Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 923, Aureal wrote:
In post 921, Wavelength wrote:
In post 919, Aureal wrote: this idea of a hidden miller who trips not just standard investigations but things like motion detector as well
I do not believe that there is a single player who thinks that this is a thing that exists in this game, and I do not know why you are even debating it tbh

Because LLD thought it was a thing that could exist. Which you agreed was reasonable.
LLD never claimed to think that this was true.

The timeline was:

a. Greyice claimed miller Day 1.

b. LLD says she targeted Greyice night 1, and got a "Did not move" night 1 result.

c. LLD thought that meant he lied about being a miller. This is what I commented on. At that moment, her belief that this is true makes sense to me.

d. Day 2 started with LLD asking GreyIce to claim.

e. GreyIce claimed that he thought the "things you don't know" line was him being a potential miller.

f. Everyone in the thread, including LLD, concluded that he was never a miller to begin with.

--

When asked if it was reasonable for her to think that a miller would trip a motion detector, I am not judging her decision/thoughts in B and C based on information that she did not gain until E.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Aureal »

Grey did not claim miller though. He said he thought he probably was. Meaning trying to outguess the mod, not something he was actually told in his role. Given that uncertainty, him not tripping a motion detector would make me think the most likely scenario was that he guessed wrong about being a Miller, or that Miller was actually functioning as it should rather than turning it into something that trips other roles up too. Yet LLD immediately wanted a full claim rather than trying to sort those possibilities.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 926, Aureal wrote: Grey did not claim miller though. He said he thought he probably was. Meaning trying to outguess the mod, not something he was actually told in his role. Given that uncertainty, him not tripping a motion detector would make me think the most likely scenario was that he guessed wrong about being a Miller, or that Miller was actually functioning as it should rather than turning it into something that trips other roles up too. Yet LLD immediately wanted a full claim rather than trying to sort those possibilities.
Yep, I did. And if you can't see why it was the correct move and how "sorting those possibilities" would be way way harder and lead to all kinds of nonsense you need to play a few more games.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:36 am

join date 2005

and you're asking me why I didn't like, do something so strictly anti-town

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:36 am

Seriously. Genuinely.

Think about what you're asking me to do and whether it EVER works.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:41 am

In post 325, fferyllt wrote:
VC 1.6

Black (4): Rogue, hebichan, Frogs, Wavelength
hebichan (3): Lady Lambdadelta, xyzzy, Porkens
xyzzy (3): Aureal, GreyICE, PenguinPower
KawaiiKame (1): Kokichi Oma
Frogs (1): Black

Not Voting (1):
KawaiiKame

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to eliminate

Deadline: April 2, Midnight Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • If you see vote count errors, please let me know.
  • Wavelength is V/LA through March 25.
  • Black is V/LA on weekends.
  • :]

In post 400, fferyllt wrote:
VC 1.7

"He's a sorcerer, that one! He reads the thoughts in my brain!" -- Romulan Commander, Balance of Terror

hebichan (5): Lady Lambdadelta, xyzzy, Porkens, Wavelength, Black
Black (3): Rogue, hebichan, Frogs
xyzzy (3): Aureal, GreyICE, PenguinPower
KawaiiKame (1): Kokichi Oma

Not Voting (1):
KawaiiKame

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to eliminate

Deadline: April 2, Midnight Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • If you see vote count errors, please let me know.
  • Wavelength is V/LA through March 25.
  • Black is V/LA on weekends.

anyway, these vote counts are super interesting.

We need to flip Xyzzy, Rogue and somepeople from within the Aureal/GreyICE/PP wagon.

The wagon on Xyzzy isn't pure, neither is the wagon on Black, and neither is the wagon on Hebi.

I think we should probably look to kill Rogue today, maybe Xyzzy, maybe Aureal.

And take CLOSE LOOKS at GreyICE and PP in coming days.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:42 am

Post by Wavelength »

Aureal, I both see how town!LLD would have landed on playing it exactly how she did

AND

Don't think that scum!LLD comes in demanding a full claim from a psuedo miller claim at the start of day 2, which inherently forces her to also commit to a claim at start of day 2
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Aureal »

Asking "Grey I need you to explain exactly why you think you're a Miller" instead is anti town? Yeah, I need you to explain that one please.

I am seriously starting to consider making an alt because I'm really starting to feel like people see that join date and expect me to be really experienced instead of someone who's basically just been playing for three months. :?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 930, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I think we should probably look to kill Rogue today, maybe Xyzzy, maybe Aureal.

I am not understanding why xyzzy is a part of this same list, much less the top of this list.

Like, I see that Rogue, Aureal, GreyIce, and PP were all off the Hebi wagon on both vote counts, but xyzzy is on hebi in both.

And if you are just saying that you think that he is the scum on wagon, while someone else if off, what is differentiating xyzzy as being the scum on wagon vs porkens being the scum on wagon?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:27 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 929, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Seriously. Genuinely.

Think about what you're asking me to do and whether it EVER works.

"Grey why do you think you're a Miller?"
"This Strange New Worlds thing in my PM says there could be stuff I don't know about my role."
"Lolwut did you even read the sample PM?!"
"Nope!"

Seems like it works to me, and doesn't put people's role info out there. So a better world than we're in now, right?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 931, Wavelength wrote: Don't think that scum!LLD comes in demanding a full claim from a psuedo miller claim at the start of day 2, which inherently forces her to also commit to a claim at start of day 2

What if she wants to put a roleclaim out there? Now if she's still alive later on she can say it's because her role is so weak scum don't have incentive to kill her. "My role might do anything and I don't know what until I use it" is not exactly a role that screams town and hard to fake.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:37 am

In post 932, Aureal wrote: Asking "Grey I need you to explain exactly why you think you're a Miller" instead is anti town? Yeah, I need you to explain that one please.

I am seriously starting to consider making an alt because I'm really starting to feel like people see that join date and expect me to be really experienced instead of someone who's basically just been playing for three months. :?
It's wrong to do because it tells me nothing about why he shows up blank on my Motion Detect.

There's a lot of different things people expect when told to open claim. Motion Detector isn't one of them.
Tracker much more likely, or cop.

So it's possible to hit a role that overlaps weird and so we got what I believe is a true claim from a miller claim that I had 0 reason to believe was misunderstood. I know GreyICE. In my mind it was always either true or scum fake claiming.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:38 am

In post 935, Aureal wrote:
In post 931, Wavelength wrote: Don't think that scum!LLD comes in demanding a full claim from a psuedo miller claim at the start of day 2, which inherently forces her to also commit to a claim at start of day 2

What if she wants to put a roleclaim out there? Now if she's still alive later on she can say it's because her role is so weak scum don't have incentive to kill her. "My role might do anything and I don't know what until I use it" is not exactly a role that screams town and hard to fake.
why are you having this discussion instead of trying to find scum?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.3

Aureal (2): Porkens, Kokichi Oma
xyzzy (2): GreyICE, PenguinPower
Porkens (2): Aureal, Wavelength
Wavelength (1): Rogue
PenguinPower (1): xyzzx

Not Voting (3):
Lady Lambdadelta, , KawaiiKame

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to eliminate

Deadline: April 5, Noon Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-05 09:00:00)

Mod Notes

Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 936, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 932, Aureal wrote: Asking "Grey I need you to explain exactly why you think you're a Miller" instead is anti town? Yeah, I need you to explain that one please.

It's wrong to do because it tells me nothing about why he shows up blank on my Motion Detect.

There's a lot of different things people expect when told to open claim. Motion Detector isn't one of them.

So it's possible to hit a role that overlaps weird and so we got what I believe is a true claim from a miller claim that I had 0 reason to believe was misunderstood. I know GreyICE. In my mind it was always either true or scum fake claiming.

You know him well enough to decide that he must be 100% correct on his miller guess because he's just that savvy? But when he says he didn't read the sample role you also think that's somewhat in character? :?

And again we're back to my question of why did you target Grey if you think he's a Miller? You don't know what your action is going to do, so what possible useful actions could you get from targeting him? I can think of a lot that would be useless, not so much the other way around.
In post 937, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

OK, good to know that nobody is supposed to try to figure out how much you can be trusted.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 930, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: The wagon on Xyzzy isn't pure, neither is the wagon on Black, and neither is the wagon on Hebi.
What does that even mean? Those wagons are literally everyone except Kokichi and Kawaii. Are you trying to say those two ARE 'pure' because I'm gonna have to disagree with that. They're doing bupkis and I'm not happy about that.
I think we should probably look to kill Rogue today, maybe Xyzzy, maybe Aureal.
I was toying with the idea of moving my vote a few hours ago and considered Rogue since they've faded out, but I reviewed their iso and it was okay enough, they were making some good points. I'm definitely not voting for xyzzy, they and Wave are my top townreads.

I'm still very mixed on Grey. You two are driving me crazy trying to figure out. PP I would easily vote here.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:49 pm

In post 939, Aureal wrote:
In post 936, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

You know him well enough to decide that he must be 100% correct on his miller guess because he's just that savvy? But when he says he didn't read the sample role you also think that's somewhat in character? :?

And again we're back to my question of why did you target Grey if you think he's a Miller? You don't know what your action is going to do, so what possible useful actions could you get from targeting him? I can think of a lot that would be useless, not so much the other way around.
In post 937, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

OK, good to know that nobody is supposed to try to figure out how much you can be trusted.
Yes I can be assured that I generally know my REAL LIFE HUSBAND that well.

But whatever lmfao.

You're not scum hunting you're being pedantic.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by Rogue »

I passed out giving blood

-R
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by Wavelength »

In post 939, Aureal wrote: OK, good to know that nobody is supposed to try to figure out how much you can be trusted.
You spent a lot of time in the last few pages discussing whether LLD deserved to be in the "town" or the "lean town" tier. Like that was the question, directed at my reads list, that started off the discussion. Focusing on the minutia of strength of a town read does look like you are more focused on just being part of active discussions then trying to find scum.

You have not even been arguing that LLD is scum for doing it, so I am also not sure why you are so focused on it.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by Wavelength »

In post 940, Aureal wrote: PP I would easily vote here.
So PP is your second strongest scum read?

Want to talk about that read? I don't see much on them from a quick search of your iso
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by Wavelength »

@LLD

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:49 pm

In post 933, Wavelength wrote:
In post 930, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I think we should probably look to kill Rogue today, maybe Xyzzy, maybe Aureal.

I am not understanding why xyzzy is a part of this same list, much less the top of this list.

Like, I see that Rogue, Aureal, GreyIce, and PP were all off the Hebi wagon on both vote counts, but xyzzy is on hebi in both.

And if you are just saying that you think that he is the scum on wagon, while someone else if off, what is differentiating xyzzy as being the scum on wagon vs porkens being the scum on wagon?
Do you think the whole Hebi wagon in those wagons are pure?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by Wavelength »

No, I think that Porkens is the scum on those wagons
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:53 pm

In post 947, Wavelength wrote: No, I think that Porkens is the scum on those wagons
hmmm.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by Wavelength »