'm thinking scum, potentially powerwolfing
dunn feels chill town, opened well with aggressive coallition building, kinda faded
um feels pretty town, I like the shifting of opinions/analysis with new info like with Delta shifting negative to positive and Bingle shifting positive to negative
patch Idk how to read
I believe that's everyone except me
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:16 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 346, Dunnstral wrote: northsidegal, what shifted your read on me?
what do we think of this pop-in, my friends

surely someone else besides me has something to say about this (besides key's removal of him)
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:17 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 347, Bingle wrote:
In post 343, northsidegal wrote: i strongly oppose these 3 people being in the coalition and would like anyone who currently has them in their coalition to explain their reasoning
Already mentioned the read on Dunn. I have also been feeling better about Umlaut recently, and wouldn't strenuously object to his inclusion. I think if he's scum it's likely to be with Dunn or you and I don't think either Dunn or you is likely scum at the moment.

Honestly kind of surprised that I'm not in the top 5, given that I feel I'm being fairly townread atm.

Is your exclusion of Kame from this list because you're feeling better about them or because they don't have the votes that you feel the need to voice your concern?
not to try to influence your partner reading too much, but i think that umlaut / kame is a real possibility. the exclusion of kame was because of the latter.

things fall apart
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I give you permission to address me directly, northsidegal.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 356, KawaiiKame wrote: Keychain vs. northsidegal feels town vs. town to me, mainly a division in the philosophy of playstyles of convincing someone of you being town being futile/needing to happen, I feel that's basically what's being said in this, the possibility exists that at least one scum is within this interaction tho
N_M feels random town in interactions, vibes town, I doubt scum is this chaotic, possibility exists tho
Bingle is flying everywhere at once, sometimes I'm thinking town, sometimes I'm thinking scum, potentially powerwolfing
dunn feels chill town, opened well with aggressive coallition building, kinda faded
um feels pretty town, I like the shifting of opinions/analysis with new info like with Delta shifting negative to positive and Bingle shifting positive to negative
patch Idk how to read
Scum readslist

Bingle/KawaiiKame ggeznore
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:25 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 360, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 356, KawaiiKame wrote: Keychain vs. northsidegal feels town vs. town to me, mainly a division in the philosophy of playstyles of convincing someone of you being town being futile/needing to happen, I feel that's basically what's being said in this, the possibility exists that at least one scum is within this interaction tho
patch Idk how to read
Scum readslist

Bingle/KawaiiKame ggeznore
Why is this a scum readlist? Non-committal?
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:28 am

Post by patchwork »

people i dont want anywhere near my coalition: kawaii, n_m, dunn
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:29 am

Post by patchwork »

n_m i can't really read, dunn's play pings me very subtly, kawaii doesn't act the same as they do in towngames
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 363, patchwork wrote: kawaii doesn't act the same as they do in towngames
Can you explain this?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:46 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 359, Dunnstral wrote: I give you permission to address me directly, northsidegal.
well, to do the same thing that i did to keychain and give a contemporary reason in response to a question about my progression, among the reasons that i would not like you in the coalition is the fact that you've been gone for (by content) half of the game now and the first and only thing that you did when popping into the thread was to ask me about why i'm no longer townreading you.

in actuality, my townread on you was only ever a "first four pages, looks good" townread. i already explained why my read on you shifted, back when it did:
In post 155, northsidegal wrote: on reflection, i actually have significantly less actually good townreads than i thought i did, which is concerning. delta is about the only confident one – dunn was an early one, but i think that there's good cause to re-evaluate that one given that i feel he hasn't actually really come into the game fully so far. his suspicion on keychain aligns with my own thoughts, but i'm not a huge fan of the comments regarding kame. entering the game and immediately forming a full coalition which does not include yourself is an objectively strange thing to do. now, i would be the first person in the world to repeat over and over that seemingly outrageous things like that aren't the best metric for determining who scum is, but at the very least it warrants questioning, and i feel as though dunn takes more of a flippant attitude towards it than is reasonable.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

i could maybe be convinced on umlaut town

can't decide if my opinion differing on bingle is me being pocketed or me just being more aligned with his "setup spec" (rather than seeing it as scummy)

maybe this game is like 10 times simpler than anyone expects and its literally just dunn / kame

things fall apart
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:03 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 364, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 363, patchwork wrote: kawaii doesn't act the same as they do in towngames
Can you explain this?
every game i've played with them so far (newbie 2113, 2114, 2115) have all been towngames. in this game, they don't play similarly as they play as town. for instance, in 2113, they were much more proactive and actually did stuff, and while that got more toned down in 2114 and 2115, kawaii's posting doesn't feel the same as it does then. usually they give me this little ping in my head as i'm reading through their post that makes me think, "oh, this is from town and not scum", but i haven't gotten that ping at all. or maybe im just shit at the game idfk
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 363, patchwork wrote: n_m i can't really read

I hope this helps
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:02 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 368, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 363, patchwork wrote: n_m i can't really read

I hope this helps
thanks bro
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Anytime
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 370, Not_Mafia wrote: Anytime
Ok, can you post it at 2:32.56 AM next Thursday?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Which timezone?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'll see what I can do

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”