Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 1.02

With 13 players, it takes 7 to make a decision. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-04-13 10:30:00).

VC
bob3141 [3]:
ballpointpen [], Marquis [], Ethel []
Brian Skies [2]:
Cephrir [], Save The Dragons []
northsidegal [2]:
Firebringer [], NorwegianboyEE []
ballpointpen [1]:
bob3141 []
NorwegianboyEE [1]:
Elpis []
GuyInFreezer [1]:
northsidegal []

Not voting [3]:
Brian Skies, Alisae, GuyInFreezer

Mod NotesAlisae still needs to pick up eir role PM
Last edited by Cat Scratch Fever on Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 173, bob3141 wrote: But in those games back then, the amount of time that first real wagon ended up on a player that flipped town at some point was greater than the chance of a random pick. Though doesn’t preclude them from benign scum but does make it on balance less likely.
Feels a bit weird to conclude so much from a wagon on Brian when they’ve only made 1 post so far and that was after the votes.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:36 am

Post by Marquis »

UNVOTE:
link in bio
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:43 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 176, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 173, bob3141 wrote: But in those games back then, the amount of time that first real wagon ended up on a player that flipped town at some point was greater than the chance of a random pick. Though doesn’t preclude them from benign scum but does make it on balance less likely.
Feels a bit weird to conclude so much from a wagon on Brian when they’ve only made 1 post so far and that was after the votes.
Its from my experince from the games i played in 2020 and 2021. Most often that first wagon ended up on town with a few cases with it being on scum. As i said earlier, off the top of my head the ratio of first wagon on scum to first wagon on town was somethign like 1:9. Which was cgeater than the ratio of scum to town for those games.

Those wagons came in all forms town heavy were the scum would jump off quickly, all town, scum heavy and town heavy when the town would be ones to jump off early
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Spoiler:
In post 6, Cephrir wrote: VOTE: brian skies

the sky in the flavor image is blue, pink and orange, but it doesn't appear to be brian at all
This post feels town to me.
In post 7, Marquis wrote: Updated readslist:

Brian Skies - scum
bob3141 - town
northsidegal - town
Marquis - town
Alisae - town
GuyInFreezer - town
Cephrir - town
Ethel - town
Elpis - town
Save The Dragons - town
NorwegianboyEE - town
ballpointpen - town
Firebringer - town

VOTE: Brian Skies
In post 15, Marquis wrote: Can we try getting Brian to L-1 before he makes a post. I think that would be fun
This one also feels town.
In post 13, Firepup wrote: i wont allow it. i wont be buddied.
i am the one who will pocket everyone.

No one can pocket me. I will scumread everyone to protect myself from all buddying
Firepup feels like town.
In post 17, Firebringer wrote: Brian is never scum.
Literally can't remember when I last played scum.
In post 16, northsidegal wrote: hmm, i'm thinking that brian skies is probably scum

VOTE: brian skies
This one is probably evil.
In post 19, Save The Dragons wrote: Ez game VOTE: Brian skies
Probably town too.
In post 26, Ethel wrote: VOTE: Cephrir
Bet you didn't expect that!
In post 35, Ethel wrote:
In post 28, Cephrir wrote:
In post 26, Ethel wrote: VOTE: Cephrir
Bet you didn't expect that!
et tu, erminé?
Vive la République!
First post is meh, could go either way. Second post bumps it up to town.

And then the game devolves back into RVS. Reads:

Town
Marquee
Firepup
Ethel
Bob
Cephrir
Save the Dragons
----------------------
Norwee
Gif
Elpis
Ballpointpen
Alisae
---------------------
NSG
Scum

I'm caught up now.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:51 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Hmm ok.
Wagon analyzis sounds a bit like magic to me but i guess i’ll take your word for it.
So what do you think the wagon on Brian is formed of? Mostly town? Scum?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:03 am

Post by bob3141 »

At times it does feel like magic and at times like you have been trying to find patterns in fruit pips.

But at this stage its to often to early to be able to tell the wagon composition esp on that first wagon of day one. With most games you could only see once players started to flip. The 4 votes on brain all landed with an hour of the game starting with it quickly dropping back down to 3 after the 4th.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

cephrir whats my alignment.
and it better be scum
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Marquis »

Spoiler: bob - back and forth on this read
In post 49, bob3141 wrote: VOTE: ballpointpen

Feels like they believe teh pen is mighter than the sword

comes in end of page 2, we were already kind of leaving RVS, and this felt like an out of place attempt to keep themselves in casual RVS, rather than engage with what was happening

Bob's later posts kinda read as misguided town though, so I can also see this first post as town not reading anything and just throwing a vote while thinking of how to make it clever. I do that too

Spoiler: ballpoint - lean scum
In post 60, ballpointpen wrote: i was going to write my post using chatgpt but i don't have to balls to do that in a foreign forum

VOTE: bob3141

i don't know if your username is a reflection of not knowing pi to 5 digits or just an attempt to trigger everyone, which is far worse
In post 61, ballpointpen wrote: if more than 3 people want to see the chatgpt attempt i will post it and let you guys figure out what i asked chatgpt to write to create such a post
In post 64, ballpointpen wrote:

average keyboard fan vs average pen enjoyer

ballpoint's posts here felt like too much at once, trying too hard to be RVS chill... like when someone says "do whatever i don't care" specifically because they do kinda care

before bob started to read townier, I saw this exchange through the lens of scum theatre

forum mafia is basically armchair psychiatry yeah but thats how I felt reading these exchanges :]
link in bio
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Elpis »

I think everyone is scum except fire, that's how pocketing works right
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 183, Marquis wrote:

comes in end of page 2, we were already kind of leaving RVS, and this felt like an out of place attempt to keep themselves in casual RVS, rather than engage with what was happening

Bob's later posts kinda read as misguided town though, so I can also see this first post as town not reading anything and just throwing a vote while thinking of how to make it clever. I do that too

In post 60, ballpointpen wrote: i was going to write my post using chatgpt but i don't have to balls to do that in a foreign forum

i don't know if your username is a reflection of not knowing pi to 5 digits or just an attempt to trigger everyone, which is far worse
In post 61, ballpointpen wrote: if more than 3 people want to see the chatgpt attempt i will post it and let you guys figure out what i asked chatgpt to write to create such a post

ballpoint's posts here felt like too much at once, trying too hard to be RVS chill... like when someone says "do whatever i don't care" specifically because they do kinda care

before bob started to read townier, I saw this exchange through the lens of scum theatre

forum mafia is basically armchair psychiatry yeah but thats how I felt reading these exchanges :]
Very heavily amused by calling it armchair psychiatry, but it definitely does allude to reading far too much into every little statement like that, very funny
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 178, bob3141 wrote:
In post 176, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Its from my experince from the games i played in 2020 and 2021. Most often that first wagon ended up on town with a few cases with it being on scum. As i said earlier, off the top of my head the ratio of first wagon on scum to first wagon on town was somethign like 1:9. Which was cgeater than the ratio of scum to town for those games.

Those wagons came in all forms town heavy were the scum would jump off quickly, all town, scum heavy and town heavy when the town would be ones to jump off early
So if I'm reading this properly, the analysis is that brian is likely town, with no information to gain on the contents of the wagon?

- Griffin Mcelroy
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Marquis »

I started to think this before I left MS years ago but

I'm pretty sure the best course of action, instead of an unmanageable 200-page day 1,

is just power-wagon someone who isn't obvtown and figure out the rest of the game starting day 2 based on the flips, wagons, and behaviors around that

VOTE: ballpoint

id be p happy if anyone who townreads me partakes in the bloodlust alongside me!! :]
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:54 am

Post by Marquis »

I don't know if you intentionally
In post 185, Elpis wrote: Very heavily amused by calling it armchair psychiatry, but it definitely does allude to reading far too much into every little statement like that, very funny
yeah I agree that's also my self analysis but in an environment where we're reading each other based simply on words and not voices, faces, and body language, that
is
kind of the root that the rest of the game grows from
link in bio
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:54 am

Post by Elpis »

You know, I would actually enjoy a non-200 page day 1. I'm willing to join on that for the moment I think

VOTE: Ballpoint

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 188, Marquis wrote: I don't know if you intentionally
In post 185, Elpis wrote: Very heavily amused by calling it armchair psychiatry, but it definitely does allude to reading far too much into every little statement like that, very funny
yeah I agree that's also my self analysis but in an environment where we're reading each other based simply on words and not voices, faces, and body language, that
is
Oh i'm sorry if that came across as some sort of judgement-- I actually agree with it

- Griffin Mcelroy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 182, Firebringer wrote: cephrir whats my alignment.
and it better be scum
scum
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 185, Elpis wrote:
In post 183, Marquis wrote:

Very heavily amused by calling it armchair psychiatry, but it definitely does allude to reading far too much into every little statement like that, very funny
wait if mafia is armchair psychiatry can i count playing it as internship hours

also marquis is town if anyone didn't get the memo yet
Bartleby the Scrivener
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 190, Elpis wrote:
In post 188, Marquis wrote:
is
Oh i'm sorry if that came across as some sort of judgement-- I actually agree with it
ok! I was going to say I don't know if you intentionally meant to sound sarcastic but that was my interpretation at the time

it was like it reminded me, I forgot how condescending this site could be at times. not you but it was always so unnecessarily mean like chill yall damn
link in bio
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 184, Elpis wrote: I think everyone is scum except fire, that's how pocketing works right
Correct
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 191, Cephrir wrote:
and it better be scum
scum
then why wont u talk to me in our pt. Its very rude.
Show

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 195, Firebringer wrote:
In post 191, Cephrir wrote:
and it better be scum
scum
then why wont u talk to me in our pt. Its very rude.
im negging you to bring out your best work to impress me
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

for example you aren't claiming scum enough
Bartleby the Scrivener
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: elpis
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 187, Marquis wrote: I'm pretty sure the best course of action, instead of an unmanageable 200-page day 1,

is just power-wagon someone who isn't obvtown and figure out the rest of the game starting day 2 based on the flips, wagons, and behaviors around that
I'm a fan of power-wagons. However, I propose not eliminating the someone in the event they obvtown [or at least convinces most of us they're town].

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”