TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:06 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 196, Radical Rat wrote: The reason I ask is that while nothing in particular stands out as objectionable on its own, having such a comprehensive wall of opinions about every player (except Fate of course) so early on feels somewhat incredulous. Particularly it feels strange that you point out my reads as being too strong, even though I only actually have one read I'd consider to be anything more than a lean (CSF), inside of a wall post filled with nuanced opinions on everyone.

Just feels kinda like you felt obligated to have thoughts on everyone instead of them flowing naturally
You evidently never had the pleasure of playing with me when I was active. That's how I play the game, I've got a spreadsheet I note people's thought progressions, votes, and go back to once people start flipping so I can find associative-tells and patterns. Cerb at minimum can vouch, that's just how I roll.

As for your reads, strength is relative to the timeframe of the game, early on a relatively intense lean can be pretty strong. Your progression on Jingle is acceptably town-minded, your reasons for disliking CSF are sufficiently far-flung that in the given boardstate it just doesn't seem like something scum would do right then. The way you post isn't with hesitancy either, you just slap CSF with your vote and accuse him, that's what I mean by strong, intensity may be a better alternative.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:07 am

Post by wgeurts »

without hesitancy*
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:09 am

Post by wgeurts »

wait no I did write that correctly, you're not hesitant xd
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:11 am

Post by wgeurts »

Also, Cerb, read this post of Adorable and the following by my teammate Xof thereafter from Team Mafia 2021. Adorable rolled Town there, this is just how they play, and an example of why I personally am going to have a headache sorting said slot.

viewtopic.php?p=12643916#p12643916
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:12 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 198, wgeurts wrote:
In post 194, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 192, Fate wrote: Lockscum

kids these days

doesn't nearly have a good a ring as confscum

Now.

For those questioning me, shhhhh, all in due time
That seems like a sketchy refusal to elaborate considering we only know for sure you've seen pages 1 and 2.
HPE, if you're town, instead of hunkering down on why people are voting you tell me who you think we should be voting instead.
This one kinda has some misgivings about the vibes of Porkens and to a lesser extent since they've only just now come around, Fate. Porkens instantly voting for you after me gives something of a buddying impression, though it's not... really sure what to make of their posts otherwise, because it feels like shitposting. This one's starting to like you a bit more after clearing things up a bit but the initial accusations are still... Eek.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:13 am

Post by Adorable »

I'm checking in and getting ready for a meeting and I haven't read everything from where I left off.

When I first saw wgeurts reads list with long explanations it bothered me because it came way too soon early in day 1 and it didn't show paranoia. What stopped me from voting wgeurts is xofelf informing wgeurts about my playstyle and I started wondering if wgeurts is scum I have been thinking xofelf would not inform them about my playstyle.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:16 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 205, Adorable wrote: I'm checking in and getting ready for a meeting and I haven't read everything from where I left off.

When I first saw wgeurts reads list with long explanations it bothered me because it came way too soon early in day 1 and it didn't show paranoia. What stopped me from voting wgeurts is xofelf informing wgeurts about my playstyle and I started wondering if wgeurts is scum I have been thinking xofelf would not inform them about my playstyle.
As a sidenote, I'm going to openly say it's not a good idea to judge anyone in this game for what their teammates are or aren't saying. It's a common tactic for experienced mafia in Team Mafia to muddy the waters of their reads and once again, evade accountability.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:22 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 175, wgeurts wrote:
In post 166, Adorable wrote: You said me, HPE, and Porkens have posted little of no substance. It is early day 1 and there will always be players posting little of no substance no matter what alignment they are. I actively play mafia elsewhere and a majority of the players over there post little of no substance and because of this I don't understand why you are making a big deal about this.

You have a very unusual playstyle that will be hard for me to read.
As a quick note, please snip out the wall of text if you're quoting it heh, or spoiler it.

Out of curiosity, where do you play mafia outside of MS? I strongly disagree that there is nothing of substance in Day 1, it is far more speculative yes, but people's attitude towards a game can always be gauged no matter the stage. Do you disagree?
I play in WG. I wasn't able to understand much on what you were saying in the second sentence. I don't disagree on people's attitude towards a game can be gauged.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 200, wgeurts wrote: You evidently never had the pleasure of playing with me when I was active. That's how I play the game, I've got a spreadsheet I note people's thought progressions, votes, and go back to once people start flipping so I can find associative-tells and patterns. Cerb at minimum can vouch, that's just how I roll.
Not cerb, but yeah. When wgeurtz and I joined it was pretty par for the course for analytical players to have notes on everyone as town, regardless of the level of content. That particular bit is NAI. You should focus more on content and whether you think the content is real or if it fits an agenda.
This is a Parachute.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 204, HighPrincessErinys wrote: the initial accusations are still... Eek.
Can you explain how their accusations are different from mine or peta's?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:27 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 200, wgeurts wrote:
In post 196, Radical Rat wrote: The reason I ask is that while nothing in particular stands out as objectionable on its own, having such a comprehensive wall of opinions about every player (except Fate of course) so early on feels somewhat incredulous. Particularly it feels strange that you point out my reads as being too strong, even though I only actually have one read I'd consider to be anything more than a lean (CSF), inside of a wall post filled with nuanced opinions on everyone.

Just feels kinda like you felt obligated to have thoughts on everyone instead of them flowing naturally
You evidently never had the pleasure of playing with me when I was active. That's how I play the game, I've got a spreadsheet I note people's thought progressions, votes, and go back to once people start flipping so I can find associative-tells and patterns. Cerb at minimum can vouch, that's just how I roll.

As for your reads, strength is relative to the timeframe of the game, early on a relatively intense lean can be pretty strong. Your progression on Jingle is acceptably town-minded, your reasons for disliking CSF are sufficiently far-flung that in the given boardstate it just doesn't seem like something scum would do right then. The way you post isn't with hesitancy either, you just slap CSF with your vote and accuse him, that's what I mean by strong, intensity may be a better alternative.
A spreadsheet is something I always think about doing but never follow through on. Very interested in watching it develop then.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:28 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 206, wgeurts wrote: As a sidenote, I'm going to openly say it's not a good idea to judge anyone in this game for what their teammates are or aren't saying. It's a common tactic for experienced mafia in Team Mafia to muddy the waters of their reads and once again, evade accountability.
wogurtz, DK want's to hear more about your peta read, if you can.

Also, I'd never weaponize hydra dissonance. How dare you. :P
This is a Parachute.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:30 am

kids these days

Now.

That seems like a sketchy refusal to elaborate considering we only know for sure you've seen pages 1 and 2.
HPE, if you're town, instead of hunkering down on why people are voting you tell me who you think we should be voting instead.
I'm not a huge fan of this post. I think evaluating people's reasons for voting itself can be a valid form of scumhunting in of itself. As for "who it thinks we should be voting instead", its vote was already on you anyway
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:30 am

Jingle, I hate to take your fun away but can you stick with one spelling of wgeurts? It's going to make ctrl+f'ing for them in your ISO a pain otherwise
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Jingle »

I will attempt to do so, but cannot make promises. It's a subconscious process at this point.
This is a Parachute.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:40 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 209, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 204, HighPrincessErinys wrote: the initial accusations are still... Eek.
Can you explain how their accusations are different from mine or peta's?
Honestly, it can't, since the common link between all three of you is that you feel this one hasn't been making substantial posts, otherwise it's all things only wgeurts has spoken about. What IS different is you especially should actually be atleast a little familiar with my playstyle and more aware of "Hmm, this might be in HPE's townrange.", though again this one isn't exactly it's own best judge to begin with wrt it's playstyle because yeah it could have just been posting nothing garbo posts, but its not like it was trying to do so.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:45 am

I'll be honest I don't really remember your play from the xyzzy game but I can take a look later.

But by your own reasoning, shouldn't you be voting for me then since you had higher expectations from me in a sense?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:45 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 211, Jingle wrote:
In post 206, wgeurts wrote: As a sidenote, I'm going to openly say it's not a good idea to judge anyone in this game for what their teammates are or aren't saying. It's a common tactic for experienced mafia in Team Mafia to muddy the waters of their reads and once again, evade accountability.
wogurtz, DK want's to hear more about your peta read, if you can.

Also, I'd never weaponize hydra dissonance. How dare you. :P
DK? Either way what do they want more of? I think they're likely town right now, their play matches what would be expected from them and later on I expect to see it progress in a certain way. His blind vote on HBE came right at the time during my reread I came to similar conclusions, and from what little info they gave as to why they did in for the same reasons too. I can follow the thought process even though much hasn't been vocalised, and that's alll I really what at this stage of the game. The longer it goes on, the harder it will be to remain consistent and coherent as scum regardless.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:46 am

Post by wgeurts »

May I ask why you're still voting them however? As opposed to me who you've criticised or another?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:48 am

In post 218, wgeurts wrote: May I ask why you're still voting them however? As opposed to me who you've criticised or another?
Is this at me? I'm a bit confused by the reasoning behind its primary push (on you) - it doesn't really make much sense to me
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Jingle »

I still scumread them. I'm aware peta offered a back down to let the thread develop more and I tend to agree that making this the peta and Jingle show would be bad for the game, but as of right now I'm definitely planning on going back there when I'm done poking other beehives.

I don't need a vote to poke people when I have my trusty gas powered stick.
This is a Parachute.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:49 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 212, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

kids these days

Now.

I'm not a huge fan of this post. I think evaluating people's reasons for voting itself can be a valid form of scumhunting in of itself. As for "who it thinks we should be voting instead", its vote was already on you anyway
They're giving me a whole bunch of waffle. Jingle comes in and says he's a bit suspicious of Porken's, suddenly HPE is questioning Porken's too and walks back their vote on me a little. Note that Porkens is voting with HPE. If HPE is a passive player, I want to shove them off the fence and get them to take hard stances. If they're not used to that, making them squirm will in the short term and long term be telling enough.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:49 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 219, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 218, wgeurts wrote: May I ask why you're still voting them however? As opposed to me who you've criticised or another?
Is this at me? I'm a bit confused by the reasoning behind its primary push (on you) - it doesn't really make much sense to me
Was aimed at Jingle, who do you take as town right now yourself?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:53 am

Post by Radical Rat »

HPE is correct that this mostly lines up with its towngame. Though I don't believe I've ever played with it as scum before
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:58 am

In post 221, wgeurts wrote: They're giving me a whole bunch of waffle.
Jingle comes in and says he's a bit suspicious of Porken's, suddenly HPE is questioning Porken's too and walks back their vote on me a little.
Note that Porkens is voting with HPE. If HPE is a passive player, I want to shove them off the fence and get them to take hard stances. If they're not used to that, making them squirm will in the short term and long term be telling enough.
I don't think pressuring someone you're voting with means much at this stage of the game, but the bolded is a fairly good observation
In post 222, wgeurts wrote: Was aimed at Jingle, who do you take as town right now yourself?
Radical Rat comes across as town, especially given what I perceive their scum range to be. Adorable feels genuine

I had some towny feelings on Jingle and petapan earlier but am going to be more wary of those slots

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”